Phir mat jao zindagi... Rumy...

By Shesha_Writes

Rudra, a happy go lucky boy, just cares only about him and his feelings. He is just wasting his money and ru... More

Cover Credits and Dedication
Character Sketch
Part 1 - Triangular Infatuation
Part 2 - Rudra's lies
Part 3 - Instinct
Part 4 - The Breaking Point
Part 5 - Anjali's entry
Part 6 - Baby steps
Part 7 - Hesitation
Part 8 - Conversations
Part 9 - Will Soumya propose Rudra?
Part 10 - A ray of hope for Soumya
Part 12 - Will Rohan believe Vikas?
Part 13 - Rohan gets a clue
Part 14 - Vikas confronts Ayaan
Part 15 - Gratitude and Love
Part 16 - The race

Part 11 - A cup of tea

26 2 24
By Shesha_Writes

Cafeteria

Rohan and Romi were served with coffee and pancakes. They started sipping the coffee.

Romi - "Now tell me."

Rohan - "Before that, I'll ask you a question. You should answer with honesty."

Romi - "Okay go on."

Rohan - "Do you trust me?"

Romi - "Yeah obviously. Why?"

Rohan - "I'll take you somewhere today and it's quite far from here. Maybe you won't go home tonight. But I'll be with you throughout. Will you come with me?"

Romi thinks.

Romi - "Yeah okay. I'll inform my father too."

Rohan nods.

Romi - "When are we leaving?"

Rohan - "Now."

Rohan and Romi were served with coffee and pancakes. They started sipping the coffee.

Romi - "Now tell me."

Rohan - "Before that, I'll ask you a question. You should answer with honesty."

Romi - "Okay go on."

Rohan - "Do you trust me?"

Romi - "Yeah obviously. Why?"

Rohan - "I'll take you somewhere today and it's quite far from here. Maybe you won't go home tonight. But I'll be with you throughout. Will you come with me?"

Romi thinks.

Romi - "Yeah okay. I'll inform my father too."

Rohan nods.

Romi - "When are we leaving?"

Rohan - "Now."

After eating their snacks, Rohan and Romi comes outside. Rohan sit on his bike and wore a helmet. He gave one for Romi too.

Romi - "Bike ride is cool, Rohan."

Rohan - "I know you like it. That's why."

Rohan starts riding the bike. The bike travelled around 6 kilometer. It was around 7PM night. Rohan directs the bike to a petrol bunk and filled the tank. 

Romi - "Shall we walk for sometime and then continue bike riding? My back is paining as I was sitting for a long time."

Rohan - "Yeah sure, Romi. Even the destination is near. We can walk."

Rohan started pushing his bike and walked along with Romi.

Romi - "What is this place actually? It looks urbanized but still has so many trees."

Rohan - "This is my mom's native town."

Romi - "Really? So you must be having your maternal grandparents here, right?"

Rohan - "I had. But they passed away few years back. This place actually made my childhood. But as I grow up, I slowly detached from this place and stopped coming here."

Romi - "With time, colors fade away and memories get stronger."

Rohan takes Romi into a street. He shows her a house.

Rohan - "This is the house where my mom and her parents stayed.  After their death, their relatives sold this house for money." 

Then Rohan shows the houses where he had friends in his childhood but at present, they either migrated to cities or doesn't remain friends no more.

By walking, Rohan took Romi to a small school. Rohan parked his bike outside and took Romi inside.

Romi - "So this was your nursery school."

Rohan - "Yes exactly. But even now, children study here till 3rd at least."

Romi smiled. Rohan and Romi see the school fully and comes outside.

Rohan - "At least this school remains the same."

Romi - "Changes are permanent, Rohan. That's how we evolve."

Rohan - "Yes, but sometimes changes makes us strangers to something we are close to."

Romi - "That's how the world functions, Rohan."

Rohan - "Yeah, you're right."

 Romi goes and sit under the banyan tree located near the school.

