Fire Escape

De ThatOneCringeGirl

ever sense Error can remember, hes dedicated his life to giving his dying brother, Geno, a gift. the gift of... Mais

Prologue: hired
Chapter 1: a new morning
Chapter 2: Puke It Up.
Chapter 3: a rising suspicion
Chapter 4: everything is overthinking
Chapter 5: is it worth something I cant control?
Chapter 6: is this good news?
Chapter 7: once the sunlight is gone
Chapter 8: did you plan for the sun to rise?
Chapter 9: he never came home
Chapter 10: this cruel city
Chapter 11: home sweet home
Chapter 12: hes not home. Yet.
Chapter 13: what does this mean?
Chapter 14: whos better for me..?
Chapter 15: a very sudden change of feeling.
Chapter 16: dancing in the rain.
Chapter 17: a reason to cry.
Chapter 18: cold
Chapter 20: ..Nothing once more..
Epilogue: a happy ending

Chapter 19..

679 58 71
De ThatOneCringeGirl

( sorry for the long wait! Enjoy guys~! )

1 hour before: ...

Geno POV: Everyone sat on the couches in the living room, waiting on any others to show up, chatting and watching the tv which was blasting the intro song of a show named 'Ridiculousness'. A show filled with clips of chaotic moments of stupid people.

I hadn't done much talking, simply listening. But everyone made sure to keep me in the conversation, making sure to talk to me every so often.

Reaper sat next to me and had his arm wrapped around my back. His hand resting on my hip. He slipped his hand into my shirt and moved his hand to my back, gently caressed my spine, going lower and lower. Sending a small gasp out of my mouth and a chill to go over me. Luckily, no one was looking at us, everyone being focused on the tv as some more funny moments came on screen. I turned to look at him and grabbed his arm, tearing it out of my shirt, and glaring. he simply smiles.

I cant help but feel an embarrassed blush cover my face. I groan quietly and look away from him. He leans into me and wraps his hand around my back and on my hip once more. No longer resting his hand up my shirt.

"So Geno" says dream, focusing his attention to me once the funny tv clip was over. "Where are you from?" He asks, flashing a patient smile.

"Oh! I'm from a small town named Baneville. It's around an hour-and-a-half/ 2 hours, away from here. Depending on traffic and stuff." I respond, returning a smile.

"Oh! I see. Thats-"

A muffled ringing sound followed by a vibrating feeling in my back pocket.

The room goes silent as dream goes silent, allowing me to check whatever was going on.

I pull out my phone to veiw what was happening and noticed a call. Moms contact was on screen with the contact title of 'Mama bear ❤'.

I looked up from the screen and gave a small smile.

"Hey. It's my mom. Is it alright if I step out of the room to answer the call..?" I ask politely.

Dream smiles patiently. "Of course!"

"You can go step into my room to answer. Its upstairs to the left." Reaper says, pointing to the stairs. I nod in response and fast-walk over to the stairs, tirelessly walked up them, and turned to the left. I found the door that I recognized as reapers room and opened it.

I turned on the light and the room was burst into a yellow hue. Their was a bed with black covers, that rested on a tan carpet floor. Simple wardrobes against the back walls and sunlight peaking through a pair of black and grey curtains. I even noticed a small picture of me and reaper in a little frame on his bedside table.

I smiled to myself, and finally answered the call.

"Hello..?"

"Geno! Where are you!? The life 360 app says your in some town named Pentral."

"Calm down mom. I'm just visiting Reaper at his place for a party tonight!"

"Your sure..?

Your not their to look for Error.... are you..?"

I hesitate.

I hear an angry sigh.

"What's Reapers adress."

"Ma'am..?"

"What. Is. Reapers. Adress."

"Why..?"

"Because I'm tired of this. I'm picking you up and you and me are gonna have a stern talk. Face to face. And once we are done, you are going to say your goodbyes, and we are gonna head home and go to the graveyard. You need to see for yourself where your brother is."

"Mom-!"

"NO, Geno!"

Silence.

A long sigh.

"I'm gonna use the life 360 app to get the adress. Bye....... FRESH. PACK UP, WE'RE-"

the phone hangs up.

I felt frozen in place, and anxiety swelling up inside of me.

She would stop me... but...

......

I look at the clock. The time was 5:51 now.

