Seize Her And....

By chakrabortypuja94

"You have intertwined our destinies. You involved her into this mess from the beginning of it all and now it'... More

Introduction
Chapter : 1. Where Is He?
Chapter : 3 The Arrival
Chapter : 4 Little Brother.
Chapter : 5 Mrinalini.
Chapter : 6 Erased.
Chapter : 7
Chapter : 8
Chapter : 9
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter :18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Author's Note.
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
Chapter : 32

Chapter : 2 Vulcānus.

512 41 9
By chakrabortypuja94

"The speculations about the possible arrival of Vulcan, the famous photographer from Switzerland, has thrown the artist section of India into a state of conflict. Where his fans and admirers are on cloud nine, another section of artists are finding it unnecessary to invite a photographer from a different country, to judge the annual National Portrait Photography competition. Needless to say, the majority will be extremely happy and proud to have him on board." The reporter from the news channel goes on.

The television is set right at the center of a glass wall of a huge room. The room, surrounded by two huge glass walls, is thoroughly filled with easels and canvases. Some of them are empty, while some of them are filled with multiple colors. One particular is being filled right now. The painting, though, seems quite similar to most of the other paintings : a curly haired woman, in a saffron saree, looking straight at the painter through her hazel eyes. The eyes are teary in some of the paintings but what remains unchanged is the mesmerizing smile on her face. The man standing infront of the canvas gives a stroke of expertise in the background of his subject, when a knock on the door to that room resonates through the silence. His focus breaks and his grey eyes move upwards to the door, eyebrows furrowed.

"Not now David." He utters, ready to dive back into the parallel universe he has created for himself and undoubtedly loves to stay there for most of the time.

"Okay sir, but because you said it's urgent, I've gathered almost every information I could, about your brother, that is. I am leaving the file on the table here. Have a good day sir." David says, raising his voice a little and leaves. The man places the brush infront of the canvas and straightens his muscled body. His face, that is nothing but a copy of his twin brother Daivik, hardens. His disheveled hair, his grey eyes on top of his black vest, make him look more like an art himself. He very cautiously walks out of the painting room as if the file could contain a wild animal inside it.

He takes the file then makes his way to the nearest sofa and plops down. The more he turns the pages the more his expression hardens. Finally when he is done, he places the file beside him while running his free hand over his face and mumbles,

"Seems like there are more similarities between us than the mere grey eyes little brother. And I am not happy about it! I can't let you become another me, another Ritwik Raj Nagpati. I won't."

¤¤¤¤¤

"Mr. Olsson, you sure he won't want to meet me inside an office or something?" A man at his mid twenties asks the man who is driving the car through the beautiful roads of Switzerland. The man in the driver's seat gives the first man a heartwarming smile while shaking his dark blond hair.
"Don't worry Mr. Nadella, I know my boss pretty well to know he would've despised talking to you confined within his office chambers. He has some weird likings and choices. You need to learn about those as fast as you can. Vulcan is tough to handle." The man addressed as Mr. Olsson, says. To this Mr. Nadella gives a panicked expression.

"Oh, don't worry so much and please cut the formality, we'll be seeing each other a lot now. Here, I am Leo, Leo Olsson, as you already know." Leo extends one of his hands for a shake and the other man hesitantly takes that.

"Purnit Nadella. Nice meeting you Leo." Purnit says, giving a close lipped smile.

"You're not very friendly, are you?" Leo asks, now focusing on the road ahead.

"I won't say that, I would rather say I am a little picky. It takes time for me to make friends." Purnit smiles, genuinely. He was about to say something when the car stops infront of a beautiful open landscape.

"Here?! I have to talk to him here?" Purnit asks, looking extremely surprised.

"Only if he wishes to talk. He is an extremely moody person, a ticking bomb to be precise. You have to be careful around him. But after a few days you'll be used to with it." Saying so Leo gets out of the car and starts walking towards the waterfall.

"How do you know he'll be here?" Purnit asks, looking extremely curious.

"Oh, that's easy. He schedules his spots for photoshoots the day before. You'll mostly know how and where to find him." Leo explains while walking.

"But this area is huge. How would you find him?" Purnit asks Leo.

"I'll not. Now is the time when I finally give him a call. That's how it works." Saying so he fishes out his cell phone from inside his pocket and puts the cell phone on his ear.

"Vulcan, Mr. Purnit Nadella is here." That's it, he puts his cell phone back in his pocket.

"We'll be walking towards that tree over there." Smiling, Leo says while moving forward. Purnit finds all this extremely weird but says nothing.

¤¤¤¤¤

A tripod stands before the huge tree, holding an expensive looking camera and an intervalometer attached to it. The camera is facing the waterfall and the open sky behind it, capturing the time and its utmost beauty.

A tall figure is lying underneath the tree. His calloused veiny hand is placed across his face that is covered by his brown leather jacket. His dark shredded jeans complements his black t-shirt. Purnit stands beside Leo, struggling to understand the lying man infront of him. Is this supposed to be Vulcan? The Vulcan? Because this man seems to give no shit about his own reputation.

Leo clears his throat before uttering,
"Vulcan, are you awake?"

"Did you not talk to me a minute ago? Yes, I am awake Leo." The man utters, removing his hand from his face and Purnit gets to see the most hollow and scary pair of eyes he has ever seen in his entire life. The man sits up. His shoulder length curly hair is tied back into a man bun, his face is covered in a full grown beard, as if he hasn't shaved for years. His sharp nose stands out proudly. However the most striking feature should be the tattoo across the side of his wrist : Vulcānus along with his grey eyes and his thick furrowed eyebrows. He looks tired, his eyes have bags under them, as if he has been devoid of sleep for ages.

