My Lost Soul

By RealMadao

On a different Earth, a nuclear accident in the midst of WW3 spreads radiation throughout the world, leaving... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Fury
Chapter 2 - Relations
Chapter 3 - A Close Kept Fire
Chapter 4 - But a Distant Truth
Chapter 5 - 30 Minutes
Chapter 6 - A Wish
Chapter 7 - Eye of The Tiger
Chapter 8 - The Man of Truth
Chapter 9 - The Concealed Injustice
Chapter 10 - Spade Mask
Chapter 11 - A Conversation
Chapter 12 - You Are Special
Chapter 13 - Chameleon and Snake
Chapter 14 - Wish I Could Understand
Chapter 15 - New Allies, New Mysteries
Chapter 16 - A Leap in the Dark
Chapter 17 - Your Shadow
Chapter 18 - Conquer Your fEAR
Chapter 19 - Heroic Flames
Chapter 20 - Fate's Hands
Chapter 21 - Old, Red Spider Lily
Chapter 22 - Love the White Noise!
Chapter 23 - JanuEri in April
Chapter 24 - Way of the World
Chapter 25 - The Playroom
Chapter 27 - Artificial Blood
Chapter 28 - Protecting
Chapter 29 - Operation Ghostbusters?
Chapter 30 - Unknown Love
Chapter 31 - Hunter's Hunt
Chapter 32 - War Machines
Chapter 33 - Yonai
Chapter 34 - Glees Turner
Chapter 35 - Councilman Dillemma
Chapter 36 - Alcatrat
Chapter 37 - The Best of Three
Chapter 38 - The Third Sky
Chapter 39 - "Lans"
Chapter 40 - Two Sides to Every Coin
Chapter 41 - How It Came to Be
Chapter 42 - The Black Stained Curtain
Chapter 43 - A Fitting Grave
Chapter 44 - What is. . . Happening?
Chapter 45 - Thank You, My Soul
Chapter 46 - Omega's Curse
Chapter 47 - Assessing Damages
Chapter 48 - Our Realities
Chapter 49 - Soul is Alive
Chapter 50 - Asura's Ego

Chapter 26 - High Value

2 0 0
By RealMadao

The explosion sounded through the floor, and it trembled as Enjō ate, making him drop his food.
"Oh come on! What is it now, the engine blow up or something?" People all over the passenger level began to panic.
"Nope, it's something else, or rather, someone." Uyama stood up, still rocking from the rumble of the explosion. "Well, we gotta go check it out, don't we?"

Omega nodded and followed Enjō and Uyama to the cafeteria, where the passengers poured out.  Once they all cleared out, all that was left was the yelling of the grisly-looking pirates. They were dressed in beige and puffy suits, their faces covered with gas masks.
"Take all the stuffs ya can!" One of them shouted, "Help 'em out, Jangle!" The trays of food were being shoved into a bag that a girl was carrying.

"Pirates with a girl? Hey, what're you doing with that kid?!" Uyama shouted, hushing up the room. The pirates all stared at them. One of them stepped up and sighed. "The kid's with us. Don't make us have to kill you three, cuz we didn't come to take y'all's stupid life's." Uyama felt spit hit his face.
Enjō ignored the pirate in his face and turned his attention to the kid, "Ay kid, you alright? These guys took you from your parents or something?"
The kid looked down, the bag in her hand slumping. The pirate in their face turned around to talk to her, "Hey, Daina. Look at me," he knelt down to her level and whispered, "You wanna help your family, dont'cha? You just keep stuffing in the food and we'll have enough for a long time, great, right?"

