๐˜พ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™˜๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ค // ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๏ฟฝ...

By _flwr0x

โ...๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. โž โ...Excuse me what? โž ... More

โš˜Prologueโš˜
๐ŸŒฟ1
๐ŸŒฟ2
๐ŸŒฟ3
๐ŸŒฟ4
๐ŸŒฟ6
๐ŸŒฟ7
๐ŸŒฟ8
๐ŸŒฟ9
๐ŸŒฟ10
๐ŸŒฟ11
๐ŸŒฟ12
๐ŸŒฟ13
๐ŸŒฟ14
๐ŸŒฟ15
๐ŸŒฟ16
๐ŸŒฟ17
๐ŸŒฟ18
๐ŸŒฟ19
๐ŸŒฟ20
๐ŸŒฟ21
๐ŸŒฟEpilogue๐ŸŒฟ
โš˜A/Nโš˜

๐ŸŒฟ5

422 21 8
By _flwr0x

5:15 p.m. ...

I've been checking the time every now and then.

But still no sign of him...

'Aish why are waiting for him? He just made a pun of you dumbass.' I mentally slapped myself for thinking so much about him.

But after five more minutes, the bell chimed.

And he entered. For real.

He saw me and gave me one of his angelic smiles.

'...oh god. No. Park Haeyoon no. Calm your shit down. He's just a boy. A stranger. Don't blush. Don't.' I continued to repeat the words in my mind as I smiled at him.

'He is just a stranger. I won't fall for him.'

|•|

~[JOSHUA]

I didn't even realize I had dozed off in middle of watching the kdrama. When I woke up, the kdrama had already ended and various advertisement and commercials were coming up.

I turned off the TV and checked the time on my phone.

"Holy shit!" I cursed loudly for I realized it was already 5 pm.

I quickly changed into a brown hoodie and light yellow trousers paired with sneakers and set out.

...

5:20 p.m.

I finally made it.

As soon as she saw me she smiled widely.

'I guess she enjoys herself here.' I thought as I walked over to the counter.

It wasn't crowded but also wasn't deserted like in the morning. 5-6 people were there.

"Hi." She said softly yet cheerfully. It was nothing like her voice when she was in school.

"Hi."

"So uhm...what would you like to order? I-I hope you're comfortable with me not calling you s-sir...we already know each other so-" she was saying without even looking at me as she typed something on the tab.

Without making the situation any more awkward, I instantly cut her off.

"Oh no no it's alright! Um...I'll have a normal cappuccino please."

"Okay. Anything else?"

"No."

"Alright, a normal cappuccino coming right up. Please take a seat while you wait."

"I'd rather chat with you rather than take a seat and get bored."

"Uh-I'm s-sorry what?"

"Nothing. Since how long have you been working here?"

"Me? O-oh like 2 months now."

"I see. It's rare to see high-schoolers having jobs. What about your parents thought about your job?"

"O-oh th-they are perfectly f-fine with my decision. Th-they said to sort something out myself so yeah..."

Even though she replied as happily as she could, there was an audible sadness in her tone. I could sense it very well because I too use that strategy to protect myself always. My curiosity was eating me up to know her secret but ultimately I chose not to give in to it because afterall, I was a stranger to her.

I was still debating whether to ask her about Jeonghan's words that he said about her earlier in the morning but then her voice took me by surprise.

"Uhm may I ask you something? Your coffee is here by the way." she placed the cup on the counter, still not looking at me.

"Yeah sure go ahead. And thank you." I took the cup.

"Uh...um...why..why did you suddenly talk to me all of a sudden?"

"Uh...because you turned out to be one of my recent aquaintances in my new school. Isn't that normal?" Suprise was dripping in my tone as I said and continued sipping on my coffee.

"No no! It is normal indeed! It's just that..uh.." she started scratching her head.

"Didn't anyone say anything about me?" my eyes took a sudden lift to her from my coffee.

Her voice had turned quiet just like in the morning.

She was still doing some things but her face had turned gloomier.

"Can you specify who do you mean by 'anyone' ?"

She finally looked up to me. But didn't say anything.

The stare lasted for one or two seconds. But the silence in those seconds were too loud. So loud that only the sipping of my coffee was audible.

