Inked

By Nusy_idrisu

Asad Suhail is a young guy who is poetic, cold , void and always harsh to others. Life was harsh to him so wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 33

63 16 0
By Nusy_idrisu

"There is nothing more Dangerous than breaking your heart".

                                       ~Ali Gatie.

—————————————————————

Asad had resumed work in Kaduna after resting for a week amd today was going to mark his first day at work in the city of Kaduna.

He sat on his office chair and was signing through some papers when Nawal walked in.

After Anas told her everything that happened, from how they parted way and why they parted way, Anas then told her about Big boss then Kamal's collaboration with him to break Asad.

Nawal could not help but feel bad for Asad and she promised Anas to be there for Asad.

She was his savior after all and she was going to save Asad and fix the special bond they shared.

"Good morning Mr Asad"... she addressed him formally as she kept him a cup of iced coffee on his table.

Asad rose his head up and stared at Nawal .

He thought he was dreaming so he closed his eyes and opened them again only to meet a pair of blue eyes staring at him and he could not help but stare back.

'Those beautiful blue eyes that made me love the rain'... he thought.

He then looked away and instantly became angry.

"What are you doing here?"....Asad asked.

"I work here now"... her reply was simple and short.

She can't just start being warm and friendly, she has to take it slowly.

"Leave my office now!".... Asad said in a low yet authoritative voice and Nawal quickly rushed out.

Asad then brought out his phone and dialed Anas' number.

As soon as Anas picked up the phone, Asad started barking into the phone.

"Is this some kind of joke to you? How many f**kimg times do you guys want to play with my feelings and my heart?"... Nawal who was close to Asad's office heard Asad say and she could not help but feel bad for Asad.

'He had to endure a lot'... she thought.

Apart from what Anas told her, she watched every news and followed every tweet about Asad and she was well aware of what his ex assistant did to him with Kamal.

She most certainly did not expect Kamal to betray Asad but then in the life that everyone lives in, you can never predict what's going to happen and you can never know what to expect when it comes to people.

They were always full of disappointment.

Anas walked pass Nawal and straight into Asad's office to go and reason with Asad.

"What is the meaning of all this?"... Asad asked Anas.

"I just recruited her, so what does this have to do with your feelings?"... Anas asked Asad knowing that Asad still had a soft spot for Nawal.

Asad did not know what to say.

"Why are you even angry that she is working here now? Do you still love her perhaps?"... Anas fired Asad with another question.

"No.. I"... Asad became quiet again.

Anas had a valid point, he did not know why he was angry.

"I can't breathe in this atmosphere, I need space"... Asad walked out of the office and walked pass Nawal.

He thought Lagos had people and the paparazzi were crazy but Kaduna's fans were just different.

"Mr Asad... Mr Asad"... he heard people chant his name as he wore on his shades.

That was a common act that he usually does in the public to hide his eyes from the harsh sun.

After wearing his shades, he fixed his leather jacket and causally walked to his car.

"Where would you like me to take you?"... the driver asked.

"Drive"... Asad just ordered.

The driver was confused but turned on the ignition of the car and drove off making the paparazzi scream with joy.

Nawal and Anas watched all this through the window.

"He is just hurt. Give him time"... Anas explained to Nawal who was sad.

After driving around the city for over 30 minutes, Asad instructed the driver to take him to his house.

He then focused on the road as the drive went smoothly.

'Why was I even angry?'... he asked himself.

'I don't love her so what was the anger for?'.

'She has even lost her beauty'... Asad said to himself but who was he kidding.

The moment he stared into her ocean blue eyes, he felt the barrier around his heart break and become warm.

"Mr Suhail, we have arrived"... the driver pulled Asad out of his chain of thoughts.

"Alright. I appreciate it"... Asad opened his door and walked out.

The main door was opened by a maid and he walked in and went straight to his Aunt's room.

He met Hiba apply make up on the dressing mirror while Aunt Nafisa was reading the Quran (the holy book used by Muslims).

"Asad you are back early"... Aunt Nafisa said.

"Good afternoon Aunt, can I talk to you"... he stood by the doorstep.

"Ohh okay"... Aunt Nafisa stood up and walked out of the room.

Meanwhile Hiba apply the final touch of her make up and brought out her ring light then set her phone on it.

She was about to shoot a new video for her blog.

She set the timer and went to her usual position.

When the timer stop, her phone started recording and she spoke.

"Hey guys, it's your favorite young black aesthetic girl...."

Asad and Aunt Nafisa walked to the living room and sat.

"What seems to be bothering you child?"... Aunt Nafisa could sense his distress.

Asad stared at her with sad eyes and decided to quote a popular poet "If what was bothering me was a piece of paper, I would tear it. If it was a bottle I would break it. If it was a wall , I would tear it down , but... it is my heart".

Aunt Nafisa felt bad for Asad.

