Liar

By chloelovesafi

Katherine Maybell has lived a life of lying, bullying, and keeping secrets. What happens when Alison is found... More

1 - Pilot
2 - The Jenna Thing
3 - To Kill A Mocking Girl
4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
5 - Reality Bites Me
6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
7 - The Homecoming Hangover
8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
9 - The Perfect Storm
10 - Keep Your Friends Close
11 - Moments Later
12 - Salt Meets Wound
13 - Know Your Frenemies
14 - Careful What U Wish 4
15 - If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
16 - Je Suis Une Amie
17 - The New Normal
18 - The Badass Seed
19 - A Person of Interest
20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
21 - Monsters in the End
22 - For Whom The Bell Tolls
23 - It's Alive
24 - The Goodbye Look
25 - My Name Is Trouble
26 - Blind Dates
27 - The Devil You Know
28 - Never Letting Go
30 - Save the Date

29 - Surface Tension

657 19 6
By chloelovesafi

Brown eyes looked into green as the two bodies cuddled together awoke, Katherine's eyes swollen from crying most of the night, and Jason's dark from his lack of sleep.

He had spent majority of his night comforting the brunette, neither of them knew who planted the video.

Jason had a sick feeling Noel might've known, but he could never voice that to his girl.

As Jason tried to think of who could've done that, Katherine shot up.

"Shit, shit, shit. I'm supposed to be at Hanna's like twenty minutes ago." She said, quickly grabbing a shirt from Jason's closet and throwing it on, along with some jeans she had left.

"Gotta go, love you." She said, pecking his cheek before rushing outside and to her car.

...

Katherine sat on Hanna's bed, listening to her go on and on about Caleb, but Hanna stopped as Katherine's phone rung.

"Sorry, let me get this real quick." She said, accepting the call. "Hi." Katherine said, trying to keep the smile off of her face as Hanna watched her.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Montgomery's with me tomorrow night?" Jason asked, wanting his date to be her.

"Aria's? Sure." Katherine said, trying to sound chill as she smiled brightly.

"Cool, I'll pick you up around five." Jason said, smiling himself on the other side of the phone.

Katherine shut her phone off and turned to Hanna, giddy as she tried to think about what she could wear.

...

"Katherine Maybell to the office please." The intercom said, making the brunette roll her eyes.

She walked slowly, stopping to talk to Noel before finally getting there.

"Hi, Katherine. We're doing some new counseling and I thought you'd be a good fit." Principal Hackett said, smiling at the confused girl as she raised an eyebrow.

"I don't need counseling." Katherine said.

"I think you do, at least for this sort of thing. Substance abuse." He said, grabbing a packet off of his desk and handing it to her.

"You're kidding." Katherine said, scoffing as she took the packet from him.

"No, Jason DiLaurentis offered to do this for us and you're a perfect match. You've been caught smoking on campus multiple times, you show aggression. You need this. I expect to see you go in the office in one hour. Jason will be waiting."

Katherine hid her smile at the mention of Jason, now a small part of her excited for the counseling they were forcing her to attend.

"Does Jason know I'm going?" Katherine asked.

"He's coming in here in a moment to collect the list and times each student is supposed to come in." Principal Hackett said, dismissing the girl.

...

Katherine walked into the room, trying not to laugh at the serious look on Jason's face.

"Hi." She said, leaning in to kiss him, but he moved his head so her lips met his cheek instead. "What the hell?"

"I'm not here to make out with you, Kat. I'm here to help." Jason said, genuinely concerned about the brunette.

"You're kidding." Katherine said, not wanting to actually talk about substance about with her boyfriend.

"No. I'm here to help." He said, only pushing the subject because he cared.

"You? The same guy who gave me this shit in the first place?" Katherine said, moving away from the blonde as she got defensive.

"You know that's not true." Jason said, her words stinging.

"Just because Eric and Ian did too, doesn't mean you get a free pass. You used to give me weed. God, don't you remember how we got together in the first place?"

"That's not important. That's the past." Jason said.

"The beginning of our relationship isn't important?" Katherine asked, feeling hurt as she took his words to heart.

"Shit, no. Katherine, no. Of course that's important to me." He said, trying to reach for her arm but she yanked herself away from him.

"Bullshit." Katherine said, pissed off, as she walked out of the room.

The brunette laughed as Eric and Alison's brother drunkenly worked together to roll a blunt for the girl.

Katherine giggled as they failed again until the blonde finally achieved it, putting the end in her mouth as he lit it.

"Inhale." He said, so close she could feel his breath on her.

She did as he said, keeping eye contact with the older boy.

"Now exhale." He said, smirking as the younger girl did as he said.

Ian wrapped his arm around her as they walked up to the DiLaurentis house.

Alison was out for the night, on a date with some guy she had met. The blonde girl had told her best friend all about it, telling her everything except for the boys' name.

Katherine tore apart her closet, trying to find the perfect dress for dinner at the Montgomery's. She wanted to make a good impression, the family knew her well, but they didn't know her as Jason's girlfriend yet. She needed to look good.