"Uh...nevermind. I just-"

"Exactly. Don't mind it. It's my business to handle." I smirked at her as I rested my elbow at the side and leaning over the wall.

She blinked a few times, probably not being able to process my words.

"Uhm where did you go before getting into this school." She finally said something breaking the nerve-wrecking silence.

"Hanlim Arts High School."

"Oh I see. Why did you-"

"PARK HAEYOON STOP CHATTING AND GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE! CHOP CHOP!!" A very high-pitched female voice was heard screaming from inside, probably from the kitchen.

"Hey, I'll just sit over there. We'll continue to chat after you're done. Alright?"

"Yeah okay. Sorry for this." she gave a soft yet sad smile.

"No biggie. Go back to your work. Or else she'll flaunt her vocals again." I sarcastically chuckled and rolled my eyes, trying to ease her a bit.

"Yeah yeah. Have a seat. I'll be done soon." I heard her saying as I already started walking towards an empty table.

I started surfing through my youtube watching whatever just to kill time.

About 20 minutes later, I suddenly felt a presence in front of me. Thinking it was Haeyoon I looked up to face the person. Disappointment took over me when I saw it was not Haeyoon.

It was a female figure with probably a whole pack of makeup on her face making her skin appear so pale like a ghost with dark red lipstick.

"Hello sir. I'm Kim Seolhyun manager of this café. How may I help you?" she said leaning over my table, trying to give me a glimpse of her cleavage to be exact.

So cheap. Ew.

"Thank you but I am actually waiting for my friend to finish up." I replied politely yet keeping my tone nonchalant.

"Ah I see. How about I keep you entertained meanwhile?" she winked and sat opposite to me.

"Ah no thanks. My phone is better at this." I was almost on the verge of being done with this cake-faced girl.

Just then my phone beeped signalling an incoming message.

It was from my parents.

Sighing I tapped it open.

Dad :

Are you at home
right now?

No.

I'm in the coffee shop
nearby.

What the hell are
you doing there!?

There's no coffee at
home dad. I had a
headache so I came
here.

I hope you are saying
the truth.

When are you planning
to go home?

Yes right now.

I'm leaving.

That sounds something
like my son.

Listen, I want you to video
call me as soon as you
reach home. Got it?

Yes dad.

Seen.

I slid my phone in my pockets and got up only to notice the makeup girl weirdly gawking at me, as if I belonged to some undiscovered species.

Creep.

Sometimes I wish I weren't a gentleman for I could utter such words with no hiccups.

Completing ignoring her presence, I walked towards the counter and called out for Haeyoon.

In a minute she came out, her hands covered with flour.

"Hey, my dad called so gotta leave right now. See you tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah of course!"

"Don't forget the school tour! You promised me." I grinned while she tried to comprehend my words.

"O-oh yeah yeah s-sure haha! Bye." She stuttered a lot through her words.

Kind of weird. Nevermind.

"Bye." I said as I walked out.

...

My mood was already going down as the time to call my dad progressed closer.

I gotta setup my table and that included books being scattered, copies being layed open, pens without caps and those sort of things to make it seem that I actually got a headache from studying and not anything else.

I let out a final sigh and flipped open my laptop and video-called dad as I plastered a fake cheerful smile over my face.

Call connected...

"Hey son how are you doing?" Mom talked first.

"Fine mom, how are you both doing over there?"

"We're doing great here too. But the thing is, we miss you a lot. We can't wait to join you, my baby!" I mentally scoffed.

My parents have the habit of babyfying me which cringes the hell out of me. Like duh what.

"How was your new school?" Finally dad's deep voice entered the chat.

"F-fine dad. It was good." I tried to sound as honestly as possible.

"Were you a douche bag to your teachers there?"

Ouch.

"N-no dad."

"I hope you're saying the truth. What are you doing right now?"

"I was studying dad."

"Turn your camera and prove it to me."

I already saw this coming and that's why I had taken precautions beforehand.

I panned the webcam over my messy study table and it seemed to satisfy my proofs to him.

"Good. I expect to see the top result of the school from you this year. Don't disappoint me again."

I didn't utter a word.

"I know I'm going harsh on you but it's only because I want the best of you. I do not want to see you being a failure right before my eyes. We love you son." they disconnected the call without wanting to hear anything else from me.

Thank god they didn't wait for me to say "I love you too" for I don't wanna waste those words on them.

