Eighteen Minus (COMPLETED)

By Yours_Nidhi

(Apart Series - Book 6) Thank you for the beautiful cover Shiviious ❤️ Vanshika Khanna has everything in her... More

Introduction
Prologue- Teaser - Please give me another chance!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Reader's Love ❤️
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Note - New Schedule
Chapter 9
Aesthetics
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
✨IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ✨
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Prologue - Teaser - You hurt so good!!!🥹💔
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Final

Chapter 12

4.8K 513 183
By Yours_Nidhi

VANSHIKA

'Mangalur...Mangalur...Mangalur!!!' fell onto my ears and I slowly opened my eyes as I could hear the sound of footsteps rushing down the bus and I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight looking outside the big glass window. I could see red and white busses and I immediately realised I was at the KSRTC Bus station. I picked my duffle bag and slowly managed to get down from the bus. It was still early in the morning. I looked at my watch and it was still 7 in the morning.

I wanted my morning cup of tea. I looked for the small shop that was selling tea and decided to walk towards them only to realise a lot of eyes that were looking at me. I suddenly realised I was still in the heavy designer lehenga choli and although I had left all the jewellery along with the letter, I still wore this dress which is a bridal wear and was screaming out loud and the henna in my hands was also giving it away that I was a bride. A runaway bride to be precise.

I noticed a bunch of men giving me creepy smiles and discussing something amongst themselves and I started feeling uncomfortable. I tried to stay at the platform to be sure I'm always in the middle of the crowd but people were leaving and the bunch of men weren't. I was getting scared and that's when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. My heart dropped. But I wasn't someone who wouldn't put up a fight. So I pulled my rose gold steel watch and circled it around my fingers.

Before the man could take another step in one go I turned around and launched a punch onto the person's nose but the man raised his head and the punch landed on his chin and my eyes widened the minute I heard a 'Yappppaaaaaa!!!' and I cringed as I realised the owner of the voice.

Ouch!!! I'm ruthless.

'Yenchina Saav marayti!!!(What the hell lady!!!)' Karthik groaned in pain as his chin started bleeding and the watch fell from my hands and I closed my mouth with my palms. Damn it!!!

'Sorry Tikki!!!' I said softly only to hear the bunch of men laughing out loudly as they boarded their bus. That's when I noticed their jerseys, those were college kids. Freaking!!! I think I must stop watching Lavanya's tv serials. They are so dramatic and so regressive.

'Thanks Anna(brother)' he thanked the shopkeeper as he bought himself a glass of cold water while he washed the cut that was still bleeding thanks to my punch.

'Tikki please...I'm so sorry...I got scared dude!!! You know everyone was looking at me.' I kept repeating like a parrot. I was feeling really guilty seeing him groaning in pain. My overthinking had got him in trouble yet another time.

He shot me a look he covered the wound with his handkerchief and said
'Shikanji this is the standard you!!! Initially when I saw you in this gaudy green yakshagana costume (local folk dance form) I was completely confused but now I know it's you!!!' he said and I narrowed my eyebrows looking at my lehenga.

'Its worth 8-10 lakhs rupees!!! It's designed by The Aaryan Sehgal!!!' I said when he rolled his eyes saying

'Then the kid needs to learn stitching clothes. Kgs of clothing wasted yet why is the back of this dress missing? What is it? He forgot to stitch it or had he wasted all the extra clothing in the kilometres long trail which is practically sweeping our beautiful KSRTC Bus stand? Looks like sweepers can relax for the day. You have mostly done the job!!!' he said and I raised an eyebrow saying

'Look Tikki!!! Don't annoy me!!! I'm already irritated and I'm hungry and I didn't have my morning tea. You know what happens if I don't have my early morning tea!!!' I say and he gulps. He slowly caresses his chin and nods.

