The Runaway Cheat

By Misspaperback04

I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But... More

Dedications
Character Aesthetic
BookPlaylist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
CHAPTER 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
CHAPTER 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 6

2.5K 80 15
By Misspaperback04

Marilyn Harrison (six years ago)☀︎

How exactly are you supposed to react when someone calls you a bitch? "Can you please stop staring at me like that? It's creepy." The man sitting beside me whose name is supposed to be Ridge spoke. Jerk.

"No, you called me a bitch. How dare you." Why is he being so mean to me? I didn't say anything wrong. We were just talking.

"No, I called you a talkative bitch" he says. What on earth is he so angry about? Aren't you supposed to be enjoying your vacations and meeting new friends?

"It's the same thing," I said with frustration.

"No, talkative bitches are more annoying than normal bitches." At this, I let out a shocked gasp. I felt like my jaw almost touched the floor. He didn't just say that. "And close that mouth of yours, this shit is turning all the wrong ways" he trails off cursing under his breath.

"What are you talking about?" his words are puzzling and how can people be so grumpy?

His eyes bore through me making me almost flustered, almost. "You are too simple for someone so wicked like me." Do I even know how to reply to that? For someone who always has the last say, it's quite nerving how this guy is making me speechless.

Honestly, when I saw him looking at people like he wanted to drown them until they stopped breathing, I should've stopped myself as well. Instead, my impulsive brain dragged me to throw some sunshine over his head. And now he is throwing his dark cloud over me and also calls me a bitch. I think the one who is going to drown someone is me. Why do I always put myself in such an embarrassing situation?

"Drop that face, you look like the ugliest version of Ursula"

"Shut your mouth before this Ursula drown you until your lungs soak in salt water" There can't be any better example to don't judge a book by its cover than this man sitting beside me. Jerk.

"So many violent words" he mocked while smirking like a moron, turning his body completely towards me.

Gritting my teeth to stop myself from throwing any insult I look at him narrowing my eyes but noticing my gaze he look back at me with amused eyes. His eyes were blue, just like ocean could be, deep and so mesmerising. It's so beautiful that somehow I ended up getting lost in them. But my admiration was so obvious on my face that suddenly everything started feeling hot. "You are so -" pausing for a moment to find the most insulting word but before I could finish he spoke up, "handsome, charismatic, undeniably hot?"

"No, more like infuriating, discourteous, hideous," I replied blandly.

"Liar," he said turning towards the beach but this time his eyes are not looking like he wants to murder anyone. Instead, he is smiling. Did I mention that this guy is exactly my type except for that personality?

"If you find me hideous you wouldn't have come here to sit beside me" smug face is what one call the facial of him. Unable to control my frustration I bang my head on the table of the bar. Maybe a bit too hard, cause now it hurts like hell.
You really shouldn't have come here, Marilyn.
Mistake, a great mistake.

"Are you crying, princess?" He asked, dipping his head lower since I'm covering mine with both my hands. "You want my shoulder," before I could turn towards him he added, "For your legs?"
Good, god.

Letting out a deep, sharp breath "You know what? I'm out of here. You are unbelievable." I stand up, turning around to get as far as possible from him. Halfway down the road, I heard him laughing aloud.
Jerk. Jerk. Jerk.

☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎

The sun is dousing in the waves of serenity. A view I could sell my soul to engrave in my mind and body forever and ever. It's my second week in the Channel and first in Guernsey island. And I'm still not ready enough to take this view casually. I don't think I'll ever be. It's my third destination in Europe. I've been out of home for almost 8 months now, going to places which were engraved on the map of my bedroom wall. My parents have stopped keeping track of the places I am visiting.

I still remember the face of horror my family gave me when I sat them together to announce that I'm going on a solo trip for a year just after my graduation. Arthur straight away denied it and said that he'll take me wherever I want to go, even to Mars as long as I go with him or Mom and Dad. Being the youngest child of the family and having an older brother who always acts like your second parent is exhausting. For them, I'll die if I step out of my family's protection. Convincing them did take a bit of effort but being a pampered child also comes with some pros. They cannot say no to you. So here I am, on a small island and still alive and breathing. But does my mother still call me every single day to check if I am being abducted or not? Yes.

