The Marriage Trap || SeongJoo...

By the_sapphic_simp

Seonghwa and Hongjoong attends counseling from their marriage counselor, Dr. Bang. The only thing is....they... More

Accept or Decline the Offer
Stalking the Star
Stalking the Moon
Flirting (Awkward Rizz)
Insults
Screaming
Good Morning Texts
Lipstick
Opps
Smile for the Camera

Coffee?

232 15 86
By the_sapphic_simp

After laughing and walking out of the building, Hongjoong gathered every courage cell in his body to...not ask Seonghwa if he wanted to get coffee.

He was scared.

His palms were sweaty, his breath was sharp and hoarse, and his mind forced his mouth shut.

Seonghwa noticed how Hongjoong avoided his gaze, looking at everything but him as they talked about the session.

It was his turn to be the brave one.

"Hey," Seonghwa stopped, lightly brushing his hand against Hongjoong's.

Both their faces became tinted with pink as Seonghwa grabbed his hand and apologized.

"It's okay," Hongjoong smiled. "But, you were saying?"

"Right," Seonghwa laughed nervously. "Um, I think the session went well, did you?"

"Yeah, I thought so, too," Hongjoong pulled his lips into a curved flat smile.

"Then," Seonghwa jabbed his thumb toward the road. "Should we get some coffee? I know a perfect place!"

"Seonghwa."

I mean, unless you know one, too! Then we can go-"

"Seonghwa."

"-There! But only if you want to go there! If not, we can go to my usual place! But only-"

"Seonghwa!"

"Hmm?" The older one smiled, snapping out of his rant.

"We can go to your place," Hongjoong chuckled. "Thank you for asking."

"Great! Yeah, um, it's this way," Seonghwa pointed down the street. "It is not too far from my place."

"Alright, please lead the way," Hongjoong stepped aside, allowing Seonghwa to guide them.

Along the way, Hongjoong asked about Seonghwa's hobbies. That led to a rabbit hole of Star Wars facts and plots. He found it amusing how Seonghwa's face lit up like a light when talking about it.

That and he felt their hands lightly brushing against each other, their knuckles touching each other ever so slightly.

Hongjoong felt his mind tell him to stop, to run away before getting hurt again.

He knew his brain was right, but for once, he wanted to be right.

It wasn't like they would get married; they were already a fake married couple.

It was just to get out of the house, cure his boredom, and allow him to feel human again.

That's all.

He didn't have to worry about growing attached; deep down, he knew he would cut off the line before reeling in a fake fish.

"Okay, let's have some fun," Hongjoong thought to himself.

"We are almost there!" Seonghwa cheerfully sang. "It's up there," he pointed at a small cafe a few blocks away.

"Ah!" Hongjoong looked at the cafe with a smile. It had a fairy/cottage core aesthetic to it, making it feel like a scene from a fantasy scene. "It looks perfect!"

"Right!" Seonghwa jumped. "I found it while walking one day!"

"Hmm! Let's hurry," Hongjoong grabbed Seonghwa's hand, rushing toward's the cafe in excitement.

Seonghwa smiled, his face flushed as he ran to catch up with Hongjoong. "Coming!"

Once they arrived, Hongjoong told Seonghwa to order whatever he wanted for the both of them before rushing out of the cafe.

Seonghwa stood there, dumbfounded and slightly scared that Hongjoong had ditched him. However, he kept in faith as he ordered their drinks and sat down. He waited for what felt like hours, slowly drinking his coffee and watching the whipped cream of Hongjoong's drink melt away.

He began to believe Hongjoong had ditched him, and his thoughts consumed him with negative ideas.

You got stood up on the first date? 

How lame.

You made too many mistakes.

You're useless.

You should have worn something more mature.

 Hongjoong looked like a model, and you looked like a child.

Seonghwa looked down at his clothes, opening his camera app to see if anything was wrong with his appearance.

Sighing, he debated telling Wooyoung that it didn't work out between them.

With the sound of the fairy bells connected to the door, Hongjoong rushed in, panting, before spotting Seonghwa.