"Yes boss, that's my bad. This, here is Mr. Purnit Nadella. He has been assigned for your trip to India. I would be accompanying you as well, but someone who knows the country is always an advantage." Leo explains, without stuttering. But Purnit keeps looking at the man in awe, because when the National Educational Institute of Photography assigned him for assisting the world famous Vulcan, he thought that he would meet some Swiss fellow. But here he is standing infront of a man who certainly looks Indian. How come nobody knows about it?

"India is my country as well Leo. I know my country like the back of my hand and I hope you haven't forgotten that. However, it's generous of them to send some assistance." Vulcan says and turns to Purnit.
"Mr. Nadella, I hope Leo has briefed you about my schedules. I trust Leo, so I know if he is taking you seriously, you have to be good. That's that. We start our journey tomorrow night." With that the man stands up, flexing his stout muscles. Now as he stands up, he looks nothing less than a God, but his face says a totally different story. It's nothing but a promise of bringing the hell down to earth. As if he is trying hard to suppress an emotion, an emotion close to rage by his rugged look.

"Will you be eating here or at the office boss?" Leo asks cautiously.

"I lost my appetite. Give the food to someone else, or you eat it yourself." Vulcan answers, setting his camera in a different angle, for another time lapse.

"You didn't have your breakfast Vulcan." Leo insists. This man certainly cares for him, otherwise who would dare to cross him after looking at his face and why? Surely he won't, Purnit thinks to himself.

"Which part of 'I lost my appetite' did you not understand Leo?" He asks while working on the camera and Leo sighs.

"I already ate sir, so I am leaving it here. If you feel like eating, please do. I'll be taking my leave now." Leo and Purnit turns around but not before noticing the cold side glance Vulcan gives Leo. Leo knows him and he knows how to deal with him as well, that's where his advantage lies.

¤¤¤¤¤
"He is Indian." Purnit states, still surprised.

"Yes he is and you aren't allowed to disclose his identity. That's a clause in our agreement." Leo explains looking ahead.

"But why? Like what can happen if someone discloses his true identity? Is he hiding something?" Purnit asks looking truly curious.

"Woh woh! Calm down man. He is simply a very private person. He doesn't love mingling up with people and also hates dealing with the paparazzi. That's that." Leo says glancing at Purnit.

"But it's not easy to settle down in a totally different country. How coul..." Purnit fails to complete his words, as Leo's words interrupt.

"He is handpicked by the great Vincent Bucher himself. He joined as an intern once but that's where and when Vincent became his Godfather. What else do you want to know?" Leo stops the car and looks at Purnit with a stern look, who looks pale all of a sudden. That's when Leo adds,

"I hope you have seen his works before coming here. He deserves to be Vincent's Vulcan, because trust me when I say he is a God when it comes to photography." Leo nods and gets out of the car.

And that Purnit knew.

¤¤¤¤¤

Hearing the calling bell a teenage girl runs towards the door, leaving the book on the floor. As she opens the door it reveals an olive skinned woman in her office attire. Her head is inclined towards her shoulder supporting the cell phone, as she talks. Both of her hands hold two bags filled with vegetables and other necessary groceries. Seeing her, the girl immediately takes the bags from her hands and she enters the cozy flat.

"No maa, I didn't. That's really audacious of him, if he did that." Pihu utters and waits for her mother to say her part and then she replies,
"You see marrying someone as the ultimate solution of someone's problematic life. I don't see it that way. I like Dashis as my boss but I don't think I would ever like him as my husband. Please don't force me on that. Rather tell me how papa is doing? Taking his meds on time?" She asks while washing her feet.

"Fine then. I'll see you next month I guess." She utters coming out of the washroom and plopping down on her couch.

"Yes Brinda is doing well. I admitted her mother in the Wingland last week. She will get better, the doctor said so." She says pouring herself a glass of water.

"Yes. If papa says, I'll get married to anyone. Happy? Now spare me please. Good night." She disconnects the call and drinks the water when her eyes fall on the book lying on the floor beside her. She bends down and picks it up.

"Brinda.." She calls and the girl comes out of the kitchen wiping her hand with a hand towel.

"Yes didi?" She asks.

"What have I told you about using the sofa while reading? Stop sitting on the floor. Use the sofa. This needs to be used as well, isn't it? I stay out the whole day, who else remains at home other than you? So, make use of everything available in this house, yes?" She asks giving her a smile. The girl smiles back and nods her head.

"Dinner is ready didi. I'll serve." She says.

"Yes, let me freshen up and also I hope you remember, your college starts tomorrow? You need to go to bed early." She says and moves inside her cozy bedroom.

Brinda keeps looking at her retreating figure with grateful eyes.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja.

First Published on : 22nd April 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1K 15
Rua Katariya X Mrityunjay Rana Contract Marriage Grumpy x Grumpy "To the one who thinks love is delusional" ____________________________________...
2.4M 104K 70
'Are you afraid, do I scare you, baby girl'? He asked me in a sturdy accent And all I could do is nod in affirmation, as I lay on the bed trembling u...
37.9K 3.1K 42
Manik Malhotra - A worldwide famous Bollywood megastar & a business magnet. He has it all from godly looks to unimaginable riches & everything one ca...
3.8M 73.5K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...