Mom, knowing how she speeds, will most likely get here in around an hour and 20 minutes...

.....

I only have an hour and 20 minutes to find Error.

......

So be it..

An hour later: .....

Error POV: I watched as killer walked out of the room with a smile. Following dust and Nightmare. I stood in the room, trying to understand the dullness of everything. Sadly, I couldnt find an answer.

Their was a full-body mirror leaned up against the wall, and I looked into it.

My eyes seemed like all the light had been snuffed out of them. The window to my eyes was cold and lifeless.

Anything still burning in me was now just a heaping pile of ash as ice covered everything it touched.

I stood up and walked out. Unable to care.

I closed the door to Killers room behind me, and walked down the hall to the living room.

As I walked into the room, nightmare caught sight of me, and started ignoring dust, who was still trying to distract him.

He walked over to me and dust went quiet, noticing I had walked in.

"Hey. Everything alright..?" He says, resting his hand on my forearm. "Yeah..!" I hear myself say in a cheerful voice. My face molds to fit a smile and my eyes squint, but still.. nothing... not a single crack formed in the block around my soul. It still stood as sturdy as it had been built.

Nightmare looks at me for a second, but smiles after seeing my happy expression. "Alright.. if you say so." He replies softly. Removing his hand from my forearm.

"You guys ready to go? We're already fixing to be an hour late." Says dust, walking over and looking at me with a small smile. A form of comfort to reasure me that everything was alright. That he understood my situation..

Still frozen.

I nod, and Nightmare smiles in response.

"Okay then. Let's go..!"

Horror, dust, and killer pour out the room, and down the hall torwards the elevators that lead to the parking garage. But before I could follow, Night takes me by the hand and looks at me.

"Hey.. you alright..? Killer didnt say anything to upset you, did he..? You seem kinda off."

He says. I smile yet again, and take his other hand, I give him a small kiss on the cheek. Comforting him silently. "I'm fine Night. I'm just a little tired. But I'm sure the party will perk me back up. No need to worry."

"Are you sure..? You know you can talk to me. If your upset, then you can tell me."

I wish I was upset. I wish I was anything. Anything accept for numb.

Anything accept for cold.

"Dont worry. If I become upset, you'll know." I say, followed by a small laugh under my breath.

I squeeze his hands, and he seems to calm down, his eyes softening, and a small smile forming on his face. "Okay.." he replies.

I smile and put my hand behind his head, pulling his mouth into mine.

Still nothing.

..But I couldnt let him know that...

Our attention was tore away from eachother as a sudden flash seemed to blind us both. We turned our attention torwards the sudden bright light to see horror standing their with his phone, taking a picture, and killer and dust smiling devilishly next to him. Nightmare face immediately started burning a bright purple.

"Delete that- NOW."

"Nope!" Says horror with a smile.

Nightmare let's go of me and starts walking torwards him. "Horror- give me the phone." He says, glaring, not taking his eyes away from the tall skeleton. But horror suddenly speaks up. Also not taking his eyes away from nightmare.

"Hey..Killer..?"

"Yeah horror..?"

"Can you do me a favor..?"

"Yeah..?"

"..........

Book it."

Horror hands the phone to killer and killer rushes down the hallway with the phone. As soon as he starts running, nightmare starts chasing him, rushing out the room. But hes stopped momentarily when horror grabs his shirt.

Night quickly manages to get free but falls down in the process, not long before he quickly gets up and rushes after killer, who I could here laughing from down the hall. "KILLER! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" Nightmare yells as he chases the jokster through the halls. Both horror and dust laugh, and I leave the room, closing and locking the door behind me. I turned to look at the large hallway with other apartment doors. I see nightmare turn a corner by the stairs, and rush out of eye sight. Dust smiles widly.

"I dont know about you guys. But I'm not running down that many flights of stairs. You guys wanna take the elevator..?" He says, walking the opposite direction from the stairs that nightmare was chasing killer down currently.

We walked to the elevators, and dust pressed a small button on the wall. The elevator opened quickly and we stumbled in. Dust pressed the button for the elevator to bring us down to the guest floor lobby, and the doors closed once again.

Horror stood their patiently and dust leaned up against the wall, watching as the elevator displayed the floor numbers we were currently passing. The silence was very awkward seeming how they just walked in on me and night just moments prior... but once we got to the lobby, the heavy air around me faded. As soon as the elevator doors opened and we walked out, the door to the stairway slammed open and an out-of-breath killer rushed out, screaming.

