Elizabeth

By General_Kenobi_FAN

Elizabeth "Lilibet" Gilbert has just adjusted to becoming a vampire when she and her younger sister are kidna... More

Elizabeth Gilbert
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By The Light of The Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Flashbacks
Crying Wolf
A/N
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Poll
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lie Dying
A/N

The Sacrifice

4.9K 128 32
By General_Kenobi_FAN

The next morning saw Elizabeth waking up to hearing another heartbeat in her house. She sat up quickly and got out of her bed and left her bedroom to see an embarrassed Elena and a mortified Ric staring at each other.

"Elena. Elizabeth. Ahem." Alaric said, lowering the ice cream bowl he had towards his nether regions.

"I heard something." Elena said, trying not to look at Alaric who chuckled nervously. Jenna walked up the stairs, wearing Alaric's shirt and Elizabeth let out a loud wolf whistle at the sight as Jenna blushed and ran a hand through her hair.

"That was us. I'm sorry." She apologized and Elizabeth started giggling at them.

"About time you got some." She commented after she stopped laughing. In Elena's bedroom, Jonas pulled out a handkerchief and collected some of Elena's hair from her brush.

"We didn't think anyone else was up." Alaric admitted, looking like he'd rather curl up and die.

"But here you two are." Jenna said, as Elizabeth covered her mouth as the urge to laugh mounted even higher.

"We were just-" Alaric began to try and explain some more to Elena as Elizabeth ducked back into her room to laugh some more. He sighed again and the held the bowl out to Elena.

"Chunky Monkey?" He offered and as Elena shook her head, that was the last straw for Elizabeth who began giggling hysterically at Elena's expression.

Back in Elena's bedroom, Jonas also grabbed some of her jewelry and placed it in the handkerchief before folding it up and putting it in his pocket.

"Well... I'm naked. So I'm gonna go." Alaric chuckled, mortified and he walked past Elena and Elizabeth into Jenna's bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Jenna walked up the rest of the stairs as her older niece leaned on the wall, trying to stifle her laughter.

"I'm really really sorry." Jenna apologized and both her nieces turned to look at her.

"It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena said, still avoiding Jenna's eyes.

"I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you --- are you sure it's okay?" Jenna asked, uncertainly.

"Seems like things are good." Elena commented as Elizabeth sobered up and Jenna nodded.

"They're extremely good." She admitted, smiling and Elizabeth smiled as well.

"Then I'm extremely okay with it." Elena assured.

"I want details, though. He's not my high school teacher." Elizabeth winked at Jenna who blushed, but gave a small snort of laughter. Jonas, still snooping in Elena's room, grabbed a picture of Elena in her cheerleading uniform and then a family portrait with both Elena and Elizabeth in it before he placed both inside his jacket before hiding in the bathroom as Elena re-entered her room. Elizabeth checked the house before heading back into her room. She got back into bed and dozed off as Jonas sneaked out of the house.

Later on, after getting dressed, Elizabeth headed downstairs and prepared herself a blood bag and some coffee before hearing a knock at the door. She answered it to see Damon and Stefan at the front door.

"Is Elena here?" Stefan asked, brusquely and Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"No, she went to Maldives." She snarked before turning around to call up the stairs.

"Elena, your boy toy and Damon are here!!" She shouted and soon Elena was at the front door.

"Hey. Uh, can we talk?" Stefan asked his girlfriend and she looked confused.

"Why?" Elena asked and Damon looked at Elizabeth, completely serious.

"We went to see Katherine." He explained and for the first time, the two sisters had similar thoughts.

"Come on in." Elena said, stepping aside and letting the two older vampires enter the house.

They all went into the kitchen and Elizabeth looked at Damon.

"How's the wicked witch of the east doing?" She asked and Damon smirked at her.

"Dessicating." He answered and Stefan shot them a dirty look before looking at Elena and telling her about their meeting with Katherine.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked after Stefan was finished and Damon shook his head.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone." He assured.

