ANACHRONISM || Taekook

By jeonvists

[COMPLETED] Where Jungkook and Taehyung made the impulsive decision of moving in together after only 3 weeks... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Fifteen

772 47 4
By jeonvists

Taehyung frowns at the faint light coming from the kitchen— tightening his grip on his slipper. He inches closer.

He hides behind the fridge's open door, waits patiently until the person behind it closes it.

He attacks immediately, hitting someone on the head.

"Fuck!" Jungkook yells in surprise, pressing a hand over his head— turning on the lights.

Taehyung's lips part in surprise— lowering his slipper.

"Are you out of your mind?!"

"Why are you in the kitchen with the lights off like a thief?!"

"I thought you were sleeping, I didn't want to disturb you!" Jungkook huffs, rubbing his head with a pout. He arches his eyebrow, looking at the omega.

"Why are you up so late at night?"

"I want ice cream." Taehyung pouts.

Jungkook opens the freezer, looking through it and pulls out an ice cream pint, handing it to the elder. Taehyung looks at then pushes his hand away.

"No, I want Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream."
Jungkook gives him a look before sighing, looking through his freezer once more and finds what Taehyung is asking for. He grabs it and then pushes it into the omega's arms.

"Here. Ben and Jerry's."

"Does this look like chocolate to you? This is cherry, you dumb alpha!"

"Well this is all we have!"

"Fine, I'll go get some then." Taehyung frowns, walking past the alpha. Jungkook watches him in disbelief, rounding the omega to stand in front of him.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious."

Jungkook groans.

"Taehyung it's past midnight, where do you think you're going?" He grabs the elder's arm, stopping him.

"To the store down the street, I know they have some."

"Pup, they are not open twenty-four hours. They will be closed."

"No, they are open, I know."

Jungkook wants to jump off a cliff.

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows at him, his lips jutting out in an adamant pout.

"Pup—"

The omega rolls his eyes and rounds him, rushing to the front door to leave.

"Wait for me!"

He grabs his keys quickly from the table, hurrying behind the omega.

Jungkook runs behind the omega until he catches up with him grabbing his wrist to stop him.

"Let go!" Taehyung curses, struggling to pull his wrist from the alpha’s tight grip.

"Calm down! I'll come with you, we will get the ice cream you want." Jungkook reasons calmly.

Taehyung stops, squinting his eyes at the alpha.

"Why are you coming with me? It’s down the street."

Because it'll be closed , Jungkook wants to say. He stops himself knowing he would throw another tantrum.

"Just to make sure you’re okay, come on get in the car."

"Why? It's literally a 10 minute walk-"

"Pup, it’s past midnight. We should've been sleeping, listen to me and let's go."

Taehyung gives him a deadpan look before letting out a breath of frustration— muttering about how extra the alpha is.

The alpha opens the door for Taehyung to get in. He does, not without giving Jungkook the side eye.

Jungkook giggles, jogging to his side of the car.

"If it's open, you will look stupid."

"What if it's closed then? What will that be for you?"

"It won't be!"

It was.

Jungkook crosses his arms over his chest, staring ahead while Taehyung stares at the store's closed doors with a defeated look. He sinks into his seat.

"Shut up!" The omega pushes at him causing the alpha to give him an offended look.

"I didn’t say anything!"

Taehyung takes in a deep breath and shakily releases it— his eyes welling up with tears.

Jungkook stops when he sees him.

"Are you seriously crying over ice cream right now?" He pulls out his phone to check the time. "At two in the morning?"

"I'm really craving Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream right now, Jungkook. I won’t be able to sleep if I don't have it now." The omega sniffs and his pout intensifies.

Jungkook’s eyes soften, a smile tugging at his lips as he reaches for the man, cupping his cheek gently.

"It's okay, pup. Let's find you your ice cream, okay?"

"But the store is closed." Taehyung sniffles adorably. Jungkook reaches to rub under his eye with his thumb lovingly.

"I'll find you an open convenience store. Don't cry."

The alpha drives a while but he eventually finds an open convenience store, much to his relief.

They walk together into the store and Taehyung immediately rushes over to the ice cream section, a look of joy taking over his face once he sees the ice cream he has been craving.

Taehyung fumbles with the ice cream pint, clumsily opening it then dips his finger in to gather some of it on his hand before he wraps his lips around his finger, sucking off the sweet goodness.

The omega lets out a series of mmmh's and hmmm's as he lets the ice cream melt on his tongue.

