тo υѕ | dυncan

By Scarlett_Sorcerer

The only reason Oliver signed up for this show was because it was a way out of his parents. He couldn't stand... More

caѕт
prologυe
one
тwo
тнree
ғιve

ғoυr

301 8 3
By Scarlett_Sorcerer

~~~~~~

11 - 11

"We are now twelve hours in, with all 22 campers still wide awake."

The brunette boy almost rolled his eyes at the host's narration. Everyone was yawning and had serious eye bags, even to Oliver's standards.

Owen was shuffling backwards and flaying his arms around in an effort to stay awake, which would most likely make him more tired. "Woo hoo! Stay awake for twelve hours? I can do that in my sleep! Woo hoo!" He froze before falling down like a tree, fast asleep.

Oliver snickered behind his hand while Duncan didn't even try to hide his own laughter. A few tired glares were sent their way but were ignored by the two boys.

The two had stuck together for this part of the challenge. Oliver would share his phone and music with Duncan, and he would in turn slap Oliver if he got tired. And the brunette would threaten to leave with his music whenever Duncan would call him 'short stuff.' Pretty good deal if you asked Oliver.

The two had hummed along to the few songs they shared interest in before ending up quietly singing along to the Broadway songs. Duncan liked theatre, sue him.

The brunette's phone had died just three hours into the awake-a-thon, meaning that Duncan and Oliver had to entertain themselves some other way.

Oliver knew he probably wouldn't end up passing out while there was daylight, but Duncan looked like he was on the verge of unconsciousness. In a desperate attempt to keep the other awake, Oliver realised he'd have to actually talk to the delinquent. Great.

"You're not looking too good."

Duncan lifted his head from his arms that were wrapped around his legs. "No shit, Sherlock."

The brunette drummed his fingers on his knees, "Wanna talk?"

Chris wasn't exactly lying when he called Oliver a social outcast.

How do you talk to people?

How do you start conversations?

What do you mean people ask how you are but don't actually want to know the answer and are uncomfortable when you answer them honestly with how you feel?

Oliver was oblivious to social cues and norms, always sticking to himself. It's not like anyone actively approached him anyway.

Duncan just stared at Oliver for what felt like hours, making the brunette uncomfortable and embarrassed, soon breaking off eye contact.

"You're short."

Oliver looked back at the delinquent with an annoyed but lighthearted glare. "Fuck you."

Duncan laughed softly before winking with a smirk, "If you wish, short stuff."

The brunette turned away, caught off guard and suddenly uncomfortable. Or was he embarrassed? Why were his cheeks warm?

"I will leave." He weakly threatened.

~~~~~~

9 - 8

Just as Oliver was starting to doze off on Duncan's shoulder, Tyler yelled. Loudly.

Oliver shot up, suddenly up and alert, which in turn startled Duncan. The tired teens sent a glare to the culprit, which eventually turned into a thankful nod.

This was torture.

Chris grinned brightly in amusement, "Congratulations, campers!" Everyone's tired attention was drawn to the host. "You've made it to the twenty-four hour mark. Time to take things up a notch." Chef walked over, dressed as a fluffy pink sheep holding a mini harp. "Fairytales!"

Oliver just stared at the adults with total disbelief. He couldn't believe that Chef Hatchet was dressed as a fluffy pink sheep, about to dance for all these teenagers on international tv. What was he being paid? He almost felt bad for Chef's dignity. Almost.

Gwen and Trent stared the the host, "Oh, he's not serious."

Oliver groaned, throwing his head back. Duncan spared the boy a glance before shrugged, not caring enough about Chris's attempts to make everyone more tired.

Chris cleared his throat as Chef played a few notes on his harp. "Once. Upon a time."

Oliver glared at Chris' soft voice, realising the host's plan. He was going to bore everyone to sleep.

"There was, inside this boring kingdom, a boring village." More contestants yawned as Chris continued, "And inside this boring, sleepy village. Filled with very boring children. Who did very boring things..."

Oliver leaned his weight against Duncan's side, eyes drooping for a few moments before opening. It was night time once again, meaning Oliver was growing more and more tired.

Duncan smirked before lightly slapping the brunette's cheek. Oliver's head was snapped one way before he turned to face Duncan with a death stare.

The delinquent showed no remorse, he had clearly enjoyed it. "Deal," he reminded the boy, smiling cheekily.

Oliver scowled for a dramatic pause before noticing Cody asleep on Owen's ass. My god. He watched as Cody woke up to Owen farting in his face and coughed repeatedly. Oliver grimaced while Duncan chuckled in amusement.

Oliver tapped his friend's(?) arm and pointed at Chef, who was now dressed in a pink leotard and tutu, and was dancing around on his tiptoes. Who knew Chef could do ballet?