"Oh, my God!" The man rushed towards Seonghwa and grabbed his hand. "I am so sorry! That took way longer than I thought it would!"

"I," Seonghwa stuttered. "What happened? Are you okay?" He got up from his seat and rubbed Hongjoong's back to help him breathe.

"I am fine!" Hongjoong smiled, standing straight and pushing Seonghwa back onto his chair. "I am so, so, so, so, so sorry that I took that long! I couldn't choose a pair, and we can totally exchange it if you don't like it."

"What?" Seonghwa sat down, confused, as Hongjoong sat across from him. "What are you talking about?"

Hongjoong grinned, pulling out two small boxes and opening them.

One box had a silver chrome ring with a flat star-shaped faux diamond.

The other had more of a white-colored metal and a flat crescent moon faux black diamond.

"Park Seonghwa, will you marry me?" Hongjoong smiled. "And help me see how long that Aussie can spot the difference?"

Seonghwa gasped, placing his hands on a smile and trying to hide his laugh.

"Yes, of course!" Seonghwa playfully held out his hand for Hongjoong to place the white-colored ring on his ring finger. "I love it!"

"Yeah," Hongjoong chuckled, placing the other ring on his finger. "Thought it would be cute to have our favorite colors on each other. But, I am just glad the ring fits."

Before Seonghwa could say anything, everyone else in the cafe started to clap, cheering for the newly 'engaged' couple and congratulating them.

Hongjoong's face froze up, his jaw slightly lowered as his eyes widened. "I forgot that people exist."

"Ha!" Seonghwa scoffed, turning to the people. "Thank you!" He held his hand up and wiggled his fingers. "I am engaged!"

"Yah, what are you doing?" Hongjoong asked under his breath.

"Having fun," Soenghwa responded the same way.

Hongjoong only scoffed, shaking his head as he saw a worker come over with a piece of white cake.

"Here you go," the worker smiled. "This is on the house to congratulate you two on your engagement!"

"Oh?" Seonghwa wiggled his eyebrows are Hongjoong with a smirk. "Why, thank you!"

The worker bowed and left with a smile.

"Well, now I got a fiancé and free cake," Seonghwa smiled, stabbing into the piece of cake and feeding it to a surprised Hongjoong. "Best. Day. Ever."

—----

Hongjoong took the last sip of his fantastic coffee before throwing it in a trash bin. Seonghwa laughed at how Hongjoong had drunk every drop of the first order and returned to order another one.

Seonghwa learned that Hongjoong had seen the jewelry shop on the way there and got the rings to look less suspicious of Bang Chan...and that he couldn't decide on a pair, so he showed the owner a picture of Seonghwa and allowed her to pick the rings.

It made his heart flutter at the thought.

Hongjoong offered to drive Seonghwa home, but Soenghwa insisted on walking him to the bus station. Seonghwa didn't want to burden Hongjoong anymore today and couldn't wait to tell about his day to all his friends.

Halfway to the bus station, Seonghwa began to wonder how Hongjoong got such a close match to his ring size.

"Hey, Hongjoong," Seonghwa asked, watching Hongjoong sanitize his hands after throwing away the cup.

"Hmm?"

"How did you get my ring size?"

"Oh," Hongjoong chuckled, his cheeks growing pink as he rubbed his nape. "That's why I grabbed your hand. I used that time to feel your finger and made an estimated guess."

"Is that weird?" He asked, looking to the floor and kicking his feet.

"No! No," Seonghwa shook his head. "I love it. Thank you, seriously."

"No problem," Hongjoong began to walk again. "It is to help us with our plan."

"Ah," Seonghwa nodded, following Hongjoong. "The 'No plan' plan?"

"Yep!" Hongjoong popped the p. "I can't believe it worked...or is working."

"Same!" Seonghwa nodded. "I can't wait to see what BS we make up next time!"

"I love fake drama," Hongjoong smiled at Seonghwa's happy face. "We should watch some dramas and base it off that."

"I would love that," Seonghwa shyly smiled, placing his hands behind his back and swaying his shoulders. "Should we watch a movie after our next session?"