"Tell me Aunt, how do I get rid of this heart of mine that is always hurting."... He then placed his hand on his chest where his heart was located.

"Learn to forgive and forget. There are some thoughts and memories that are not worth holding on too"... She advised him.

"And the also trust your creator, trust Allah (God). He is putting you through trials because he loves you. Trust him and be patient okay. Every thing will be okay"... Aunt Nafisa said in addition.

Asad nodded and spoke.

"Nawal is now working in my company. Anas recruited her"....he looked at her with pained eyes.

"Do you still love her?"... She asked him.

Asad parted his lips to speak but nothing came out but in his heart, he knew what his answer was.

"No"... he masked everything up with a blank face.

"Asad..." Aunt Nafisa called out.

Asad rose to his feet and spoke "I am going to take Hiba out"... he stated and left the living room.

Just then Nafisa's phone rang.

It was Shabbar again.

She rolled her eyes and declined his call yet again.

He has been in her neck for a while and she was getting tired of shutting him down.

Like can't he leave her alone. She was not interested.

Asad descended down the stairs with angry Hiba.

"What is making this one frown?"... Aunt Nafisa asked.

"Mama... he..he spoiled my video"... She wanted to cry.

Aunt Nafisa looked at Asad who acted innocent then back at Hiba who looked like she was going to explode.

"Asad why did you spoil her video"...Aunt Nafisa asked Asad.

Asad shrug. " I told her to come so that we can go and get ice cream and she refused so i just turned off her ring light and took her phone".

"Noo.. he deleted the video I took decades to practice and edit"... Hiba whined like a little girl.

"I am sorry, let's go and get ice cream, as much as you want".. Asad knew Hiba was a foodie.

"I want pizza too"... She pouted.

Aunt Nafisa chuckled due to this.

"Okay , it is settled. We will get pizza as well. What else?"... he asked.

He just wanted to clear his mind and not think about Nawal.

He did not love her and staying with Hiba will help him forget her for awhile.

"I want to drive and go racing and shopping too and I want to buy new make up"... she pouted like a little child.

"I thought you bought make up yesterday with the driver?"...Asad asked.

"Uhmm... I want more, it is not enough"... she sounded so humble as she spoke.

Asad shook his head and stared at Aunt Nafisa.

"What a daughter you have"... he commented and pulled out two car keys from his pocket.

He gave Hiba one and held one.

"Let's go shopping for your Barbie kit and stuff and feed you then we can race"...Asad declared making Hiba squeal.

The duo left Aunt Nafisa and got into their cars.

They both roared the life out of their cars and drove out.

They raced to the shopping mall and Hiba arrived first.

She was so happy and Asad could not help but smile revealing his dimples.

They walked in and Asad carried a basket for her.

He carried the biggest one there cause he knew taking Hiba for shopping meant he was going to spend a lot.

That girl had no mercy for his money.

She kept on picking what so ever she saw and liked and all Asad could do was watch and follow her behind.

It started off as a joke then Asad watched her fill the first basket.

He placed it close to the cashier and carried another big one and watch her resume from where she stopped.

After filling the fifth (5th) basket , she heaved a sigh.

"I think I will be able to manage this"... she stated to Asad.

"You think?"... he knitted his eyebrows together.

"Yeahh... I mean I am already hungry so let us stop here"... she smiled as they made their way to the cashier.

The billing of all the items took about 30 minutes.

Hiba peaked and saw the amount and cost of everything and almost screamed.

The cashier mentioned the price to Asad and Asad simply nodded.

He removed bundle of cash from his pocket and handed it to the cashier to count.

"Sir you made a mistake and added fifty thousand naira extra"... The cashier said to Asad.

Asad shrugged "Keep it as change and also get someone to pack all this"... he said and walked out with Hiba.

"Time to eatttttt"... she ran to her car and watch some of the workers bring all her items to her car.

Once they were done, Hiba made them go to an expensive restaurant and as usual, Asad booked a VIP lounge for them.

He could not eat in the public.

The paparazzi would irritate him.

The waiter handed both him and Hiba a menu each and waited for them to decided what they were going to eat.

"A plate of rice is ten thousand naira"... Hiba said and watched to see Asad's reaction.

"Okay. The price is fair. Just order what ever you want as for me , I just want a cup of iced coffee".... He replied.

Hiba was so happy she had a rich cousin like Asad.

Money and spending was never a problem for billionaires less talk of a multi-billionaire like Asad.

She doesn't know why he is always moody with all the money he had.

If she was him, she doesn't think she will ever stop smiling cause money definitely brings happiness.

Hiba ordered so much that she could not finish it but nevertheless Asad paid a bill of three hundred thousand then the duo drove to a park to while away time and race.

That evening....

Asad had already taken Hiba home so he went to the office to check who was still around and met Nawal taking a walk home.

He parked his car and watched her walk to a hotel.

