ANACHRONISM || Taekook

By jeonvists

[COMPLETED] Where Jungkook and Taehyung made the impulsive decision of moving in together after only 3 weeks... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Ten

789 41 2
By jeonvists

Taehyung walks into the house— humming a tone before his eyes settle on Jungkook sitting on the couch watching anime.

Taehyung walks past him and into the kitchen— opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water.

"You smell like you drowned in a pool of fruit juice."

Taehyung stops, his arms freezing in mid air with the bottle still in his hands.

He side eyes the alpha before turning the cap and resting the bottle against his lips— drinking some water.

Jungkook isn't looking at him, his attention is fully on the anime, haikyuu, playing.

"Thank you for helping me sleep."
Taehyung acknowledges instead, his tone soft.

Jungkook pulls his lower lip between his teeth, chewing on his lip piercing for a moment before nodding— eyes still on TV.

"It was nothing."

Right, it was nothing.

Taehyung stays silent— taking slow steps towards the couch to watch the anime as well.

A moment passes before the alpha shift uncomfortably, breaking the silence.

"Why do you smell like that?"

"Like what?"

Taehyung chooses to act dumb.

"Like fruits and flowers, it's very strong and it isn't yours."

Taehyung stays silent for a moment, debating whether to tell the man the truth or not. He doesn’t know how Jungkook would take it.

But on second thought, Taehyung decides that he should not be worrying— Jungkook and himself are no longer together. It is fine.

"Park Seojoon came into the boutique today, I took his measurements for a suit. Probably why you can smell him on me."

Jungkook frowns, taking his eyes off the TV and turns to look at the omega.

"Who?"

"Park Seojoon, the model."

The frown deepens.

"Why is his scent all over you?"

" I just told you, I was taking his measurements."

"It smells like he rubbed himself on you instead."

Jungkook looks pissed. It only frustrates Taehyung further.

"You're insufferable."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, pulling himself away from the couch.

"Why would a model walk into the boutique for a suit? I thought they go to popular designers and brands."

"I don't know. I'm not his secretary. It is good for our boutique so I don't care about anything else."

Jungkook feels uneasy. He knows who Park Seojoon is and what he means to Taehyung— it is his celebrity crush.

It is silly, but he can't stand it. The scent on Taehyung.

Taehyung does not belong tk him anymore and the fact that another alpha stood so close to him to leave his scent lingering on him like that is sickening.

He hated the ugly feeling rising in his chest. He balls his hands into fists, clenching his jaw.

"If you stand a minute longer smelling like that, I might throw up."

He spits out, his lips curling into a grimace.

Taehyung grits his teeth in frustration— looking at Jungkook’s side profile and thinking to himself that he deserves another slap.

"God, why are you back early anyway? It was more fun not seeing your face first thing after a tiring day at work."

Jungkook remains silent.

"I might just stand here longer and hope you suffocate on Seojoon hyung's scent."

"Seojoon hyung?"

"Yes, Seojoon hyung. He smells really good, you're just bitt-"

The words gets caught up in his throat as Jungkook rises to his feet abruptly, pulling Taehyung's wrist— who lets out a surprised gasp— and pushes him down on the couch.

The push is gentle, careful even.

However, it is strong enough to have Taehyung sit back on the couch.

Taehyung stares with wide eyes as Jungkook leans down and hovers over the omega, a small smirk on his lips.

"What? Why did you stop? What were you going to say?"

Jungkook whispers, leaning closer, his eyelids half open as his gaze lowers to the omega's lips.

When Taehyung says nothing, Jungkook speaks again.

"I'm just what? Bitter?"

Taehyung's mouth is dry, "Yes. You are bitter." His throat bobs as he tries to swallow.

The alpha lets out a small laugh— his nose rubbing against his cheek.

They were too close, if someone was to talk, the other would feel the movement against his own lips.

When the alpha starts to lean in closer, Taehyung parts his lips unconsciously before he dodges and leans into the crook of the omega's neck instead— nudging his skin with the tip of his nose.

Taehyung closes his eyes as if enchanted— unconsciously tilting his head to the side, allowing the alpha access.

