Only the strongest survive (G...

By 8ka0na8ka

Y/n L/n, a strong and independent young man. He walks around carrying only what he needs to survive. A backpa... More

β€’Prologueβ€’
β€’- Chapter 1 -β€’
β€’- Chapter 2 -β€’
β€’-Chapter 3-β€’
β€’-Chapter 4-β€’
β€’-Chapter 5-β€’
β€’-Chapter 6-β€’
β€’-Chapter 7-β€’
β€’-Chapter 8-β€’
β€’-Chapter 9-β€’
β€’-Chapter 10-β€’
β€’-Chapter 11-β€’
β€’-Chapter 12-β€’
β€’-Chapter 13-β€’
β€’-Chapter 14-β€’
β€’-Chapter 15-β€’
β€’-Chapter 16-β€’
β€’-Chapter 17-β€’
β€’-Chapter 18-β€’
β€’-Chapter 19-β€’
β€’-Chapter 20-β€’
β€’-Chapter 21-β€’
β€’-Chapter 22-β€’
β€’-Chapter 23-β€’
β€’-Chapter 24-β€’
β€’-Chapter 25-β€’
β€’-Chapter 27-β€’
β€’-Chapter 28-β€’
β€’-Chapter 29-β€’
β€’-Chapter 30-β€’
β€’-Chapter 31-β€’
β€’-Chapter 32-β€’
β€’-Chapter 33-β€’
β€’-Chapter 34-β€’
β€’-Chapter 35-β€’
β€’-Chapter 36-β€’
β€’-Chapter 37-β€’
β€’-Chapter 38-β€’
β€’-Chapter 39-β€’
β€’-Chapter 40-β€’
β€’-Chapter 41-β€’
β€’-Chapter 42-β€’
β€’-Chapter 43-β€’
β€’-Chapter 44-β€’
β€’-Chapter 45-β€’
β€’-Chapter 46-β€’
β€’-Chapter 47-β€’
β€’-Chapter 48-β€’
β€’-Chapter 49-β€’
β€’-Chapter 50-β€’
β€’-Chapter 51-β€’
β€’-Chapter 52-β€’
β€’-Chapter 53-β€’
β€’-Chapter 54-β€’
β€’-Chapter 55-β€’
β€’-Chapter 56-β€’
β€’-Chapter 57-β€’

β€’-Chapter 26-β€’

94 2 0
By 8ka0na8ka

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

"Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick? We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed" Carol says. I nod. "It must have all started somewhere in the middle of the night. A lot of them died. Shit, I almost did too, I agree with Carol, we have to separate them or who knows what could happen the next time this whole little flu shit kills someone" I say. Glenn looks over at me and squints his eyes, I'm never gonna hear the end of it from him.

"That's everyone in the cell block, that's all of us, maybe more" Daryl says.

"We know that this sickness can be lethal, we don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel says. Now that I think about it. I don't really pay enough attention to these people. Patrick, Sasha, Tyreese, and the kids are the only ones I've ever payed attention to.

"We can't, just wait and see, there's children, it isn't just the illness. If people die they become a threat" Carol says. I nod. "The kids should be quarantined somewhere away from the adults, they've been around Patrick, but none of them show any symptoms that Patrick did. I'll have C/n (younger) guard the kids and make sure none of them turn" I say. "We need a place for them to go, they can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up" Hershel says. This isn't looking good for us. It's been a long time since this whole thing has started. Sometimes I forget just how deadly sickness can be without modern medicine.
We're pinned. If people keep dying, this whole place will be overrun by our very own people. I'd hate to think like this, but I think we should kill those who are sick. I'm not saying I'll do it, but I'll bring it up with Rick. I know he probably won't like the idea, but times are desperate. We don't even know how to treat this flu.

"We can use cell block A" Carol suggests. "Death row? I'm not sure that's much of an upgrade" Glenn pitches in. "It's clean, that's an upgrade, think that'll work for Dr. S?" Daryl says.

"I'll help Caleb get it set up" Hershel says.

Just then we all hear a woman coughing. Oh shit, the fucking flu didn't die with Patrick and the other dude. We all turn our heads, then getting up to check out who's coughing.

As we peak out the door we see Tyreese walking with Karen. "You okay?" Tyreese asks her. She nods, humming in response.

"You sure? You don't sound so good" Carol says, walking into the hall. They turn around. "I'm just taking her back to my cell so she can get some rest" Tyreese says. "Tyreese, I don't think that's a good idea" Hershel says. Karen starts to look at Tyreese, a small look of panic in her eyes.

"Why? What's going on now?" Karen asks frantically. We exchange a few awkward glances each other. It's narrows down to just me and Glenn. "You tell them, you're the man of this relationship, grow a pair" I say crossing my arms. He groans.

