H.E.R. |d.e

By Maliyahwrites

Having everything revealed More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII

XIII

1.3K 97 50
By Maliyahwrites

With the wind blowing through the cracked windows Sade hummed to herself lowly folding the basket of clean clothes while she had a pot of cabbage cooking down on the stove. At the sight of Mama B holding on to the staircase with a tight grip as she walked down them Sade sat the basket down rushing to her side. "You're supposed to be resting"

Mama B waved her off bringing her hand to her mouth as she let out a nasty cough "I'll rest when I'm long and gone chile"

"You just had chemo, you need to be in bed. I'll bring you a plate when the food is ready"

"I don't want to sleep, I wanna hear about your trip to Italy"

Sade grabbed her hand clasping it in hers guiding her to take a seat "I had a lot of fun, it's so beautiful there"

"The land of love I hear"

"Yeah, that's what they say"

"Well?" Mama B pried

Sade eyes widened "Oh no, it's too early for that don't you think?"

"Love is timeless dear. You can't help how you feel and when you feel it. I got married after three weeks

Sade chuckled "Really? How'd you know he was the one that quick"

Mama B smiled as she thought back to her late husband "You just know."

"So like love at first sight?" Sade gushed at the rare romance

"Maybe second sight" Mama B laughed since the first time she laid eyes on him she told him off

" Well we aren't there yet. I like him, I do. But I think I've pushed him away" Sade admitted

"Because of that old boy?"

Sade sighed deeply " I don't mean too, I just push my trauma on him and ruin every good moment. I like him, I'm just scared"

Mama B gave her a tight lipped small patting her hand "Baby that boy has taken enough from you, don't let this be one of them."

Sade gave her a tight smile wishing it was as easy as she made it sound "But how?"

"Easy. Go in with no expectations so you won't be disappointed and be open allow yourself to feel. Now go check on them biscuit's before you burn them"

Sade took in the advice laughing lightly as she walked to the oven pulling the tray of biscuits out ready to butter them up with the homemade butter glaze she prepared "I'm not going to burn them mama"

Hearing the front door slam shut as an upset Kingston headed straight towards the stairs ignoring both women who eyed him closely "King! Get in here"

Smacking his teeth loudly he made his way back towards them pulling on his hoodie "Yeah man"

Sade shook her head as she tried to stay quiet letting Mama B be the one to rip into him "Where you been boy?"

"Why it matter."

"It's why does it matter smart ass and because I asked you a question"

Looking off to the side indicating just how much he didn't care to hear anything coming from his grandmother "I was out hustling"

Mama B stood up using the table for support she grabbed Kingston's face revealing his black eye "This what you call hustling"

"King!" Sade said in shock once she got a glimpse

"It don't even hurt ight? I'm good"

"You're good? Look at your face!" Sade exclaimed grabbing an ice pack at the sight of her extending it to his face he pushed her hand away

"Look you ain't my mama and I said I'm fine. Granny imma go get cleaned up"

"I don't know what I'm going to do with that damn boy. He'll probably be dead before me" Mama B vented

"He just needs some guidance" Sade tried to give some hope but she too knew at the route he was going she wasn't far fetched

"He needs a father and I can't be that for him" She responded bringing the tissue to her face as she coughed repeatedly. After plating the food nicely Sade sat the plate down making sure to sit the glass of fresh lemonade beside it "Thank you baby"

"You know it's nothing. I was thinking maybe we try getting him involved in sports, something to keep him out of trouble."

"I'm barley making it working at the market we don't have the extra cash."

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry"

Mama b smiled at her being optimistic "You just make sure you take that man a plate"

"He's at work right now." Sade informed her thinking about the last message Kairo had texted her

"Even better. Pop up on him"  She responded shrugging her shoulders

Sade laughed loudly "You don't think that's crazy?"

"No. First step take intuitive" With a glance at her watch she continued "It's about lunch time too"

"Maybe another day. I still need to do the dishes and are you sure your okay?"

Mama b waved her off "Chile Kingston ass will do them and I'm fine. Stop making excuses and put some food in a tupperware and get"

"Fine. But I will call to check in" Sade pointed out as she did what was told, It didn't take long for her to complete the task. Helping Mama b to the living room Sade covered her with a nearby throw blanket "Are you comfortable? Need anything else?"

"Yeah for you to stop being so worrisome"

"Okay I'm leaving." Sade sighed knowing she was only procrastinating. Making sure to lock up behind her Sade got into her car typing the name of his business in the gps since she's never been. The drive was nerve wracking for her as she didn't know what his reaction to seeing her would be, arriving in the matter of fifteen minutes Sade noticed his truck and parked right bedside him, she sat there for a while trying to work up the courage.

Exting her vehicle she ran her hand down her pants grabbing the food and her purse, her eyes widened at the sight of the luxury jewreky store as her free hand pulled the door open "Good afternoon welcome to The Velvet Box. Do you have an appointment?" Suzzie the receptionist greeted

"Hi. Umm no I don't actually, is Kairo here by chance?"

"I'm sorry and you are?"

