It's All Started With A Lie

By TalesOf_Shivani

She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not n... More

Author's note
Chapter- 1 Naina
Chapter- 2 Arnav Singhania
Chapter- 3 Lie
Chapter- 4 A rich liar...
Chapter- 6 Remember..?
Chapter- 7 Apologize
Chapter- 8 Tense
Chapter- 9 Another lie
Chapter- 10 Try..!!
Chapter- 11 Home
Chapter- 12 complicated family
Chapter- 13 Apology
Chapter- 14 random man
Chapter- 15 Are you ok?
Chapter- 16 Annoying
chapter- 17 get together
Chapter- 18 Drama queen
Chapter- 19 A sudden call
Chapter- 20 Angry
Chapter- 21 calming down
Chapter- 22 His sister..!!
Chapter- 23 Watching a movie
Chapter- 24 Dinner
Chapter- 25 Threatening?
Chapter- 26 Are you in love?
Chapter- 27 Amusement Park
Chapter- 28 Finding out
Chapter- 29 The truth
Chapter- 30 Broken
Chapter- 31 She is different!
Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies
Chapter- 33 confession?
Chapter- 34 Ignoring
Chapter- 35 Date!
Chapter- 36 The tension!
Chapter- 37 His dream!
Chapter- 38 Typical Siblings
Chapter- 39 Business party
Chapter- 40 First fight
Chapter- 41 The surprise gift..!!
Chapter- 42 Dinner at Singhania's Mansion
Chapter- 43 Meeting his parents
Chapter- 44 The panic!
Chapter- 45 encounter with Dev
Chapter- 46 Accident!
Chapter- 47 His Eyes
Chapter- 48 Confident Naina
Chapter- 49 Journey with her friends
Chapter- 50 Surprise or shock
Chapter- 51 Accepted
Chapter- 52 Chaotic siblings
Chapter- 53 Cute couple
Chapter- 54 Loyal
Chapter- 55 Kind
Chapter- 56 Kidnapped
Chapter- 57 Captive
Chapter- 58 Rescued
Chapter- 59 Provoke
Chapter- 60 Date!
Chapter- 61 His birthday
Chapter- 62 Unbeliveable
Chapter- 63 Everything Falling apart
Chapter- 64 Let's meet!
Chapter- 65 Holi celebrations...!
Chapter- 66 Different
Not an update!
Chapter- 67 Naina Missing
Chapter- 68 Devastated
Chapter- 69 Is this the end...?
Chapter- 70 Vulnerable
Chapter- 71 She is back!!
Chapter- 72 Our Baby?
Chapter- 73 Another woman?
Chapter- 74 Clarity
Chapter- 75 The change
Chapter- 76 Proposal
Chapter- 77 The rituals
Chapter- 78 The wedding
Chapter- 79 The End!
Epilogue
Epilogue- 2
Bonus chapter

Chapter- 5 weird

3.9K 216 44
By TalesOf_Shivani

Naina's Pov

I was sleeping peacefully until my phone decided to disturb me by ringing continuously. I tried to sleep even after hearing that sound, but it was ringing for the last 15 minutes, not allowing me to have my beauty sleep. I groaned and looked at the caller id and its Pooja.

"I swear, Pooja, if it is not an important thing, I will shave your head," I hissed.

"Babe, I called you to ask about the decoration of the reception hall. Is it completed or not?", she asked.

"No. we still need to complete a few things," I replied.

"What are you doing, then? Go and complete it, the reception is not tomorrow but this evening," she urged me to go.

"Ok,ok, calm down. I will go now," I assured her.

"Why she has to be my friend? Ugg", I mumbled to myself looking back at my pillow which is attracting me to sleep few more minutes.

I once again glanced at my bed debating whether to do bed or not. There are chips packets which I completed last night, then a few other snacks which I half ate and my laptop, there is so much mess I need to clean if I want to do bed. Finally, I decided to leave it like always and went to the washroom to clean myself.

I walked out of the washroom wearing a robe after having my concert.... I mean taking a shower and opened my wardrobe to look for clothes to wear.

As soon as I opened the wardrobe all my clothes fell on my feet. I took out a black jeans and maroon shirt from the pool of clothes along with my inner wears then neatly put back all the clothes in the wardrobe as it is (note the sarcasm).