"We think it's a flu or something, that's how Patrick died" Glenn explains shortly. "There, I expect something in return, like an explanation" he whispers as Hershel continues to talk with them. I sigh. "Yeah I'll explain later, but let's get through this first" I say. I honestly don't know what I did, I just need him to focus on the task at hand.

"David from the Decatur group, he's been coughing too" Karen says. "I'll get him. There's some empty clean cells in the tombs right?" He says. "Yeah we'll meet you there" Sasha says as he makes his way out of the room.

Sasha takes Tyreese and Karen away.

"We'll have to call another meeting later" Hershel says. "Alright, I'll get to burying the dead ones" Daryl says. "You wear gloves and a mask" Hershel instructs.

"And I'll get to-" before I get the chance to finish my sentence, I start coughing. Oh no, this cannot be happening right now. I didn't even feel the cough coming, it just came. It's alright though, it doesn't feel that bad. "Fuck! You guys back away from me, I'll make my way to A and help get things ready since I'm already knocking on deaths door" I say. "We'll figure something out. In the meantime, stay strong, not like you ever had that problem before, but keep yourself aware" Hershel says.

When I get down to A, Glenn is already down there with Karen and this David man. He turns to me, confusion plastered all over his face. He walks towards me, but before he takes another step I put my hand out and shake my head. "Y/n? What's wrong? Why are you down here? Did they send you down to help me?" He asks, concern laced in his voice. I shake my head.

"I think it's best if you just kept your distance from all three of us, it isn't safe. You saw how fast it took Patrick and the other guy, I don't want that to happen to you" I say, tears welling up in my eyes. He starts to shake his head, not believing what I'm telling him. He approaches me but I start to back up with every step he takes.

"Glenn! I have it too okay?! Just get out already, let me handle down here, I'll set everything up. You guys just send people down, make as little contact as possible and when you do, wear a mask and wear gloves too, we can't have more people dying" I say, wiping my tears away I put a serious look on my face. "Im fine Glenn, I only started coughing back there after you left to go get David, it isn't bad now but I don't know how long it will stay like that" I say looking down to the floor.

"I can't just leave you down here Y/n. What about me? Who's gonna reassure me at night? What about your cousins? They don't even know you're down here" he says. I sigh. "Tell C/n (younger) I said to listen to whatever Rick or Hershel tells him to do, I can't tell or listen to the plan anymore" I say. Glenn shakes his head. "Can I at least have one more hug? A kiss maybe? Just one" he asks. Oh Glenn, I wish I could. I shake my head. "Don't risk it Glenn, I'd never forgive myself if you got the flu because of me" I say. He shakes his head. "Fine. But promise me that I'll get to hold you alive again, and that I'll get to show you that I love you very much. Can you promise that?" He asks. I shake my head. "I can't. But I will promise that I won't stop fighting this damn flu until my very last breath" I say. He tears up, nodding his head he makes his way to the gate. "I love you Y/n, I'll see you when we get you medicine and I won't let go of you after that" he says.
If only it worked like that, but I'll probably be dead by the time they find something.

     "You guys rest, get in a cell and make yourselves comfortable. I'll get this place ready for anyone else who comes in" I say. "No, we can help you" Karen says. I shake my head. "You guys just rest, I still have my strength" I say.

     They look at each other before reluctantly sending a nod over my way. "Thank you" they say in unison. I nod my head.

     That's shitty. I was talking about killing the next people who got sick, but here I am, sick too. Maybe I should still do it, kill Karen and David, then kill myself. No, that's not right, there has to be another way.

Timeskip

•———————————————————————•
•-Glenn POV-•

•—————————————-•

     I'm sitting down in me and Y/n's cell, thinking about what happened back there. Y/n's sick? He has that flu? The same one that killed Patrick overnight? Y/n won't die right? He's strong, he'll fight through it. He has to. I start to cry, thinking about Y/n and how he could die.

     "Glenn? What's wrong?" C/n (older) asks from the door. I look at him. "It's Y/n" I say. He starts to get concerned. "What happened? Is he okay?" He asks frantically. I shake my head. "He has it" I say. C/n looks at me, confusion written all over his face. He wasn't there when we were discussing the flu, so he doesn't know anything about what happened this morning. Other than the fact that someone died. "Has what?" He asks. I take a Deep breath.

     "Patrick and one of the other guys died last night, came back and attacked the cell block" I say. C/n tilts his head. "They died from this sickness, a flu, it killed them overnight" I explain. He nods, gesturing for me to continue. I sigh, not wanting to tell him, but he has to know. "Karen and David have the flu, the one that killed Patrick last night" I say. He nods, not catching on to what I'm about to say.
     "Y/n has it too" I say, putting my head down.

     "No! You're joking!" C/n (older) says. I shake my head. "I didn't want to believe it either" I say sadly. C/n starts to cry.

