Flawless Silence

By ErraticChand-p

When Annika, a science graduate, agrees to an arranged marriage chosen by her parents, she finds herself wedd... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 16

739 109 117
By ErraticChand-p

"Would you both be happy if I agree to marry?"

"Yes!"

"Beta do you want to see her photo? She is pretty and well-educated."

"Papa you aren't hiding anything from them, right? About my college-restricted thing?"

"I have told them all. Now look at her picture."

"Haan haan. She is gorgeous. Just look at her."

"No, I won't. I have troubled you a lot and I believe you have a better selection than me. I trust you. Also, I give up all my heart and life to you both. Thank you for staying with me maa, Papa."

__🖤__

"Shiv? Can I have a moment with you? Alone."

Shivaay flinched hearing the dreadful voice, he had struggled hard to forget that person and memories with him. His hands dropped abruptly and Annika, who was gazing at him with loveable eyes, looked in question.

"How are you, Shiv? I know it's been a while since everything happened." Annika frowned upon hearing the pregnant lady mumble audibly enough for her to hear.

Shivaay shut his eyes and squeezed for a good second before opening them. He sighed and sought his wife absentmindedly, asking her to stay by him. His parents looked furious, especially his father. His father was ready to pounce on that lady and her father bedside her. Wasn't spoiling his son's education good that they penetrated his marital life? After years of dreadful life and again they are ready to enter their son's life.

His mother Pinky stepped towards him and angrily lashed out at Shivaay. "Speak to that witch and warn her not to interfere with our lives. Remember whatever you speak or do should never hurt my bahu. She came trusting us - trusting her husband."

Shivaay blinked in compassion and then nodded. Pinky got hold of her furious husband and walked away leaving little space for them to speak. Shubh too trailed behind his mother, holding her dupatta.

"Maa! Papa!" Shivaay shouted out calling his parents who were becoming diminishing with each step. He continued with his loud tone when they turn towards him. "Bohut galti ke hain meine. Aab nahi karna mujhe. Stay by me."

Pinky and Shakthj internally rejoiced and trimmed their facial expressions not to give out some unknown reason to bash.

"Shivaay?" Annika tugged his shirt sleeves. "I will be buying those jumkas there. Ring me when you are done with this."

Although she had been in this kind of relationship prior she couldn't subside her insecurity and possessiveness was slowly seeping into her system. The fear of him going away from her, deserting her crept and started eating her soul. She hated being alone without anyone besides her.

Now that, Shivaay had made a great impact on her life, she desperately wanted him. Throughout her life ahead.

Between the thick and thin.

Joyous and gloomy.

"That's thankful of you. I will make sure Shiv rings you a call when we are done."

Shivaay clenched his jaws and curled his fingers. "MRS OBEROI!" Annika flinched and clutched her mummy ji's salwar gasping for strength and courage to meet her husband's eyes. "I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SLAP YOU IF YOUR USELESS BRAIN OVERTHINKS. There is nothing between us neither happening in future. You are staying by my side. Got that?"

Annika shuddered under his ferocious eyes. "Is that clear? You shall stay by me. There is nor was nothing to hide from you. So this doesn't make a difference in my life I have things pending to do!"

"Yes. I will do my best." Annika trembled under his furious gaze. This was the very first-time Shivaay had shouted, after their divorce issue.

"But Shiv-" Kritika overstepped wanting to add her point to his statement.

"Ho kon meri tum? Behan? Biwi? Girlfriend ya family? Who are you?"

"No one." She mumbled offended by that what he let out aloud to her.

"Then," Shivaay gritted his teeth, jaws clenched. "Shut up. No one meddles when I talk with my wife."

"I'm sorry." Kritika apologised with her head hung low. Her father stepped forward and squeezed her shoulder, in a supportive manner. "I just want to talk and get cleared up the past misunderstanding."

"Look, Mrs Kritika Das, I earn well however that does not mean that I'm ready to pile my earning into a therapist. I'm not ready. I can't afford all the mishappening with you walking into my life now and then." Shivaay asserted put almost on the verge of pulling his hair from his scalp.

"Can't you just give your ten minutes to me?"