"Yeah," Hongjoong nodded, looking at the floor with sweaty palms. "Just tell me what you want to watch. I like all the genres."

Seonghwa faked gasping, slightly bumping his shoulder into Hongjoong's. "Even horror?"

"I love it," Hongjoon chuckled. "Wooyoung and I used to watch it when he brought San over to scare the fuck out of him. He did it to fuck with him; I did it so they would be too scared and wouldn't fuck in my house."

Seonghwa started to laugh; his laugh-like melody Hongjoong had begun to piece together in his head since the moment he met him.

His breathing became sharp and fast as he leaned on Hongjoong for support.

One thing Hongjoong learned in the past few hours was that Seonghwa liked to touch.

Always touching him in some way, either brushing their hands together or just straight up touching him like now.

It did make him uncomfortable at first; Hongjoong was not a very touchy-feely person and preferred to keep his hands to himself. And preferred when others did the same.

However, he knew Seonghwa meant no harm and was probably similar to Wooyoung. Although, if this was Wooyoung, Hongjoong would have kicked him in the dick already.

Seonghwa noticed that Hongjoong would flinch with every touch, followed by an uncomfortable flat smile, so he really did try and refrain from touching him. However, he could only refrain himself so much from wanting to tease Hongjoong.

"That," Seonghwa tried to catch his breath, standing straight. "That is amazing. I would never think about it like that," he wiped away fake tears, slowing his pace as they reached the bus stop.

"You know me," Hongjoong wiggled his body. "Jackass, Hongjoong!"

"Oh, Joongie, you are too cute," Seonghwa smiled, covering his mouth with his hands.

"Ah," Hongjoong flustered, looking for a response, only coming up with "you too" before mentally smacking himself.

"I know I am cute," Seonghwa winked. "But I admit defeat on who is cuter when it comes to you. You look like a lil hamster!"

"A little?"

"Oh!" Seonghwa bopped his mouth. "I am sorry!"

"It's okay," Hongjoong laughed. "I am only messing with you."

"Whew," Seonghwa smiled before mischief flickered in his eyes. "Thank you, baby hamster."

Hongjoong's smile dropped as a sassy scowl took its place.

"Ah!" Seonghwa giggled, happy about his teasing results. "There is an angry baby hamster!"

"Bye," Hongjoong started to walk away before his hand was grabbed by a laughing Seonghwa.

"Okay, okay, I am sorry," he continued to laugh. "I won't stop, but I will tonight."

"Ah, how nice of you," Hongjoong smiled sarcastically.

"You know me," Seonghwa shrugged. "Super nice, Seonghwa!"

"I can see that," Hongjoong playfully rolled his eyes.

Shortly after, the bus pulled in front of the station, causing Seonghwa to frown.

"I guess it's my time to go," he rubbed his arm. "Um..."

"Text me when you get home safely," Hongjoong chimed in, placing his jacket over Seonghwa. "And make sure you return this to me soon. Maybe even before our session."

"Yeah!" Seonghwa stuttered. "I will do that-"

"Stop flirting and get on the damn bus!" The bus driver yelled through the door, earning a laugh from both of them.

"Coming, sir!" Seonghwa rushed into the bus, playing before sitting down and waving at Hongjoong through the window.

Hongjoong waved back, watching the man give him a silly face before facing the front.

Hongjoong, you lied to yourself.

Seonghwa, you lied to yourself. 

--

A T T EN TION

A T T EN TION

A T TEN TION

ITS WHAT I WANT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 2.1K 31
Seonghwa, Wooyoung and Hongjoong have been best friends for years. They all three are going to the same university where they'll inevitably make new...
45.8K 2K 21
Mingi works at a coffee shop. He lives in a small department with his friend Seonghwa. After he ended his relationship with DongHan last year, he end...
17.8K 752 58
Yeosang was in a very bad relationship for a long time and he almost didn't get out until Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and Yunho helped him out. Ever since...
88.8K 9.8K 200
Season 2~ The only Kdrama on Wattpad- Eight boys, eight stories, eight people who are just doing their best when the sun rises each morning, to push...