Jungkook holds a lopsided smile on his face as he approaches the cashier and asks for two spoons, paying for the two ice creams and the utensils.

"Here, don't eat with your hand." The alpha speaks gently, handing the omega his spoon and taking an ice cream for himself. He guides him towards the seating area and pulls a chair out for him, Taehyung sits mindlessly and keeps digging into his food for more.
Jungkook takes a seat opposite from him, opening his own food and eats calmly as he watches how the omega eats in the messiest manner.

"One would think I've been starving you." The alpha teases, his eyes are fond. Taehyung sticks a tongue out at him.

He has chocolate smeared all over his lips. He reminds the alpha of kittens when they dive into their food and get their face messy with food.

The alpha leans in, wiping the chocolate off Taehyung’s lips with his thumb. Taehyung stops, looking at him with those wide eyes that drive his heart mad.

Taehyung sits frozen as the alpha keeps wiping around his mouth with his fingers.
Jungkook sucks the chocolate off his finger then looks up at the omega who watches him with big, confused eyes.

"Is it good?" He tilts his head in question, and the brunette nods in confirmation.

"Yes," the omega breathes in, "thank you."

Jungkook smiles.

Taehyung scraps at the bottom of his ice cream pint, gathering what is left on his spoon then shoves it into his mouth, keeping it there to have the flavour last a little longer.

Jungkook pulls his spoon out and shoves his share towards the pregnant omega.

"I'm full."

Taehyung chews on the spoon for a second before hesitantly taking the ice cream and digging in, hiding a smile.

"Can we go? Home?" Taehyung asks quietly, taking another spoonful.

"Are you done?"

"I'll eat on the way. I'm a little cold now."

"I'll go get you some water, wait for me in the car. Close the windows, yeah?" The alpha instructs gently as he takes off his jacket, putting it over Taehyung's shoulders and disappearing into the store.

Taehyung watches after him for a moment, butterflies tugging at his heart.

Taehyung walks to the car, pulling the door open. As he gets in, his eye catches a bag in the backseat. He frowns, having not noticed it when he got in.

He climbs into the car, closing the door and turning the windows up— sighing as warmth and the comforting scent engulf him.

He shifts in his seat, leaning to the side to look at the mysterious bag in the back. He reaches for it and pulls it onto his lap.

Curiously, he dives his hand into the bag and pulls out a random item.

He freezes when he sees what he pulled out. It was a lilac baby bodysuit.

The omega's lips part in surprise as he pulls another bodysuit in a different color—blue. He pulls out another one, small socks for babies, and he pulls out a wolf onesie. He touches the clothes with a lump in his throat that he tries to push down as tears gather in his eyes.

Despite his teary eyes, he had a wide smile on his face. There was more in the bag, around three more bodysuits, two more pair of socks and one other onesie. He pulls the clothes up to his nose and closes his eyes as he takes in the faint scent the alpha left on them.

Taehyung jumps a little when he hears the car door opening and Jungkook gets in. The alpha stops when he looks at the scattered clothes all around the omega, his breath hitching and his arm freezing mid air as he holds a bottle out for the latter.

"Are these clothes.." Taehyung swallows, "are they for—"

"For our pup. Yes. They are for our pup, I wanted to surprise you." Jungkook breathes out as he lowers his arm and looks down at the piece of clothing the latter was holding.

The alpha takes in a deep breath as he awaits a reaction. He looks up at the omega who had a smile on his face, pulling the fabric he held close to his face.

Taehyung let out a shaky breath as a few tears of joy escaped his eyes causing the alpha to lean forward in concern.

"Do you..do you not like them? Are they not the right things to buy? Wrong fabric? Are they not good?" The alpha rambles in worry, stumbling over his words and his lisp more prominent than ever as he tries to figure out what was wrong.

"Shut up, you idiot. They’re perfect."

"They’re so perfect, thank you." Taehyung sobs happily, for the first time in a while feeling safe and well taken care of. He thinks his heart might burst any second now. He was stressing over affording these things and having them come from Jungkook is so much better.

He recalls the past couple of hours from the beginning to end and remembers every detail of how Jungkook took care of him so gently. Took him out so late at night for a craving and to make sure he was safe, gave him his share because he noticed Taehyung wanted more.

He gave him his jacket because he felt warm. The omega became hyper-aware of how warm the jacket is now. He even got him that damn bottle of water.

