In This Life, The Greatest St...

Tia_Molan

[Exclusive serialization] One day, a miracle came to Seon-woo, an aspiring idol who has a face for a face, a... Еще

CH 1 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 2 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 3 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 4 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 5 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 6 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 7 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 8 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 9 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 11 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 12 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 13 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 14 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 15 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 16 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 17 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 18 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe
CH 19 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

CH 10 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

65 2 0
Tia_Molan

8:30 in the morning.

I announce that the arrangement is complete in front of the all the trainees.

"What?"

Seo Rihyuk had an expression on his face seeming to doubt his ears.

"How can you do it all in one night?"

"Well."

". . ."

"I'm just kidding. It just happened worked out."

The fellow with a speechless look asked, "Did you do it properly?"

"You'll find out when you hear it."

An interruption of a giggle came from the youngest.

"It's not accepted if it's a mess. You'll have to buy the snacks."

"Hey, snacks isn't the important issue in this situation."

"Why though hyung. A ghost who dies after eating looks good. Of course, it's important to eat." (The ghost sentence part is a Korean Proverb which stress the importance of eating cause food is good, so that's why a ghost would look good instead of dead after eating LOL)

While the youngest and main vocal are arguing with each other, Junghyun and Bijoo, the senior high schooler line, are talking among themselves.

It was along the same conversation of, 'Already done?', 'Don't know, let's just listen'. I held the USB that I received from the director and connected it to the speakers.

I'm a bit nervous.

The director said he worked on the piece on his computer, but I never actually got to hear it. What if something like, 'Bang Sang, Kaerang Kaerang' suddenly plays? (The bang sang part is just random noise gibberish)

"Ok, I'll play it now."

Everyone looks doubtful.

Just how high of a quality will the arrangement be for just one day. How high and would it be just as high as the sky?

However the mood change when the accompaniment began.

With the clean intro, Junghyun's mouth created an, 'Oh' shape. Whenever he nods, Bijoo would also nod. The youngest stopped chewing on his chocolate and concentrated on listening. Rihyuk was also taking it seriously.

Overall, he seemed surprised by the high quality and was soon satisfied.

The first 30 seconds were evaluated, but after those 30 seconds, the trainees fell into the song in earnest.

That was the 2 different tunes.

After the first verse, we moved onto the second verse. It's the part where the melody that connects the two in the middle emerges. (So not quite on verse 2 yet I think?)

In a somewhat unfamiliar section, the members tilt their head in wonders.

"This is the section where Junghyun will rap."

Everyone nodded, especially rapper Junghyun who had a satisfied smile. It's a good melody to write lyrics for.

Then the rap section ended and the second verse started. The second verse was composed of music different from the first verse.

Everyone concentrated on listening with nervousness, but seemed to admire the natural connections.

"How was it?", I asked how I felt after the song ended.

"At first, I was skeptical since you said you would do it in one day, but I didn't expect that the quality would be this good."

"I like the rap part. It sticks with you."

It wasn't empty compliments, but everyone seems satisfied.

What a relief.

Honestly, I was confident, but I also wasn't confident. It's been 2 years since I arranged a song. I stayed up all night. I was worried about what if the reactions would be bad because of how it was made, but the reactions were better than I thought.

"Well..."

Rihyuk finally opens his mouth.

"You win the bet."

"Okay."

"The quality was high so that's why I accepted it."

I gave a smile to Rihyuk who looked dissatisfied, but it couldn't be help. Now we got a purpose.

Without stating their age or years of training, I naturally gained the trust of the members through my arrangement skills. (In Korea and other places, hierarchy base on experience/age is important, so most elder/higher ups like to abuse that power since the young/less experienced can't defy. . . or I'm dumb)

"As promise, I'll be taking full control of the performance."

I remember what I have planned in advance.

"Let's divide the roles out first."

* * *

Making the choreography would be done by main dancer Kim Bijoo.

Vocal directing would be done by main vocal Seo Rihyuk.

Of course, Kim Junghyun would be in charge of rapping since he was the only rapper.

"Then what about me?"

"Uhh. . . I don't know."

Looking at the youngest with his eyes wide open, he was in a state of agony for a moment. It's kinda ambiguous to say he's useless.

I thought up of a good excuse, because I couldn't say such harsh things to a growing sprout.

"You'll be charge of supplies."

"What? What's supplies?"

"What kind of star are you?"

"Like him."

"It's similar to overload. I just need you to bring them lots of food." (iffy on this sentence)

"Oh, I'm confident on that."

The youngest nods as if to leave it to him.

"Oh, Wooju hyung."

Bijoo took something out of his bag. It was a spiral notebook. Kim Bijoo slowly opened what was written in his notebook.

"What's this?"

"After hearing the plan that hyung told me of yesterday, I sketched out the choreography. How about this if you haven't distributed the parts out yet?"

"Really? Let's see."

For a few pages, the drawings of squiggly people were moving in different directions. It was a crude drawing, but what he wanted to do was well convey.