I wore clothes and dried my hair and tied it in a pony. I put on some lotion and lipstick then put the bottle on the bed and lipstick on the bag before heading out to have my breakfast which is prepared by Payal.

When I reached the kitchen, she was almost done making Maggie. We both had our breakfast in the kitchen itself then she went to sleep and I came outside not before kicking my feet to the couch in the living room and my elbow to the door.
This is me, the clumsiest and most messy girl but I can't help it. 

No one is perfect... or am I wrong, is there anyone who is perfect?

Arnav's POV

"Yes, I am here", I responded to Ajay who called me after getting into my room.

"Why are you here?", I asked him once he reached me, inside the walk-in closet.

"I am here to see you," he said, taking out the watch from its box.

"Now you have seen me, just go", I replied not interestingly and took back the watch from him and put it back on the box neatly.

"Such a jerk you are", he sneered.
"A handsome jerk".

Ajay has been my best friend for years. Our parents are family friends so we became best friends when we were still in grade school as we grew up together. As you already guessed, he works for me.

I huffed at him and put on some perfume then put it back in its place. I am that kind of person who doesn't like to misplace things and I don't really like it messy. I want everything in its place and perfect.

"You are perfect, man. But why are you wearing casuals, are you not coming to the office?", he asked.

"No", I replied.

"Why?", he asked again.

I am going to decorate a random function hall with the woman I met yesterday, whom I have known for years, leaving all my meetings.
Of course, I didn't tell him all these.

"I am busy", that's all I said.

"What is the thing you are busy about which I don't know?", he asked with raised eyebrows and I ignored him gracefully.

"Rude", he mumbled.
"Yet handsome. I don't want to be straight whenever I am around you", he said dramatically.

"But I am straight", I retorted and went out of my bedroom.

"Tell me, Arnav. Where are you going?", he asked again, coming behind me.

"Somewhere without you", I stated.

"What about meetings?", he questioned.

"You will handle them" I declared.

"Oh... why would I? I have enough in my plate"

"Can't you handle a few more for me", I asked, this time a little bit nicely.

"I can do anything for you, babe", he replied playfully.

"don't call me babe", I remarked annoyed.

He is like that from childhood, always playful. Because of him, people thought we are not straight in college.

"But what about meeting with your father?", he asked seriously.

"I will think about it".

.

.

.

Naina was already there when I arrived at the function hall. She is wearing a black pants with a maroon shirt looking beautiful, smiling and mumbling something to herself. What I observed from her is that she talks to herself a lot and smiles more, unlike me. She is so innocent and pure; she talks so much like a chatterbox. Honest and transparent.

"You are late", she said when I reached her and I stood there silently not responding anything.

"Oye hero, Why are you tensed? I was just joking", she laughed.
"Come, we have many things to do", she said, holding my hand and dragging me to the stage and I followed her.

We both done remaining things and arranged the complete stage just as they wished then asked the cleaning department to clean the stage and they did.

After giving it a finishing touch, it was all ready.

"What are your hobbies, Arnav?", she asked. We are sitting down on the couch after decorating the hall. She is sitting beside me with her head resting on the backrest.

"I don't have any", I replied casually. I haven't really thought about this thing in my whole life.

"What do you do in your free time then?", she asked, sitting straight and looking at me curiously.

I actually don't get any free time. even if I get, I work but how can I say that to her?

"What do you do in your free time?", I asked her instead of answering.

"What do I do?" she mumbled putting her hand under her chin.
"I do so many things like I read a lot, then I write, I help Pooja in her work, water my plants, go to the beach and enjoy by myself", she said thinking if any missed. She is really cute like a child.

"Write?"

"Yeah, I write. I want to be an author", she replied with a smile.
I don't know that.

"You will be one", I said and she smiled more.

"I was already. But you didn't tell me why you don't have any hobbies", she asked.

Before I could answer, we heard someone calling Nania.

"Naina, they are coming in half an hour. Is everything ready?", the woman asked hurriedly, who just entered.

"Why worry when you have Naina? Everything is ready, just look and enjoy the sight", Naina said proudly.

The woman looked around the stage and all the arrangements.
"Ah..., Babe", she squealed and Naina jumped from her place not expecting her squeal.

"You startled me. Why, what is it?", Naina asked.

"You made it beautiful, girl. I am really proud of you and I love you sooo much", she said as she hugged her and kissed on her cheeks.