"I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR CHASING ME. I DONT HAVE THE PHONE" killer says as he suddenly tosses the phone to dust and puts his hands in the air. "DUST HAS IT!"

Dust's face goes pale as he looks torwards the stairs. Nightmare burst out from the stairwell. His eyes land on dust and he glares.

"Uh oh.." dust mumbles, not breaking eye contact with Nightmare, who was currently breathing very heavy.

"Dust.." Nightmare says with a angry tone "give. Me. The phone." He takes a step torwards dust.

But that was enough the scare the crap out of dust, who booked it out of the lobby doors, and started running to the car garage. Nightmare groaned in frustration before giving chase and killer simply leaned against a wall and tried desperately to catch his breath.

"You good..?" Asks horror, going over to the sweaty skeleton.

"Yep..! Peferctly fine.." killer says inbetween breaths. He took a little bit of time to calm himself down and catch his breath before standing up straight again.

"Alright.. we should probably go make sure dust is still alive." Killer says, sounding exhausted. He walked over to the entrance doors and walked out, following after dust and night.

I go to follow him, but I'm stopped as horror puts a hand in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Hey.. you alright buddy..?" Horror says, an expression of concern washing over his face. He looked at me and I looked back. I responded back in a dry tone.

"Yeah.. I'm fine.."

I moved his arm away and walked to the door, following after the rest of the gang, but I was stopped one last time by horrors voice echoing after me.

"Hey..

you know you can talk to us..

right..?"

.................

...........I walk out of the building..........

I walk to the right and I'm met with the parking garage. I walk into the concrete building and I walk a little while until I get to where our cars where parked. Nightmare was standing on the opposite side of his car, with dust on the other side. Every time nightmare would move, dust would move so he was able to stay as far away from him as possible. They where both out of breath, breathing heavily.

I walked up to them and stood next to killer, who had gotten their before me. Sooner or later, horror came and joined us as well.

"Listen, I'll give you the phone if you promise not to smack me upside the head. Or kill me." Dust says, putting his hands up, the phone resting in his right hand.

"What!?" Yelled killer. "That phone now has great blackmail material! You know how many flights of stairs I had to run down to keep that picture safe!???"

"Shut up killer-" interrupts Nightmare, who then turns back to face Dust. "Deal."

"NO." Yells killer dramatically. Acting as if dust is giving up his lifeline. He looks at dust with pure disgust and heartbreak as dust hands over the phone.

Nightmare smiles evily at killer as he goes to the camera and deletes the photo, before going to the phones history and continuing to wipe the image off the phones history, making it impossible to recover the image.

"Sorry bud." Says dust, clearly over it already.

"I'm not." Replies Nightmare slyly. Putting the phone is his pocket and smacking both dust and killer upside the head rather lightly, but still strong enough to get the point across.

"Heyyy!" Dust says. And killer simply replies with a frustrated groan. "You said you wouldnt do that!" Mumbles Dust.

To which nightmare responds with: "I lied~". Theirs a slight coo in his tone. He looks at dust, basically mocking him.

Dust glares at him, and Nightmare replies with a mischievous laugh.

"Uhh.. guys..? We should probably go.. we are already late enough as is." Says horror, speaking up in a soft tone. The others agree and we decide to go in Nightmares car, seeming how killers car was kinda small for all of us.

We pile into the car and starts the drive to the party..

I simply stare out the window, and watch as the scenery flashes by in a blur of colors.

Yet..

. . . The ice still remains . . .

Geno POV: the party was buzzing with activity.

It seemed like hundreds of people had arrived, and they had all brought something.

Unopened booze sat on the counters, board games we set on the living room table, a speaker was brought and placed in a corner and was now blasting more music. Some one had even brought a cool LED light matchine that basically cast the whole room is a rainbow of colors. We ending up turning off the lights, and sure enough, the room looked like a DJ party.

All kinds of foods sat surrounded by wines, whiskeys, cocktails, and tequilas. Someone had even brought some drugs. The managed to smoke a bit before Reaper found some remains in the bathroom and kicked the group of people out and desposed of all the drugs. He had to light candles all throughout the house to get rid of the smell and was in a bad mood for a little bit. Luckily I was able to get his spirits up when I asked him for a dance.

