✓ this side of paradise ミ wal...

By oxangejuice

"so if you're lonely, darling you're glowing if you're lonely, come be lonely with me." or michelle richards... More

THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
PLAYLIST
ACT ONE: THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
ONE. our final goodbye will lead to a thousand hellos
TWO. split river high afterlife support group
THREE. the past, the present, and no future
FOUR. lucky in the most unlikely way
FIVE. a note from me to you
SIX. the five yard line
SEVEN. the very first night
EIGHT. the day her soul died
NINE. everything has changed
ELEVEN. the only dream you seek

TEN. doomsday is close at hand

3.8K 178 144
By oxangejuice

ON OCTOBER 31st, 1983, Jennifer Daniels woke up and pulled her blonde hair out of its ponytail. She stared into the mirror and looked dead as ever. Her lips cracked, almost bleeding, and her bright blue eyes almost dull of its color as she looked at herself.

She had gone further and further down a rabbit hole of lies, delusions, and untold truths.

She looked down at the brick that sat on her dresser. She began to breathe heavily as she remembered the voice that told her that Michelle would've been so much happier with him.

The brick would be left behind. She wanted Michelle gone, she in fact, wanted Michelle dead, but the mess that came with the brick would've put it in perspective that she had actually given her best friend the death she didn't deserve.

Jennifer, from years prior, had been far gone. It was too late to save her. Michelle couldn't do anything to save her and neither could Wally. No one could stop Jennifer from walking into school that morning and killing Michelle Richards, not even herself.

She looked up from the brick and looked back at herself in the mirror. The repeated conversations played in her head like a broken record.

Jennifer soon felt hot tears rolling down her her face as she tried to smile. Somewhere, deep within, she didn't want to hurt Michelle. She really didn't and she knew that if anyone had actually seen her side of the story, they would know that.

Jennifer's tears cascaded down her face as she was finally able to express her signature smile. She began to breathe heavily. She was going to kill her best friend today.

She wiped her face and grabbed her backpack from the floor and left her room. Her head held down to stop the questions her parents, Deborah and John, along with her eldest sister, Jane, may ask.

Jennifer had never hurt anyone in the way she would Michelle in a few hours. She'd never had the thought until last year.

She walked to school that day. She was finally able to hold her head up high and walk into the school building like it was another normal day.

People had always liked Jennifer. She had such a beautiful smile and people made sure that she knew it.

She would pass people daily who would date her in a heartbeat, but she would reject and reject and reject. She wanted Wally Clark and today would be the day she would get him.

Jennifer made her way towards her locker. She stood there for a moment and with her head staring inside without much thought... the only thought was murder on her mind.

She slowly opened her eyes as she felt someone watching her. She turned to look over and it was a boy with dirty blond hair. He only gave Jennifer a small smile and made his way towards the gym.

Jennifer turned her head once more and saw Michelle and Wally enter the school building. Their hands laced together as smiles spread across their faces.

They had been dating for two almost three years at this point and happier than ever. Wally had bought Michelle the gold necklace, they said their "I love you", they had the world in their hands and it was each other.

Jennifer looked away and back into her locker. It was cemented. No more back and forth, no more doubt.

Michelle Richards was going to fucking die.

Jennifer looked back at the couple once more. Seeing them kiss each other goodbye as Wally made his way towards his friends on the football team. And Michelle? To her best friend, Jennifer Daniels.

Jennifer shut her locker, pressing her lips together and turning her body fully towards Michelle. She sent Michelle a smile and the girl was quick to return it.

"My grandma said you came over yesterday." Michelle said, "I was with Wally until midnight. I'm sorry."

She was lucky that she wasn't home because Jennifer was going to kill her then and there. She was going to be in the act of "best friend spending the night" but she hadn't expected Michelle's mother, Diana, to be home.

She was never home, never really there for Michelle. She was always out. Sometimes Michelle would beg for her mother to come to her art shows, beg her to pick her up from school. She never had. She never had that relationship with her, but she had it with her grandmother, Beverly.

Beverly, Wally, and Jennifer were Michelle's lifelines. Those people saved Michelle from what had killed her spirit so long ago and brought her back to life.

"Don't worry about it." Jennifer smiled, "I was only coming over to watch a movie."

Michelle returned the smile, "Come over tonight. My grandma said The Parent Trap was coming on."

Jennifer shut her eyes, "I can't. I have cheer practice."

"Tomorrow?"

"I'll try."

Michelle was always smiling, she never let it fall from her face. She tugged on Jennifer's arms, "Come on, gym waits for no one and you know how Coach Parr is when someone is late."

