Scarab of Hope

By PresidentThanos

One bright and sunny day the city was bustling, people were going to and from work, school, or the store and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 4

2.1K 45 14
By PresidentThanos

A nearly a year had passed since Izuku started school, and he already decided he didn't like it. One morning his alarm went off and he dismissed it, he then rolled over and groaned.

Izuku: "Mph. I don't wanna go."

Nana: 'You have to.'

Izuku: "What could one day do?"

Nana: 'Fair point.'

Izuku: "Too bad you can't make me invisible."

Nana: 'What do you mean Izuku? I can."

Izuku was now confused.

Izuku: "What? But Scarab said it couldn't."

Nana: 'From what it left behind, I think it just wanted you to be found. Kinda happy it did since I can actually talk to you now, my adorable little grandson!'

Izuku: "I see. Well do it then."

Nana: 'What's the magic word?'

Izuku sighed.

Izuku: "Please, Grandma?"

Instead of words she just activated the scarab's nanotech, having it thinly cover him, and activated the cloak. The process finished just in time for Shota to enter the room.

Shota: "Where is he?"

He started to look around until his eyes landed on the mysterious floating blanket which Izuku had forgotten to push off. Shota then activated his quirk, making the nanotech deactivate and reenter the scarab.

Izuku: "Uh. Hi."

Shota pinched the bridge of his nose.

Shota: "Izuku, mind telling me why were you cloaked?"

Nana: 'You're not getting out of this so just tell him.'

Izuku: "I, uh. I wanted to skip school today. Sorry Uncle Sho."

At this a small smirk appeared on Shota's face, as if he was waiting for this moment.

Shota: "Well then, if you're so determined to do this that you'd use your quirk, how about something else?"

Izuku, now interested, sat up.

Izuku: "Like what?"

Shota: "Training. The entrance exams are in a year, so why don't we start your training?"

Izuku, now fully excited, jumped out of his bed.

Izuku: "Yes please!"

Shota's smirk widened into his signature grin.

Shota: "Well if you're so excited, I'll make it hell for you. From this day on, every weekend will be used for training. The only breaks you will get are for eating."

Izuku grew a scared look on his face.

Izuku: "W-what will this t-training be?"

Shota: "You'll see. Get dressed, we're going to UA."

Izuku was excited again as Shota left the room.

---

Shota opened a door and stepped inside, Izuku was right behind him. The room they just entered looked to be a training room of sorts. Izuku then noticed the different types of targets. There were punching bags, ballistic dummies, and even robots. Izuku had also noticed the weird gazes he got from the students, though he figured that was just from him not wearing a uniform. Shota then stopped infront of a small closet.

Shota: "Wait just a second."

Izuku stopped as Shota started digging through the closet, eventually pulling out two objects.

He then took the staff looking weapon and split it in two.

Shota: "Weapons training, especially close quarters weapons. The Scarab may be capable of creating weapons on the fly, but you have no real experience. Training without the Scarab's nanotech active will help you in the long run. Besides, you can't fly forever."

He put the sword to the side and held the batons in each hand.

Shota: "These, are escrima sticks, they also have shock technology at the ends. They can also be put together at the non-shock ends to form a staff."

He handed them to Izuku.

Shota: "Go and try hitting one of the dummies."

Izuku: "Okay."

Izuku walked over to one of the dummies and started to hit it. Suddenly Nana spoke up.

Nana: 'Izuku, can I see those?"

Izuku: "Sure."

He noticed thin lines of nanotech run down his arms and to the sticks. Once it reached them, it covered them and absorbed them into the nanotech.

Nana: 'There we go. Now you don't have to worry about losing them.'

Izuku: "Thank you."

Nana: 'No problem Izuku. I'm happy to help.'

Izuku then kept hitting the dummy until Shota came over.

Shota: "You like them?"

Izuku nodded.

Izuku: "Yeah, I do."

Shota: "Good, cause there's no way I'm letting you use that sword until you're a second year. Now let me show you how to use them. Give them here."

Izuku: "Um, that's gonna be a problem."

Shota paused.

Shota: "Why?"

The sticks then dissappeared, along with the nanotech lines, back into the scarab. Shota ran his hand down his face.

Shota: "Problem child."

---

Izuku was wandering the halls of UA. Shota had been searching for spare sticks for a while and had sent him out while he searched. Izuku the spied a familiar living skeleton man.

Nana: 'Izuku, switch with me.'

Izuku: "Why?"

Nana: 'Please, I want to mess with Toshi.'

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Alright, lead the way grandma."

He felt himself get pulled into his mind as he and Nana swapped out, a skill they and learned one day as Izuku failed to cook. Nana, now in control of their shared body, walked forward quickly over to the man. She also used some of the nanotech to create a voice changer within Izuku's throat to match her own voice.

Nana: "Long time no see Toshi."

All Might whipped his head around to try and find where his master's voice was coming from, though he couldn't see anyone. Nana had activated the cloaking feature.

All Might: "M-master?"

Nana: "That's right Toshi, it's me."

She then uncloaked as All Might looked away, causing him to almost jump out of the chair he was in when he looked back.

All Might: "Oh, Young Midoriya, it's just you. I must've been hearing things."

Nana: "No, I don't think you were."

This time All Might really did jump out of his chair.

All Might: "M-m-master!?"

Nana chuckled.

Nana: "The one and only. Actually that's a lie."

She poked his forehead.

Nana: "There's one in there too, laying dormant. Waiting for the next wielder to be chosen before awakening."

All Might: "And how would you know?"

Nana: "Because, that's the only reason I'm here. Izuku's quirk copied my consciousness from within you. Oh, and one more thing before I switch back."

All Might: "What is it?"

Nana: "Month four into your training. You weren't as slick as you thought you were Toshi. Bye!"

She and Izuku then swapped places again. Izuku waved bye to All Might before strolling back the way he came, towards the training room, leaving an extremely bewildered and terrified All Might.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 42.2K 21
"Take a swan dive off a building, you might have a quirk in your next life." Katsuki laughed maliciously. Izuku had finally had it, that was the last...
272K 10.4K 13
Izuku quit dreaming of becoming a pro hero after three times of being denied. He decided to screw it, and just be normal. He has part time jobs, he r...
3.8K 122 12
On his first day at U.A high school, Izuku Midoriya was expelled by Shota Aizawa aka Eraserhead for being quirkless despite the man knowing that the...
1.1K 13 16
it started when all might turned down his dreams of becoming a hero due to rational reason, so he decided to take the advice of his ex best friend to...