"According to Rose and Trevor's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan said and Elena looked hopeful at that.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live."  Damon said, sounding almost disgusted. Elizabeth knew he disliked Elena, but everyone picked up on the tone in his voice. Elena elected to ignore it.

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asked and.

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan answered and Elena still looked unsure.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" She asked and Damon bumped shoulders with Elizabeth.

"Cause we have a crafty witch on our side. Don't worry, Lilibet, no original will get to you if I'm here." He assured his little sister.

"You discussed it with Bonnie." Elena realized and Stefan nodded.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." He stated and Elena shook her head.

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not gonna give it to you." She pointed out and Elizabeth hated that she had a similar thought. Katherine wouldn't willingly hand over her only leverage.

"We're gonna get it from her." Stefan promised and Elizabeth spoke up.

"She's over 500 years old, we had to coordinate a whole tactical mission to attempt killing her." She reminded them.

"Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." Damon said, wrapping an arm around Elizabeth's shoulders.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it." Stefan assured and Elena looked impressed.

"Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out." She started and Elizabeth knew she was going to say something else.

"Yep. We're awesome." Damon stated and Elena rolled her eyes.

"Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it." She finished and Elizabeth nodded.

"Yeah, I don't want you to get hurt, Damon." Elizabeth said, pointedly ignoring Stefan, who exchanged looks with Damon.

"What are you talking about? Elena, we don't have a choice." Stefan said and Damon nodded.

"Yeah, how else will we keep them away from Lilibet?" Damon asked and Elena shot him a dirty look.

"What about Klaus?" She asked Stefan.

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone." Stefan assured and Elizabeth snorted.

"You heard Rose and Trevor yesterday, Klaus finds you, you don't find him." She pointed out, but Stefan ignored her.

"Is that before or after he kills everyone that I care about, including the two of you." Elena said, pointing at Stefan and Damon.

"You can take me off your list, the feeling isn't mutual." Damon snipped and Elena glared at him.

"Elena, if we can de-spell the moonstone, we can save your life." Stefan tried and Elena sighed.

"I know. Everybody keeps saying that." She said, getting up and leaving the room. Stefan left the house and Damon exchanged looks with Elizabeth.

"Do you want to go practice?" He asked, and Elizabeth nodded before they both left.

Elena opened the front door to the boarding house and walked in, shutting the door behind her and looked around the hallway. Rose came down the stairs, tying a silk robe around her.

"It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning." She teased and then looked up to see that it was Elena, not Damon, in the hallway.

"Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..." She started to apologize as Elena looked away, embarrassed. Trevor walked in, fully clothed but drying his hair with a towel and he looked surprised to see Rose in her robe and even more surprised to see Elena.

"I, uh, sorry, I..." Elena stammered as both older vampires surprise turned to annoyance. They already didn't like Elena for how she treated Elizabeth who they liked.

"There's no one else here." Rose said and Elena nodded.

"Actually, I came to talk to you and Trevor." She admitted and Rose exchanged annoyed looks with Trevor.

"Then I should probably get dressed." She sighed before walking back upstairs. Trevor walked into the parlor room and Elena followed him before Rose rejoined them.

"It's a bad idea." Rose said after Elena explained what she wanted from the two vampires.

"No, it's not. From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You two, Elizabeth, and Damon just gave up before you got it." Elena said and Trevor bristled, looking like he'd attack Elena if not for the fact that Klaus would kill him for it.

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Rise said, slowly and thinking Elena was the stupider of the two doppelgängers she had encountered, at least Katherine had survival instincts.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it." Elena insisted and both Rose and Trevor rolled their eyes.

"Why are you coming to us with this?" Trevor asked, crossing his arms and glaring at the doppelgänger.

"Because you owe me. One word from me, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me." Elena taunted and Trevor burst into laughter and fell off the couch.

"You overestimate Damon's regard for you!!" He managed and Rose suppressed her smile as she looked at Elena.

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away." Rose pointed out and Elena sighed.

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not." She said and Rose scoffed.

"Stefan's just trying to protect you and Damon's trying to protect Elizabeth." She said, feeling like the younger vampire could do some much better than this doppelgänger.