But she smiled as she found a lavender dress with stitched in details to make her look slimmer. She put it aside before grabbing her bag and leaving to meet at Spencer's for some coffee before school.

"Hey." Katherine said, smiling as she walked up to Spencer and Toby.

"Ready to go?" Spencer asked, grabbing her bag.

"Yeah. See you, Tobes." Katherine said.

"Bye, Kat."

The pair walked into school, seeing Emily and Aria.

"Hey, you talk to Garret yet?" Spencer asked, knowing Katherine could easily do it instead.

"Not yet. I've been slammed with practice and the new workout." Emily said.

"I can talk to him. We're friends." Katherine shrugged, seeing it as the simpler option.

"Yes." Emily said, jumping at the opportunity of it not being her.

"Wait, shit. I have dinner. Can you do it, Spence?" Katherine said, after Emily walked away.

"Oh! That's right, it's guess who's coming to dinner night!" Spencer said.

"Wait, you're coming?" Aria said, unaware that her friend had even been invited.

"With Jason." Katherine said, slightly annoyed as she thought about their fight the day before.

"Why so glum?" Spencer asked.

"We just had this fight. It's stupid." Katherine said, waving it off. "Is Ezra going?" She asked Aria.

"Yeah. It's our first baby step." Aria said, absolutely nervous.

"It's gonna go better than you think, trust me. Mr. Fitz will know them dead." Spencer said, excited for both girls.

"Wait. You said you're going with Jason?" Spencer asked.

"He was here at school and my mom invited him. It's weird." Aria said.

"Careful." Katherine hummed quietly.

...

Katherine took a deep breath as she looked in the mirror, she knew she was pretty but she didn't feel it.

She had straightened her hair and put a headband in it with small flowers coating the top. Her makeup was more natural and her dress hugged her perfectly.

She knew it was just nerves. Truthfully, she didn't fully understand why she was nervous. The Montgomery family loved her, always welcomed her with bright smiles.

But, she finally looked away from her own reflection when she heard her front door open and someone walking up the steps.

"You look beautiful, Kat." Jason said, staring in awe at his girl.

"Hi." Katherine said, pecking his lips before taking a step back.

"I'm sorry, I was being a dick." Jason said, feeling awful about their past interaction.

"It's okay. Let's go." Katherine said, grabbing his hand as they walked out her house and to his car.

He opened the door for her and waiting until she was fully in before shutting it for her.

They stopped for flowers before finally getting to Aria's house.

They walked hand in hand to the front door, Katherine ringing the doorbell while Jason held the flowers.

Katherine smiled as Aria opened the door.

"Hey. Come in." She said, looking at Jason for just a second too long.

But Katherine chose to ignore it as they stepped into the home.

"Sorry we're late." Jason said.

"No, it's fine." Aria said, as Jason handed her the flowers. "Thanks."

Ezra watched the interaction, noticing how Aria and the blonde kept their eye contact and just stared entirely too much.

He also watched as Katherine got a text on her phone, seeming too distracted with the message to notice the man by her side practically eye fucking his girl.

"It's just an old practice handle I use sometimes. It was Melissa's." Spencer said, as Alison took it from her hand.

"It will do." Alison said, getting ready to swing.

"Ali, when did you become so interested in field hockey?" Aria asked.

"I'm not." Alison said, laughing slightly. "Yet. I'm just considering my options." She said, noticing Spencer's face fall at her first response.

"You'd be a good volleyball girl." Katherine said.

"Then I'll consider that one too." Alison said, smiling at the brunette.

But then he watched as Katherine handed Jason her phone to put in his pocket and as Aria answered her own phone before walking off.

"Alison!" The girls heard Jason yell as he walked into the yard. Katherine had quickly adjusted her top, wanting the boy she admired to notice her even in his drunk state. She knew he always would, but she liked making a reason to gain herself extra attention. "Mom wants you."

"Why?" Alison asked, annoyed that her brother was barging in. 

"I don't know. She didn't say why, okay. Just go." He said, walking up to her. "I got better things to do then hunt you down."

Katherine watched as she took in his looks. He was truly perfect in her eyes.

"Like what?" Alison asked as Katherine thought of herself.

"What's this for?" Jason asked, grabbing the hockey stick from Ali's hands.

"It's for me. Give it back." She said, as Jason pulled it out of her reach. "Give it back, Jason."

"Or what?" He asked, continuing to pull it away as she tried to reach for it. Before pretending to swing it at her, causing the blonde girl to gasp and flinch back.

"Be careful!" Spencer said, sitting up straighter.

Katherine just walked the siblings interact, knowing he wouldn't actually hurt her.

Jason finally let Alison grab the stick back, smirking slightly before she fake swung on him too. But this time Katherine did stand up, knowing Ali really would hit him. She watched, nervous on what would happen as Jason caught it before it could strike him.

"Too bad. You're not gonna get a second chance, huh." Jason said, still holding the stick as he mocked his sister.