Rohan takes a photo album which was kept under his bike seat and he came to Romi.

Romi - "Photo album? Yours?"

Rohan smiles and Romi opens the album and looks at the photos.

Romi - "Rohan... you looked really cute and chubby. Feels like to play with your cheeks."

Rohan smiled.

Romi laughed upon seeing baby Rohan in girly attire and adored it. Then she turns the pages.

Romi - "You're naked here, Rohan."

Saying this, Romi laughs louder.

Rohan - "So what."

Romi - "Oh, I thought you'd feel shy and take the photobook from me. Anyways, let it be."

Rohan - "I don't really get bothered."

Romi laughed and again turned the pages. It had Rohan's mom carrying him and few photos of Rohan's parent's marriage.

Romi - "Your mom is looking so beautiful."

Rohan - "Yeah, right. She is also very kind-hearted. She was very protective of me. I always remember the days she fed me as she knows that I cannot eat if she didn't feed me."

Rohan laughed,

Rohan - "Wish if my mom is alive and with me."

Romi - "It's okay, Rohan. Wherever your mom is, she always be wishing the best for you."

Rohan - "Yes. Pishimaa told me that my mom is in the mom and always smiling upon seeing me."

Romi smiled.

Romi - "If you don't mind, can I ask something about your mom?"

Rohan - "Yeah."

Romi - "What happened to your mom that she is not with you now?"

Rohan - "My mom had a complicated pregnancy while carrying Rudra. According to the doctors, my mom wasn't fit enough to carry another baby. But she was adamant to abort the baby. Even after her speculated labor date, she didn't get any labor pain. After 10 days, she started feeling contractions. But the delivery was even more complicated. Somehow after 24 hours, she delivered Rudra. He was weak but fine. Then, mom was kept at bed rest. After some hours, she started taking vomits and felt abdominal pain. Before the doctors could treat her, she died."

Rohan cried after saying this.

Romi hugged Rohan and wiped his tears.

After few minutes, Rohan holds the hands of Romi and took her a little far where the light of the moon fall on them.

Rohan - "With this full moon and my mom as evidence, I'm telling this to you, Romi. Romi, I am a kind of a simple and disciplined guy who has nothing more in my life except my family and passion. I always thought that I'd marrying the girl whom dad choose as I never search my ladylove. But I was wrong. As everyone say, people doesn't find love but love finds people. It happened with me. I don't know when exactly I fall in love with you. But I realized it when you were with me in the hospital. Even when I see you, I saw almost the same love in your eyes."

Rohan takes the rose flower which he was hiding it behind his shirt.

He kneels down and directs the rose to Romi.

Rohan - "Could I be your man of dreams, Romi?"

Romi was speechless upon looking Rohan like that. She gets the flower from Rohan.

Rohan stands up and looks at Romi. He is in a confused state.

Rohan - "Speak something, Romi. Are you okay..."

Romi - "Shall I hug you, Rohan? Not the typical friendly side hug..."

Rohan smiled and extended his arms. 

Romi hugged him tightly and rested her head over his chest. Rohan closed herself with his arms.

After sometime, Rohan breaks the hug .

Romi holds Rohan's hands. They looked at each other's eyes and started walking.

Rohan - "Do you know why I told you about my past?"

Romi - "You told me everything so better tell this as well, Rohan."

Rohan - "Trust is important in any relationship. It is formed only when we are open about ourselves to the other. Also I feel you have every right to know anything about me. But I want to tell all by myself."

Romi - "So sweet, Rohan."

He kissed her cheeks.

It started raining.

Rohan - "Come on, Romi. Let's go."

Romi - "Shall we dance?"

Rohan - "Are you crazy?"

Romi - "Yes, when I am with the crazy."

Rohan - "Romi..."

Romi - "Come on. It's night and let's get inside the nursery school. Who will se us?"

Rohan and Romi entered inside the school and they started dancing.