I think the woman is her best friend. Ok, it's not only my best friend but all the best friends are like this. Weird creatures.

"It would not be done if it was not for him", Naina said pointing at me and that woman noticed me now. 

"Who?", she asked as raised her eyebrow teasingly.

"He is Arnav, the one you sent to help me", she informed.

"And, Arnav, she is Pooja, my best friend", she introduced.

"But isn't it Ara...",

Before she could complete, I interrupted her saying "Hello, Pooja, nice meeting you. She has been talking about you a lot".

"Not really", Naina commented boringly.

"I don't believe you cause you can't stop your mouth from talking. The best you have done was selecting your job as Rj", Pooja remarked.

"Ok, leave it, where is my reward?" Naina asked.

"What do you want?".

"How about having a girl's night? Payal is also free tonight", Naina winked and Pooja nodded with a grin.

These ladies forgot about me.

"I think they are coming, I will go", Pooja said and left after saying bye to us.

"Let's go, Arnav, will have dinner and then I have to go to the Radio station", she said as we both walked out.

She took me to a roadside restaurant which is so small. I never went to a restaurant which is this small.

"What do you want?", she asked me.

"You choose", I replied as I don't know what to order here.

"Ok, Dosa then", she said and I nodded.

We had dosa as she said and man, it's really tasty here. I never had this much tasty food in big restaurants where I go. She actually enjoyed the food while I was just eating, she is completely opposite to me.

I don't talk if it is not necessary but she never stops talking and she is so childish like a real child. Mainly, she enjoys her life. She enjoys everything she does and always smiles.

"I think I have to go. It's time for my Radio show", she said coming out from the restaurant.

"Ok. But, how will you go", I asked.

"If we walk a little, there is a bus stop so I can go by bus and you also go by bus. It will save you some money as you are still looking for a job", she said.

How can I tell her? I just nodded and started walking with her.

She is walking while humming something and doing little dance steps on the road while I am walking closely behind her.

"What type of songs do you like the most, Arnav?", she asked me as she turned to face me while walking backwards.

I don't really listen to songs on my own it's always the songs which she plays on the radio. She mostly plays pop songs... no, sometimes she plays melodies also and sometimes it was classics...

"It depends on my mood", I replied diplomatically.

"Me too---", her sentence stopped in middle as she tripped on her leg and was about to fall but I caught her waist and dragged back which caused her to fall on my chest. I don't know what I felt right now cause this feeling is new to me.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until we heard a horn sound. I left her and she stood straightly straightening her hair.

"We have reached", I mumbled looking around the bus stop.

"Yeah, we have reached", she repeated.

After some time, her bus arrived and I also messaged my driver to come to the location.

"Bye, Arnav. I will call you and all the best... you will be selected for the job", she said and put some money in my hand before boarding the bus.

"Naina, I don't need...", she didn't let me finish.

"I know you don't have a job right now so, just use this money. Bye", she said and the bus started.

What is she? A kind and lively girl. I have never seen a girl like her before. She is the only woman who can make a billionaire work on some random function hall and give money to him.

I smiled looking at the money she gave...

I get back to home and switched on the radio as its time for her show

"Hello darlings, I am back again. Welcome back to my show 'Words from heart' and this is RJ Naina on air and you are listening to 95.5 Radio. You can call me and share your feelings and you can give messages to anyone through my show, as you know", she chirped.

"So, today's topic is 'Do men feel butterflies too' call me and answer the topic and share your words from heart to your loved ones".

"Do men feel butterflies?", I mumbled to myself. How can she come up with this question?

Yup, I can feel you, my butterfly...

***

Hey homies ❤

Hope you liked the update.. 😇

What do you think Do men feel butterflies like us... Comment your thoughts🤔💭

Don't forget to vote and comment more to encourage your author 🥰

💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

825K 43.4K 58
Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of words. He is a man of few words. She is c...
124K 9.8K 94
{ 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 #1 𝖎𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘} 𝐕𝐢𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐱 𝐒𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐎𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐢 She is soft-spoken; he is hardened. She is ice; he is f...
15.8K 1.4K 30
it's a love story of two opposite poles RAGINI & SANSKAAR!! one side where RAGINI is d mostest gorgious ultra modern diva, who is DENTIST by profess...
8.6K 534 24
"Love found its way within our hearts for one another in a beautiful eternal way....through our special medium of relation- our friendship...." Story...