Fairy Tail Divine Bane: God's...

By nyxfall

Y/n was a lonely boy with no friends. He was called a monster because of the terrifying strength of his magic... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Character Bio
Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Welcome to Fairy Tail
Chapter 3: A Day Off
Chapter 4: Restrain The World
Chapter 5: My True Strength
Chapter 6: Meeting Lucy
Chapter 7: Battle of Fairy Tail
Chapter 8: A Fruitful Bond
Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm
Author's Note
The Most Special Day of Everyone's life
Chapter 10: The Dragon Of Thunder
Chapter 11: Some Hellos and Some Goodbyes
Chapter 12: A Will to Surpass
Chapter 13: From Light to Dark
Chapter 14: Jack Of All Trades

Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster

1.6K 45 9
By nyxfall

(Third PoV)

Y/n stood with his hands crossed over his head while Laxus was cracking his fists in anticipation.

Laxus: Any last words....?

Y/n: None that I need to waste on the likes of you.

Laxus seemed to get even more aroused by Y/n's words. He is barely able to contain all the excitement at the prospect of fightning Y/n in a serious duel.

Y/n, noticing the Dragon slayer's behaviour, could not help but sigh in exasperation.

Y/n: 'This damn masochist! To think he would find pleasure even when I am insulting him'.

Y/n really needed to educate Laxus on morals and ethics once again.

Laxus is unable to remain patient any longer, charged at Y/n with an inhuman speed.

Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist!!!

Laxus let his fist sail through the air. Wrapped in a coat of lightning, the attack was enough to knock any normal wizard out cold.

Unfortunately for Laxus, Y/n was no mundane magic-user of Magnolia.

Y/n's hand started glowing with a bright flash. Pale-white light engulfed his arm as pure, raw power radiated from his skin.

*Smash*

Laxus felt his eyes widen in shock as Y/n sinply caught his attack without even breaking a sweat.

Laxus: H-how?!

Laxus didn't get a chance to ask anymore questions as Y/n spun around and delivered a deadly kick to the Dragon Slayer's abdomen.

Laxus spat out blood as he crashed a few metres away from Y/n. However, Y/n wasn't finished as he quickly closed in the distance before delivering a barrage of fists at Laxus.

The Dragon Slayer hollered in pain. Every time Y/n's glowing fist collided with his body, he felt an unusual amount of pain being inflicted on his very soul.

Y/n didn't appear to be willing enough to halt his actions anytime soon. Laxus bit his lip in an attempt to regain his senses.

The Dragon Slayer instantly flew away using his Lightning Body. He reappeared at a considerable dustance away from Y/n.

Y/n slowly turned to glare coldly at Laxus. He did feel a little bit of pity at the Lightning wizard's condition.

Laxus had multiple bruises, from Y/n's last attack, across his entire body. His lips were bleeding heavily from his earlier attempt to escape. Not to mention, the tired look in eyes would make the dead turn their face away in shame.

Y/n and Laxus both knew that the Dragon Slayer was going to collapse from exhaustion sooner rather than later.

It would appear that even after his fight with Mystogan, Laxus still had the nerve to challenge Y/n to a battle.

Y/n was little proud of the Dragon Slayer's tenacity. After all, it was one of the few plus points his friend had.

However, Y/n's expression instantly hardened. This was not the time to reminisce about the day of old. This was the fight, and one which Y/n couldn't afford to lose.

Y/n: Give it up Laxus! You can't defeat me.

Laxus had a dark look on his face, his spiky hair had fallen down, making a curtain in front of his eyes.

Y/n sighed in relief. It would seem like that the Lightning wizard's will to fight had finally faded away. Or so he thought.....

*Pfft*

Y/n frowned in confusion at the sudden sound. He turned back to see Laxus, whose entire body was shaking, but not out of fear.

Laxus: Hahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

The Dragon Slayer laughed like a mad man with his face tilted up to the sky.
Laxus slowly shifted his head to Y/n's direction.

Y/n felt a cold shiver shoot down his spine at the crazed look in the eyes of Laxus. There was only one thing Y/n could conclude from such a reaction- 'The Dragon Slayer had finally lost it'

Laxus: Yes...Yes....Yes!!! Finally! I have waited for this moment forever!!! The moment where I rise to the top and become the strongest in the whole guild. The moment where I defeated the 'Greatest Treasure' of Fairy Tail.