Kritika desperately needed some time with him and pleading with him wouldn't be a problem. Isn't it?

"No. Why should I? Anyway, it doesn't look good when a married and committed man talks with another woman who isn't my wife." Shivaay stated without any loop to disagree with him.

Kritika's father sensing his daughter's distress begged him. "Don't do this son. Please. I can fall to your feet, just don't say no."

"My father is a great man. He believed that doing one's work is next to god's work. He is a family-centric man. I can never forget how he lowered his head and went on his knees begging not to spoil his son's life. I clearly remember this! That's my motivation to life-"

Kritika shut her eyes realising how the naive and innocent teen lover was changed into someone who she fails to recognise. She is unable to recognise him. Where was that rebellious thinker? Where was that budding politics in him? His carefree smile and a favourite polo shirt with cargo pants?

"Shivaay enough!" She saw his wife stopping him mid-sentence. Annika turned her heels towards her father and proceeded. "Uncle Ji our family holds a respectable position in society. My husband is a well-known man, we can't afford others to listen to these trifles of things that may harm our name in society. So-"

Shivaay interrupted her, "In short get out of my sight. This is what my wife wants to say. Isn't it Annie?"

Annika narrowed her eyes and glared at her husband.

Shivaay who in return laughed seeing her expression and stretched out his arms around her shoulder and pulled her to him. Within a fraction of a second, her expression changed from anger to serene and she began to blush.

"Everyone is around. Stop it Shivaay!" She mumbled as he planted his lips on her hairline. "Remember you shouted at me!"

Annika struggled to maintain her composure. She wanted to kick him however his antics wanted to blush for him.

Shivaay's parents Shakti and Pinky were over the moon. When Shakti coughed disturbing the moment Pinky swatted his head and mumbled, "Mera heera beta."

"Humari bahu heere se kam nahi." Shakti shook his head adding his point.

"Let's talk in some secluded area." Announced Annika.

Shivaay was against this idea however at one corner of his heart he wanted to end this game all for good.

He had one life and he didn't want to carry any regrets about everything and anything.

__🖤__

Soon after the folks assembled below the huge banyan tree.

The elders had turned their faces not wanting to interact and then cause harm. Both sets, especially Shivaay's parents were glaring furiously at the other end. Whereas Shivaay dragged Annika with him wishing her to stay by him as he talked with Kritika. The elders left the younger ones to discuss the mishaps and let them conclude.

On the other hand, Annika plugged in her earbuds hearing the retelling of Mahabharata from Bishma's peculiar perspective and sat down a little farther two.

She didn't want to cling to him, not at least when she knew what he would speak.

He had assured her. And she knew him.

Obvious of the awkwardness, Shivaay cleared his throat and began. "Hope life is treating you well."

Kritika passed a nervous smile. "Kind of like that. With two daughters and another baby on the road, I have everything-"

Shivaay interfered with her words, "-except for peace and happiness." He completed the sentence.

Kritika was dumbfounded by his stinking remark that cut off the flesh of her heart. True to his words, she was void of happiness and peace in life and she wasn't dumb enough to accept that. To cover up, she proceeded with boosting. "My life is stabilized. Bungalow, penthouse, a handful of servants and excellent family. How are you doing? What are you working on?"

"Worked as an assistant professor for almost two years and now I'm a practising advocate, in divorce cases." He told. "Tell me if you want to divorce your man I shall help you to find an advocate." He laughed with his good-natured gentlemanliness.

"Remember our law and literature professor?" She asked and he nodded slightly recollecting the same. "She always told us that lawyers are too modest. They are brutally honest as they wrap the chappal with an expensive silk smooth cloth and slap the other person."

Shivaay laughed as she sarcastically pointed out his taunting. He tilted his head, as he intertwined his fingers with each other resting on his knees.

"You lawyers are too prideful and arrogant in nature."

"Well, aren't you one among us? 'The lawyers'?" Shivaay raised his brows as he air-quoted the last sentence.

"Not a dropout would be called so." She told. "How is life?" She urged him.