Looking at it, I look at my buddy with hopeful eyes.

"Did you make this in one night?"

"Yes."

"You're amazing too."

It was a heartfelt compliment. I knew how difficult it was to make a choreography since when I was in TJ ENTERTAINMENT, I once had to make a choreography during a group monthly evaluation.

I can't believe it's been a night along with me being impress by how good of a quality it was than I had expected.

As such, he had dark circles under his eyes. I was wondering to myself why there was a shadow around his eyes. It looks like he made this when he got home.

"Okay, then this one. . ."

I pause for a moment trying to continue talking.

Oh?

It was because I notice something strange while watching the distribution of the choreography made by Bijoo.

I didn't know since it was so natural.

"Wait a minute, I divided the vocal parts yesterday."

Part distribution.

For group performance, it's first to be share which part of the song will be sung by who. And so, you have to do that first in order to make the choreography.

I took out the outline of the part distribution saved on my phone and compared it with Bijoo's choreography distribution and express admiration.

"Wow."

"What's wrong?"

The youngest who couldn't stand the questions intervened.

"Look at this."

When I turned over the phone, the four of us huddle together to watch.

Just like me, we switched between the distribution parts of Bijoo's choreography and mine before then blinking.

"What. Why is it the same?"

The choreography distribution made by Bijoo and the part distribution made by me were 90% indentical. It was unbelievable to be real. Wouldn't it be better if we had telepathy with each other?

It was difficult for Kim Bijoo, who would've dance alone on the bed, to match the frequency of my thoughts who was arranging it in the practice room.

". . ."

At that moment, we were engulf in a strange confidence. It's was like a sign before a big hit. Everyone looked at each other quietly and nodded as they felt like everything was falling in place.

"Then shall we go on like this?"

Everyone nodded to my question.

Less than a day later, it was the moment that the part distribution, choreography distribution, and roles were share. That meant the basic framework was complete.

"Okay, what's our team name?"

"Team name?"

Kim Bijoo said with a smile to my question.

"By agency, we make a team name and roll with it. Since we gain an additional member, we're going to change it."

"What was it before?"

"LEMON BOYS."

Why was my face burning?

"It's a bit weird isn't it?"

"It's not a bit, it's very weird. Who came up with the name?"

"Our CEO."

"Actually, hearing it again, it sounds kinda nice."

The trainees giggle at my sudden change of attitude.

Even though it was temporary, it was difficult to create a team name. There were all sorts of nonsensical names like DEVILS, YELLOW GREEN, FIVE STAR, and more, but none of them caught our attention.

It was like choosing a late night snack. I felt like something would pop out and captivate my appetite on a late night, but nothing happened.

"Let's just make a rough decision, you said it's temporary anyway."

"So let's do FIVE STAR then."

"Not that one Junghyun."

I shook my head at Junghyun who insisted on the name FIVE STAR. He appealed with his eyes as if asking for approval from the others, but soon flop down due to the member's cold refusal.

Seo Rihyuk's words were the decisive blow.

"Make yourself FIVE STAR then."

"Really?"

"I'll just quit however."

". . ."

I was positive that we can arrange songs, divide the parts, and choreograph to it too, but choosing a name was tricky. While I was pondering for a long time, the youngest spoke as if he had found something.

"Wooju hyung."

"Yes?"

"Where did you buy that sweatshirt?"

"From K-MART.", I said with a smile.

"Why do you like it?"

"Ah no, I don't buy it if it's expensive."

Wang Jiho who was speaking in a sour manner pointed at my sweatshirt.

"There's something written on your sweatshirt."

"This?"

"Yes that, what does it say. Junghyun hyung, please read it."

"CHICKEN IS THE NEW BLACK." (Originally written in English)

Listening to his fluent pronunciation, I look at the writing on my sweatshirt.

Wang Jiho spoke, 'What do think of the writing there? NEW BLACK."

"NEW BLACK?"

"What do you think?"

Whenever a new name came up, there would be continuous jabs at the name, but surprisingly, there was no blacklash this time.

That was because it was easy. (Easy as in good)

I even search through the Internet in case it meant something weird in English, but there seems to be nothing wrong.

"THE NEW BLACK."

It was an expression use in English meaning a new trend.

"Then who agrees with NEW BLACK?"

Everyone raised their hand to my question. That confirmed our temporary team name, 'NEW BLACK'.

Now all that was left was to practice.

* * *

DECEMBER 2013.

While everyone was busy finishing off the year, we were also busy preparing for the end of the year evaluation.

Fortunately, the team NEW BLACK members have done their parts well.

"Let's check the choreography first."

In a few days, Kim Bijoo created the choreography that we all admired. It may be lacking for experts to see, but it was a dance perfect to our taste.

However, due to the dance being a higher difficulty than expected, other members expect for me died one by one as the day progress. It was as if the gates to hell was open.