The alpha draws closer, pressing his tongue flat against the omega's scent glands, trailing his tongue over it— scenting him.

Taehyung lets out a breath, his hands reaching up to hold onto the alpha's biceps— leaning further back as Jungkook hoists himself over him.

"How can I not be? How can I not be bitter when you're smelling of an alpha that is not me?"

Jungkook whispers softly into his ear— pressing his lips beneath his earlobe, over another scent gland before trailing his tongue over it, letting his pheromones soak into his skin.

Taehyung fails to suppress his moan, escaping his lips before he realises it. Chills run up and down his spine as he holds tighter onto the man— fearing he would disappear.

"Why do you think you have the right to have a say over it? We're not together."

Taehyung whispers.

"Do not use it against me because I did not ever want to break up, Tae. You left me."

The alpha presses kisses along the way to Taehyung's jaw, his lips finding their place over the scent gland right beneath it.

"I.." He swallows. "Want you, pup. I just want you to stay."

Taehyung opens his eyes, tears blurring his vision as he feels the man press closer to him.

"Don’t." Taehyung's voice cracks, sniffling. Jungkook pulls away as if burnt— worry flashing behind his eyes as he wonders if he did something without consent.

"Don’t say things like that."

The alpha's eyes soften, his hand reaching to cup his face.

Taehyung grabs his hand— pulling it away and shaking his head.

"Don’t ask me to stay when you don't know if you're capable of staying yourself."

Taehyung sobs and Jungkook feels the familiar ache in his heart again.

He moves out of the way when the omega rushes past him, seeking solitary in his own room away from the alpha who sits back and bury his head in his hands in defeat.

——

"Tae, I got you some food."

Jimin sing songs, his voice echoing through the room.

Taehyung feels the bed dip with a new weight as the omega settles beside him, nudging him awake.

Taehyung pouts, burying his face deeper into his pillow.

"You literally stink of Jungkook, did both of you fuck the tension off?"

Taehyung's eyes snap open, jolting awake.

"No! Oh my God, lower your voice!"

Jimin raises his eyebrows in question.

"Then why do you smell like he was sleeping on top of you all night?"

Taehyung glares.

"He scented me. Now shut up."

"You're not making this make any more sense, by the way."

Taehyung groans, throwing himself back onto his pillows. He can't admit that he caved in because Jungkook just smelled too good— too inviting. The possessiveness in his voice made his knees weak and all he wanted was to have the alpha close.

The sleep he had last night was the best sleep he had in the last five months. Jungkook's scent made his whole body relax— not sleeping was not an option. His tear stained eyes became droopy once his head touched his pillow.

"Who let you in anyway? Jungkook should've left hours ago."

"Jungkook did. Do you not know?"

"Know what?"

"Jungkook quit his job. Said it doesn't pay enough. Yoon told me he'll offer him a job at his company, I don’t know the details, they're outside probably talking about it."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows.

Jungkook might not blurt that to his face, but Taehyung knows the alpha must regret their whole relationship. He knows he sacrificed his dream for him, but he kept the restaurant job because it was his passion.

Taehyung knows that no matter what, the latter would not ever give up his job. The news came to him as a shock.

"This doesn't sound like the Jungkook I know, it hasn't been paying him enough for years, why is he quitting now all of a sudden?"

Jimin only shrugs unknowingly.

Taehyung knows it's not his business any more, whatever Jungkook does with his life, it doesn't concern him.

Except that he can’t help but worry. It might be simple to anyone else, he quit a job. But he knows how much Jungkook loves that job.

It's not making any sense to him.

Taehyung steps outside into the living area, seeing both alphas talking quietly. Yoongi's hands moving as he explains something and Jungkook's arm is draped over the back of the couch, his body leaning back as he listens.

Taehyung walks closer, Jimin following close behind.

"Why did you quit your job?"

Both alphas turn to look at Taehyung whose eyes drop with concern. Jungkook's eyes travel to Jimin who stares back with a guilty expression before he shifts his eyes back to the omega.

"Why is it any of your concern?"

