HONEY (I)

By leelahrose

𝘼 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙤𝙫�... More

BOOK ONE (I)
II.
III.
IIII.
IV.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
X.
•••
I.

IX.

293 13 14
By leelahrose

chapter nine.

"𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧."

-Toosi, Circa 2022

6:30 AM

Khaleesi stirs in her sleep, soft knocking pecking at her ears. She groans—turning around towards the balcony, her sight already being blinded by sunlight before opening her eyes. She scrunches her eyebrows seeing Kamari on the other side of the window, Khaleesi hops out of bed and runs toward the doors. She couldn't lie, Leesi really didn't trust him after last night—it scared the living shit out of her.

Khaleesi believed that Kamari would deny what Ace had said about him but no, he did have a plan. That was crazy to her, her fingers holding onto the handle tightly—she hears his voice and looks toward her bed. "Who was that last night?"

"Leave me alone, Mari." Her groggily voice was low, she rubs the sleep out of her eyes and sighs out of frustration.

"Are you serious? Leesi, open this door." He bangs his hand against the window and she glances back at her door. "Fuck them! I wanna talk, right now." Khaleesi shuts her curtains and walks back over to her bed, flopping down on the comforter. Her body exhausted from the extra hours of sleep she got. "Leesi, I've been calling you all night."

Khaleesi had drifted off to sleep moments later, little snores slipping from her mouth as her mouth is parted slightly. She wakes up instantly when someone shakes her, Leesi shot up being faced with Kamari. A breeze flying past her, she looks at the balcony door seeing the hinges broken off. "Nigga-"

Kamari pulls her up and lifts Khaleesi over his shoulder, she gasps—punching her fists against his back. "Motherfucka, put me down!" She struggles to get out of his hold, she just wanted one peaceful day without niggas infiltrating her life. Especially ones that want to kill her. "Kali!" Her cry for help startles him as he puts her down quickly, his hand clasping over her mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?" His eyes dark brown, she looks away from him while tugging his hand off of her mouth. "Khaleesi."

"Get out." She hears her sisters voice then darts over to Kali, she grabs Khaleesi's arm moving her away from him. "She doesn't want you here." Kamari reaches for her once again—Kali switching out her knife, pressing it into his neck. "I hope you do."

"Leesi, you know I wouldn't hurt you. I won't kill Q. Nobody gets hurt." He holds his hand out toward her, she looks up at him. "Baby, please, come home." She steps back, shaking her head.

"Please leave."

"I love you." His voice was begging, Khaleesi hits her hand on his chest.

"Just fucking leave! I hate you." Khaleesi races out of her room, Kali looking at Kamari then arching her eyebrow.

"Out."

•••

10:30 PM

"That man's officially lost his mind." Nizhoni takes another bite of her Caesar salad, she moans at how good the taste is then squirms in her seat. "You good though, Khaleesi? Niggas is crazy now-a-days. Gotta be careful, sis."

"She ain't careful, she with another crazy nigga." Khaleesi glares at Kali then smacks her shoulder. "Don't get mad at me cause that nigga left you high and dry last night."

"Fucking bitch!" She tugs on her hair and Nizhoni annoyingly breaks their fight up, Kali flicks her on the forehead and Khaleesi sighs. "I'm not with that man." Her cheeks hot and her mind bothered by just the thought of Ace, she still couldn't get Kamari's words off of her mental. "He's irritating as hell."

"When he's not in between your legs, just saying." Kali holds her hands up and Nizhoni shushes her. Khaleesi hears noisy talking coming from the corner of the café, they were currently on Michigan State's campus. Nizhoni goes to school here and has been for two years now—she's a nursing major. She spots the last face she wants to see and briskly ducks behind Kali, a string of curses coming from her mouth. "What is it?"

"It's Ace." Nizhoni races to Khaleesi's seat to help conceal her from his view. "Act normal." They pose in an awkward way causing Khaleesi to sigh out of frustration, she hits the seat causing Kali to jump.

"Fuck, he's looking."

"What?! You bitches were suppose to act normal." Khaleesi stands up—huffing out an exasperated breath, Nizhoni letting her have her seat back.