Just as I was thinking about her my phone rang, and with a knowing smile I received her video call. "Are you still alive? Did somebody try to kidnap you?" My mom said as a greeting.

"No Mom, I'm still fine and nobody has tried to abduct me. Yet." I said, smiling like a freak.

"Thank God, then give me today's update and don't forget to send me photos." My mom sounded so excited that I almost felt bad about going on a solo trip. Almost.

When I started telling her about my day, my encounter with that guy named Ridge paused me to speak further. I have never come across someone like him before. His attire and the way he carries himself say that he comes from an established family. His gaze was firm, his hairs were blond but there were streaks of brown a the lower part, and he had an English accent. No matter how annoying he was as a person, I cannot deny the fact that he is a visually appreciable being. More like breathing Greek good attractive.

"Marilyn Louise Frederick Thomson, you are making that face. Spill!" My mom screamed from the other side of the call startling me.

"Momma, stop screaming. And there's nothing to spill." I felt like my cheeks were turning tinted pink. And it didn't take my mother a minute to notice that since a mischievous grin sits on her face now.

"I know you are thinking about a boy right now. Tell me who it is?" Before I could reply to my mom, the phone is snatched from her hand and now I'm looking at my horrified-looking papa. God, this is getting weird now.

"What boy? Where did you meet him? Tell me his name. I'll ask Burnley to look at his background." Papa's rumbling starts just like he always does, "Did he try anything funny with you? Mara answers, Arthur and I'll fly there today itself to end that guy."

Before my father ended up in jail, I stopped him, "Oh my god papa, you cannot kill a person just because he talked with your daughter." Before he could say anything else, "Nobody tried anything funny with me. Mom is just imagining things."

At this my father looked at my mother, "She did make that face whenever she found something interesting. She made the same face when she had a crush on that guy from high school." My mother defended herself raising both of her hands.

"I never had a crush a Gary Mommy!" I screamed at them. To which they made a knowing face. "Okay, maybe a little but I'm over it. He was an unattractive human flesh who had absolutely no value. Just like Arthur said." I finished.

"I know Mara, but we are worried. You know very well how people from our world are. They would go to any level just to bring their competitor down." My mother said with a frown.

"I know Mom, I do. don't worry, nobody here knows me as Marilyn Thomson, the daughter of Frederick Thompson but as Mara Louisa, a student from America who just completed her graduation. I'm careful so no need to worry." Yes, my father is indeed a big deal in America. A trade company started when he was in his early twenties at our pawpaw's garage and is now a business worth 30 billion.

So, every time in the past I say my full name people start looking at me in weird ways like I have something to give them. I don't. Other than knowing what my father do I know absolutely nothing about the company. That's Arthur's job to know. I am more of a history, philosophy, and literature person. And that's why I lied to Ridge about my name today, even though I didn't expect him to ask in the very first place. He looks like he knows the business world so it won't be surprising if he knows who my father is and I'm not taking any risk of jeopardizing my solo trip.

"Take care baby, we'll call you tomorrow okay? Take care of your diet. And call us immediately in case of an emergency." My mother said looking all serious and all. If anyone except for me can't stay serious or angry for more than five minutes, it would be my mother. I am indeed my mother's daughter. She is the sweetest person I have ever met in my life and also my very first best friend.

"Yes, Mom. Okay bye, and I love you. Bye Papa, don't worry there isn't any guy around me, it's all boobies and boobies" Before my mother could throw some scolds at me I hung up. I was sitting on the floor of my balcony facing the deep and free oceans, I closed my eyes and took the feeling of freedom in.
Tomorrow is another day, another adventure

✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎✰❤︎

So next epsisode is here💕🥹 do tell me how like it🦋 and ridge is just a jerk🤭🤭🤭 byeeeeeee lovely humans and thank you so much for 9kkkkkkkk !!!!!!!❤️‍🔥❤️😩 keep voting and supporting. 💕😶‍🌫️🫂🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 4.4K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
5.2K 215 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
98.9K 6.7K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
58.5K 1.8K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...