The contestants all watched with interest as the adult dressed in pink danced with sparkles radiating off of himself.

Wait, sparkles?

Everyone Chef danced around started yawning, and soon it was Duncan and Oliver's turns. DJ had tied himself to a tree for some reason, but that didn't stop him from falling asleep. The tree soon fell with the boy face first.

"Timber."

~~~~~~

6 - 5

It was now forty hours in, and everyone was miserable. Courtney was jogging on the spot for some reason, probably to stay awake, but was in turn making herself more tired.

Lindsey and Beth soon fell off their seats, fast asleep.

4 - 5

~~~~~~

Oliver was once again leaning on Duncan, this time with his head on the delinquent's shoulder. The two were talking about anything they could in an effort to stay awake.

That was, until they saw Owen sleep walking.

Into the woods.

Naked.

That was something Oliver could never unsee.

~~~~~~

"Look at him, he's like a statue." Gwen gestured to Justin, who was standing still with his eyes wide open. "He hasn't moved in over fifty hours!"

It was currently fifty-one hours into the challenge, and very few contestants were still awake.

Trent and Gwen made noises to get Justin's attention, but the man remained motionless. Oliver quirked an eyebrow but said nothing, head still on Duncan's shoulder. The delinquent didn't seem to mind, probably too tired to care.

"Amazing," Gwen got up close and personal with the model. "Look at the concentration."

Trent scratched his head before Gwen poked Justin's face, making the ravenette twitch before his open eyes... opened?

The duo gasped before Eva glared and pointed. "His eyelids are painted, I saw it!"

"Get out," Chris said, shocked before grinning, "Oh, I've gotta see this." The host ran over to Justin and inspected the boy who smiled sheepishly. "That is so freaking cool. But, you're still out dude."

3 - 5

~~~~~~

Oliver looked into the camera confused.

"Where the hell did he get the paint?"

~~~~~~

It was now hour eighty, and even though it was daylight, Oliver wanted to just give in to sleep. He had never stayed up for three days straight before, and he never wanted to do it again. Duncan kept threatening the boy, saying he'd make him regret it, and the brunette believed him.

Duncan grinned sadistically as he put Harold's hand in a cup of warm water, watching the ginger pee himself in his sleep.

"Oh, gross, it works! Dude peed his pants!"

Oliver snickered in amusement.

Harold slowly woke up before looking down and seeing his wet pants. He quickly sat up and covered the area in embarrassment.

Oliver and Duncan laughed to themselves and high-fived with grins on their faces before their attention was caught by Noah waking up screaming, which then woke up his sleeping mate, Cody. The two yelled as they stared at each other in horror of their cuddling.

Oliver stared at the two with amusement before it faded. He looked to Duncan with regret.

He felt like he was going to die.

He needed to give in.

"I gotta tap out."

Duncan shoved him lightly with his shoulder, "Quitter." He paused before quietly adding, "Go for it, short stuff."

Oliver merely hummed, eyes drooping before he finally let his body clock off, slumping against the delinquent's side. Duncan manhandled the sleeping brunette, placing the boy's head to lay in his lap, sending a glare to anyone who dared to think anything.

~~~~~~

The boy with the green mohawk looked at the camera with a the threatening glare as he pointed accusingly.

"Don't you dare think it meant anything."

~~~~~~

It was now 3 - 2, and the host was sick of this challenge. Chris returned to the campsite with a coffee in hand, right as Gwen was musing for one.

She crawled over to the host and begged on her knees for his coffee. "You gotta hook me up, man, I'll even eat the grinds, anything!"

The host grimaced as he backed away, "Alright! You five stay with me." He turned to the contestants who had failed the challenge, "The rest of you, go and get a shower for god's sake. You stink."

Harold ran off as soon as he could, needing to pee and probably change his pants.

Duncan shook the boy in his lap awake, giving him an apologetic look as Oliver's eyes opened tiredly. "Showers, short-stuff."

The brunette hummed, letting the delinquent give him a hand up before leaving the campsite with nothing more than a mumbled 'good luck.'

Chris took a slurp of his coffee before looking to the remaining contestants. "I didn't want it to come to this. I said that to Chef Hatchet last night, I said, 'Chef, I don't want it to come to this. But, damn it! These campers are tough!' And so, I've come up with the most boring, sleep inducing activity I can find."

~~~~~~

Duncan rolled his eyes.

"Nothing could possibly be more boring than this challenge."

~~~~~~

"The history of Canada: a pop-up book. Chapter one: the beaver."

The contestants all groaned.

~~~~~~

It was eighty-seven hours in, and it was down to the final two contestants; Gwen and Duncan.

Chris let the two have a bathroom break, which Duncan accepted while Gwen denied. The delinquent ended up falling asleep in the stall, making Gwen and the Screaming Gophers win.