"Yo, Leesi!" She looks up at him then rolls her eyes, pulling a piece of hair behind her ear. "Man, niggas wanna act so fake. Scoot over." He moves into her seat grabbing her arm so she wouldn't fall over, Khaleesi groans hitting him in the chest.

"Y'all cute." Nizhoni points at the both of them, a wide smile on her face.

"That's what I be tryna tell her." He leans forward nodding towards Khaleesi, the view in the window reflecting off his golds.

"It's not happening." She switches her hair to the side and takes a few more bites of her fruit cup.

"Whatever man, look, you study for the test? Take my flash cards, quiz me." He hands Nizhoni a stack of white index cards, she purses her lips and begins to flip through them. Khaleesi tunes them out as she turns toward Kali, her nostrils flaring. "Don't be talking about me over there." His back pressing on her side a little, she gasps and suddenly grabs his wrist.

"You play too much!"

"You didn't fall though."

"Shutup! Kali, Niz, I'm finna go. I have to get dressed for work, tell me how your shift goes." She pats her sister's shoulder while standing up, her fruit secured in her hand.

"No goodbye to me?"

"Fuck you, Ace." Khaleesi glances back at him, he smiles standing up quickly to run after her.

"Come with me." She looks at him furrowing her eyebrows whilst glancing down at her phone, the time edging towards eleven o' clock. "You tough, you know that? I'll pay for your time. Call out." He licks his lips, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Khaleesi eyes Ace up and down, her thoughts colliding in her mind. "Don't you got stuff to do? Gang stuff?" He laughs removing the black backpack off of his shoulder. "I'm serious, I don't need to be with anyone else doing this. I don't have time."

"Look, I'm tryna better myself—a nigga in college I'm tryna get my degree." She could understand that, she clears her throat looking down.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to judge you so quickly." Khaleesi squeezes the straps of her purse, moving a little closer to him. Her legs crossed as she shifts back and forth on her tip toes, her low-rise dark jeans hugging her curves—she wears a brown crop top to match. Her piercings sticking through the fabric of the shirt.

"You beautiful." She looks up at him through her fluffy extensions, a chuckle slipping through her lips. "Not you blushing."

"Nigga, just give me my money." He digs in his backpack, pulling out a roll of cash—she holds her hand out and he lays it in her palm. "This is more than what I get paid, sir. Take some back."

"Nah, it's double, keep it." She arches her eyebrow and smiles brightly.

"Oh, you got it like that?"

"I got it like that."

"Bye, where's the car?"

"In the back, let me holla at my niggas real quick. Don't go outside yet, wait for me."

"I guess, hurry up."

"Where you going?" Kali stops her little sister in her steps, her arm held out. "Don't be going no where near Kamari." She says before picking up her water to eventually gulp it down.

"I'm going with you know who, I'll be back."

"Uh oh, what y'all finna do?" Kali smirks, a playful look on her face. She has a piece of chocolate cake between her fingers, she places it in her mouth and chews slowly. "You need some condoms? Niz, get my bag." She whispers to her best friend, reaching her arm over the table.

"No need." They stop their movements to look over at her, Khaleesi crossing her arms over her chest. "Y'all, I'm not messing with that man." She whines, glancing over at Ace to see if he was done talking—she couldn't deny it: he was fine and they do have chemistry. "Just hurry up and pass them."

"That's my bitch." Nizhoni tosses them to her, she barely catches them as they land between the tip of her fingers. She stuffs them in her tote then straightens herself up when Ace begins to walk over.

"You ready? Car over here. We see y'all later." He grabs Khaleesi's hand as he walks pass, bringing her along. They get outside and she takes her hand from him, glaring at Ace through squinted eyes. "What I do?"

"Don't be tryna claim me in public, we not together and this—whatever we're doing is not a date."

"You afraid yo nigga watching?" He gently moves her body in front of him then away from the street as they begin to walk, his hands on her waist. She felt secure—melting under his soft touch.

"No, I'm not scared of him." She looks back at Ace batting her lashes, her gaze going back on the sidewalk—her eyebrows creasing a little. "Maybe... what happened in the diner?" Khaleesi stops in front of him, turning around.

