OCEAN EYES | Draco Malfoy

Door Freya_Arwen

'We're cousins', I shout out loud while storming through the empty hallway. 'Oh, stop saying that, Nessa', he... Meer

Characters
IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: Amortentia
Chapter 2: Divination class
Chapter 3: Confessions
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Let me tell you about your father
Chapter 6: Moods
Chapter 7: Guilt
Chapter 8: Different
Chapter 9: Twin Flame
Chapter 10: Words are poison
Chapter 11: Halloween party
Chapter 13: Kiss and consequences
Chapter 14: Detention
Chapter 15: Best friend
Chapter 16: Heat
Chapter 17: Just the two of us
Chapter 18: Hands off my girl
Chapter 19: Incident

Chapter 12: Invitation

154 5 1
Door Freya_Arwen

Nessa Black

'That was all for today, students. No explosions this time, that's some progress, right?', Slughorn raises his wand, and the liquid in the cauldrons on our desks disappears.

All of us begin leaving the classroom when his voice suddenly echoes throughout the room.

'Oh, I almost forgot. Mr. Potter, Mr. Zabini, Ms. Black, Ms. Granger, I'll be expecting you at the next Slug Club gathering next Saturday', he solemnly says.

We all nod. It's been a while since the last Slug Club dinner night.

'And don't forget to bring a partner', he adds.

At the same time, Pansy passes by me and brushes her shoulder against mine as if to tell me something that she couldn't say out loud.

She got discharged yesterday and we hadn't exchanged a word. Several awkward glances in the dorm and at breakfast, but that's all. I heard her talking to Bella while I was in the bathroom, but she got silent as soon as I went out.

Honestly, I am starting to get used to her fucked up behavior and I don't bother that much. Well, I am aware that it's been just two days since she is back so I am careful of making assumptions too early on.

I sigh as I leave the Potions cabinet and merge into the crowd of students, heading toward the North Tower.

The memory of the last time I attended Divination lingers in my mind, but it doesn't seem powerful enough to stop me from going this time. I can't sacrifice my reputation as a diligent student for whatever reason anymore.

***

I am the last person from our friend group to arrive in the Great Hall for lunch as I had to attend a brief prefects' meeting with the heads of houses because of an incident with a first-year Ravenclaw, who somehow managed to sneak out of the castle after curfew yesterday and reached the Forbidden Forest. Thank Merlin, Hagrid happened to be there and brought him back to the castle. The boy told Professor Flitwick that one of his classmates told him that there were unicorns in the forest which can help you reach out to your dead family members. Professor Flitwick explained to us that the kid had lost his mother just before coming to Hogwarts. He was currently lying in the Hospital Wing because of the shock of being caught. He was scared that he would be expelled, but of course, the school decided to make an exception for his case. Thank Merlin it was not me and Joshua taking care of the Ravenclaw Tower yesterday evening. The Hufflepuff prefects were the ones being scolded.

I was secretly hoping that Pansy would have left the table once I arrive, but not this time. She is still here and to my greatest surprise, she seems to be enjoying herself pretty much. She is discussing something with Theodore. Draco at her left looks irritated, he has partly turned his back to her and is finishing the food on his plate.

'Nessa', Bella exclaims and suddenly all heads turn in my direction as I take my seat.

'Hi', I mutter and rush into grabbing whatever food is left.

'Where were you?', Bella asks pointing to her left where Joshua Avery has just sat.

'There was an incident with a first-year Ravenclaw yesterday night', I simply respond.

'Who cares about Ravenclaws?'

Hearing her voice almost makes me choke on my pumpkin juice. I've almost forgotten what it sounded like. Normal Pansy's voice.

'He is just a little boy. It's a pretty sad story actually', I answer.

Pansy laughs out loud and I can't help but strike her with a deadly stare.

'What's so funny?', I ask boldly.

'Sorry', she says, still laughing. 'You sound like a bloody Hufflepuff.'

I clench my jaw.

Just calm down, Nessa. Just calm down.

Nah, not this time.

'You know that being a Slytherin is not all about being a mean bitch, right?'

She finally looks me in the eyes. That's what I wanted. I want to see how far she can get. I want to know if she is bold enough to take this game up to the end. Because once I bite I wouldn't stop at any price. Pansy doesn't know me enough. She has seen the best part of me because ever since I came to Hogwarts we were best friends. But things have changed. It's not the same anymore. And it'll never be the same. She started it. Perhaps I could do something and fix things up, but I'm a Slytherin for a reason. Call me resentful or whatever. Once you lose my respect, it's over. And obviously, it's time for me to show that to Pansy as she has been mistaken about me. (Author's note: Play 'So What' by P!nk)

Her gaze is fixed on mine. I wonder what is she thinking right now. Or I better not know, it might infuriate me even more.

Pansy suddenly starts laughing hysterically and looks away.

'Babe, you are so tense. Relax', she says.

'Just a joke, okay?', Pansy raises both her hands in the air.

You can't deceive me, Parkinson.

'It's bloody cold today, don't you think so?', Blaise's question is meant to ease the tension but no one actually answers.

For the first time since I arrived in the Great Hall, I glance over at Draco, and I find him staring at me. A slight smile appears on his face as soon as our eyes meet and he secretly gives me thumbs up without anyone else noticing. I shrug my shoulders in confusion.

'Later', he whispers and suddenly stands up.

'See you later', he says out loud so that everyone hears him and leaves the table.

Just follow him.

Ugh, I am getting quite irritated with my inner voice. I swear it's taking me down a slippery slope.