"Did something happen? Did someone do something to you?"

He knows he sounds pathetic. He sounds irrational. He broke up with him, he told him to leave numerous times.

Why is standing in front of him now, worried about him, and making a fool of himself?

"It doesn't matter—"

"It does!"

"Taehyung." Yoongi calls, the omega's attention shifts to him. He smiles at the pregnant omega.

"He is fine. Nothing happened."

"Why is he not saying it then?"

"Nothing happened."

Jungkook interrupts the two.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." He assures, voice soft.

"It just doesn't make any sense to me. You love that job too much to just quit it."

Jungkook nods, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees.

"It doesn't pay enough."

"It has always been the same."

The alpha sighs, rubbing his face in frustration.

"It just is not convenient anymore, Taehyung. I need a higher salary, We– I can’t live each day like this. I'm tired of worrying about money. The job was not flexible, I always had an earful for being late—"

"You'll always get scolded for being late." Yoongi snorts.

Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"I know but it sucks to get scolded when you're not paid enough for it!"  Jungkook hurries to explain while Yoongi gives him a look.

"So that's it?"

Jungkook nods.

"What job are you offering him then?" He turns to Yoongi instead.

"A manager. He will be Lee Yeji's manager in a few months. He has to undergo training first. Paid of course."

Taehyung frowns.

"Lee Yeji? The model?"

"Yes. Park Jaehyun is my friend, he owns the modelling agency she's under."

"I asked if he has an empty spot for a friend of mine." Yoongi rests a reassuring hand on Jungkook’s thigh, offering him a smile.

Taehyung watches both of them interact, lost in his thoughts. He doesn’t know what to make of this.

-

Jungkook yawns into his hands, already bored out of his head as both Yoongi and Jaehyun discuss the basics of the job.

Unbeknownst to Jungkook, Yoongi talked Jaehyun into doubling the basic manager salary for Jungkook. The double pay would be coming from Yoongi himself. He knows Jungkook would never accept the help if he had known Yoongi was the one paying him as the alpha has always been a person that was eager to prove himself. So, the older alpha decided to help without his knowledge for the time being.

It is time he steps up as an older brother to Jungkook. They are not blood related, but Yoongi considers him a younger brother nonetheless. He owns a music company, he has more than enough to help the younger.

“Alright.” Jaehyung’s voice brings Jungkook out of his daze. “Since you are still new to this, you’ll train for a month. I would say three but Yoongi wants you to settle faster, I’ll give you a chance. If you do well, I won’t extend your training period.”

Yoongi nods, satisfied.

“If it is worrisome to cut the training so short just let me train for three months sir, it is fine.” Jungkook hurries to say.

“It is paid training, isn’t it?”

Jaehyun chuckles.

“Yes it is. Very well then, I’m glad you are willing to comply. I’ll stick to my promise, though. A month, prove yourself and you’ll settle faster.”

Jungkook nods eagerly.

“Thank you, Jaehyunssi.”

“It is no problem. Yeji’s manager is still in position, he’ll stay until you are ready to handle things by yourself. He’ll teach you all you need to know which means you’ll be accompanying them everywhere they go. Is that okay with you?”

“Yes.” He breathes out.

He can’t help but feel anxious. He has done nothing except cooking for years and now he starts something new all of a sudden. He is eager to prove himself, he is eager to settle. The pay is too good to not take it. He has to do this in order to be able to feel confident in himself, to feel worthy and to feel like he is doing something beneficial.

To feel like he could step up as a father, without restrictions and without worries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 354 2
The one where Alpha King Jeon Jungkook becomes enchanted by the beauty of the Omega Prince Kim Taehyung whose marriage proposal he had turned down ju...
14.3K 664 14
Three years into dating the love of his life, Kim Taehyung is wondering whether he made a right choice
158K 6.5K 21
One intimate night with his schoolmate brought something unexpected to Taehyung's life, but knowing Jungkook was too young, he left; Not because he w...
425K 22.2K 67
When Kim Taehyung, a young Omega, run away from his pack to live in Seoul, he didn't expect to get knocked up during a one night stand and get pregna...