Taehyung looks at the pile of clothes on his lap and his heart swells at the thought that Jungkook went through his day and thought of getting his pup something. Their pup.

The omega lurches forward and wraps his arms around the alpha's neck, burying his nose against his scent gland.

The alpha sucks in a harsh breath, his wide as he lets Taehyung pull him close and breathe in his scent.

They stay occupied with one another for a few moments longer, forgetting all about the outside world, in their own bubble until they both feel a movement and freeze.

Taehyung's body tenses and Jungkook’s eyebrows furrow.

Taehyung jolts back, a shocked look on his face before he turns to Jungkook abruptly.

"Jungkook...they kicked. Our pup, d- did you feel it? They just kicked! This is the first time I've felt it!"

"It was...it was a kick?" Jungkook mutters in disbelief.
"Yes, it was! Feel again!" The omega grabs his wrist and places his hand back on his belly, an excited look all over his face.

"Are you sure it was a kick?" Jungkook asks as he feels around, searching for any movement— his heart beating fast.

"Yes! Wait!"

"I feel noth-" the words get caught up in his throat when he feels another kick, right under his hand.

The alpha leans forward immediately, a noise of surprise escaping his lips.

"Woah! They're right there, did you feel it? Oh god, he kicked my hand, did you feel it?" The alpha's eyes grow wide and a grin spreads across his face as he tries to feel around for the baby. Taehyung giggles excitedly.

"Of course, I felt it, they're inside of me." He laughs.

Their giggles eventually tone down into soft smiles resting naturally on their face before they turn to look at each other.

Taehyung's eyes were soft as he rests his hand on top of the alpha’s who leans back in his seat never pulling his hand away.

"Jungkook.." he calls.

Jungkook looks at him, humming in response— waiting.

"I love you too."

A grin slowly takes over the alpha’s face as he lets out a breath— a blush spreads across his cheeks.

"Let’s go home?" The omega yawns, leans back and rests his head against the back of his seat. 

"Hmm. Let’s." The alpha nods, reaching to zip the jacket up for the now drowsy omega.

As Jungkook starts the car, he makes sure to release his pheromones to help him relax.

The omega soon falls asleep in the car on the way back home and Jungkook steals subtle glances— smiling every time he hears Taehyung snore, already in deep sleep. The alpha halts the car in front of their door and walks to Taehyung's side, pulls the door open and reaches to pick the sleeping man up in his arms after closing the car.

He takes him up to his room and lays him down gently on the bed— pulling up the covers to his shoulders.

"Sweet dreams, darling." The alpha murmurs, resting the bag of baby clothes on the bedside table. He leans down and presses a lingering kiss on his forehead— brushing his hair back.

Jungkook leaves his door ajar and walks back into his room, his heart beating loudly in his chest. He recalls the events of his night and thinks to himself that he does not mind living like this. A life where it consists of a family like this, just him, Taehyung and their pup. He changes into a hoodie and some sweatpants then slide into his bed. He almost rests his head on his pillow when a knock sounds on his door.

The door opens slowly revealing the omega he just put to bed, standing there, eyes sleepy and lips formed into a pout.

"Can I sleep here? I don’t feel comfortable in my bed." Taehyung asks timidly, fiddling with his sleeves.

Jungkook stares at him for a minute, a fond look in his eyes before he nods.

"Yes. You can." He breathes out, "Come here, pup."

And so Taehyung does, he climbs into the bed and shifts backwards until his back is against the alpha's chest, a sigh escaping his lips. He curls into himself— closing his eyes.

It doesn’t take the alpha long before he wraps his arm around the omega who is seeking cuddles. Jungkook pulls the latter closer to him, rests his hand on his belly and slowly rubs circles onto it.

They sleep like this, holding each other close while Jungkook’s nose is pressed against the omega's nape, letting his breath fan over his skin.

Jungkook does not recall having better sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 350 2
The one where Alpha King Jeon Jungkook becomes enchanted by the beauty of the Omega Prince Kim Taehyung whose marriage proposal he had turned down ju...
446 34 1
Jimin is heartbroken. Because soon his alpha will be someone else's. He have no option, but to let the alpha go.
158K 6.4K 21
One intimate night with his schoolmate brought something unexpected to Taehyung's life, but knowing Jungkook was too young, he left; Not because he w...
94.7K 5.3K 44
As friends with benefits Yoongi and Jimin already have a complicated relationship. Yoongi, who's been in love with Jimin since the day one and Jimin...