We don't wait further and we decide to go to a nearby breakfast place. After relishing my morning cup of tea, Tikki gets is some Mangalorean delicacies like Buns-Dalitove (Pooris made from flour and banana with lentil soup), Pundi-Gassi (rice flour dumplings with spicy coconut curry with vegetables), Semige-Sambar (rice noodles with sambhar), Moode-Chutney (idli batter steamed in screw pine leaves served with coconut chutney).

We were so hungry and the food was so delicious that we just couldn't waste time on talking, after all my Mangalorean taste buds were now used to these since last twelve years and I wasn't able to tolerate spicy food at all. Coconut had not just made its space in my heart but also in my digestive system. I still can't forget my Daadi's reaction when I sided with Bela Daadi for her cooking skills and Kisha Daadi was shocked that I found her  Sambhar spicy and inaccurate when compared to Bela Daadi. After all She had spent a major portion of her life in Udupi -Kundapura belt and whenever she cooked I missed Anita aunty's food so much.

I was busy hogging my food without the care of the world when Tikki's eyes roamed behind me. He was looking past me and staring at someone behind me. I wasn't understanding what was happening until he removed his jacket and offered me. I was confused when he asked me to wear it. That's when I realised the looks the men behind me were giving me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

'Now that is classic Aloo Tikki!!! Isn't it?' I asked and he raised his eyebrows challenging me and I giggled. Suddenly his phone started ringing and he got busy on the call. Suddenly his expressions changed into tensed ones. I saw him pressing his forehead.

Soon he disconnected the call and he asked me to get onto the car. I didn't argue as he looked really worried. He started driving towards Surathkal but on our way he stopped his car infront of a shopping mall. I was confused.

I wasn't understanding a word until we entered the shop that was selling Burkha. I looked at him when he asked the salesman to get a burkha for me. The man looked at me and then looked at Karthik.

'For her?' he asked again when Karthik gulped saying

'Ummm ya...ummm she is my wife!!! We...we are running away and getting married!!!' and the salesman looked shocked and I...I was ready fall on the ground. What was he saying and why the hell was he asking me to wear a Burkha and why was he lying in the first place? I was completely confused but the salesman got me a kurta and I was quickly asked to check my size and it fit fine. He asked me not to remove it and instead paid for the same and next I know we both were in his car and I was in a Burkha. The salesman looked super excited for us both as he wished us both the best of luck and my head was spinning.

'What is going on??? Why am I wearing this and why are you driving via the gullies and taking different roads. What is happening?' I asked as his phone rang again for the nth time and I was confused. I was irritated and I finally shouted

'Look Tikki!!! You either tell me what's happening or I'm...I'm going to jump out of this car!!!' I yelled and he raised an eyebrow saying 'Shikanji...we both know you have just got a driving licence that too after me teaching you driving for bloody 4 big years and you shit in your pants even today when we are in third gear and right now I'm on fourth, I'm driving at a 80kmph and you have never crossed 60 decently!!! So shutup and eat these chocolates!!!' saying he offered me a chocolate bar. I rolled my eyes and took a bite onto the chocolate.

My Aloo Tikki sure knows how to calm my racing mind but I was still determined to know what was happening. His phone rang again and this time I used my brains. I switched the phone from earpiece mode to Bluetooth which was connected to the car and then I listen to the person on the opposite side

'Look Karthik!!! This is all I know as of now. That's what DIG Sir asked me to do but I can't do anything unofficially. I have helped you enough but soon DIG Sir will be here and I can't stop anything. I suggest you do whatever you want within next 24 hours. After that I won't remain your friend and I will only be Commissioner Sandesh.' and I was shocked. He was on a call with the commissioner? What's happening?

'Thanks bud!!! I'll manage things by then and trust me I won't call again. Thank you so much!!!' he said only for the commissioner to say 'Anything for you Karthik. But I hope this is all worth it and you aren't doing anything wrong with the girl!!!'