     After a little while he wipes his eyes, looking up in confidence before saying, "it's okay, Y/n's a fighter, he won't let this sickness take him" he says. I nod with confidence, smiling at him. "Let's just hope we can find something to treat it, before he can't fight it anymore" I say solemnly. C/n nods his head. "He'll hang in there, he won't just let himself die" he says. I nod.
You will live through this Y/n, I know you can.

A Few Days Later

•———————————————————————•
•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————•

"Glenn..." I call out weakly. I don't think I can fight it anymore. Karen and David was murdered the night they got sick. I don't know why I wasn't murdered as well, but now I'm starting to wish I was. Glenn got sick a day after I did, a lot of people did. Somehow, I've survived the longest. That is up until now, I don't have it in me to keep fighting this sickness.

"Y/n? What do you need?" Glenn asks, making his way to my side. We've kept a good distance between us, just incase one of us would turn. It wouldn't do anything since we're in the same cell, but I left my katana along with my moms bow and some arrows right next to him. We shared our little moments when he first joined me in my cell, but since then we've distanced ourselves from each other.

"Please... just kill me already" I say, tears rolling down my eyes. He shakes his head. "No, they're working on something right now, you just need to hang on a little bit more" I shake my head, tears streaming down my face. "Glenn... look at me... I've fought this as long as I could... I-I, can't k-keep goi-ng. My ski-in is pale, my bo-body aches-s, and I-ve lived way lo-longer than I shou-should've" I say, choking over my own blood. He signals for me to stop talking, so I stop. "Please, for me" he begs. I sigh, nodding my head weakly.

     Just a few seconds later, Glenn rolls over on the floor and starts coughing blood. "Glenn!" I whisper hoarsely. I start to call out for Hershel, but I didn't notice the walkers wandering the place.

     A Walker starts to shake the gate to me and Glenn's cell but the gates are closed. I weakly and slowly get up on my feet, using the walls to hold me up. Grabbing my moms katana, I stab the Walker in the head.

     Hershel comes in the cell and checks up on Glenn. "Help... him, please... Her-Hershel" I cry out. Hershel walks out, looking for something to help him. I keep up my efforts on trying to keep him conscious. "Don't leave me Glenn" I cry.

As Hershel comes back I start to cough as well. I start to choke on my blood, as well as Glenn. Hershel comes back, but now he has to decide which person to use it on.

With as much strength as I could, I point to Glenn and tap on his shoulder. Hershel looks to me. "Are you sure?" He asks. I nod weakly, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Hershel gets to working on Glenn and gives him the medicine. Just a moment later, C/n (older) and Maggie stumble by the gate. They watch as Glenn gets the medicine, and they watch as I choke on my blood. I go to motion for Maggie to take C/n out of the cell block but by me doing that it results in me coughing even more. I need to be taken to another cell. If I turn, then I don't want to be responsible for killing anyone.

I can't say anything though, I'm too caught up in my own blood. I start to cry again, but instead blood comes out my eyes instead. What the fuck is going on? I'm dying aren't I? "Y/n!" I hear C/n's voice and Maggie's, but really distant. I'm gonna die, aren't I.

     "Right here! Please! Y/n needs it!" I hear C/n cry out. What's he talking about?

     After that little outbreak of emotions, C/n's face appears in my vision. "Hang in there Y/n, we've got the medicine for you" I hear him say.

     As I continue to cough and cry out blood I feel something force it's way into my mouth and down my throat. I feel my breathing starting to get easier with every pump of air they push into my throat. Sooner or later I'm not coughing or choking anymore. I then feel a liquid go down my throat. "It's just the medicine, you've fought long and hard Y/n, you can finally rest easy now" I hear Hershel's voice.

     "Thank you" I cry. Hershel, Maggie, and C/n (older) smile at me. I look over to my side to see Glenn, knocked out. I know he's fine, they gave him the medicine.

     As they leave the cell I snuggle in to Glenn's side. I start to cry into his shoulder at the fact that my fighting this flu wasn't all for nothing. I actually lived through it, even though I was literally about to die earlier.

     In the end, things worked out, really good. A lot of people died, but those who lived, accomplished something really great today.
     I wonder what comes tomorrow?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 76 2
*Completed One Shot* After a week of being pissed, Gon and a group of friends take a relaxing trip to the mall. Gon wasn't exactly the happiest perso...
83.9K 2.8K 22
Mika is an unusually bored man, having very little interest in what life has to offer. Not having any friends or family, he wanders about the streets...
17.5K 300 31
𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘒 𝘣𝘦𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜‹π˜¦π˜’π˜― π˜‹π˜ͺ𝘹𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 πƒπˆπ—πŽπ n...
7.9K 293 15
PLEASE READ. So, this is the new TWD story I announced yesterday. And as promised, it's up today. In this story, Y/N L/N is a young man from Washing...