"And you've proven that you and Trevor couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you two taking me to Slater." Elena said and then Rose sat down on the couch next to Elena.

"What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?" She asked.

"Death." Trevor deadpanned and Elena tried not to glare at him.

"How would you two like to be able to walk during the daylight?" She offered and both older vampires looked like they were sorely tempted, if only to get her to shut up.

"We've been slaves to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?" Rose finally asked and Elena smiled at that.

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal." She answered. Trevor pulled his phone out and fired off a text to Damon and Elizabeth.

"You feel like you've got the hang of this?" Damon asked as they practiced Elizabeth's control when drinking from the vein. He had kept her on mostly blood bags the first six months with drinking from the vein being heavily supervised by him or Lexi.

"Yeah, I think so." Elizabeth admitted as she pulled away from the man's neck. She bit her wrist and healed him before glancing at Damon.

"Good, now compel him and send him on his way." He instructed and she took a deep breath and looked into the man's eyes.

"You will forget all this happened and go home." She compelled and the man obeyed and Damon shot her a look of pride.

"Good job. Most vampires older than you struggle with knowing when to pull away." Damon complimented and Elizabeth couldn't help but feel proud. Damon's phone dinged and he cursed.

"Elena blackmailed Rose and Trevor into taking her to Richmond and Slater." He informed her and Elizabeth swore as well.

"You going with me?" He asked and she nodded, rolling her eyes as they headed towards Damon's car.

Elena, Rose, and Trevor parked Rose's car in an underground parking lot below Slater's apartment. They ascended the staircase to the apartment. Rose banged her fist on the door while Elena stood nearby, being heavily watched by Trevor.

"Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" She called and after a brief moment of silence, Rose looked back at over at Elena.

"He's not home. Sorry." She apologized and Elena shook her head.

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing." She disagreed and Rose sighed, pushing the doors open using her vampire strength. Elena looked inside the apartment and Rose gestured into the room.

"After you." She said, sarcastically and Elena walked into the apartment with Rose and Trevor following suit. Rose wandered farther into the apartment than Elena as Trevor stuck with Elena, not willing to risk her running like Katherine had.

"Slater?" Rose asked, warily. As she moved towards the back of the apartment, she looked into a doorway and her face fell in a mix of shock and grief.

"I don't think he's gonna be much help." Rose called to the other two who came to see what Rose had found and both stopped, Elena gasping at the sight of Slater's dead body.

Rose and Trevor composed themselves and moved Slater's body to a couch. Elena, who had also regained her composure, walked over to Slater's computer desk and picked up a bunch of papers

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information." Elena said as Rose and Trevor walked up behind her and watched her shuffle papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." Rose pointed out.

"Probably one of the other originals or a powerful subordinate of theirs." Trevor said as Elena shuffled through a few more papers before picking a framed photo. Rose walked over to a set of windows and pulled back the curtains, startling Elena.

"What are you...?" Elena began to ask, worried that the two vampires would erupt into flames.

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate." Rose explained as she looked out the window.

"Rose and I used to just come here and watch the day." Trevor explained at the confused look on Elena's face. Rose looked down at the framed photo that contained a picture of Slater and a girl. She looked back up at the two vampires.

"I'm sorry about Slater." She apologized and she did, she couldn't imagine losing Caroline or Bonnie.

"Any luck?" Rose asked as Elena placed the photo back on the desk and attempted to log into one of the computers.

"Um...It's password protected. I can't get in." She said, frustrated and Trevor looked amused by her irritation.

"No, this is fine. Let's just go." Rose said and then they all suddenly heard a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment.

"Stay here." Rose ordered as she and Trevor walked past Elena and she opened a set of doors. She peered into a small hallway and saw a girl hiding behind a corner.

"Alice?" Rose questioned as she and Trevor recognized the girl.

"Rose! Trevor!" Alice cried, rushing towards the two older vampires and embracing them. Trevor looked like he'd prefer to throw Alice off him and out the window.