"Grooming pirates." Enjō blurted out and pointed at them. All of the pirates gasped and stopped shoving food into the bag.
The pirate's arms tensed up and he grit his teeth. "You're so fucking dead, boy! That's my daughter you're talking about!" Enjō's mouth made an 'o', "Jangle, my mace!" The pirate pointed to the bag she was holding. She opened the bag and held it out to the captain.
"Just how big is that bag?" Omega asked as a large, worn mace revealed itself from the bag. He ran at Enjō, swinging the mace with the ease of swinging a stick. As the mace met Enjō's breath, fire seemed to seep out of his pores as he flinched in place. The fire engulfed the mace, melting it immediately. The nearly molten metal dripped down in front of Enjō from the mace's pole. "Eh, sorry about that..." Enjō mumbled as he The pirate captain's jaw trembled as he lowered the stick.

"So, how about you just give up the food?" Uyama smirked, "Oh, and give yourselves up for that matter. You wouldn't want a fight right in front of your daughter, right?"
The pirate looked back his daughter, her bag was covering her face ever since he pulled the mace out.
"I don't know, Uyama..." Omega spoke up, "They don't seem to have bad intentions. They haven't taken any luxuries, they've only taken food. It's hard to call them pirates."
While the pirates seemed to be insulted by it, the captain's expression softened.
"Maybe not..." Uyama scratched his beard and inspected the captain closely, "Good call, kid. You're an interesting fella indeed."
"We're letting them go? What about the kid?" Enjō whispered into Uyama's ear.

"He wasn't lying, and I understand their reasoning now. They used to live on the Tugst islands before they were mostly destroyed. I've heard of them on land too, they're infamous for being 'radio freaks'." Uyama whispered back and Enjō furrowed his brow. "Basically, they're not accepted in JanuEri or Shacia."
Enjō stroked his imaginary beard and whispered, "Couldn't they just go to Eleftwald?"
Uyama nodded and looked at Omega, "Oh man, I got some heavy-duty thinkers on this team, don't I?"

"Get back to work, men." The captain walked back to his group, his head hung over his neck. Daina lowered the bag, revealing a worried look on her face.
"Hey, captain!" Uyama shouted, stopping him in his place, "Have you ever heard of Eleftwald?" The captain turned his head and eyed Uyama.
"It's a country to the east of here, you could get there if you go past the little territory that Shacia has there."

"I remember that territory. We tried to go into it, but they wouldn't let us."

"Just sneak past it, it's not too hard if you really think about it. You'll be safe there, and you won't have to worry about radiation."

"Sneak past it...?" The captain turned back to his crew, which lit up with eagerness. "Uh, guess that wouldn't be so bad." The captain reached his hand out to Uyama, "Thank you for your advice, but if this gets us killed, we're coming back to haunt you ourselves." Uyama shook his hand and laughed nervously with the captain.

"But wait, the rest of my crew must be pillaging stuffs from the engine. The crew and I'll go round 'em up." The captain bowed, taking his leave until a raspy voice rang out.

"No! Don't go down there!" Kuro appeared out of thin air next to the cafeteria door. Omega glanced at him, noticing the desperate, dark, look in his eyes.
"Kuro, again? You really wanna stick around, huh?" Enjō said in a condescending tone. Kuro groaned and pointed at the pirates, "If you're going down there, just let me go instead. I can bring the rest of your people faster." The pirate captain looked at his crew, and they all nodded. "The place looked creepy anyway, so thank ya, young man."

Kuro ignored him and turned invisible, leaving the room.

———

Machida rushed at the pirates—who were now on the ground— and pressed his gun to their necks, "Why aren't you fighting back?!" He pressed the gun even further in, "I thought you were pirates!" Machida tapped the trigger as he sweat profusely. Damn it, it's harder than I thought. Machida got off of the pirates and returned his hand to normal. I have to go save the people abo-
His thoughts were interrupted by Kuro's slithering. "Machida, everyone on the passenger level is okay. Uyama and them, they pacified the pirates. The other kid is more important right now."

Machida winced as he thought of Kitt's words. Scared? Anyone would be scared, seeing that. Without a word, Machida walked past the snake and went down the stairs.