Michelle only made jokes as they made their way to the gym and the closer they got, the more surreal it became. Jennifer was going to kill her.

They entered the girls locker room and began changing into their gym clothes. Michelle sat on the bench, tying her shoes when she looked up at Jennifer. She was slowly moving things around when she finally slipped her shirt over her body.

"Are you okay?" Michelle asked.

Jennifer didn't turn. She adjusted her ponytail and sighed, "Yeah. Come on, we know how Coach Parr is."

And gym class went by normally, expect when Coach Parr had called some of the football players into the gym to help set up for the event that would held tonight.

It was for the students in the art department and it would be Michelle's time to shine. Her grandmother had finally convinced her mother to come to the show where her art would've been displayed.

Some of the football players came into the gym and one of them just so happened to be Wally himself.

The girls were playing volleyball for an easy A and Jennifer's eyes locked with Wally, but he only saw Michelle.

Michelle hit the volleyball over the net and the presence of Wally hadn't crossed her mind until he jogged over and grabbed the girl by her waist.

Jennifer grabbed the volleyball and passed it off to someone else. She left the gym and made her way back into the locker room.

The same boy from before watched Jennifer enter the locker room, only for her to return after placing the fire extinguisher close to her locker.

And it wasn't even Michelle that had made any PDA romances towards Wally. Wally was always the one to initiate it. It had always been Wally.

Gym soon ended and Michelle and Jennifer were the only two left inside.

Michelle looked over at Jennifer with a sad smile, "Are you sure that you're okay?"

Jennifer sighed and slammed her locker shut, causing Michelle to jerk back slightly.

"I'm fucking fine, Michelle."

Michelle only nodded and rummaged through her gym locker pretending to look for something.

Jennifer had never spoke to the girl that way in her life.

That's when Jennifer asked for the perfume and Jennifer would hit the girl with the fire extinguisher and when Michelle hadn't die on the spot, Jennifer turned the girl around. The two of them fought and Michelle's pleas fell upon deaf ears.

Jennifer placed her hands around Michelle's neck and held her grip as tightly as she could. She felt Michelle's life fall apart in 15 minutes and she continue to sit on the girl, choking her until she felt tired and too weak to continue.

Michelle hadn't moved and Jennifer sat there. Tears pricking her eyes. She wiped her face and continued to examine Michelle's face.

Jennifer began heavily breathing and stood to her feet. She switched her clothes and began to leave the gym. She glanced back once more and left her best friend dead in the girls' locker room.

Except, when she left, the fire extinguisher was moved and Michelle's body was turned.

A new body sitting on top of her dead one and cupping her cheek. His thumb caressing the side of her face.

He soon stood and held the fire extinguisher high in the air and once again bashed against the back of Michelle's head.

He wanted to make sure that Michelle was dead. He wanted Michelle and he finally got her.

Jennifer hadn't acted alone. Jennifer hadn't come up with the plan alone. Jennifer needed help and she got it from someone who wanted Michelle for his own.

MICHELLE BEGAN gasping for air as she shot up from her sleep. She had never, ever dreamed about her death until now. Seeing something that she hadn't seen before. She was scared, was it even real? It felt real.

She continued to huff and gasp as tears suddenly fell down her face.

Wally turned over, his eyes fluttering open. He suddenly sat upright when he noticed Michelle sitting up herself.

"Hey, hey." He quietly spoke, "I'm right here."

Wally reached out and pulled Michelle into a comforting embrace, feeling her trembling body against his. He gently stroked her hair and whispered soothing words in her ear, trying to calm her down.

He had never, ever seen her this way. It scared him.

Michelle didn't have a choice in the matter. But why would she? It would only be the death of her.

The silence between them was deafening as they both lay there, clinging to each other, lost in their own thoughts and fears.

— lucy has something to say !!

well there you go

i wrote this idea in several different way which i'll share once the story is completed :)

to make it clear: jennifer wanted to kill michelle she wasn't possessed/janet had nothing to do with it. it was all jennifer.

one chapter left

bye :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 233 17
(school spirits) sierra robertson had always been quiet ever since she got to the split river high afterlife support group. she never thought that a...
25K 865 19
⚠ CONTENT WARNINGS ⚠ Abuse Assault Kidnapping Violence Blood Manipulation Forced relationship Stalking Themes of rape Murder Do not read this story i...
3.4K 131 19
Charley and I are crossing the basketball court to join today's meeting when the realization hits me: There aren't two open chairs for us. There's ju...
60.3K 1.3K 74
A Hosie story This is not well written it gets better along the way but don't expect anything amazing TW: SELFHARM, SUCIDAL THOUGHTS, DEPRESSION Plea...