"He's dead!" Alice hiccuped.

Rose rubbed Alice's hand comfortingly as Alice tried to regain her composure and Trevor rolled his eyes. Both he and Rose got up and walked into another room where Elena was pouring hot water into teacups. Rose sat down next to Elena while Trevor watched Alice from the doorway.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." Rose explained and Trevor winced. He didn't like Alice, but he could acknowledge that your significant other's dead body was the last thing you would want to see or should see.

"How is she?" Elena asked and both older vampires exchanged glances.

"Overreacting. Big time." Rose finally answered and Elena looked almost disgusted by this.

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting." She disagreed and Trevor snorted at Rose's next words.

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater. She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her." Rose confirmed and Elena turned around, looking at Alice. She grabbed the cup of tea and walked into the the other room, handing Alice the cup of tea.

"Thank you." Alice said as she took the cup and Elena sat down next to her. Alice looked at Elena and she could recognize her somewhat in that she was familiar somehow.

"You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?" She asked and Elena shook her head.

"Not personally, no. I just knew that he kept detailed records of all of his vampire contacts and I was hoping that he could point me towards Klaus." She hinted and Alice shook her head, scoffing.

"Doubtful. Klaus doesn't want to be pointed at." She answered and Elena pressed forward.

"Do you know Slater's computer password?" Elena asked, curiously and the other girl looked at her incredulously.

"Are you seriously asking me that right now? I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart." Alice asked, furious.

"I understand that. Do you know his password?" Elena asked again and Trevor raised an eyebrow at the callousness of the current doppelgänger. Sure, Alice was more upset about Slater no longer being able to turn her, but anybody would be upset at seeing their significant other dead.

"Who do you think you are?" Alice asked, looking away from Elena and taking a sip of her tea. Elena looked over at Rose and then at Trevor before an idea came to her and she looked back at Alice.

"What if I could convince Rose or Trevor to turn you?" She asked and Alice looked back at Elena. Both vampires heard what Elena said and looked at her disdainfully.

"Will you show us his files then?" Elena asked, seeing that Alice was interested and she finally said yes. A few minutes later, Alice was logged onto Slater's computer, but found that all the files had been deleted. Trevor, Rose, and Elena stood behind her, watching as she worked.

"Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out." Alice frowned at that and Rose sighed.

"Yeah, probably whoever killed him." She agreed and Elena ran a hand over her face before turning away.

"Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server." Alice informed them and both vampires turned back to speak to Elena.

"You know that she's not going anywhere near my blood, right?" Rose asked, quietly, and Trevor nodded in agreement.

"Or mine?" He asked and Elena nodded.

"I know. She doesn't." She said, walking past them and they exchanged reluctantly impressed looks at her deception.

"Maybe there is a little Katerina Petrova in her after all." Trevor muttered. Elena leaned down next to Alice to look at the computer screen.

"Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious." Alice rolled her eyes as Trevor and Rose walked up to look as well.

"These are all leads to vampires?" Elena asked, impressed and wondering how much knowledge that the Salvatore brothers didn't know. Alice continued scrolling through the files and nodded.

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me." She sighed and Rose noticed one.

"What about that one? Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah." She pointed and Alice looked at them.

"I could call him." She offered and Elena handed the phone over to Alice.

"Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus. The doppelgänger is alive and she's ready to surrender." She ordered and both Rose and Trevor gawked at her.

"What?!" Rose gasped and Alice looked like she realized what she had thought before.

"Oh, my God, I knew I recognized you." She said and Elena looked somewhat annoyed.

"Get him the message, please." She requested before quickly walking out of the room before Rose and Trevor followed her out. Elena placed her hands in the table and exhaled heavily as both vampires entered the room she was in.

"What are you doing?" Rose hissed, not believing the doppelgänger had drug her and Trevor, who had already nearly died at Elijah's hands, into this again.

"I'm getting Klaus' attention." Elena answered and Rose didn't look happy or impressed.

"If Klaus knows that you're alive, he'll find you and he'll kill you." She reminded the doppelgänger who looked at her, but didn't respond.