———

Kitt slammed his hand on the 'Playroom' door, I can't fucking open it! No matter what I do, I can't get in!
Kitt tried to glitch through the door, but was repulsed back onto the ground. He slammed his fists onto the metal floor again, leaving bruises on his knuckles. I can't do a single thing! They're right in front of me, just past the damn door and I have to watch their lives just fade?! Kitt pulled his curly brown hair, feeling strands start to pluck out.

"Kitt, did you knock them out again?" Machida walked in behind Kitt.
"That's not what matters, General. I know who's fault this is, who did this."
Machida knelt down in front of him, looking Kitt in the eyes.

"You were right. You were right the whole damn time. It's Steele." Kitt looked at him, his lip bleeding from his bites. "We're working for him, that freak!"
Machida sighed, "You tried breaking the door down, your knuckles are bleeding." He looked back at the door, "There's nothing we can do right now, we have to go."

Machida and Kitt walked in silence to the staircase, where Kuro was waiting, leaning on the wall.
"So, are you going to tell the Omega?"

"No, I can't guarantee his reaction won't put people in danger. Plus, he doesn't need that for himself right now." Machida tiredly leaned on the railing as he climbed the stairs, Kitt followed with his hands in his pocket.

"He doesn't know what he wants to do in his life, you know. If you tell him, he may have an idea."

"And why would I do that? Omega or not, a man's journey is decided by themself. Plus, a path of hatred like that only leads to more bastards to deal with. Now shut up." Machida sucked his teeth, to which Kuro disappeared yet again.

The pirates left the Gila and everything returned to normal, aside from the guards.

———

"Why is it so important that I have guards in every room?" Steele asked, sitting on his couch. Dawa, who was talking to the guards, turned to him with a jiggle of his chin.
"You're of high value, and many people seek high value targets. Even I am not a high value target." Dawa responded smugly.

There was a short silence, as Steele gazed at Dawa, book in hand, "There's something about you that irritates me, Dawa, honestly." Dawa perks up, his tucked in belly fat spilling out of his pants, "Don't take it to heart, though. There's no one in in this world without a shred of irritability. Now please, leave my room, everyone. The guards too."

Dawa's face constricted, trying to hide any sort of aggression. "You are a remarkably candid person, Mr. Steele. If that's what you truly want, then so be it." President Dawa and the guards left the room, and Steele laid down on the bed. "Let's see what's new, shall we..?"
Steele turned on the TV and flipped channels until he came to a news anchor on Abadd. He stretched his body around the bed as he listened.
"Just a couple of days ago, a plane going from Eleftwald to Abadd was temporarily hijacked by two unknown, apparently unaffiliated criminals. There is suspicion that the reason was because Izaak Mandel, a politician that's running for leader of Abadd, was on board. Due to the lack of inside access, we can only confirm that Mandel is alive and well, and most likely to undergo his run very soon."

Steele smiled coyly, "Izaak might be an exception." He laughed, "I can just imagine Sheba's reaction. "Idiot, you scared me! You can't do something like that without telling me!"" He imitated her in a high voice. He rested his head on his palm as he looked at the time. 9:20. The Gila must've returned by now, meaning I should definitely get some rest. He thought as he covered himself with the covers and turned off the TV. Minutes passed and Steele was just about to fall asleep when he heard a shuffle outside the door.

Steele groaned, "I'm not to be alone for even a moment, huh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 11K 27
In his former life, Sun Bohai was an omega who couldn't reproduce. Since society believed that an omega's only function was to reproduce, it was genu...
54K 1.9K 61
[The Abnormal Alpha]:(Fiction):[BL] [Written By]:[DTaleD] [Editing]: [Complete] [Updating]: [Complete] [Chapters]: [Complete] [Summary] _____________...
157K 8.8K 75
[COMPLETED] NOT EDITED! "Its snow" "You love snow?" "No,snow ma-makes me cold and no food" " "From this snow you will get warmth and food, not only...
8.2K 411 17
His family had thrown him away as a baby. Packs despised him. Alpha's used him. It wasn't his fault that he didn't shift to a wolf. He had the gene's...