Fatal Trust

By swazzleberry

{COMPLETED} Trust is the most important thing in the world. Without it you could never tell anyone about your... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
Thank you!!!
Side Note

Chapter 3

41 6 1
By swazzleberry

Chloe trails behind me as I walk with Logan. Logan stops abruptly and freezes. He looks around then grabs my arm.

" Listen, I didn't have a choice. I really am sorry. But, you should've known better. Trust is fatal, when you are a spy," he says. I gasp and pull away. How does he know?

Then a deep voice comes out of nowhere in particular. It seems to be surrounding us.

" Do you have the girl? " it asks.

" Yes she is in my possesion, " says Logan as his grip on me tightens. They are talking about me! I twist out of his grip and swing my arm for a punch. He catches it mid-swing. " Darling, I am afraid you are behind in your training, " he says.

He twists my arm backwards and shoves me to the ground. I cry out in pain, but I don't move. If I do, my arm will break. So I lay still, breathing heavily.

" You will do as I say. If you choose to disobey me, Nelli will be the one hurt, " he says.

" Let her go she has nothing to do with this, " I say through clenched teeth.

" My dear, you are quite a slow learner, " he starts but I cut him off.

" I am no longer your dear, " I say.

" You are my dear until I declare otherwise. And Nelli has everything to do with this. She means something to you. You won't care if we hurt you. But, you will care if we hurt her, " he says. Shoot, everything he said is true. I do care about her and I will do anything to protect her. " Now stand, " he commands. I do as he says, but only because of Nelli.

Logan shoves me forward. Reluctantly, I let him guide me. We walk stariaght along the pathway, which seem to be leading us exactly to where we  must go. But, I don't focus on where we are going. Instead I focus on Nelli.

How in the world did they ( whoever they may be ) manage to capture Nelli? I never mentioned where she lives to Logan. Did he ever drive her home a any point? No he couldn't have. Unless...oh shoot. After that party last week I made him drive because Nelli was drunk and I was too tired. How could I have been so stupid and naive?

How did I not know that Logan was against me? Wasn't it obvious? Of course it was obvious. The way he asked too many questions about what I was doing and my location. The way he wanted to know every little detail about me. All the legal documents of mine he wanted to see. But, I was so stupidly giddy in love that I didn't realize what was happening.

I choke down a sob and force the tears away. I will not cry. Not in front of him not where he can see that he has won. And that I have lost the battle because of love. But, it wasn't love. No, it wasn't real. It only went one way.

" My love, listen closely. If you step out of line once Nelli is dead understood? " he asks harshly. I twist in his grip and spit in his face.

" You are a monster. I hate you, " I say. He slaps me across the face.

" You stepped out of line, " he says, evenly. A scream fills the air around us.

" Nelli, " I gasp.

" I will ask again. Do you understand? " he asks. This time I nod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 3.2K 66
Well, this is my first attempt of trying short stories. It is the collection of love stories.
368K 1.2K 47
πŸ”žπŸ”žπŸ”ž warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.πŸ”žπŸ”ž
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...