Back at camp, Eva was throwing out all of her team's belongings while trying to find her mp3 player. Oliver had been thrown out of his bed while asleep, to which he glared and flipped her the finger, tired as hell.

"Hey, guys." Heather walked up to the Killer Bass with a smile, "Wow, this place is a real mess."

Courtney gestured to their cabin, whispering, "Someone stole Eva's mp3 player."

"You don't mean this, do you?" Heather pulled the device from her pocket, shocking the Killer Bass.

Eva poked her head out of the cabin with a big smile as Heather explained to the Killer Bass how she found it.

"I was wondering who it belonged to. I found it by the campfire pit." Eva ran to the other girl and grabbed her prized possession. "You must have dropped it."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you!"

Eva smiled at Heather before the other shrugged with a smile, "Sure thing."

~~~~~~

Oliver had his arms crossed as he stared into the camera.

"There is no fucking way she just happened to find it."

~~~~~~

After Heather left the Killer Bass to themselves, Eva turned to her team with a sheepish smile.

"So! Sorry about that little... misunderstanding. Guess no one stole it after all." The Killer Bass continued to glare at the girl in silence. "Okay, maybe I overreacted a little." She chuckled nervously, hoping they wouldn't react too badly.

Oliver scowled at the girl before walking back to his cabin to get some desperately needed sleep before eliminations.

Oliver poked his earbuds in as he laid down on his bed, blasting some Lovejoy. He ignored anyone and everyone that even attempted to look in his direction, not wanting his sleep to be disturbed.

~~~~~~

"You've all cast your votes and made your decision." Chris put the tray of marshmallows down in front of himself. "There are only ten marshmallows on this plate."

Oliver had told Duncan what Eva had done while he was missing, and they both agreed to vote her off. It seemed like an unspoken agreement between the Killer Bass, and maybe even Eva knew.

It was Oliver's first elimination ceremony, since he skipped out on the Killer Bass' first one, so he was trying to pay attention from where he sat next to Duncan, who was trying to not fall asleep from where he sat.

"When I call your name, come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow must immediately return to the Dock of Shame, catch the Boat of Losers, and leave. And you can never come back. Ever."

"The first marshmallow goes to Duncan."

Said boy chose a marshmallow from the tray and walked back to his seat, but before he could eat his prize, the boy beside him stole it and ate it first with a cheeky smile. Duncan sent the boy a tired glare, punching him in the shoulder.

"Oliver."

The brunette chose his marshmallow before taking a seat back next to Duncan, who stole his marshmallow and ate it with a self-satisfying grin. Oliver huffed and shoved him lightly.

"Bridgette. Courtney. Katie and Sadie."

The two girls celebrated by hugging each other as they squealed

"Tyler. DJ. Geoff."

The last of the team collected their marshmallows until it was only Harold and Eva left.

"Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening."

Everyone waited in anticipation for Chris to announce the last safe contestant. The silence was killing Oliver as his leg bounced up and down, making Duncan glare in annoyance and push it down with his hand. Oliver froze before snatching his leg away.

"Harold!"

The ginger smiled in relief as he grabbed the final marshmallow and took his seat.

"Eva." The girl looked let down as the host spoke. "The Dock of Shame awaits."

Eva stood up and scowled at her former team in anger, "Nice. Really nice." Everyone was unfazed as the girl continued to yell, "Who needs this stupid tv show anyway!"

Eva stormed off in anger to the Dock of Shame, but not before kicking Chris in the shin. The man grabbed his leg in pain while Oliver and Duncan snickered to themselves.

"Ow." The host turned to the Killer Bass, "Have a good night's sleep tonight. You're all safe."

~~~~~~

Oliver looked to the camera with a tired smile as he leant on his legs.

"I cannot wait to sleep for hours and hours tonight."

~~~~~~

The team waved off Eva with bittersweet smiles as the girl left on the boat. Everyone stood around the campfire with their marshmallows, except Duncan and Oliver who toasted empty sticks.

"To the Killer Bass." Courtney raised her marshmallow for a toast. "And to not ending up here again next week."

~~~~~~

A/N

This one took a bit longer to write since I'm currently moving house and school just started again

Remember to take care of yourselves :)

~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 952 59
Oliver's excuse for everything is that it's a small town. He know that's not the truth. There's many smaller towns that are nice, amazing even. His i...
754 26 10
Thanks to a dare from her brother, Reverie signed up for Total Drama and was chosen to compete with 22 other contestants for money. Of course, it's n...
191K 6.3K 20
After graduating high school, Dorian Lowry decides to spend the summer of 2016 with his father and his father's family down in Virginia. While there'...
116K 2.8K 74
Duncan x Male OC Fanfic 23 contestants partake in a sadistic reality tv show aired internationally competing for $100,000 at a crappy summer camp. Wi...