'Is she going to sleep with another man or something?'... the thought squeezed Asad's heart and he quickly turned on his ignition and drove home.

'Bloody whore'... he cursed as he walked into his room.

***

The following day....

Asad walked into the company and met Nawal chatting with some men who also worked in the company.

The sight triggered something within Asad and he did not know when he called out her name.

All the men turned around and so did Nawal.

They all met an angry boss.

"My office, now!"... he ordered and worked away.

Nawal seemed confused but quietly followed him.

Anas watched this with a mischievous smile but said nothing to this.

'Somebody is getting jealous'... he hummed inward and continued with his work.

Asad did not know where this sudden anger was coming from but he knew he most certainly did not like seeing Nawal associating herself with other guys.

The sight was just driving him crazy.

As soon as they entered the office, Asad jerked her up and pinned her to the wall.

"Why can't you just stay away from these men Nawal. God!"... he released her.

Nawal was surprised but said nothing to this.

She fought back the urge to smile at his jealousy.

"They are my co-workers"... Nawal said like it was no big deal.

Well... she knew she did not do anything and that is why she did not bother.

"Get me a cup of coffee"... Asad walked far ways from her and walked to his seat then watched Nawal walk away.

She walked in shortly returned with a cup of ice coffee and watch him stare at her with those eyes of him.

She smiled and all of a sudden, his anger disappeared.

Her smiled warmed his heart and just like that, she cat walked out.

'I don't love her, let her go and do as she pleases'... Asad said to himself then sipped his coffee.

'It takes as terrible as her beauty'... he angrily took another sip.

Asad thought working with Nawal would be easy but then as days started going by, Nawal presented herself to look more and more beautiful.

She did not apply any make up , she was never a fan of it. All she took with her each day was her kohl eyes and elegant clothes and that beautiful smile of hers.

A lot of male workers were fund of her and Nawal always spent time with them just to make Asad jealous and it was working.

When the male workers noticed that Asad had a soft spot for Nawal, they slowly backed off.

Anas noticed that Nawal was giving Asad a hard time and was extremely happy about that.

The girl had class and was someone who always had her head up no matter what.

She loved to play hard to get and that was exactly what she was doing to Asad.

Nawal just finish arranging the files that Anas handed to her and walked out of the company.

She was so tired and just wanted to go and sleep.

She walked to the street and all of a sudden it's started raining heavily.

Asad who usually watches Nawal go home saw her standing in the rain and decided to go and meet her.

He met her walking back into the company but she did not acknowledge his presence and did not know when she bumped into him.

She hit his chest and was about to fall but Asad caught her.

He stared at her wet hair and wet body and slowly helped her up.

"Umbrella and walking in the rain?"... he asked her and she nodded.

He wanted to walk her home , he miss doing that and now that he got the opportunity , he did not want to miss it for the world.

He already knew the way to her hotel. He has been watching she walked home for almost a month now.

He quietly intertwined their hands and walked her to her hotel with an umbrella above their head.

Big boss and Shabbar who have been keeping an eye on Asad noticed this.

They came to Kaduna with Karima a few weeks back and have been planning their next evil step towards Asad.

"Trust me big boss, he still like that girl, more than he has ever liked Aneesa"... Shabbar said to big boss as they say in the car.

Big boss hummed in response "Bring her over to our place, let's see how we can collaborate with her. If she fails or refuses to join us then we will eliminate her".

Shabbar nodded and the duo patiently waited for Asad to walk back to his car and leave.

When they were sure that Asad was out of sight, they drove to Nawal's hotel and Shabbar walked into the hotel and straight to Nawal's room.

He knocked and patiently waited for her to opened the door.

Nawal , who has changed into their pajamas opened the door and instantly felt Shabbar put a cloth in her nose causing her to become dizzy and pass out.

Shabbar then entered her room and dragged her through the window.

He threw her through the window while Big boss caught her and then he jumped down as well and they headed towards big boss mansion.

After exactly 12 hours, Nawal woke up and found herself in an unfamiliar room.

She stared at the room but still could not recognize it.

She then saw someone walk out of the dark and stared at her.

She gasped as she stared at Big boss.

"Hello my name is Big bo—" he was caught off guard my Nawal who embraced him in a bone crushing hug.

"Daddy"... she cried out.

She then pulled out her father's picture from her pocket and saw the man in the picture standing right in front of her.

She could not believe her eyes.

She had finally found her father at long last and he was alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 821 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
19.7K 1K 59
Heyy. ✌🏼Islamic story. Two broken souls are meant to be together but only Allah knows, will they heal mend their heart or completely destroy them...
768K 28.9K 34
Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 2018 All her life, Mariam Waseem had been t...
113K 7K 25
**Part of Preloved Series- Can be read as a stand-alone** You don't have to read Preloved in order to read this book. You can read this story on its...