•-Chapter 43-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

     How did they get here so fast? I thought I'd have more time, but no, I'm not prepared to take them on right now.

     After the little meeting, I went to fortify the house so B/n could safely hide while I helped everyone else. I should've thought about the walls falling early.

     In the middle of rearranging my house, I heard a lout crash. I wanted to finish up securing the closet first. Securing meaning to finish shoving everything heavy in front of it. I didn't put B/n in there though, I wanted to feed him before I put him in there.

     But by the time I opened the door to check it out, there were already walkers outside on the streets.

     Then right when I was about to close the door, a Walker came from out of nowhere and almost bit my finger off. So I had to run up stairs, I didn't stop for nothing, I kept running. Then when I got up there, I grabbed as much stuff as I could and threw it down the stairs to block it and push some walkers back. It worked, but it's only a matter of time before the walkers barge through it.

I make a little splint from me and Glenn's shirts to put B/n in. I'm not leaving him here. I've made that mistake once, I'm not doing it again.
"Shhh, we'll be safe soon" I hush.

The suns going down, we're losing light.

When I make it to the stairs I look down to see that the walkers are almost getting through. I take a Deep breath and wrap one arm around B/n.

I swing my katana horizontally, taking out multiple walkers at a time. Fuck, this isn't gonna work. At this point all of downstairs is flooded with walkers. It's gonna be a long night.

So I've been swinging for a while now. I think I'm getting somewhere. I won't make any movements to go downstairs because I can't see that well. It's too dark in here to see anything, the only source of light being the open door.

In the midst of all my swinging I hear the screams of either a little boy, or a woman. Soon after, another scream is heard, this time I know for sure it's a woman. Then after the screaming stops, I hear a gunshot. Okay, three people just died.
The first scream had to of had brought the walkers towards them. The second was probably by the first person when they had fallen. Then the person who's hot that gun, the walkers had to of had heard it.

I walk down the stairs carefully, an arm held protectively over B/n. Don't worry bubs, we'll make it through this.

I clear the rest of the walkers that were left downstairs before I shut every door, leaving the living room open. I leave the front door open though, I have to find a lantern first.

When I find the lantern I close the door before lighting it up.

I open the windows to see if I can find anyone who may need help. If they are in reach, I will open my doors. If not, then good luck out there.

As I inspect the area I see all the walkers turning in the other direction. Uh oh, somebody's caught their eyes.

Rick? What is he doing? He's attacking them, by himself. Wait, not by himself. Is that? C/n (older)? What are they doing?