"Which is exactly what you wanted all along." Rose realized and Trevor shook his head.

"This is suicide." He pointed out and Elena shook her head.

"It's either me or my family." She said, stubbornly and neither older vampire looked impressed.

"So this whole charade is some suicide mission so that you could sacrifice yourself and save everyone else?" Rose asked and Trevor glowered at Elena.

"Or sit back and watch as they die trying to save you from one of the oldest vampires to exist?" He continued and then Alice entered the room.

"Cody is on his way and he really wants to meet you." She informed the doppelgänger as Rose shut her eyes and sighed.

Jonas had laid out all of Elena's trinkets that he stole from her bedroom on a table as Elijah sat across from Jonas.

"So how exactly does this spell work?" He asked and Jonas looked at the original.

"Give me your hand." He instructed as he grabbed a silver knife. Elijah extended his hand out, palm facing up, and Jonas sliced it open with the blade.

"Place it here." Jonas gestured at the family portrait of Elizabeth, Elena, Jeremy, and their parents. Elijah put his bloody palm face down on the picture and Jonas continued the instructions.

"Now, take my hand." He said, extending his hand to Elijah, who took it in his other hand.

"Close your eyes. Relax your mind. And look for them." Jonas continued and Elijah shut his eyes. Jonas followed suit and began chanting a spell in Latin.

"What do you think they're doing there?" Elizabeth asked as Damon drove them to Richmond.

"Probably looking for more information about the moonstone or Klaus. One of the two." Damon said, rolling his eyes. Elizabeth smiled and leaned her head against the window, but jumped back when she saw Elijah's reflection in the car side mirror.

"What's wrong?" Damon asked, concerned and Elizabeth shook her head quickly.

"Thought I saw something." She breathed out a sigh and Damon accepted her answer.
_________________

Elena was gazing out a window when suddenly, she saw Elijah's reflection walking towards her in the window. Elena gasped and turned around, saw no one else in the room with her. Confused, she turned back and looked at the window before looking back into the room again.

Elijah's eyes flew open, a look of rage twisting up his handsome features, making Jonas lean away from him.

"You saw them, didn't you?" He asked, hesitantly and Elijah nodded, curtly.

"I know exactly where the doppelgänger is." He stated, wondering why his and his brothers' mate was again traveling with that dark-haired vampire.

Elena walked into the main room, sipping on a glass of water. She looked over at Alice and then turned around and gasped because Damon and Elizabeth had snuck up from behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked, furiously. His baby brother was running a crazy scheme to get the moonstone because he thought it would save Elena and here she was putting herself in danger.

"What are you two doing here?" Elena asked, hotly as Rose and Trevor entered the room. Elena turned around and looked at Rose angrily.

"You called him?" She accused and Trevor let out a sarcastic bark of laughter.

"No, I texted him and Lizzie before we left. They were behind us a good part of the way." He admitted.

"Yeah, we had to stop and make sure the others were okay for their hopeful storm of Fell's Tomb." Elizabeth muttered.

"You said that you understood." Elena continued looking at Rose who shrugged helplessly.

"She lied." Damon deadpanned and Elena turned back to look at him and Elizabeth. Alice walked up to them, starstruck at seeing Damon.

"Damon Salvatore!" She gasped and Damon looked at her, weirded out. Was this Slater's weird sibling or a strange girlfriend that shared his stalking habits?

"Get rid of her." He told Rose and Trevor who both nodded.

"No...Way!" Alice said as Rose and Trevor each grabbed an arm and led her out of the room.

"Come on. We're leaving." Damon said to Elena, less than impressed.

"No." Elena retorted, crossing her arms like an angry child.

"I said we're leaving." He told her, giving her the look.

"I'm not going with you." Elena snapped and Damon let out an angry breath.

"You do not get to make decisions anymore." He told her and she scoffed.

"When have I ever made a decision? You and Stefan do that for me. Now this, this is my decision." Elena insisted and Elizabeth snorted.

