𝗢𝗟𝗗! 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄...

By -rxckstar

★。\|/。★ 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ★。/|\。★ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝐿𝑂𝑉𝐸 𝐼𝑆 𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑁�... More

𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 !!

𝐓𝐖𝐎

250 9 84
By -rxckstar

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 ↻ • ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑠 𝑖 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡! 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑑. 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑙𝑙!

𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬 ⇘ : : [ bluexrxse ]
𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 ·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘺𝘴

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The sun lit up in the sky perfectly, despite half of it being covered by the perfectly white clouds. Not a single grey cloud in sight. Not a single drop of rain. Everything seemed perfect. And honestly? It was.

---

[ November 27th, 2000 ]

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The alarm from my clock rang through my bedroom, it's echo murdering my ears.

I flung my arm out of the comfort my duvet to shut off the hellish sound. Before I sat up, I hesitated and stared at the blank ceiling for a minute or so. 

When I finally got up, I wandered over to my wardrobe where the door had been covered with posters, and pulled the handle to open it. I slowly pulled out the uniform, having a look at it for good for the first time.

A grey jumper, a simple, plain white button-up polo shirt, and some plain black trousers. The tie was pretty simple, too, just stripes of red, white and blue.

Pretty fucking alright, considering my Primary uniform was a green cardigan or jumper, a yellow polo-shirt and just either a grey skirt or black pants. That's Manchester for you.

I glanced at my alarm clock. Shit!

06:30 A.M.

I have to take a Train that leaves in fifteen minutes.

I quickly rushed getting dressed, still making sure I was 'neat', with no creases or anything in the uniform.

Once I was dressed, I slipped on my shoes and ran down the stairs, grabbing my bag and speed-walking through the open kitchen door to grab my lunch; A chicken wrap with Monster Munch.

"Right, I need to head off, Mum.. I'll see you after school. I'm going to be late."

"Oh, no worries hun. I'll see you after school! Have fun, make some friends!"

"I'll try my best. C'ya!" I grabbed my phone off of the table and ran out the door, before calmly walking to the train station; it's only a minute walk.

I plugged in my earphones to my iPod and shoved the iPod in my trouser pocket as I kept walking.

---

Finally reaching the station, I had just made it as the train doors opened. I saw a few others jump on the train wearing the same uniform. This is going to be great~.

I found a spare seat and decided to sit down, as I pulled out my phone and began playing Snake, attempting to reach a new high-score. I had to beat my current score of 21,037.

I kept my earphones plugged into my iPod, shuffling through the Queen albums I had. Once I found a song I liked and felt like listening to, I left the 'next' button alone.

---

A few minutes passed by before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I removed the earphone from my right ear and looked up, seeing a young boy, roughly fourteen. His hair was cut short, yet he was (as some would consider tall) approximately 5'9.

"You playin' Snake?" He asked, his accent rather obvious.

"Uh, yeah..? Why?"

"What's your high-score?"

I looked back down. The bastard made me die.

"Eh, twenty-one thousand and thirty-seven. You play Snake?"

"I feel as if I'd be living under a rock if I didn't."

"What's your.. high-score?"

"Twenty thousand, eight hundred and seventy-one."

"That's good."

"Not as good as you. May I?" He motioned to the vacant seat beside me.

I was so focused on his facial features and what he was saying, I was yet to acknowledge what he was wearing. He was wearing Stocksbridge High School uniform, too.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

He took a seat. "You new at Stocksbridge?" He glanced at the uniform.

"Ah, yeah.. It's my first day today."

"..You're not from 'round 'ere, are you?" He asked. "You don't sound... Sheffield-ish."

"Oh, I only moved to Sheffield on Friday."

"So, tell me, where are you from?" He seemed quite interested; nobody had ever been interested in information about me before.

"Eh, I'm from Manchester."

"Manchester? You don't have a Mancunian accent."

"Not everyone does, believe it or not."

He laughed.

"What?"

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Yeah... I mean, I didn't live in central Manchester, which is where all the Mancs are, really."

"Oh, right, sorry." He itched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Nah, it's fine," I responded, "Excuse me for a moment," I stood up, leaving my bag there so he'd know I'd come back, and headed to the toilets.

---

Upon my return back to my seat, I noticed the boy I was talking to was now talking to someone else. I went back to my seat calmly and sat down.

"Ah, I never got your name..?" The boy asked, turning his attention to me when he noticed I had sat down.

"Oh, uh, Y/n. Y/n L/n." I smiled, "I never got yours, either..."