***

Next day

Rajveer's house/7AM

Anjali is in the verandah sitting on the steps and looking outside resting her face on her hands. She is wearing a yellow long skirt and a white tops. Her hair is set free. 

Rajveer comes from inside with jogger pants and sweatshirt.

Rajveer - "Hey Anjali, why are sitting here blocking the way? You can sit there in the swing comfortably, right?"

Anjali - "But I enjoy being here, Raj."

Rajveer sits near her.

Rajveer - "You're enjoying without me, sweetheart ?"

He took his nose and striked his nose with Anjali's nose. Anjali moves in shy and patted his shoulder. Rajveer laughed.

Anjali - "You're very naughty, Rajveer."

Rajveer - "No, you're naughty."

Rajveer unzip the sweatshirt to his upper chest and shows the love bite. Anjali controls her laugh seeing it.

Anjali - "Come on, Rajveer. Be glad that the bite is not in your neck."

Rajveer - "What if it is there?"

Rajveer comes near Anjali.

Anjali pushed him.

Anjali - "Come on, Rajveer. It's time for jogging. Go."

Rajveer laughs and goes out for jogging.

Anjali gets a call. It is from Nandini.

Anjali - "Hello maa..."

Nandini - "Anjali beta... how are you? What are you doing?"

Anjali - "Good maa... I'm just getting some fresh air in garden."

Nandini - "Where?"

Anjali - "..... park, mom...."

Nandini - "Okay. Could you come home for today's breakfast or at least Lunch?"

Anjali - "Yeah sure mom. In fact I can come for both."

Nandini - "I'm so happy, Anjali. I'm going to prepare all your favorite dishes today." 

Anjali and Nandini laughed.

***

Rudra's house/9.30 AM

Anjali, Nandini, Tej and Kalyani are having breakfast. 

Anjali - "I'm loving your food. But these desserts like rasgulla, shondesh are really delicious. I am feeling like a Bengali after a long time."

Nandini laughed and caressed her face.

 Anjali kissed her hands.

Tej - "Haan Nandini... The food you make is really the best in the world."

Kalyani - "Haan beta. I feel like always eating shondesh but sadly you won't give me after a limit."

Nandini - "Mom, too much of anything is good for nothing."

Kalyani pouts and starts eating.

Tej - "Where is Rohan? He neither came home last night."

Nandini - "Dada, Rohan told me yesterday that he will come today morning as he was attending his friend's birthday party. Since you didn't attend his call, he asked me to inform you as well."

Their door bell rang.

Nandini opens the door and it is Rohan and Romi. Nandini lets them inside and asked them to freshen up. 

Rohan and Romi too comes for breakfast and had it with the family.

After sometime, 

Anjali took Rohan and Romi to their room.

Rohan - "Didi, it's very nice to see Pishimaa and you together. I feel really content. Hope this continues."

Anjali smiled.

Anjali - "I too wish the same to god. Mom and I should not get any rift."

Rohan and Romi smiled.

Rohan - "Romi, by the way, when did your friendship with Rohan started?"

Romi - "Maybe some 1 year or so, di. Not more than that. After Rohan's accident, our friendship got thicker."

Anjali - "And now?"

Rohan - "thicker... daily progression."

Romi - "Yeah, di."

Anjali - "Oh. Don't act too smart, Rohan. Tell me what is there between both."

Rohan - "Nothing like that sort. Just a friendship."

Anjali - "I might not be with you for years. But I know my brothers and can understand them easily. So Romi, better you tell me."

Romi - "We finally got into a relationship yesterday. I mean, we identify ourselves as lovers."

Anjali - "Only yesterday?"

Rohan - "Yeah kind of."

Anjali - "What kind of? Tell me in detail. After all I'm your sister."

Romi and Rohan told Anjali everything what happened yesterday.

Anjali - "Oh wow. Guess my brother got more skills inside himself."

Romi, Rohan and Anjali laughed.

After 30 minutes,

Romi is about to leave the house and Rohan came to bid her. Then suddenly a car comes comes there. Vikas gets out of the car and comes to Rohan. Rohan and Romi looks at each other upon seeing Vikas.