He had a bit of beer on his breath. He wasnt drunk. Far from it. But he had drunken a little bit.

I wouldnt dare drink. Usually I would, but if I got drunk and risked the chance of missing seeing Error, I wouldnt never forgive myself. Not to mention, mom would get here soon, and I dont want to be drunk when she gets here. That will just upset her more if I'm stumbling and slurring my speech.

I couldnt risk it.

I wouldnt risk it.

So I just stayed near the door. Watching if anyone came in. I was snapped out of my thoughts as blueberry walked up to me with a smile.

"Hey! Sorry. I just noticed you where standing alone. I thought I'd come over and say hi!" He says.

Yet again, that smile gave me a feeling of uneasiness. It was way too bubbly. Too fake.

I wouldnt be suprised if this guy was secretly an evil a##hole behind his oh-so-bubbly facade.

But I didnt let him know that. I smiled back and laughed, responding with: "Yeah.. I kinda dont know anyone here.. these are all of Reapers friends. Not mine."

Blue continued to talk and ramble on to me after I give my half-way thought-out response. I find my eyes slipping back to the doorway again.

But their was no one their..

No one yet...

Error POV: we pulled up to the building and park alongside the multiple other parked cars. The large building was an apartment complex, but instead of housing a small building for people to live in, this apartment housed two story buildings for people to buy and live in.

Basically a big house, inside a big building with other big houses inside.

I checked my phone and told the others the room we were supost to go to.

We walked inside and went to the elevator, piling in, before we pressed the button to go to a higher floor.

We began our journey up.

Geno POV: I was "listening" to Blue talk about how he had a lot of friends he could introduce me to. And how he thinks I would enjoy meeting and hanging out with them.

It all went in one 'ear' and out the other.

I heard the sound of the door opening and I immediately looked over-

My eyes met with a monster.

..That I had never seen before..

The monster caught sight of a group of people and rushed over to them with a smile.

Still not yet..

Error POV: the elevator doors open, and we where greeted with a LONG hallway. We walked slowly, searching for the correct room. I saw a monster enter a room farther up, and their was the sound of a lot of people comming from the room. Almost sounded like a party.

The monster entered the room and the door closed behind them. I walked down the hall and to the doorway, and sure enough, it was reapers home. I called to the others and they walked over to the door.

"Welp. Here we are." Says Night. "Before we go in, I want to say that if you guys break anything, you will be paying Reaper back, and try not to get too drunk. Got it?"

"Yep!" Says killer.

"Uh-huh.." responds dust.

"Got it!" Replies horror.

"Okay.." I mumble.

Nightmare gives a small smile. "If anything happens, come find me. Keep your phones on you, and have fun guys." He says in a happy tone.

... he turns to the door....

And we enter the room-

Geno POV: "speaking of that, my friend Classic is here. I think youd really like him! He could be a great starting point for you to get to know some new people! Hes really laid back! Would you like to meet him..?" Says blue in an enthusiastic voice.

My eyes go over to the door before going back to Blue. "Umm... I dont know.." I say, not really wanting to leave my spot, just in case I loose sight of the door.

I hear the door open.

"Come on! I'll go introduce you to him!"

I turn to look at the door.

Someone walks in-

But suddenly, blue snatches my arm and drags me torward the living room. I nearly stumble seeming how I wasnt expecting it, and focus on balancing myself. Once I do that, I look torwards the door, but I find myself unable to see it due to a group of people standing in my way, laughing and drinking. I try to look past them, but they where too tall for me. I desperately try and look around them, but blue drags me away and yells to someone.

"Classic!" He yells, before we suddenly stop.

I turn to look to the door, and sure enough, someone did walk in. They where talking to dream. They looked a lot like dream actually.. the stranger's only difference was that they simply had purple eyes and purple attire.

Where they related..?

The group of people blocked anyone else that might have been standing by the doorway, but I doubt Error would be with that guy.. he wasnt the best at making friends, so if he does end up comming, I doubt he would show up with someone else.

I sigh and let it go for now.

"You alright bud..? You seem a little preoccupied." says an unfamiliar voice. I turn torwards where blue had drug me to, and blue was standing next to a slightly taller skeleton.