"Matt Helders." He smiled back, "I think we might share a few classes. Oh, and this is Andy." He gestured to the bloke stood next to him.

"Andy Nicholson." The other boy smiled and held his hand out.

I took his offer and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you both."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Y/n."

"Hey, so we've still got a while on the damn train, want to talk about Snake?" Matt cringed at his question.

"Sure, it sounds fun." I replied.

"I guess, yeah." Andy replied.

"Alrighty, oh, Andy, what's your high-score?"

"Uh, nineteen thousand, nine hundred and eighty-three. You?"

"Twenty thousand, eight hundred and seventy-one."

Andy then turned to look at me, as if he was wondering my score.

"Oh, fuckin' hell, Andy, she's a pro."

"What is it?" Andy tilted his head.

"Twenty-one thousand, and thirty-seven." I proudly stated.

"What the fuck?!"

"I'm just a big nerd in Snake, that's all, Andy." I chuckled.

"No, a Nerd is knowing what Snake is coded in." Andy gestured to Matt,

"What! It's good knowing it's coded in HTML.."

"..and JavaScript." I added, noticing Matt was failing to remember it.

Andy snickered and rolled his eyes back as he already seemed fed up of our nerdiness. He seemed to wander off, sitting elsewhere.

---

Talking to Matt made a fifty minute trip feel only five minutes long.

"What form are you in?"

"Uh, well I'm not sure.. I know my form room, though. It's Room 132."

"Oh, fuck yeah!" He celebrated.

I looked at him, my face full of confusion.

"You're in my form, and I have a spare seat next to me. I sit next to my mates as well. I could introduce you to them! I'm sure they'll like you."

"Oh, cool, yeah.. thanks."

"You alright?"

"Yeah, it's just... with it being my first day n' all, I feel weird."

"Ah, I understand." He placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "If you want I can hang out with you at break and lunch so you're not, eh, lonely?"

"No, I don't want to interfere with you and your other friends, Matt, I-"

"Then join us, I'm sure they'll love you. Anyways, c'mon, form starts in twenty minutes."

I exhaled deeply before agreeing.

---

We were outside the school. My lord, it was huge. It was sectioned off into different buildings, with the main building being a two-storey brick building, which Matt claimed it held the languages, Drama, Mathematics, Art, Science and Photography classrooms. He mentioned there was a seperate building which was all the English classrooms which joined up to a new building which had the four Geography rooms, two Mathematics classrooms and two more English rooms. He also mentioned that the Food Technology classroom was in that block as well.

It was most certainly safe to say the school premisis was extremely large.

As we walked through the allocated iron gates for the year group, I already felt peoples eyes piercing into the back of my head.

"C'mon, room 132 is this way." Matt was a footstep or two in front of me, so I followed him. He had obviously been here longer than me, of course, so there's that reason on why I was following him like a lost puppy, too.

---

The sun was still shining, with a few plain, white clouds speckled across the light blue sky. It was nice weather, for once. No rain, no moody weather, or anything in sight from above.

The corridors seemed unusually empty, there was no rampage of kids.

"Is it usually this quiet between lessons?" I asked, looking up at Matt.

"Oh, no, haha.. Everyone just gets to form either early or late."

"Are we late?"

"Nah, we're early. The form tutor is usually here now, let me check~." He peeped his head into the classroom. "Oh, hi, sir!" He smiled. "C'mon, Y/n." He looked back at me.

I had to mentally prepare myself before stepping into the silent, empty classroom.

"Oh, whose this with you Matt?"

"Ah, uh, this is Y/n, sir, Y/n L/n."

"Hi, I'm, uh, new... here..." I waved slightly.

"Ah, pleasure to finally be able to meet you Y/n." The teacher smiled, "I'm Mr. Sunderland. I'll be your Form Tutor and I'm also a Music Teacher."

"You're a Music Teacher? No way! That's cool! I always love the Music Teachers."

Mr. Sunderland held his hand to his heart, as if that had just warmed his. "You guys may take a seat, Y/n you'll be seated next to Matt, since has a spare chair next to him. Ah, and Matt, might want to text Jamie and Alex, they've been here lookin' for you." The teacher stated.

"Fuckin' hell," Matt whispered, pulling out his phone and instantly texting somebody, "They're early."

"Ay~, is that Matty that I see?" A voice boomed from the open door.

I looked up, seeing a brunette, whose hair seemed extremely flat against his head, roughly 5'8, stood in the plain doorframe.

