It Started with a BET

By aYarinya

(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong... More

Before we moveee
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Two
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
!NOT A CHAPTER!
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-three (II)

Chapter Twenty-nine

43 6 0
By aYarinya

A/N: Child abuse, domestic violence whatever it is, is not promoted in Nigeria, don't get it all wrong. Just like every other country we have people who do such. Also we have parents who take their discipline too far but, that does not mean it is promoted and allowed in Nigeria or that all Nigerian or African parents abuse their children, discipline is far different from abuse.

Sowi for the long note, I just wanted to clarify things, Esé:-)

++

Zemela's POV:-)

I winced when I moved my head to the left, it felt like the world was on my head, my lips hurt, my arms hurt, my whole body ached.

Pamela's voice came from beside me, "Zemela?" I was thankful for how low and soft she spoke.
I opened my eyes slowly, I was in my room, nothing really changed expect for the drugs, bandages, injections and drips scattered on my bed, my door was wide opened.

"What..what happened after?" I could remember what had happened before I went numb, I didn't know the time but I knew time had passed.

"You were out for a day as a result of daddy's beating" her eyes were watery.

Oh my God!

"No" she shook her head, she understood my fear. I thought he was arrested by the police or something.

"He's at work, Aunt Mercy was the one that treated you and did the test because he didn't want to take you to a hospital"

Aunt Mercy is our family friend - I guess.

"What test?" I asked her.
"Just let it be, I made omelettes this morning I'll warm it up for you" she said leaving the room quickly.

My dad made Aunt Mercy do a virginity test for me, I wasn't surprised honestly, I hoped he was convinced. Aunt Mercy listens to my dad and does whatever he asks her to do just because he is like a father figure to her.

Pfft...a father who sleeps with his married daughter (Aunt Mercy). My dad has always been a cheater I hope he pays dearly one day.

I struggled to chew and swallow, my throat was dry like the Sahara desert. Pamela stayed home to take care of me instead of going to school.
She gave me some meds to help relax muscles and to help me sleep better.

Bryson's POV ;-)

"You like her man" Nolan said for the fifth time, he was driving me home because his father wants me to talk things out with my mother who has been around for two days.

"Can we not talk about her?" He has been talking about Zemela since he picked me up from the bus station.

"Yes, after you tell me why you offered her your honest friendship and why you lied about not wanting to sleep with her" I knew I made a mistake by telling my best friend what I told Zemela.

"I told you I don't know, I should never have told you" I mumbled the last part. I honestly don't know why I lied to her, my main plan was to screw her up and win but, it seems life had cliché plan for me.

"Bryson" my mom walked towards me immediately I stepped into the living area.

"I'll be in your room" Nolan whispered before heading upstairs.

"You really think you're an adult don't you?" She asked me. I relaxed on the couch closing my eyes to calm my nerves.

"Answer me" she demanded.

"Yes, I am an adult" I answered her damn question.
She shook her head, "you would not disgrace your father and I with your reckless behaviors"

"You are our only son and child, we love you but, you keep frustrating our efforts. You beat a boy up, Reggie is a sweet kid, he has good_"

"Good grades, important people, business blablabla. That's all you care about, all you can ever think of, I would not sit and listen to your talks not when you are so self centered" I spat.

I sighed before standing up, "Reggie was attempting to__ I don't even need to tell you because it wouldn't matter to you"

"Good bye" I walked away, I went in to say hi to my Nan then left with Nolan.

He tried talking me to staying back with my mom but I refused, staying in that house with my mother would make me run mad.

The next day, Zemela wasn't in school her friends didn't know why she wasn't in school.

She had no phone so no one could contact her, I knew where she lived but Sadiki, Ruby and Nolan warned me against visiting her because of her said strict father.

The week ended and she still wasn't in school.
When I asked Principal Jase' secretary, she said Zemela was involved in an accident and she was in the hospital.

Nolan, Ruby, three other friends of hers, Sadiki and I decided to visit her on Monday after school.

~~
"She's in school man" Nolan said from the other end, I was on my way to school already.

"That's good news" I said.

"Yeah" he said.
"She got into a fight with Skyler minutes after leaving Vice principal Rebecca's office" he said from the other end.
"Shit!"

"Yeah man, the bitch broke her glasses"
"How cruel could she be?"
"But, bandage head slapped her hard, I was happy about that"

"Bandage head?"
"Your princess has a bandage crown on her head, her fight with Skyler might have caused more bleeding too" he said.
I winced internally, "that's horrible"

"I feel Skyler pulled up a nasty move over the weekend that was why bandage princess was pissed off on a Monday morning after an accident" one thing Nolan and I had in common was we were both people smart.
"I don't want to think what you're thinking" I told him making the turn to school.

"I pray it isn't man, you should talk to her when you get to school, she's in the sick bay"
"Aye aye captain"

I made it to the sick bay without being noticed or maybe teachers had had enough of my shit already.

"Hey" I sat next to her, classes were on so no one was in the sick bay except the nurse and a tall girl.
She smiled, "hey" from her smile I knew she recognized my voice and scent but she couldn't see me.

The tall girl told me everything that had happened, she was one of Skyler's friends, her name was Dontella or Danielle-i can't remember- she stood up for Zemela and got beaten too.

"Bryson" Zemela called searching for my hand, I reached for hers and held it.

"All ears" I told her.
"Please don't let them contact my dad" she shook her head, tears rolled down her cheeks, "please, I'll get into more trouble" she begged.

"But Zemela_"
"No" she cut Dontella/Danielle shut, "I know why I am saying this. Please I beg you" she was crying fully now.
"Okay, I'll try my best" I left after assuring her and calming her down.

On my out I ran into Sadiki.
"I apologize"

"It's fine" he muttered.
"Bryson" he called stopping me.

I turned to look at him.
"We've had our fights and all, you and I are not the best of friends but that doesn't mean there isn't an honest part of you. I want to believe you have pure intentions towards Zemela. If this is one of your Bryson Griffin thing then just drop it. If you have any decency left in you leave her alone, she has been through alot she doesn't need your additional trouble, because that's all you cause" he walked into the sick bay before I could assure him I'm not as heartless as he thinks I am.

Sadiki and I are neighbors, we were once good neighbors until I slept with his money loving girl friend. I wouldn't say it's not my fault at the same time I wouldn't say it's my fault.

After much debate Vice principal Rebecca agreed on not calling Zemela's father.
Skyler was given two weeks suspension, if I were asked that was a small punishment she deserved more.
Her two other friends were given one week suspension.
Tall girl-Dontella/Danielle was given detention along with Zemela.

Skyler's parents were contacted and informed, they were asked to pay for a new pair of glasses for Zemela.

I called Principal Jase and talked him into allowing me take Zemela to the eye clinic for new pair of glasses, which he agreed to only after assigning Mr Bainton to go with us.

For some reason Principal Jase believes Me Bainton was the only teacher that could handle me, little did he know.

I couldn't really speak to Zemela because she was acting all quiet and in her she'll all through the drive to the clinic, after she got her emergency glasses she slept off in the car, her bandage was stained with blood, she was wearing a blazer and panty hose but from the way she behaved I knew she had injuries she was hiding. I dropped off before Mr Bainton drove her home because I didn't want her father to see me, it might be trouble for her.

I prayed and hoped her father wasn't abusing her.

+
Once again Barka da Salah!

Vote🐽 comment 🐽 & share 🐽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.3K 1.3K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
135K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
88.7K 4.6K 44
𝙏𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙭 𝙎𝙏𝙐𝘿𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙍𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...
1.7M 52.9K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...