But before Karthik says anything I said 'I am safe Commissioner Sir-' but before I could speak further he took the phone call back onto earpiece mode and bid him goodbyes. And now Tikki looked pissed. The next second he stopped the car and shot me a look

'Yenchina? Marla Nikka (What was that? Are you mad?')...you know whom you spoke to just now? He's the commissioner of this district and we all are under his jurisdiction. Till now he's been saving your ass because he's my ex boss's bestie and I know him since last ten years. That makes him my friend too but I can't use his powers for my selfish leverage. What were you trying to blabber to him?' he yelled when I shouted

'Tikki stop!!! First tell me the context!!! That's what I'm asking you since last few hours but you...you are hiding me in a burkha, secretive talks to the commissioner, driving on random roads like some stupid chase sequence in a b grade bollywood movie... instead of doing all this...can you please tell me what is happening here??? And wife??? You claimed me to be your wife??? Seriously Tikki?' I let out my frustration when he looked at me and finally took a deep breath saying

'Fine!!! Last night onwards your family and that Bevarsi's people are out on a search mission. They finished digging inch and corners of Bangalore and in next 24 hours they will be here!!! In Surathkal!!!' he broke the bomb and my lips parted.

'But I told them not to find me...' I said when he chuckled dryly saying 'You are a Khanna!!! The Rony Khanna's granddaughter and were going to get married to The Khandelwal!!! You think you'll leave a note and they'll just let it be? They are finding you like hungry dogs!!! Because Sandesh and I are friends and he called to check if I know any Vanshika Khanna staying in my building is when I got to know that the Bevar-....I mean that Khandelwal!!! Your grandfather and he have joined hands and they also have support from the Suryavanshis...Chief Minister is also putting pressure on this case!!!' he said and my head started spinning.

'Now??? Now what??? Even the commissioner can't help us anymore??? I heard him say so...What will we do? I don't want to go back with them...I don't want to get engaged to him Tikki!!! You know it...don't you?' I said as fresh tears filled my eyes when he quickly pulled me closer and I hugged him tightly placing my head on his chest. He patted my back caressing my head saying

'I am here na!!! Don't worry!!! Till I'm with you no one can touch you without your permission!!! I'm your bestie Shikanji!!! And what are friends for if they can't protect each other. I won't let that Bevar- I mean that RajVeer Khandelwal find you!!! You need time? You will get all the time in this world!!! You trust me na?' he asked and I nodded hiding my face in his chest.

I wiped my face and we both sat into the car and he started driving towards Surathkal.

'Tikki...But why Burkha? And why on earth did you say I'm your wife?' I asked and he rolled his eyes saying

'Because for some time you will stay in my house with mom. Atleast until I make some plans on where to keep you safe. You can't stay at your place because I'm sure they will come to check you at your apartment...so atleast for a day or two...Mom and I will hide you in our apartment.' he said and I smiled. He's such a sweetheart.

'Tikki I love you yaar!!!' he giggled saying

'And I hate you!!! Who asked you to run...you stupid girl!!! Without warning... without intimation!!! You are crazy Shikanji!!! You almost gave me an attack last night.' he said and I leaned onto his shoulder saying

'I got scared Tikki!!! You know what he's done in the past...how could I-'

'Atleast you could have exposed him infront of his family'

'I chickened out okay!!! I wasn't ready to answer their questions. Running away looked easier. Although I agree it was wrong but-'

'But you choose the easy way around!!! Grow up Shikanji!!!' Karthik warned me and I pouted. After a few minutes of silence I curiously asked him

'Why did you tell the salesman that I'm your wife?' to which he rolled his eyes saying

'Your bindi and your red thread tied onto your hand is clearly giving away that you aren't a Muslim and I didn't want the guy reporting something so I made up a story that came into my mind!!!' he said and I giggled.

We both were laughing. Although there was a whole mess waiting for me out there but till my Tikki is with me...I know I'm safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 45.1K 37
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...
34.7K 1.9K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
347K 33.8K 61
(Apart Series - Book 5) Lavanya Khanna was a big name in the glamour world. She was a tall, sexy, bombshell who would keep her personal life secretiv...
4K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...