"It wasn't nothing, quick little fight."

"Ace, come on."

"That shit gon' get me tight again, ain't no reason for you to be scared either." He laid his arm around her lower back, gradually moving her to the car. "May I open the door for you? Can I at least do that?" They now stand at the passenger side, a car riding past with smooth neo-soul tunes blasting. His lips beginning to lift in a closed smile as Khaleesi nods her head slowly.

"You are allowed." He opens the door to his coupe, Khaleesi bending down— getting into the car while eyeing him.

"Get ya pretty ass in there then."

"Boy bye, get in." He laughs jogging to the other side, hopping in the car—he shuts the door then groans when he hits the seat. "You so extra."

"And you a hater." He presses the push-start while his foot lays on the brake, Khaleesi laying back in the seat—adjusting it as needed. As soon as the car started, the vocals of Pnb rock filled the space. She relaxed, just a bit, the music and the night sky was a vibe to her. He backs out of the parking lot, Khaleesi raising down the window and laying her head on the seal.

The street lights brush across her face as he drives, his hand on the wheel as he glances over at her—the ends of her hair flying through the wind like fire embers. They come to a neighborhood that Khaleesi was all to familiar with, it was Ace's. Multiple people were outside—dancing, playing games, and talking amongst themselves. Trina echoing loudly throughout the streets, she hadn't been here in years.

The energy was amazing, that's all Khaleesi could think about. She leans back in her seat as Ace drives through, he waved at a couple people. They pull into a driveway, a not-so-large house in front of them—the porch full of men and a dash of women here and there. This is his brothers house, a safe place that him and Q used to have to come over and discuss business. "Thought you might be comfortable here."

He leans back against the seat, his arm hanging out of the open window. Khaleesi faces him, laying her cheek on the palm of her hand—her elbow holding up her weight. "What, you my bodyguard now?" He places a wood between his lips, lighting it—his hand up to block out the draft of the wind.

"I can be yo' forever one."

The street lights shining down through the car, Khaleesi feels the squeezing pressure in her face—her cheeks turning red. A closed smile subtly appearing on her lips, she turns toward the window at the neighbors next door barbecuing. "No."

"I'm not that bad once you get to know me."

"That's what they all say."

"I think you should—come find out for yourself." His hand laying on the top of his pants, she turns to him once again and shifts herself in the seat.

"I can't get caught up with anyone else right now." Khaleesi sighs then sits up, she plays with her squared nails—picking at the designs. "You seem like a great person, for real. Let me just try to work this out with Kamari." She was nervous, her thighs shaking as she waited for Ace's response.

"It's my turn now, though." Khaleesi instantly looks in his direction, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Who said I wanted you?"

"You wouldn't be here if you ain't want me, shorty." He takes another hit of his wood, he passes it to Khaleesi and she pauses before taking it in between her fingers. "At least you won't have to worry about ya family liking me."

She glares at him through a side eye then gently laughs, her lips wrapping around the wood. She takes several hits and inhales each one, her head beginning to feel light. Khaleesi could sense Ace's gaze on her, she glances over at him then passes the wood once again. "Whatever."

"Mhm."

"Yo, Ace." Somebody leans down into the window, pointing at the SRT driving down the street. He looks back and Khaleesi follows his stare, she immediately regrets it—recognizing the vehicle as Kamari's car.

"Shit."

"Who the fuck is that?" Ace opens his door and Khaleesi places her hand on his arm swiftly.

"Don't, can you niggas not tonight?" Khaleesi begs, she glances back at his car stopping on the side of the street. "Ace, please."

"Let me handle it, you want him off you right?" She completely stops, her eyes pricking with tears a little—she didn't have the time for drama and Kamari was definitely not giving her the space she needs. "Just stay right here...let me handle it. I promise I won't do no crazy shit. Aight?" Khaleesi squeezes the sides of her seat, she leans back and attempts to relax.

"Okay, just-just hurry up." Khaleesi pushes her seat back then peeks her head over the window. Ace jumping out of the car, pulling his pants up in the process. Her eyes landing on Kamari's built figure, a scowl on his face.