Rohan - "Vikas, it's not the right time to talk. I told you to come by evening, right?"

Vikas - "But it's urgent."

Romi - "Could you please wait till afternoon?"

Vikas - "Yeah fine. But please..."

Rohan nodded and asked him to go.

Rohan sent Romi off and is about to enter inside. Anjali is looking at him. Rohan is shocked.

***

Night 11 PM

Soumya is busily writing her daily report in her laptop. She feels sleepy but still tries to complete the work.

Suddenly, a notification pops up about video call and noted that Rudra is video calling her.

Soumya attended the call.

Rudra - "Hi Soumya!"

Soumya yawns and says, "Hi."

Rudra - "I saw you being online and that's why I called you. Sorry to disturb your sleep."

Soumya - "No Rudra. I'm writing my work report. It's quite tiring. After this, I have to prepare for my tomorrow's work."

Rudra - "That's fine. Anyways, shall we have a small activity? Kind of refreshing..."

Soumya - "Hmm yeah...  I hope I don't sleep in middle of the activity."

Rudra - "No you won't. Okay, now you stand up from your place with your laptop."

Soumya stands.

Rudra - "Now show me where you're staying."

Soumya pouted at him. Rudra smiles sheepishly.

Soumya shows the kitchen, bathroom, her bedroom and the overall view from outside to Rudra in a video call.

Rudra - "Guess you got really big project that you even stay in a big hotel."

Soumya - "By your logic, big project means big hotels. Haha."

Rudra laughed.

Rudra - "By the way, I called you for one help."

Soumya - "What help?"

Rudra - "I  am feeling a severe headache since evening. You used to make and give me a tea, right? Could you show me how to make it? I want to have it badly."

Soumya - "Okay. Note down the ingredients."

Rudra - "No. Please make it by yourself. I cannot take notes. I'll use my photographic memory now."

Soumya - "Rudra... You're just impossible."

Soumya keeps her laptop nearby and started making tea.

Rudra - "Soumya, you told me once that you have a roommate named Preeta, right? She used to have relationship with the college's student chairman, right? Was her relationship going good as I saw on last day of college, she and her boyfriend were fighting."

Soumya - "Yeah, they patched up after a week I guess. Break up and patch up is not new for them. It happens once in every month."

Rudra - "Really? What if they get married?"

Soumya - "Same thing would happen. But parental interferences would be more."

Rudra - "Haha. Hope these chicks get brain sometime soon."

Soumya - "Your tea is ready, Rudra. Did everything registered properly in your photographic memory?"

Rudra - "Yeah, Soumya."

Soumya - "Okay tell me the amount of water you've to add."

Rudra - "Hmmm..."

Soumya - "What Hmmm."

Rudra - "When the tea is made for you, why should I remember?"

Soumya - "Rudra..."

Rudra - "Yeah Soumya. The tea would help to reduce your stress and you can happily work now."

Soumya feels happy and smiled.

Rudra - "Okay, drink the tea before it gets cold. Good night."

Soumya - "Good night."

Rudra and Soumya cut the call. Soumya hugged her laptop.

Precap:
 Rohan informs Romi that he wasn't hit by a truck when the accident happened to him. Romi gets shocked and asks him further details. Rohan tells her that he couldn't remember how he met up with an accident. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 21.9K 48
He is rude, arrogant but a successful business man of the world. People would fear the name "KK" in the business world. But where did he went from p...
126K 9K 53
[Love Marriage Series-1] Even though Piya has been in love with Veer for a long time, Veer always looked at her as a friend. Their respective dreams...
29.9K 4.1K 29
Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behaviour decides who stays in your life. You don't find lo...
6.3M 387K 82
Brotherhood Billionaires Book 1 Dedication ~ To The Girls Who Wanted A Man Who Will Burn Her Insecurities Into Ashes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●○~~~~~~~~~~...