This must be that 'Classic' guy.

He wore a white turtleneck with a blue jacket and some black pants.

I see what blue mean by laid back now..

"Oh..! Uhh.. sorry.." I say kindly. His white eyes meeting mine "I was just a little distracted.. I was looking for someone.. my names Geno. Nice to meet you."

I shake his hand

"I'm Classic. Nice to meet you."

Suddenly, blue leaves us very quickly, rushing towards the entrance, waving to someone.

I ignored him

It was probably just another one of his stranger friends.

Error POV: nightmare and me walked through the door first, to be met with a room filled with people. The lights where flashing and people where yelling. The room reeked of alchohols, yet I could smell a small bit of berries. Presumably from the candles that where layered around the room. Their where many strangers I had never seen before. Multiple party decorations. Foods of all kinds. Exe.

"Brother!" I hear a voice yell.

I turn to see dream rushing over to nightmare with a smile, hugging him enthusiastically. "You made it!" He says.

"Yeah. I told you I would. Sorry for being late tho." Nightmare says, offering a small smile to his smaller brother.

The two brothers continued to chat, and the rest of us stood next to the doorway and admired the room. Not knowing where to begin. Their was a large group of people blocking the doorway, so I walked around them and started thinking of what to do first.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as I make eye contact with blue from across the room. He rushes towards me and waves. And I walked torwards him. Once he gets close enough, he tackles me in a hug. I nearly fall over, but stand my ground.

"Nice to see you blue. It's been a while!"

"Bout time you showed up! It's been so f###ing boring around here without you!" He says, his oh-so-cheerful act fading to a mischievous tone.

He look around to make sure no one was listening before whispering to me. "I've been secretly spiking the punch and spreading rumors for the past hour."

I cant help but laugh.

Blue was my best friend, and was not as 'innocent and cute' as he looked. He loved fooling people so that way he could get blackmail for later. He's a devil-in-disguise if you will.

And I loved it.

Or..

I usually loved it..

Yeah, i was laughing. But it didnt feel real.. I still felt numb. Deep down I was still frozen. Usually blue or Nightmare could brighten my mood, but now..?

Nothing.

"speaking of which-" blue says "Cross is here. You know, dreams boyfriend..? And Nightmare HATES him. I wonder what would happen if-" blue looks towards where I had walked from, his expression changing to a sly smile as he looked over my shoulder.

"Never mind. I dont need to wonder. I can watch it for myself."

I turn to see dream standing next to a skeleton that I didnt recognize. He was introducing the guy to Nightmare, and nightmare didnt look to happy. He glared aggressively at the poor dude, who looked very uncomfortable.

"Is that cross..?" I asked. Looking at the unfamiliar skeleton.

He wore a black turtleneck and a white scarf. His pants where white with holes on the knees, and he wore combat boots. He had on a small silver necklace, and a red scar under his eye that looked like a sideways lightning bolt. He gave a small smile to nightmare, trying to lighten the mood. Night simply responded with a angry scowl.

Blue nodded and we listened into the conversation.

"Brother, this is Cross, Cross, this is my brother Nightmare." Says dream. Oblivious to the tension.

"Nice to meet you.." says cross, offering his hand for a handshake. Nightmare ignores it, not saying anything.

Dream notices this.

"Brother.."

"Dream. Can I talk to Cross is private."

"No. Your angry. I can tell."

"I'll feel better if you let me talk with him."

"And you wont hurt him?"

"I cant promise that."

"Brother!"

"Oh come on dream! Why wouldnt I be mad. This guy??? You can find so much better!"

"Like who?"

"Anyone! Literally anyone! I cant name one thing this guy is good at."

"You dont even know him."

"Oh trust me, I know enough to-"

Suddenly, blue steps into the conversation. His innocent smile reforming. "Whoaaa. No need to fight! I'm sure we can settle this somehow." Says blue innocently. Cross and dream seem slightly relieved for the intervention, but Nightmare didnt seem too happy about it.

He scowled and balled his fist. Clearly not liking Cross at all. But he was the type to be very defensive of his family. And Cross looked very... intimidating? Not necessarily a kind looking guy. So it's understandable why Night didnt trust him.

"How about we settle this with a game of some sorts! Nightmare, if you truly belive that Cross is good at nothing, then he shouldn't be able to beat you in anything. So it's a fair and non-violent way of proving who's right!"