"I'm Sade, a friend of his"  Sade answered hesitantly not sure how she should introduce herself

Susie eyed the woman before her before nodding slightly pointing to where Sade could wait "Sure, I can grab him for you just have a seat"

Sade thanked the woman taking a seat looking around in awe, she had never seen such a luxury store and the architecture was to die for. To ease her nerves she fiddled with her fingers until she could hear footsteps approaching

Standing up to greet him she smiled as Kairo pulled her into him letting his hand rest lightly on her waist he kissed her cheek "Mocha what a surprise"

"Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting. I was thinking about you so I brought you some lunch" she smiled holding up the food

Kairo smiled widely taking it from her grasp " Thinking about me huh? I appreciate you for this. Come on" he motioned for her to follow him as Susie raised an eyebrow she hadn't seen him with any women besides Sydney and the fact that he was blushing had her beaming full of joy for him

"Wow" Sade exclaimed as they reached his office, a set of wedding bands sat on his desk ready to be put on display.

"Something right? Real red rubies on the band, took me a while to set it" Kairo let out as he took a mouthful of the still warm cabbage

"It's beautiful. How long does it normally take you to finish a piece?"

"It depends, but I like to take my time so normally if it's from scratch about four months."

"Can I try it on?" Sade asked as she twirled the ring in between her fingers

Kairo eyed her seeing how intrigued she was "Go ahead Mocha." He watched as she examined the ring on her finger with a smile on her face, everything in him wanted to tell her she could have it but with his gifting normally came rejection so he opted out on ruining the mood

"You're amazing at what you do" She complimented as she placed it back in its rightful box

"I appreciate that. You got this cooking thing down pack too" Kairo responded as he bit into the soft buttery biscuit

"You like it? I tried a different rub sauce for the ribs"

Kairo showed her the bones which were practically licked clean "What does that tell you?"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it" Sade laughed

Kairo motioned for Sade to come here as she made herself comfortable in his lap, gripping her thigh lightly he sparked up light conversation "How was your day?" 

Sade sighed as she relaxed into him "I spent most of my day at Mama B's home. Cleaned up a little for her and cooked"

Kairo nodded "Hows she doing?"

"Hanging in there. Chemo is hard on her but she's strong" Sade smiled lightly

"I'll keep her in my prayers" Hearing Kairo utter those words made her heart flutter, she placed a light kiss on his lips

"You've been here all day?"

Kairo exhaled "Yeah since this morning, a few business meetings plus inventory"

"Sounds stressful, when are you off?" Sade asked as she took a bite from his plate

Kairo glanced down at his watch "It was, but you're here so I'm ending my day right. When I want really." Before Sade could rebuttal Kairo's office door opened at the sight of a much older man Sade tried to remove herself from his lap out of respect but the grip Kairo had on her made her remain

"Figlio (son) I was looking for you, your brother is here, Ah what a surprise you have company"

"Pa this is Sade. Sade this is my father Luka" Kairo introduced the two cleaning his hands with the wet wipes Sade made sure to add

"Nice to meet you Mr Luka" Sade waved shyly

Clasping his hands together he smiled widely immediately knowing who she was "Please call me Luka, nice to meet you beautiful. How'd you enjoy that book?"

Sade smiled remembering the third edition book Kairo went out his way to find that happen to be on his fathers book shelf "It was a good read, thank you for allowing me to borrow it"

"No problem. Kairo my office, the quicker we straighten this out the better" Luka quickly got back on track on why he came in here originally

"I thought we cleared it up" Kairo voiced tired of explaining his reasoning for him and Giovanni taking out Salvador. Sade looked between the two sensing the tension that now consumed the room, she held Creed's hand in her grasp rubbing her fingers over his knuckles

"Kairo il mio ufficio ora" (In my office now) Luka let out his final words as he walked out sure that his son wouldn't be far behind

"You okay?" Sade questioned

Kairo knew that Sade could feel his change in energy as she did often " Yeah just family stuff, you going to wait for me?"

Sade nodded as she stood up so he could get up as well "Yeah I don't mind"

Kairo tried to hide his smile but Sade noticed the light smirk "Cool it won't be long."

Sade took a seat in his chair behind his desk spinning side to side "I'm sure I'll find something to read in the meantime"

Kairo nodded giving her one last kiss as he made his way out, once he was gone Sade ran her hands across the items he had resting on his desk. A vintage pen set that he used on a regular to sign documents, along with other little decorations significant to him. Her hand stopped at a picture frame of him and a young woman smiling as he stood behind her holding on to her round belly. Sade quickly put two and two together and her heart immediately sunk.

Sade now had more questions than ever but the one that kept replaying most of all was where was the baby?
-

Enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 543 29
story gets better as it goes on 🤞🏾
36.2K 1.6K 16
Book 2 of Her Skin
1.4M 47.8K 41
Book 1
682K 28K 30
Completed! "You'll be back for more You won't regret it" Highest Ranking #1 in Black Love Highest Ranking #2 in Dave East Highest Ranking #5 in Urban...