Matt looked up, before smiling. "Nick!" He threw his arms in the air.

"Oh-" Nick paused, looking at me. "Hi! I'm Nick O'Malley.. eh, you are?"

"I'm Y/n L/n.. I'm new here..."

"You from Manchester?"

My eyes widened, "How'd you know?"

"You just have that sorta... vibe... I guess."

I nodded.

"Well, I'm guessing you live nearby?" He asked, sitting in the seat of the desk in front and turning around to face me.

"Oh, well, not really.. I moved to High Green on Friday.."

"No fuckin' way! I live in High Green, too. So does Matt, and the others."

I felt a gently subtle nudge in my elbow, as I glanced over to Matt. He nodded, as if saying 'I told you so'.

I smiled, focusing fully on Nick again. "That's so cool! At least I know some people around there now, aha."

"Odd question, do you like Music?"

"Oh, don't get me started. I adore it. So much. I can play some instruments, actually."

"Oh, fucking hell! What do you play?"

"I can play Guitar, Drums, and eh, Violin."

"Violin?!" Matt exclaimed, "They're well 'ard to play! Jesus fuckin' Christ!"

"Do you guys play any instruments?"

"Yeah, I play Bass Guitar and Electric Guitar." Jamie smiled whilst talking.

"I'm currently learning the Drums, and eh, yeah."

"You guys seem so cool."

"Yeah, but if you tell Alex what you play, we might lose our 'coolness'," Nick laughed. "So, basically, you'd be his favourite. He's been writing this song and wanted violin in it, but he can't play it himself no matter how 'ard he tries."

"Oh."

"Speaking about Alex, have you seen either him or Jamie, Nick?"

"Yeah, I saw them both actually a few minutes ago."

"Speaking of the Devils," Matt forced a cough before clearly kicking Nick's ankle underneath the table.

"Ow! What was that f- Jamie! Alex!"

"Ay, Nick!"

If I thought Nick's hair was flat against his head, then this boy's hair must be a part of his skin- that isn't rude, is it?

The other boy, who had just entered the classroom, instantly looked at me with his piercing brown eyes. The best I can do to describe his look is say he looks like one of the Gallagher Brothers from Oasis. Which, isn't a full complaint. I'd say, it's more like a compliment than a complaint.

"Whose she?" I heard the Gallagher look-a-like whisper to Matt.

"Al, introduce yourself then you'll find out," Matt whispered back.

"Eh, uh, well-" The boy took a deep breath. "I'm Turner, Alex Turner. Y-.. You are?"

"Oh, uh, I'm Y/n. Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you, Alex." I smiled at him warmingly.

He hesitated, but he smiled back. His smile seemed to be the best feature on his face, as it made him seem more kinder and less... well, intimidating.

"I'm Jamie." The other boy introduced himself.

"Ah, I feel like your name is familiar."

"I dunno."

"Do you know somebody called Amelia Clarke?"

"She used to go to my Primary, yeah.."

"She moved to Manchester, I met her last year. She mentioned you, I think. Well, she turned out to be a bit of a bitch, so..."

Other people were piling into the room now, so Nick and Jamie had to move to their actual seats.

We were all sat on the back row, with the seating being (from left to right) me, Matt, Alex, Nick, Jamie.

I remained quiet as the others talked amongst themselves. That was, 'til Matt turned to me.

"Hey, so," He whispered, "I told you the gang would like you."

"Damn, I know." I sighed.

"They'd like it if you could hang out with us today? Basically, we're offering you a free trial to join the friend group." He laughed slightly at his wording of 'free trial'.

"Oh, sure.. I doubt anyone else would talk to me anyways.."

"Awesome. If you want to properly join the friend group, let me know. We just don't want to let you be in the group then you find out either you aren't comfortable with it or that you actually highly dislike us. We won't blame you, well, I won't anyways."

"Aha, thanks, Matt."

"No worries."

"Right, everyone, please stay quiet for the register!" Mr. Sunderland announced.

Today can either go extremly shit, and I lose potential friends because of dumbness, or it can go extremely well, where I make four new friends, and I actually manage to enjoy school.

Well, time to find out.

↳ ❝   2463 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 ¡! ❞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 678 19
𝚆𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚝�...
140K 3.4K 97
𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘰𝘣 𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘺𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘰𝘧 𝘩�...
7.1K 259 24
𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗... 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒...
21.6K 719 65
𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 ───── ⊹₊⋆ ⟢ 𝘈𝘴𝘩𝘭𝘺𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘵�...