Nightmare opens his mouth to argue, but dream cuts him off.

"That's a great idea blue..!" He says, and both Nightmare and Cross seem uncertain.

"Alright! So ima go look for a game! Be right back." Yells blue enthusiastically before running over to me. He stands on his tippy-toes to whisper in my ear: "this is gonna be fun..~" before running off.

I turn my attention to the group once more. Not giving a reaction in order to not give Blue away.

I loved Night, but a little game couldnt hurt. Why should I stop the fun..?

Nightmare glares at Cross once again and mumbles something under his breath.

Dream speaks up, mainly talking to Nightmare. "Both of you are gonna play whatever game blue comes back with, and we're all gonna learn to get along."

"I'm never gonna approve of him dream." Says Nightmare. Emphasizing the word 'Him' with a venom laced voice.

"Unless you tell me a good enough reason why I shouldn't like him, then you dont get to say anything." Replies dream in a stern voice.

I'm starting to feel like Night doesnt like Cross for more than just brotherly protection.. does Night and Cross know eachother..?

"I found a game!!" Yells blue. Rushing back over to us, a board game in hand. The game was-

...Wait....- was that..?

.......Oh boy.......

Geno POV: as the night went on, I found myself getting more and more anxious. A heavy feeling settled in my chest and hiding in different parts of me.

I sat curled up on the couch, my head buried into my knees, and thought about everything that had happened. I felt tears threaten to flow. Everything was starting to get louder and louder and the people around me started to get more and more overwhelming.

Classic had gone home early to ho check on his brother, and had left me alone in the overwhelming crowd. I couldnt find Reaper and I was starting to panic.

Mom would get here any second and would take me out of here. She would stop everything I've worked so hard to find. She would stop everything.

I have to do something. I have to find someone to look for him, while Im gone..

Reaper wouldnt do it. And I barely knew anyone else here...

.....!

Maybe I could use that to my advantage.

No one knows that my brother is suposedly dead, so if I ask someone to look for him, they wont suspect anything.

Perfect!

But, who do I ask..?

I look up from my knees and look around before my eyes meet with someone that was less that a few inches away from my face. I nearly scream in suprise, but suppress my panic.

"Hey! Whatcha doing..?"

I calm down as the skeleton speaks.

"I'm just a little tired. That's all. What are you doing so close to me though, ink?"

"Well your breathing was weird and you where curled up, so I thought something was wrong. I was leaning in to tap you, but you raised your head." He says, standing up, and giving a clueless smile. Oblivious to my panic.

I guess he'll work..

"No.. I'm just waiting on someone, and I cant find them."

"Whats their name..?"

"Error. Hes my brother."

Ink goes silent. Thinking hard.

"That name sounds familiar..."

"Really..??"

He thinks...

".........

Nah. Nevermind. I dont think so. I dont remember." He says with a clueless smile.

"You... you dont... remember..?"

"Nope! I have a horrible memory. So even if I did meet him. I probably dont remember. I can look for him tho!"

I felt all the hope drain out of me.

"What does he look like..?" He asks obliviously

I look away, too frustrated to look at him in the face. My eyes goes to the door.

"He looks like- ...........!"

Two easy recognized figures stood at the door, and I felt the anxiety fill up inside of me.

Mom and Fresh where standing at the door, their eyes scanning the crowd for me.

I immediately turn to ink, not having much time.

"Listen to me ink. go to Reaper. He has a picture of my brother in his pocket. You have to make him look at the photo, and you have to remember and find him. Please, I-"

"Geno.." I turn to look at the female voice that spoke, and I feel my soul sink.

Mom glared at me angrily. Her eyes drilling into my every surface. Fresh stood behind her with an emotionless/blank expression.

"Come with me. We need to talk. now." She said.

I didnt argue further.

I looked at ink one last time, and prayed that he would listen to me. His expression held confusion and concern as I walked away torwards the door to go talk with mom.

We walked out into the hallway as the noise from the party faded behind a halfway closed door.

"Fresh. Stay in the party and go look for reaper. Tell him that we have to leave. I want to talk to your brother in private."

I look at fresh. And we make eye contact before he leaves back into the party. He closes the door behind him. Leaving me and mom alone in the party.

I look at mom and fear overwhelms me.