Laxus was chuckling like a lunatic. The madness in his slowly intesifying. Y/n couldn't get a read on Laxus at all.

Y/n: Not to rain on your parade of mental detoriation, but how exactly are you goibg to accomplish that?

Y/n immediately regretted asking the Dragon Slayer. Laxus didn't respond, instead he pressed his index finger and thumb together.

Electricity cackled around the two joined appendages, before a similar reaction started occurring in the sky, except it was on a much larger scale.

Y/n's head shot upward as he gazed on in horror. Hundred spheres of light flickered in the blue sky. For those unaware of its origin, it would be regarded as a special event for the Fantasia Parade.

However, it was something much, much darker. The spheres of light were no measly carnival decorations. They were powerful engines of mass destruction, packed with energy equivalent to hundreds of first-class wizards.

Laxus: I hope you did not forget my precious Thunder Palace, did you Y/n?

The innocent tone of his voice truly aggravated the God Arsenal. Y/n didn't care much about Dragon Slayer's obsession to be number one, rather the prospect of battle amused Y/n too.

However, this time, Y/n was not amused at all. Laxus had put thousands of lives on the line just to fight Y/n. This was not entertaining by a long shot.

Y/n: Laxus... don't you dare....

The Dragon Slayer smiled coyly. He rubbed his two fingers together, a gesture which greatly provoked the God Arsenal.

Laxus: Or, what? You would need to be faster than light itself to stop me and we are both well aware that there is a limit to even what you can do?

Y/n clenched his fists. Laxus was right. There are restrictions to a wizard even as strong as him. Y/n felt so helpless at his inability to protect the people of his very own city. If only he was here a little earlier than perhaps.....

???: What the hell are you doing, man!? This ain't the time to be acting like a kicked puppy.

Y/n grabbed his ears in pain from the sudden outburst. He looked around, but there was no one to be found. He frowned in confusion.

???: Oi! Y/n it's me, Gray!

Y/n's eyes widened in realisation. This was Warren's Telepathy Magic. He was currently in a mental link between Gray and himself.

Y/n: Gray?

Gray: Yes! Now listen up, this is no time to be moping around. Everyone is giving their all and we cannot have are best chance at defeating Laxus go to waste.

Y/n: But... Thunder Palace.....

Gray: Don't worry, just wait and watch.

Y/n frowned in confusion before tilting his head upwards. His eyes widened as several rays of light shot towards the Lightning Lacrimas. He narrowed his eyes and saw that the light rays were actually swords of steel. This was Erza's Requip Magic.

Following the steel blades were shards of ice created from Gray's Ice-Make Magic.
Y/n watched in awe as various types of magic shot into the horizon before finally, hitting their mark and destroying the lacrima crystals.

Laxus too, was shocked by the sudden demise of his Thunder Palace.

Laxus: Nooooo!!!!!

The Dragon Slayer could only watch in despair as shards of his lacrima crystals fell down like winter snow.

Y/n, being the sadist he was, watched the  Dragon Slayer with mild amusement. He quickly reopened his link with Warren and thanked his conrades

Y/n: Good job, everyone!

Everyone: Thanks!

Y/n: Yes, and as my 'Thank-You Gift'. I would like to give you all a piece of advice.

Everyone: .....?

Gray: What is it, Y/n?

Y/n felt his face split into a sly smirk. His comrades are quite adorable when they are confused. Honestly, it made him feel a little bad for taking advantage of their confusion.

Y/n: Be careful with the aftermath.

As if on cue, numerous bolts of lightning fell down from the sky. Y/n could only hold back his laughter as the cries of his friends rang throughout the city.

The Thunder Palace had a contingency function. Upon destruction, it strikes the one responsible for its ruin with lightning magic stored in it. Y/n knew about this function, but his teammates weren't so knowledgeable in that accord.

He felt the mental link open once again as a single weak voice flowed into his ear.

Gray: Y/n... you bastard....

Y/n could hear the groans of agreement. The God Arsenal burst out laughing unable to hold back anymore.

Y/n: Sorry, sorry! The idea was just so much amusing in my head that I couldn't help but make it a reality!