"We don't let crazy people make their own decisions, especially when they're doing something that could get two other people killed." She snapped.

"Who's gonna save your life while you're out making decisions?" Damon asked, only half interested in saving her life and that was only because she was Stefan's girlfriend.

"You're not listening to me, Damon. I don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that I love." Elena complained and Damon finally lost his patience.

"Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself." He warned, grabbing her arm tightly. Elena struggled for a moment before managing to get free.

"No!" She shouted, throwing a punch at Damon's face. Damon caught her fist in his hand and moved in closer with a deadly look on his face. Elena gasped in shock as he began squeezing down on her knuckles enough to hurt, but not to injure her.

"Don't ever do that again. The only reason I haven't killed you or let someone else do it is because of Stefan." He threatened before releasing her fist and walking away. Elizabeth followed him as Elena stood alone, looking horrified.

Bonnie continued to chant the spell and the flames flared up. Katherine, dragging Jeremy behind her, came back towards the entrance.

"Ohhh, something's happening." Katherine snarked as Stefan looked back at them. Jeremy looked at Bonnie and knew he had to say something.

"Bonnie, no!" He protested and Stefan looked back at Bonnie, a look of alarm on his face.

"You have to stop her, she's not strong enough!" Jeremy pleaded as the flames flared up higher.

"Maybe she is." Katherine commented.
_________________

Luka Martin was sitting at a table, doing homework, when suddenly, he felt Bonnie channeling him and he grimaced in pain. Jonas placed his hands on either side of the table and looked at his son, sternly. 

"What's going on?" He asked, and Luka finally decided to be honest.

"It's Bonnie Bennett. She's channeling me." He admitted and Jonas looked horrified.

"Why would you let her do that?" He asked, sternly and Luka looked at his father.

"You told me to bond with her, so I bonded." He informed him before groaning in pain as his nose started to bleed profusely.

"Oh, God." Jonas gasped.
_________________

Bonnie's nose was bleeding as well, but she continued to chant the spell. Stefan walked over to her, concerned at the sight and smell of the blood.

"Bonnie....Bonnie...." He tried getting her attention and failed.

"You gotta stop her!" Jeremy insisted and Katherine had enough of him shouting in her ear and elbowed him in the face, causing him to fall to the floor. Stefan looked back at Jeremy to see if he was okay and then looked back at Bonnie before grabbing her arm.

"You need to stop. Bonnie!" He ordered.
_________________

Luka fell out of the chair and onto the floor, clutching his head in pain. Jonas got on the floor beside his son in worry.

"Luka!" He gasped, removing his son's hands from his head and replacing them with his son. Finally, Luka seemed to be okay if a bit weak from the channeling.
_________________

Bonnie continued to chant the spell as Stefan tried to persuade her to stop, growing increasingly frantic as she continued chanting.

"Bonnie!" He shouted and suddenly she fainted. Stefan got down next to her and began to shake her.

"Bonnie. Bonnie, wake up, please. Bonnie, wake up. Bonnie." Stefan pleaded, only slightly reassured by the heartbeat he could hear.

"Yes, please because I'm still in here!" Katherine snapped as she impatiently paced around inside the tomb. Bonnie finally began to come around and Stefan looked relieved.

"Are you okay? You all right?" He asked as Bonnie, who was feeling fuzzy, sat up with his help before using his arm to stand herself up.

"It didn't work." She mumbled, looking into the cave, upset at the fact Jeremy was still stuck in there. Stefan held onto her arms so she wouldn't fall back down.

"I'm not strong enough. Even with help, I can't do it." She realized and Katherine shrugged.

"Ahhh, that's too bad, I'm still hungry." She taunted as she grabbed Jeremy's shirt and pushed him against the wall. She extended her fangs and prepared to bite him on the neck when Stefan vamp-sped into the tomb and grabbed Jeremy before throwing him out. He then restrained Katherine against the wall.

"Go!" Stefan ordered as Jeremy fell to the ground and Bonnie knelt down and wrapped her arms around him. They both looked up at Stefan who looked back at them. Katherine looked at Stefan with a smug smile, she would enjoy this.