"Where she at?"

"Nigga, you ain't finna walk up in here demanding shit, where they do that at?" Khaleesi breathes out a frustrating breath, her chest moving up and down.

"I ain't got all night, Khaleesi!" One of his friends stops him from walking to the side of the car, his eyes glaring at Kamari as he pushes him back swiftly.

"Nigga." Kamari walks up to him but stops when he notices Leesi standing outside of the passenger door. Her hands hugging her arms as her eyebrows furrow, she walks up slowly—her body hiding itself behind Ace. "Leesi, let's go. You don't even know this nigga." His hand reaching for her, his friends blocking her quickly in one move—Ace already standing in front of Khaleesi.

"Tell you what, I like that you got heart—nigga showed up here by himself." Ace says, shaking his index finger at him—a couple laughs from here and there. Kamari taking a couple steps back, seeing that he was overpowered at the moment. "I'mma give you... two minutes to shake or I'mma kill you."

"Ace." Khaleesi's hand had grabbed the back of his shirt when Kamari came toward her, she couldn't deny it—she was terrified of him now. "You promised." Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper—she couldn't even look at Mari. Ace's dark stare was on his being, the silence was deafening.

"Why you still standing? Get yo' ass up out of here." His hands shoving him against his shoulders, Kamari comes toward Ace—swinging his fist at his cheek. He had dodged it, bringing his hand back and punching him in the face. Khaleesi gasps, Kamari stumbling back a little—his head moving to the side. "Ain't nobody finna jump in, what's good?"

"Cut it out." Khaleesi shoves past his friends and Ace—she eyes him before grabbing onto Kamari's shoulder to lead him to the car before he could react anymore. "Are you insane?! Mari, leave please."

"Leesi, I love you."

"Kamari, please-"

"I'm for real, Leesi." She pauses in her shoes, stopping the shifting on her feet—his eyes welled up with tears. "Baby, I'm sorry I should've trusted you. Would you please come home? Please. I'll prove to you how much I'm sorry, anything."

"Kamari, I need time to think—just give me time to think."

"So you spending your time with him? You don't know him, you just met this fucking nigga?" Khaleesi backs away her eyes looking up at him, he was hurt—extremely hurt. He was really trying to control himself and these strong feelings of anger. "I don't give a fuck about him starting shit, I wanna leave with you."

"I knew you for years and you still were going to kill me, Mari." He gazes down at her.

"I was never gonna kill you, it was just a plan Leesi just in case. But, I realize that that hurt you. I'm sorry, I apologize—I'm not going to ever do that shit again."

"Maybe this is for the best."

"What you talking about? We not done, please, don't push me away right now."

"Maybe we need to be, it's dangerous, Mari." He sighs and shaking his head, Khaleesi follows his gaze. "You know I'm right, you know I am."

"Then let's run." He was being persistent and she didn't want to acknowledge it but it was absolutely turning her on, such an inappropriate time. "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Her lashes shutting close a couple times, his eyes scanning every corner of hers. "We'll start over, do it for real this time." It sounded so good, she wanted to jump into his arms so badly but was being held back by her own pride and hurt.

"I can't trust you anymore, I think it's best if we just part ways." She couldn't even look at Kamari, her eyes facing the concrete. She had dealt with so much heartbreak, her chest aching and her head pounding—she couldn't afford another bad guy. She found herself walking away from him, leaving him standing at his car.

She hears the tires streaking against the pavement, Khaleesi stomping up to Ace her finger pressing into his chest. "Don't do that shit again." His hand grabbing onto her arm before she could reach the passenger door, she looks back at him—irritation dancing all over her face.

"I'm just tryna protect you."

"I don't need your protection! Take me the fuck home."

———————-•••———————-

A/N: Uh oh, looks like Ace and Leesi getting closer...😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 546 10
𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐗 𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞.
796 29 5
𝘼 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖...
116K 4.2K 23
"𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆'𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐�...
4.7K 206 14
𝘚𝘗𝘐𝘕 𝘖𝘍𝘍 𝘖𝘍 𝘍𝘙𝘖𝘔 "𝘉𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘋"