↞𝙳𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚂�...

By XTheHighGroundX

↠♥♡♥↞ 𝙸𝚛𝚒𝚜 𝚂𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝙹𝚊𝚔𝚎 �... More

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ೃ⁀➷
𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 ೃ⁀➷
𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ೃ⁀➷
↞𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎↠
↞𝚂𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎↠
↞𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚋↠
↞𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎↠
↞𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎↠
↞𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚝↠
↞𝚁𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝↠
↞𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎↠
↞𝙰 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛↠
↞𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐↠
↞𝙰𝚍𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐↠
↞𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗 𝙵𝚊𝚜𝚝↠
↞𝙵𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝙱𝚘𝚢↠
↞Author's Note↠
↞𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜↠
𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐮𝐧 ೃ⁀➷

↞𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚔𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚊 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚗↠

3.4K 68 14
By XTheHighGroundX

↠♥♡♥↞

↠♥♡♥↞

𝙸𝚛𝚒𝚜 took one last solemn look at the forest as they grew farther away from the land, the forest, their home. She sucked in a breath and drew her gaze away. Her pale cheeks were stained with tear marks, she had cried for a while.

She didn't want to look back. No matter how much she longed to take one last glance, she couldn't. Her heart was breaking. She tried to distract herself, she looked down at the brilliant blue she was flying over. It was dark, mysterious and somehow it felt safe.

↠♥♡♥↞

𝚃𝚑𝚎 journey was a long one. Iris' head ached due to Tuk's constant 'Are we there yet?' or  'When are we gonna be there, Mom?'

She closed her eyes, the salty breeze entered her lungs leaving a bitter yet nice taste in her mouth. She then opened them again to find the murky, blue now had an ombre effect, turning into a clear turquoise.

She gripped onto Adira, relief washed over her knowing they would soon be on land. The tension she had been holding on to eased, and she started to relax and enjoy the view.

↠♥♡♥↞

𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 few moments later and land starts to come into view. The family were starting to get tired of the journey, their legs ached and hearts were heavy, they needed rest.

Iris yawned and looked down to see a beautiful village. The people started jumping in the water frantically at the sight of these flying Na'vi. Iris hoped this went well.

Weird Ikran like creatures swam through the water and the villagers huts had rubbery-looking flooring and roofs built into the roots of a massive tree. There were boats and people swimming everywhere, very different to the Sully family's home.

Loud horns sounded as the Ikrans started to get ready to land, swooping around the village. There was a sandy patch of sand that they landed on. Iris felt guilty and awkward as she watched the village children run to their Mothers in fear of them.

They all hopped off their ikrans as Jake released a nervous breath. The clans people jogged in a crowd towards them. Unlike the Sullys , who had beautiful dark blue skin tones, thin arms and slim tails, these Na'vi were a turquoise race, like the water surrounding them, with wider arms and a big fish like tails.

Her Father walked towards the strange Na'vi with open arms. Iris found this embarrassing as hell and by the look on Kiri's face she knew she wasn't the only one. 

She swallowed as she was given judging looks by the people now forming a circle around them. Out of nervousness Iris slowly trailed a hand down to her hip where her knife was, which her Mother noticed.

"Be nice." she warned not only to her daughter but all her children too.

Iris stood between her two brothers as spears were now drawn by the other clan's people, who seemed just as curious as them. Three boys pushed through the crowd, eyeballing them suspiciously. They looked much stronger than the forest Na'vi and that intimidated Iris a bit but one thing Iris had learnt a long time ago was, whatever you do don't let them know you're scared.

Iris inspected the three. One seemed about her age maybe a little bit younger, the other taller one was perhaps Neteyam's age. Then she turned to the other boy. Her heart skipped a beat. Her mind went blank and her jaw dropped slightly as the third of the trio stared at her.

He was stunning. He was the most beautiful boy she had ever seen. He had gorgeous fluffy hair and eyes so blue she could see her own reflection in them.

She quickly snapped out of her trance though, realising what she was doing. No. She told herself as she denied the fact she thought he was handsome, You don't even know him she thought

Her along with her brothers greeted the boys politely but they didn't respond in the same way which stunned the siblings a bit. Instead they circled them and began to snicker which soon turned into laughter. Iris began to feel uneasy.

"Look!" the smaller boy cackled and pointed at their long feline-like tails.

"Is that supposed to be a tail?" the older looking one laughed and pointed. Then unexpectedly he reached out and tugged on Iris' tail making her flinch. She was going to turn around and hit him but if they wanted a place to stay she had to be on best behavior, yet she still made a devious comeback, "You can't say much can you fish tail?"

She could feel her parents' hot glare on her but she wasn't going to let some sea creatures pick on them and grab her tail. They needed to be taught some manners.

"It's so small!" the younger boy laughed brushing off the comment from Iris, "How are they supposed to swim?"

Suddenly a girl with long dark curls appeared from the water. She was so pretty and by the look on Lo'ak's face Iris knew she wasn't the only one thinking this.

The girl gracefully glided towards them, then she turned to the smaller boy and scolded him, "Enough, Roxto." They siblings were glad to see someone had taken liking to them.

"Hey." Lo'ak chirped up talking to the young girl. Iris had to resist the urge to facepalm from second hand embarrassment. 

Then the man who Iris assumed was the cheif, Tonowari, came forward to greet their Father closely followed by a rather annoyed looking pregnant woman. Iris caught her Mother's gaze and new something was about to go wrong.

"I see you, Ronal." Jake gestured creating a chain reaction from the family. Jake was nervous, he was praying to Eywa this went well enough for them to stay.

"Why do you come to us?" Tonowari asked Jake, his voice was a lot deeper than the Father of the Sullys.

Jake breathed to steady his nerves, "We seek home."

"We are reef people, you are forest people. Your skills mean nothing to us here." Tonowari responded. Though he came off as aggressive, he seemed to be a good ruler and a kind, fair man.

Ronal began to circle the family. Iris could feel the woman pushing Ney'tiri to her limit. She knew this was about to get messy.

"We will learn your ways, am I right?" Jake asked Ney'tiri as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her forward, which she did not approve of him doing.

"Their arms are thin!" Ronal swiftly grabbed Tuk's arm and held it in the air. She was testing them. The pregnant Na'vi then grabbed Kiri's tail, "Their tails are weak, they will be slow in the water!"  

'Grabbing tails must be a thing here', Iris thought to herself bitterly.

Then Ronal lunged towards Iris and Lo'ak gripped onto their arms and held them up, "These children are not true Na'vi! They have demon blood!" She screeched making the crowd gasp. Iris' eyes fell to the floor in shame 'great now we have a reputation for ourselves' she thought.

Jake noticed his daughter's reaction and his ears drooped slightly. It really upset him to see her in this state, normally she'd never feel ashamed of her hands, "Hey, Hey! Look! I was born with the Sky People and now I am Na'vi! Explain that, we will adapt!" he defended his family and took the attention of his children.

↠♥♡♥↞

𝙸𝚝 took some time, effort and an argument between the Mother's but now the Sullys were on their way to their new hut after being accepted by the Metkayina clan. Iris stood close to Kiri as the two spoke a bit. The sisters hadn't talk too much after what Iris said a week or so ago.

Gosh, it was weird for Iris to think that only a week ago she had no care in the world...never expected she'd never see her clan ever again. At that thought a lump formed in her throat. A prickle shot at the top of her lower eyelids.

'No, we won't cry. We are strong.' she told herself silently.

They soon enough reached their hut. It was quaint and cosy, with a beautiful view of the ocean. They thanked the girl (which they learnt was called Tsireya) for the tour of the village, and then entered. It was empty apart from a few hammocks but that could all be changed once they settled in.

Iris flung her and Tuk's bags of belongings onto the floor, "Gosh Tuk, what have you packed?" she complained as she shook her hands to stop the cramp that had grown in them.

Ney'tiri dropped her bags down aggressively, Iris knew all her Mother wanted was to go home.

"Family Meeting guys." Jake called in an overly cheerful tone.

Iris groaned, along with Kiri who rolled her eyes. The sisters' attitude matched perfectly.

The siblings all slumped down in a circle with their Mother and Father in the centre of their new home.

"I need you kids on best behavior." He warned, "Learn fast, pull your weight." He turned to Kiri who had her head on her younger sister's shoulder, "No getting lost," he turned to Lo'ak and Iris, "No trouble," he then looked at Iris, Lo'ak and Neteyam altogether, "And no fighting."

Neteyam unlike the other three laughed at the fact his Father was naming what they were all best at.

"What about me, Dad?" Tuk asked obviously feeling left out.

"Uhm," Jake had to think of something fast, "No being dragged around Tuk."

Kiri spoke up, "They won't ever accept us Dad." she snuggled up closer to Iris gripping onto the blanket around her shoulders tightly.

"Make them accept you." Ney'tiri made a clicking sound as their father spoke to his children. He knew what they were talking about, Ronal was a bitch for bringing that up earlier, "What does your Father always say?"

"Sullys stick together..." the children mubbled in unison. They were tired and fed up.

Jake gave a lopsided smile and held his hands in the air, "That's right now with a little more enthusiasm!" he was trying his hardest here.

"Sullys stick together!" The words came out more sarcastic than acctually happy but that was good enough for Jake.

↠♥♡♥↞

𝚃𝚑𝚎 family began to get ready to sleep now. They were fatigued from the amount of crying and flying they had done.

Iris put on a leafy set of clothing and slumped down onto one of the hammocks. She yawned whilst brushing her fine black locks. Her muscles ached.

Kiri sighed whilst holding Tuk's head on her lap. Her younger sister noticed, she didn't want to worry Iris but it was bit too late now.

"What's the matter?" Iris asked her brows furrowed and a concerned expression on her face. The shocking thing was it seemed very genuine. Iris normally masked her worry well, with sarcasm.

"Well what do you think?" Kiri snapped. Iris looked hurt, she didn't mean to snap but she was just so stressed and upset, what if the Metkayina people never accepted them? "I didn't mean to snap..." Kiri began apologising whilst stroking Tuk's hair, "I'm just worried. They may never accept us."

Iris' ears flopped a little, somehow she already knew that but she hadn't properly taken it into consideration. She tried putting on a brave face as the youngest Sully looked up at her two older sisters now worried.

"Wait...they don't like us? They won't ever like us?" Tuk asked the pair in a small voice.

"No!" Iris put on a fake smile and waved her hand in front of her to say 'as if', "Like Dad said, make them like us! And who wouldn't love you Tuk?"

Their little sister giggled and ran over to her brothers who were on the other side of the hut.

Iris' smile dropped. She then turned to Kiri with a frown, "But how?" she looked solemnly at her sister's confused, sad eyes, "How do we make them like us?"

↠♥♡♥↞

HI GUYS!

Okay, I'm SO, SO, SO sorry for not updating for like 3 weeks but I've been crazy busy getting back to school after Easter break and stuff.

I also went through, like an author's block? I guess you could call it that. I basically have been a lazy little gremlin and had 0 motivation.

So yeah for the past few days I've been working on this super long chapter to make up for being dead lol!

So yeahhh!

Also Iris' outfit on the image at the top is going to be included in the next chapter, it's a gift from Tsireya!

Oh and I hope your excited for Iris' new love interest too, I wanted to add a bit of spice! So yeah I'm still thinking of a name for him thoo! x

That's it for now!

Love ya'll byeee! xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 110 9
"ɴᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ. ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ! ᴏᴋᴀʏ? ɪ'ᴍ ᴀɴ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀꜱᴛ!" - "ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ! ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ? ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ...
23.7K 789 32
❝ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ, ꜱᴛᴀʀʙᴏʏ.❞ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʏᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴠᴀᴛᴀʀ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇꜰɪᴇʟᴅ. This story is under serious construction- so ignore the little...
81.2K 1.6K 27
"𝑜𝑒𝑙 𝑛𝑔𝑎𝑡𝑖 𝑘𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑖𝑒 𝑥𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑎" 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔. "𝑜𝑒𝑙 �...
56.3K 2.2K 13
𝙰𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙰𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙰𝚈 𝙾𝙵 𝚆𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚇 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁 。 。 。 「ᴘᴀɴᴅᴏʀᴀ ɪs ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴜɢʟʏ sɪᴅᴇs」 ...