'I'm leaving as well', I announce and lose no more time. I want to catch up with him.

I storm out of the Great Hall and I almost bump into him. He is standing right next to the door with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

'Were you waiting for me?', I ask.

'Did you follow me?', he raises a brow.

I roll my eyes.

'You are obsessed with asking questions', I note.

'I knew you would come after me', he says ignoring what I've just said.

'Do you call me predictable?', I clench my jaw and get closer to him almost instinctively.

'To me, yes. To other people, I hardly believe it', his expression is confident and relaxed. His arms suddenly fall along his body as if he's welcoming me to come even closer.

I have to be furious right now. But I am not. There's even a part within me that perceived what he just said as a compliment. What's wrong with me?

'I'm just too curious', I try to excuse myself.

He chuckles.

'I know.'

'You're so smart for a reason', he adds.

Am I blushing? My cheeks feel warmer than usual. That's so odd. I hope it's not too obvious or I should go and bury myself somewhere.

'So?', I look at him with anticipation.

'What?', he pretends to not understand what I am asking about.

'What was that in the Great Hall?', I explain myself.

He smirks and slightly leans towards me.

'It's a rare opportunity to see you in such a mood. It was sick!'

I observe his face in order to find some sign of mockery, but I don't. I can't help but smile.

'I was totally narked', I say.

We both burst into laughter. It feels quite special, not gonna lie. It's not ordinary to hear Draco Malfoy laughing. Like wholeheartedly. It brings a nice and warm feeling to my heart.

Why does it feel so scary to experience such a raw form of happiness? I'm getting chills all over my body.

'Would you like to join me at the Slug Club dinner party?', I ask spontaneously.

His expression suddenly gets serious and it makes my heartbeat go faster.

'I don't think I'll make it. I...', he pauses for a second. 'I have other things to take care of next Saturday.'

I nod, trying to keep a calm face, but I can't deny I just felt like I was rejected by a boyfriend.

'Will you ever tell me what are you doing almost every night out of the dorms?', I ask.

To be honest, I have no clue where that boldness came from. I swear I haven't consumed firewhisky since that party in the Slytherin common room.

Draco tilts his head and shakes it in disbelief.

'You are definitely too curious', he states. 'It might put you in danger someday. You shall be more careful.'

I clench my jaw, annoyed with his constant going around the bush.

I already saw your bloody Dark Mark. What, could there be anything more terrifying than that? I swear I'll learn about your secret endeavors sooner or later, Draco Malfoy.

Draco lets out a muffled laugh as if he heard my thoughts and unexpectedly pats me on the head. I flinch at the touch.

'Draco', I cry out. 'You messed up my hair!'

I take a step back and furrow my brows.

'At least I already know what to do so that you say my name', he smirks and leaves without giving me the chance to say anything.

***

Draco Malfoy

It's been forever since I spent an evening in the Slytherin common room. I honestly miss having a regular student life. Several months ago I wouldn't believe I would ever say that, but here I am and I'm 100% genuine.

I am writing, or I better say, I am trying to write, a Defense Against the Dark Arts essay alongside Blaise who seems quite lost at this point.

Theodore is sitting on the opposite couch, flipping through a Charms book.

'Oh, Nessa', he suddenly shouts out and I can't help but turn around to see her.

She's wearing a regular Slytherin girl's uniform with a black and green pleated skirt, a white tucked-in shirt, a green tie, and black knee socks. She somehow manages to make everything, even the most ordinary clothes, look special. It's not that she forces it, it just comes naturally.

Her eyes land on mine for a second, then she fixes her gaze on Theodore.

'I want to ask you something', she states.

I observe his face as their conversation goes further.

'Of course, go ask', he nods.

'Would you come with me to the Slug Club party?', she speaks slowly and I can feel her stare at the back of my head. I feel the heat running up my body. My ears start burning.

Theodore is not surprised, but something beyond that and I am absolutely furious about it. He doesn't even try to hide his joy.

'Uhm, yeah, of course, I will', he nods energetically.

'Cool', is what Nessa says before heading back to the girls' dorm.

I try my best to pull myself together, but all the attempts are completely useless. I am beyond mad.

'Malfoy, what do you think about this phrase?', Blaise about whom I'd totally forgotten points out at the parchment in front of him.

'I don't bloody know.'

I stand up from my seat and I can hear the faint voices of Blaise and Theodore from behind as I go Merlin knows where. Far from the dungeons, that's for sure.

Ta-daaaa! Chapter 12 is here. What do you think? Do you believe that Pansy is a nasty bish or she has a reason for her behavior?

currently on my playlist:

SEVENTEEN - Super; Eminem - Mockingbird; Agust D - Amygdala; Mia Nicolai&Dion Cooper - Burning daylight; Adele - Someone like you; J Balvin - Tu Veneno

Bye, I love you <3

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

713K 25.2K 72
"Must be tough, everyone loves you, don't they? So goddamn perfect. They don't see it but I do, Potter. I can see straight through you." "And what do...
249K 9.5K 74
"There's nothing to risk." "To 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 is to 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓴." Draco Malfoy x Reader FanFiction (6 + 7 year, Lightening Era) All characters belong to: J.K...
419 7 14
"Come on Draco! It's fun!" The young Smithstone exclaimed as she was running around in the pouring rain like a child, Malfoy chuckled at the scene as...
411 41 24
IN PROGRESS!! Natalie Potter and her twin brother Harry Potter have been living with the Dursley's from the time they were infants until now. Hogwart...