"It's nice actually, except for the therapy and its expense. Other than that it's nice. I got married five months ago, and life seems to be going in flow after hitting the rock. In professional development, I going great. Got LLM in international relations and law from a renowned university, and soon would be receiving my other degree in economics with honours. Presently I'm thinking to do masters in the Indian economy."

"Seems like you are flourishing! Awesome. May you be blessed with everything you wish." Her eyes tinkered with shine and hope as she congratulated him.

"Well thank you. I don't want to be blessed but I'm sure I will make it. Years back I learnt a lesson extremely."

Kritika gave a crackled smile with his direct jibe at her. Ignoring his comment, she rubbed her belly and looked at him expecting to involve with the talks.

To initiate the talk.

"That's your wife?" She asked, after being tired of waiting for his response, pointing in Annika's direction.

He swivelled his head in Annika's direction, watching her keenly absorbed with what she was hearing.

Sensing his eyes on him, she tugged her hair strands behind her ears and looked at him, meeting his blue orbs. She passed a cute and charismatic smile. Shivaay winked his left eye and laughed out loud watching her blush and run towards his mother.

His mother knocked her head with a laugh and told her something for which she hid behind her and avoided his gaze. Soon his parents burst out laughing seeing their cute antics.

"Yup." Coming back to his sense, Shivaay nodded his head with a mild and generous smile.

"Ohh."

"She has a bachelor's in pure science and now she is pursuing law." He explained continuing to speak.

"You always wished to have your partner from your background. Finally, you got her." Kritika gave her lips a painful and bitter stretch remembering how he always wished to have an advocate wife.

And work on the same case as opposing teams.

Such a dream it was.

Probably would turn true in the coming years. As he and Annika have different opinions on everything from basics to extremes. Shivaay admired with happiness bubbling inside him.

"Ah! That's destiny I believe." He acknowledged, breaking out of his trance, dreaming of the future with his wife.

"Well, Shiv I'm sorry for what happened back then. I apologise for whatever happened, also I know it won't fix all of them." With a sympathetic expression she stated, regretted everything that happened which separated them.

"You know I stayed home for a year searching for a college that is willing to admit me when I was prohibited. I am among two children of my parents and also the only one who is healthy and fit. I had the responsibility of my family on my shoulders. My father was getting old. I didn't have the luxury to stay at home or get married like you did. Presently I'm the sole breadwinner for my family."

"I know." She stressed.

"You don't." Shivaay shook his head not buying her words. "You don't know how it feels to have to look after your elder brother. I have shoulders full of responsibilities. I have to plan for my parent's old age, my brother is my main concern. Do you know how hard it is to maintain and bring up a mentally ill son? With middle-class life? Ever since my paid internships, I have been saving for him and his future. His medicine took one-fourth of what my father used to earn! You see I can't fight against my wife for this. I don't understand how your father called me someone leeching on his daughter. Be true to yourself, in the years together in the past I have never been like that. Isn't it? Speak up."

"I can't explain this. It's complicated-"

"If you can't explain it, just tell me why are you popping into my life. Days back it was your father trying to make a conversation with me in the cafe and today you. Why are you doing this?" Shivaay stood up from where he was sitting and yelled gaining everyone's attention.

"It's a coincidence, Shiv." She tried suppressing his emotions with her soothing voice as she used to do years ago.

"Stop calling me that. It's Shivaay." Shivaay at last lost his composure and yelled kicking off a nearby pebble.

"Fine." Why wasn't her soothing voice working? Was he that changed? Like a caterpillar to a butterfly. That drastic change? "It's an accident to meet you today. Anyway, aren't you communist? Why are you here?"

"Communist turned advent follower of my mother's mata rani. This is our first visit to a pilgrimage as a couple. And my father says Bhavani Devi is the goddess of fertility so I'm here with Annika to pray for our life ahead." He mumbled tapping his stood anxiously.

"Hmm. Do you regret it? Loving me?" Taking the support of the bench they were sitting on, Kritika stood with lots of struggle holding her stomach.

"Kritika I'm not sure of loving you but I was emotionally attached to you. When those things happened my heart broke and it isn't healed yet. Till today I fear meeting our common network. The fear has creeped me out to a level that im is unable to voice my care and affection towards Annika. That word 'love' itself is the threshold for me."

