ONE. our final goodbye will lead to a thousand hellos

HIGH SCHOOL was always a pain in the ass

HIGH SCHOOL was always a pain in the ass. School work, after school activities, whatever else teenagers decided they wanted to partake in that year.

It was no different for Michelle Richards. She wasn't as active as many of her peers, but she did what she wanted to do and that's what mattered to her and her boyfriend.

Michelle and Wally Clark began dating their freshman year and dated all three years of their high school experience. They were a match made in heaven.

Until it was taken away from them. From Wally.

Michelle and her best friend Jennifer Daniels had known each other since they were five years old. Always laughing, goofing off, and just... being able to be themselves with each other. That's what Michelle thought.

She never saw a bad bone in Jennifer's body. She had known the girl the majority of her life and would have never thought that she'd be the reason she lied dead in the girl's locker room.

Jennifer's jealousy had always gotten the best of her and this time she let it thrive as she took her hands and wrapped them around Michelle's throat.

All because of Wally Clark.

Jennifer was the "it girl" when they were younger. She was popular, the head cheerleader. Everything and more. Everything Michelle wasn't.

So why did Wally pick her out of every girl at their school? Why Michelle?

Was it because Michelle was taller than average? Was it because she was this girl who put on a shy persona that made her adorable? What the fuck was it that made Wally Clark fall for Michelle Richards and not Jennifer Daniels?

Jennifer was sick and tired of seeing the two be together in the hallways. Holding hands, him kissing her cheek goodbye as they separated to their classes. She was sick of Michelle.

So, after gym class, when everyone was changing back into their school clothes, Jennifer decided that she'd had enough. That she was going to finally get rid of Michelle.

"Michelle?" Jennifer called.

Michelle peaked over and smiled, "Yeah?"

"Do you have that perfume you always use?" She asked, "It smells like heaven and I'm dying to use it."