I plunged down on my bed. So many thoughts filled up my mind.

I got up and grabbed my box of sticky notes.

Peeling off one, I jotted down.

Park Haeyoon.

In school : rude, coldish
In café : cheerful, bubbly

P.s : She got sad on asking about her parents opinion but said they agreed to her.

I stuck the paper on my window.

I took another paper.

Already knows that someone will say something about her.
Maybe she knows what they would say about her.
Maybe she also knows who would say those about her.
Why isn't she protesting tho?

I pasted it as well.

I tore another piece of paper and taped it over there with the title 'MISSION HAEYOON' over it.

I took a last glance at it as I sat down to study.

But for some reason I couldn't concentrate. I don't know which thought in particular but I was so distracted.

I finally gave up on my hopes to study.

12:03 a.m.

I was willing to talk to her but shoot, I don't have her number.

'Damn Joshua, since when did you get so chatty?' I chuckled to myself.

I wondered if someone would have her number.

And that someone indeed popped up on my screen.

Jeonghan :

Hey

Did you talk to
the killer?

What?

What the hell are
you talking??

Are you high?

Jeez man

Did you talk to
Haeyoon?

What does it have
to do with you?

Just answer the
damn question
dude.

No.

For real?

Yes.

What if I find out
it's a lie?

I'll treat you
ice-cream.

(=⁠_⁠=)

Hehe.

Why are you bothered
so much about her tho?

My business.

Don't butt in.

You leave me no choice
but to butt in if you'd like
to drag me in your whatsoever
business.

Whatever you think.

I ain't attending your
funeral if you're found
dead because of her.

I'm not gonna invite you
either.

Sksksksksksks.

...

By the way, do you
have her number?

No. Why tho?

You ain't a good liar,
Yoon Jeonghan.

So are you, Mr.
Joshua Hong.

For a moment I paused.

He knows I met with her.

But is he getting prickly with it??

I thought for a while and started typing again.

Were you an actor? Because
you played along so well.

Stop beating around
the bush, Joshua.

What do you need her
number for?

I thought for a while. I can't tell him the reason.

To be aware beforehand,
in case she texts/calls
me.

And what are you gonna
do if she does so?

Block and report her number,
dumbo.

Good.

Atleast you aren't as
dumb as you seem.

Also, tell me/us if she
texts/calls you.

Why tho?

So that she is taught a
lesson.

I see.

Well atleast you agree
you're dumber than me.

I never said that, dumbo.

Whoreyoon (Contact)

Woah-

So much grudge.

Anyways, thanks.

But you're a dumbo
in an alternate
universe.

Yeah yeah whatever.

Bye.

Hmm bye.

Seen

I saved her number and put my phone down and went downstairs.

I cut open a ramyeon packet and let it boil. While I began to think of Jeonghan's words.

'So that she is taught a lesson.'

"What's the mystery of the one-sided tussle between Yoon Jeonghan and Park Haeyoon? Were they used to be lovers before and now broke up? And that's why Jeonghan turned like this to her? Well that seems the only legit reason."

I turned off the stove when I noticed the noodles were done.

But I wasn't done with my thoughts.

'But still that doesn't explain the killer part...' I thought as I slurped on my noodles.

But whatever, I got her number and that's the best part.

Of course, I wanna text her now but won't do so at this hour.

I don't wanna make myself a weirdo in front of her.

...

I lied down on my bed after having my ramyeon dinner.

I turned off the lights.

Everything that happened during the day started playing in 4k in my head that was somehow lulling me to sleep.

"She's cute tho." I heard myself saying that as I smiled and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 1.3K 15
A stranger have your lace underwear... nah even worst, he saw you in naked... โš ๏ธ Caution โš ๏ธ : This story contains 18+, sexuality, harsh words, pleas...
617K 44.2K 53
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜Š๐˜Œ๐˜– ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ฌ๐˜บ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜š๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ...
383K 7.3K 113
S.Coups Vernon Mingyu Jun Hoshi Joshua DK Wonwoo Seungkwan Jeonghan Dino Woozi The8
11.3K 125 18
Just an attempt.... Friendly reminder: English is not my first language, so please forgive my mistakes. { ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐: 2021/09/01 } ๐–ฑ๐–พ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๏ฟฝ...