"Will you help me get a divorce from my husband?" Shivaay didn't understand what had caused her when she suddenly popped up.

Wasn't she happy and settled with a hand full of servants around her?

"No." She straight refused.

"Why not?" She pushed him further asking him the reason with her accusing eyes.

"I don't wish to create unnecessary drama in my life. I'm leading a nice and clean life. Work, bed talks with Annika, and family are what I look forward and I don't wish to link with you ever again." He explained in short and turned his heels to walk away until he heard her speak aggravating him.

"Advocate laws say different." She whispered.

"You know sometimes you need to think in different ways. I had a student who argued with me about this very issue. She was adamant, and very much vocal about what she thinks. I was surprised and advised to not think emotionally the way a human behaves but how a lawyer does. She then shouted my name and addressed that being a lawyer doesn't suggest that you don't think emotionally. Well, that day I learned something new. Isn't it right?" Shivaay tilted his head, looking for a reaction within her.

"Yes indeed." The reaction that he wanted was minimal and subtle.

"Do you know who was that student?" He asked.

She shook her head in negative, as she internally rolled her eyes. Why was he bringing all these stupid things?

"That's my wife." He told loud with a proud smile. "She was my student."

Silence enveloped the atmosphere. Awkwardness thickened.

"I still think of you." She started up as she began feeling out of track. "Every time my husband and I argue I think of you. I can't help but stay still stay rooted in the past. Every time I look at my daughters I would reckon of our future if not the mishappening. Would we have been working together successfully as we dreamed? In a firm? Or have been married with kids?"

"You are cheating!" Shivaay took a sharp breath and pointed out his finger and rolled his eyes.

"Huh!"

"You are emotionally cheating your husband! And don't you dare drag me in this!" He confided.

"I'm not cheating him. Rather he is! With his secretary. How could thinking about someone else is concerned with cheating? You are nuts!" She screamed struggling to explain her internal turmoil.

"I never told you but you are an obsessive partner. Change yourself at least for your good and daughters. And never come across me." Shivaay by now felt a little pang in his heart seeing his once-upon-a-time girlfriend in this situation. But soon he shifted his mind thinking of his parents and wife. And the future awaiting him.

"Shiv!" She exclaimed.

"Don't call me that!" Shivaay gritted his jaws, as his claws fisted together controlling his anger.

"I love you and you say that's an obsession! How crude and insensitive." She was just away from tearing up and hugging him.

In hopes to keep him by her side. But this Shivaay was different to the Shivaay she knew! And she was scared tiny but seeing his anger and bloodshot eyes.

"Awaaz neeche! Don't you dare raise your voice at me! Got that! Never raise your bloody voice at me. I was quiet only because of my gentlemanliness and you being heavily pregnant. No other reason for care and attention or affection. You say you love me right?" She meekly nodded as she blew her nose into her hanky.

"Yea. I love you from my whole heart. I can leave behind everything to be with you." She grunted as teared up at the end unable to hold any longer.

"Then leave me for fuck sake. Just pretend you don't know me! That's what I want from your side. Don't ever come across me. Annika says I'm inhumane and I may take some serious actions. So please stay with me and focus on your children. You didn't have the life that you wished for at least try giving the best for your children."

That's more than 3.5k words. So dear readers you got more responsibility. You need to vote (please try to reach 100) and inline comment. Pretty please!

Now how was the chapter? Do you think our Sgivaay is too aggressive and have mood swings a lot like women?

Let me know what you think. Would be waiting. It's the first draft and needs editing so bear with me. Had very little time to sketch this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 59.7K 78
Being the heiress of one of the richest businesses in India was not something Annika Vardhan Kabeer felt proud of. Having lost her mother at childbir...
46.5K 4.2K 43
* No. 1 Ranking in #shivaaysinghoberoi as on 28 Sep 2021 About 4 months ago, Shivaay's life was absolute perfect. He was a successful businessman, h...
103K 8.4K 28
A Shivika SS that deals with the the story of Shivaay and Annika right after the Forced Marriage.... This is a story where Annika finds her identity...
22.8K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...