Damon opened a set of double doors and exited the bedroom. Elena, Trevor, Elizabeth, and Rose all looked at him from their seats in the living area.

"Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." He ordered and suddenly the front doors burst open and threw men walked into the apartment. Damon and Trevor looked at them as Elizabeth, Elena, and Rose stood up.

"We're here to meet the doppelgänger." One of them said and Elena stepped forward.

"Thank you for coming." She said, attempting to walk towards them, but was stopped by Damon and Elizabeth.

"I will break your arm." He whispered and Elizabeth leaned in to add her own threat.

"I'll staple your feet to the floor of your bedroom." She murmured as Damon looked at Cody.

"There's nothing here for you." Damon snapped at Cody before the man in the back suddenly dropped to the floor, dead. Elijah stood behind him and the other two looked back at Elijah who vamp-sped towards them, looking between Cody and the other one. Rose and Trevor gasped before speeding out of the apartment as Elijah looked at Damon, Elizabeth, and Elena.

"I killed you. You were dead." Damon stated, nonplused at the idea of a vampire coming back to life from being staked.

"For centuries now." Elijah snarked before smiling at Elizabeth and then turning back to Cody.

"Who are you?" Elijah asked, wrinkling his nose up at the younger vampire.

"Who are you?" Cody asked, arrogantly and Elijah looked ready to roll his eyes.

"I'm Elijah." He informed the younger vampire who lost all his bravado at this.

"We were gonna bring her to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her." Cody stammered and Elijah hummed.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" He asked, not wanting Klaus to know about the doppelgänger yet.

"No." Cody admitted and Elijah looked satisfied.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful." He said before plunging his arms into the two vampires chests. They grunted as Elijah ripped their hearts out and they fell to the ground dead as Elijah let his hearts drop from his hands. Damon shoved Elizabeth and Elena behind him, preparing to fight with Elijah, but was surprised when Elijah only glanced at Elizabeth before speeding out of the apartment. All three remaining looked at each other, all with shocked expressions.

Elijah was standing at a window, looking out when Jonas entered the apartment and shut the door behind him.

"Where's Luka?" Elijah asked, wondering where the younger warlock was.

"Asleep." Jonas answered and Elijah nodded before turning around to look at him.

"Your shadow spell was successful. I was able to track that girl and my beloved. However, I did have a little run in with one of the brothers that killed me." He informed the warlock.

"I assume he didn't live to tell about it." Jonas commented and Elijah shook his head.

"Actually, I spared him. He'd die before he'd let anything happen to my beloved, for some reason. The other will protect Elena. They'll both be kept safe." He stated and Jonas nodded.

"The doppelgänger is only for now." He reminded Elijah who nodded.

"Well, that's precisely what we need her to be. Temporarily safe. Klaus will not harm my and his beloved, not for any reason." Elijah stated before looking back out the window.

Elizabeth entered her bedroom, feeling exhausted, but jumped when she noticed the jewelry box sitting with two notes on top. One was from Jenna that read:

Found this on porch with your name on it.
- Jenna

The other was written in beautiful script that matched the one from the bouquet of flowers she found.

To my Sweet Beloved,

This is a necklace I acquired centuries ago and its beauty should match your own. I wish to see you wear it and that you should think of myself when you see it. I hope to reunite with you soon and explain everything to you.

My eternal devotion,

E.M.

She opened it and gasped audibly. It was a beautiful diamond necklace with a large heart shaped diamond pendant, much too expensive for her to ever wear even once. It was clear from the wording that the necklace and the flowers had come from Elijah and she wondered what would happen if Klaus found her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 6.1K 30
Corey Gilbert is Elena's twin sister. She tries to be different to her sister because they were never close. Elena took everything from Corey, but wh...
3.8M 96.7K 43
The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON TWO - THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK ONE OF T...
29.9K 558 12
Summary: (y/n) is the Salvatore younger sister and she is low key in love with with one of the originals. You know which one. That's basically it. A...
222K 4.9K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...