Especially Seo Rihyuk, the dance hole, who's expression became paler day by day. But he kept running around like a fish in water. (Dance hole means someone who's bad at dancing)

"I can't hear your vocal tone Bijoo hyung. Do it as you normally do. I'll tell you when you can't use your voice."

"Sorry. My breathing must have been bad at the beginning."

"Again, let's go back to the beat."

It was scary directing with a tiger teacher. (Tiger teacher means someone who's strict-, correct me)

Our skills have been force to improve everyday due to the sharp criticisms that comes flying at us if we make a mistake.

"Hyung, will you listen to the rap?"

Kim Junghyun, a rapper, did his part well. Not only could you feel the rhythm that makes you nod along, but also the rhythmic sense of flow that spits out with the lyrics.

When the rap was over, the youngest approached Junghyun like an ambulance by placing chocolate in his hand. It was a cute scene every time I saw it and so we were doing our best in our respective field.

DECEMBER 28TH.

The day of the showdown was coming close.

* * *

It was December 27, a day before the end of the year evaluation.

To hear a voice after a long time, I called my grandma. The connection to the call was heard a few times and then a loud and clear voice enter my ears.

- Is this Wooju?!!

"Yes grandma, it's me."

- What's the matter with you this time?

"When did I ever call you because of something I need to do?"

I laugh back.

"I called because I wanted to hear your voice."

- You're getting sick.

"I'm going to curse again."

- It's because I'm going to be criticized for everything.

"You're so mean, really. A grandson called his grandma because he thought of her."

A grumbling sound comes over the phone and makes me smile.

"Are you getting really to come tomorrow?"

- Of course I'm ready.

"If you don't feel well, just rest at home okay. It's not a big deal coming to Seoul."

- Then I got to go see it.

"But?"

- Yeah. If I don't go see it, then we'll see. Yeah, your grandma, back then was disappointed, how could I not go.

Well, that's not wrong.

"Actually, I'll be nice if you came to see me."

- Right?

"Yes yes. That's why I prepared a present this time around for you."

- What? Did you buy something like nutritional skincare cream again?

"No, it's something else."

Not long ago, I went to the department store and bought clothes for grandma. Of course, it was a secret until tomorrow.

"What about the cream I brought last month? Are you using it well?

- I'm saving it. It's good since it's made out of foreign ingredients.

The happy voice made my heart warm.

"Tell me if you want to buy anything else. I'm rich since I got payment this time."

- Here you go again.

"I'm being honest with you. I buy a lot of cosmetics too. And so, I'll go to a senior citizen center and ask out for a date with a grandpa." (Our boy setting up date for his grandma)

- I'm done, that's it. I'm sick of a man. I've been through bloody pain until your old man died. . .

It seems like I chose the wrong topic. The voice of my grandma throwing out complaints about my deceased grandpa became talkative.

"Grandma, I think I have to go now."

- Why? You don't want to hear about it?

"No, it's time to practice. They're call for me."

These words were real. The youngest was running towards me like a puppy who was talking on the phone in the hallway.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow grandma."

With that, I hung up the phone.

* * *

Kim Deoksoon hung up the phone and sigh. (Grandma's POV)

"Goodness, you're still a punk."

I felt so bad that I had to do something this time.

What do you mean by idol?

Why go through trouble and cry in the end. I was so happy when he said he was going to give up, but I couldn't believe I was doing this again.

'What can I do. He's going and twisting his arm.' (Meaning that he's making his life harder than it it)

Ever since you were young, idol. All about idol and here you are. Was it the evaluation tomorrow?

Kim Deoksoon, who was taking out some clothes to wear, suddenly remember something while applying the skincare cream to her face before going to bed.

What was in the drawers.

The second drawer contain an old painting. She took out the old painting and stared at it. A drawing with a sense of the passing time.

[ 2ND YEAR, CLASS 1 SEON WOOJU ]

(2nd years equivalent to a junior. . . middle school I think, but could be Highschool)

There was a picture underneath the rough handwriting. Under the yellow crayon painted spotlight, there was a little boy singing while playing the piano.

[ FUTURE DREAM : BIGGEST STAR IN THE UNIVERSE ]

(His name, 'Wooju 우주' is a punny play on word in the Korean language which also means ,'universe'. Also part of the title of the book haha)

[ Teacher!! I'm going to be the most famous person in the world!! ]

Kim Deoksoon prays deeply in her heart as she looks at it.

Gods in the heaven.

I beg of you.

Please let my grandson do well this time.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

80.4K 2.1K 81
an eighteen-year-old boy, trying his best to save his ass from being whipped by his soon-to-be husband, and at the same time, he wants to get away wi...
25.8K 1K 10
Oc female Jackson x Hermes x Apollo x Ares
40.4K 1.8K 26
Princess Bella, the first and only daughter of the famous rulers of the United Kingdom of Auradon, Belle and Beast. The twin sister of Prince Ben, yo...
230K 9.1K 31
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