Jason and Katherine sat down across from Ezra, bored as he told his traveling stories to other guests.

But Katherine finally tuned herself back in as Jason spoke.

"You cycle?" Ezra asked him.

"Some. My first day off from college I went down the coast. Kat's not a big biker so I don't go as much as I used to." Jason said, grabbing his girlfriends hand as he mentioned her.

She smiled as him and Ezra talked some more about biking.

"We should go sometime, man." Ezra said, making Aria and Katherine look at each other.

"Totally." Jason said, seeming to like Ezra more than Katherine thought he would.

Aria walked away as the doorbell rang, confused as she hadn't expected more guests.

They all watched as the cop told Ella and Byron that Mike had been caught breaking into a house.

Katherine and Ezra watched as Aria and Jason made eye contact once more, both knowing that he had done this before.

However, neither Katherine nor Ezra liked just how much looking at each other the two would do.

Jason and Katherine laughed loudly from the couch as Aria and Ezra cleaned up the table, all the other guests already gone.

"So, who's Jason?" Ezra asked quietly, not wanting to couple to overhear him.

"He's Ali's brother." Aria said.

"No, yeah. I know that. I just didn't know he was friends with the family." Ezra said.

"Yeah, not very well. Our moms are friends." Aria said, still slightly confused on why he had actually came.

"Oh." Ezra said, only asking because he had seen the way the two had looked at each other.

"I'm gonna see go see if they want some more coffee." Aria said, walking into the living room. "Want some more?"

"Sure." Jason said, holding out their cups for Aria.

Katherine watched as their eyes spoke words they couldn't say out loud.

"Ezra, join the party." Katherine said, detaching herself from her boyfriend as she went to get the older guy.

"I'm cleaning, Katherine." Ezra said, not really wanting to watch Aria and Jason make eyes at each other again.

"Well, stop." Katherine said, smiling as she pulled him into the living room where Aria and Jason were now talking quietly. "It's like a double date now!" She said, making Jason raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, right. Ezra's my boyfriend." Aria said, smiling as she stood up and reached for his hand.

Ezra smiled, feeling more confident now that Jason knew his girlfriend was unavailable.

"So, you teach at Hollis?" Jason asked, as both couples sat opposite each other, besides Aria, as she had disappeared just a minute before.

"Yes." Ezra said, nodding.

"Is that how you know Professor Montgomery?" Jason asked, making Katherine laugh.

"I taught at Rosewood High." Ezra said, not wanting to admit that to people who didn't already know.

"And you're dating Aria?" Jason asked, after nodding for a moment.

"Yes." Ezra said, clearing his throat.

"It's how I know him." Katherine said, wanting it to be just slightly less awkward in the room.

"Right, right." Jason said. "Did you have Aria?" He asked, making Ezra's eyes go wide. "In any of your classes."

"Yes. Yes, I did." Ezra said, desperately wanting Katherine to change the subject.

"They're kinda like us, J. Dating in secret." Katherine said, smiling as she laid her head in his lap.

"I wouldn't say it's the exact same." Jason said, twirling a piece of her hair.

"It's not exactly secret if you're going to dinner parties together." Ezra said.

"No, I meant from before. We were together last summer too." Katherine said, gaining more interest from Ezra.

"You two dated before?"

"Yeah, whenever I wasn't with the girls I was usually with him." Katherine said, looking up at the blonde and admiring him.

"I was just thinking you should go now." Aria said, as she came down the stairs.

"Aw, thanks!" Katherine said, laughing at how excited Aria had sounded at the idea of everyone leaving.

"All of us?" Ezra asked, hoping Aria would tell him to stay.

"Yes, please." Aria said.

"Are you sure?" Jason asked, as Katherine got up.

"My parents are gonna be home with Mike any second and it's probably a good idea that he doesn't have to deal with anyone but family right now." Aria said, in a rush to get them all out.

"Okay, I'll see you later and tell Mike if I catch him in my garage I'll beat his ass." Katherine said, grabbing Jason's hand as she held her heels in her other hand.

After Aria shut the door Jason and Ezra just looked at each other for a moment.

"Oh my god, you two have been so awkward all night. Plan your bike trip already and be cool." Katherine said, rolling her eyes as Jason ran ahead to open her door for her.

"Will do." Ezra said, beginning to walk to his own car.

"Night." Kat and Jason said together, Ezra returned it before getting into his car and speeding off.

why tf were jason and ezra actually SO awkward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.9K 74
Secrets couldn't stay buried if the dead girl didn't. Now that Alison DiLaurentis was alive and well, it was up to her friends to bring her back to R...
22.6K 461 23
We all keep secrets. Big Secrets, Little Secrets. Sometimes we share the burden and sometimes we don't. Either you do expect some crazy person to mak...
10.6K 362 36
"𝘔𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥...
7.7K 199 21
What if Alison and Courtney DiLaurentis resolved their issues years ago and are now best friends? A has come to wreak havoc on Alison's life by using...