Y/n continued to laugh until he was rudely interuppted by a flash of aurelion light. He frowned before snapping his fingers.

A wall of stone rose up from the ground. However, it was instantly blown to smithereens by the light. Y/n glanced at debris and saw sparks of electricity crackling around it.

Y/n: Really? After all that, and you still haven't given up.

Y/n heaved a tired sigh as he locked eyes with the Dragon Slayer. Laxus was back up on his feet, looking more pissed than ever.

Laxus: This...is... all... because..... of you!!!!!!!

Laxus charged at Y/n. With his hands tightened into fists, ready to pummel the Divine Bane, if the situation calls.

Y/n responsed with a flick of his wrist. Laxus found his front assault completely halted as steel chains constrained every movement of his body.

Laxus: Damn it!

Laxus tried to break free of the iron binds, but the chains only tightened even further.

Y/n: Have you forgotten Laxus? My restrains of steel are impossible to break through.

Laxus gritted his teeth as lightning shot out from his body. Another vain attempt of escape.

Y/n slowly tightened his hand. The gesture intensified the burning pain, Laxus was under.

Laxus: Argh!!!

Laxus howled in pain as the chains started getting more and more tighter, threatening to blow out the inards of the Dragon Slayer.

Laxus felt himself losing consciousness when suddenly, the pain stopped. The chains untangled themselves from the wizard's torso, making him to fall to his knees.

Laxus: ....W-what?

The Dragon Slayer slowly tilted his upwards and locked eyes with the Divine Bane. There was only one question reverberating in his head.

Laxus: Why?

Y/n grinned like a chesire cat. He swayed back and forth on his heels like a five-year old.

Y/n: You see, I always wanted to do one of those intense beam clashes and I thought you would do me this little favor, since I have done the little favor of sparing your life.

The Dragon Slayer's mind took a while to process the words that left Y/n's mouth before he felt the temperature of his head blow sky-high.

Laxus: You arrogant bastard! I knew something was off when you started acting like a goody-two shoes. So, this what you have been scheming all along, damn you cheeky bastard!

Y/n showed a mock expression of hurt at the Dragon Slayer's words.

Y/n: Oh, how sad! To think you would accuse me of such crimes and in that harsh tone of yours, nonetheless.

Y/n wiped his crocodile tears before a shit-eating grin broke through his sorrowful facade. He lifted his gaze back to the Lightning wizard and Laxus show an expression he was all to familar with.

It was the look of a man filled to the brim with nothing, but sheer arrogance inside his very core.

Y/n: So.... Are we gonna do it or not?

Laxus scoffed, but stood back up nonetheless.

Laxus: Of course, I would never miss a chance to zap your ass to another dimension.

Y/n sneered at Laxus with a blood hungry look in his emerald orbs.

Y/n: That makes two of us, I guess.

The only signal to begin was the ear deafening roar made by Laxus. The Dragon Slayer tightened his arms as lightning started rising out of the ground.

The weather shifted as a veil of black clouds enveloped the clear blue sky. Cold winds swirled around the entire city, blowing away every animate and inanimate object which dared to obstruct its path.

The Dragon Slayer's hand shot towards the blackened heavens, and a massive bolt of pure power came hurtling down.
Laxus grinned like a maniac as he did what ordinary people couldn't even dream off.

The Lightning wizard caught the bolt. Yes, he caught it like a ball falling from the sky. However, Laxus wasn't finished just yet. The Dragon Slayer grabbed the bolt with both of his hands, holding it horizontally infront of his face. He channelled all his strength into the bolt before.....

*Chomp*

Y/n's eyes widened as Laxus began to chew down the bolt like a beast. The God Arsenal unconsciously took a step back as the Dragon Slayer's magic started reaching absurd heights.

Laxus: You know... Now, that I think about it. A beam clash sounds boring. How about we kick it up a notch.

Y/n could only watch in awe as the Lightning Wizard's body started changing before....

*Growl*

Laxus: Let's see if you can truly kill the Gods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 5.8K 44
Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in school and on the cheerleading squad sta...
201K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
3.6K 97 69
The arts are not always for everyone. However, when you find something you love, people you love, you tend to stick with them. Whether that is your...
259K 8.1K 185
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...