I sit silently and wait for the arguments to begin.

Error POV:

I watched as blue held up a board game that was quickly recognized as a drinking game. He held his 'innocent' smile as everyone's eyes changed to an expression of shock.

"This was the only game I could find.. sorry! But im sure it will work!" He says in a bubbly tone.

But I could tell he knew what he was doing. And for a split second, for the first time tonight, I felt a crack in the ice. A little bit of warmth. A little laugh escaped me under my breath.

But the ice quickly solidified.

And I felt numb once again.

"Ummm... I'm not so sure.." says Cross. And for once, dream was quiet. Unsure himself. But Nightmare noticed this uncomfortable feeling from cross, and immediately abused it.

"Alright. Let's do it."says nightmare, his face stern, and showing no sign of cockiness or smugness, even though I knew he was feeling it.

"Great!" Says blue, rushing over to the kitchen and setting the board down on the kitchen counter, setting it up and grabbing a few bottles of alcohol to play with. While he sets up the game, Nightmare looked at the uncertain Cross and smiled evily.

"What's wrong cross..? Dont tell me you want to back out already." He says.

Cross notices Nightmares evil intentions and glares. He responds with "no.. I'm playing..!"

But even though his face was stern, his voice wavered.

Cross didnt seem to be scared of nightmare himself, he was seemingly scared of death. And Nightmare seemed as if he was going to kill him.

When I first met nightmare, aka when dream introduced us, Nightmare didnt seem to treat me any differently than his brother. And he treated me very... monotonely... if that makes sense.

So seeing how much he doesnt like the thought of dream dating this guy, reveals he at least cares for him a little bit. But seeing how protective he is is the cherry on top.

Buttttt the whole 'I'll do anything just to prove your nothing compared to me' act that Nightmare was pulling? Not necessarily a good brotherly thing to do.

I watched as everyone walked over to the kitchen counter and circled around. Watching anxiously as the game started. Everyone exept for dust seemed surprised at how much alcohol Nightmare could take without getting drunk, although, he did complain about a migraine comming on. And the things on the board game were hilarious and stupid at the same time.

"Kiss the person next to you or drink."

"Punch a person without an explanation or drink." ( Cross got that one and looked at Nightmare, but ended up drinking because he didnt want to get his head ripped of by Night. )

"Sing a christmas song at the top of your lungs. And if its December, sing a Halloween song, or drink."

Most of the time, Nightmare drank. Wanting to keep a little bit of his dignity. But seeming how Cross couldnt take as much alcohol as Night, he had to do a lot more of the actions in order not to black out.

Torwards the end of the game, Nightmare was standing straight, but was rubbing his temples out of pain from a migraine, and cross was leaning on the counter, slurring his speech.

But before we could continue watching the game, dream came over and quickly stopped everything. "Okay.. I think we should stop... I think they've had enough."

Nightmare laughed victoriously as Cross tried to argue. Failing miserably. Saying something like "nooo.. mm not..... dnn...jst... yet...

why... are we....

whts.... hapnin..g..... agn?"

Dream sighs. "Sorry guys but.. I think Cross should go lay down.."

"Nnnnoooo. I.. gota....win frst...."

"No you dont. Its fine. Let's just go."

Nightmare speaks up in a mocking tone. Slightly slurring his words. "What..? Givin up alredy..? Sounds lik a loooser to me. Hehe"

"I'mmm NOT a lozerrr. You arrr. You son ov a b####" says cross drunkily

"Ohhhhh. Feisty now are we..? Ssay it to my.. face..!"

Before an argument could continue, dream snatched Cross and dragged him off. Nightmare smiles.

"Great... Now.... ummmm.... I'm gonna go splash some water in my face and hopefully.. find some headache pills..." he says, rubbing his forehead and leaving the room. Going upstairs to the bathroom.

He was probably gonna throw up while he was up their, seeing how much he drank.

Blue ran over to me with a smile and hugged me. "That was fun!" He said cheerfully.

I smiled back.

"Yeahhhhh. Sure it was. I love watching my boyfriend get drunk off his a## and get huge migraines afterwards." I said sarcastically. But, not gonna lie, it was kinda entertaining to watch.

Blue gasps happily "you guys are finally dating!??" He says with star-y eyes.

I had told Blue one point about my feeling for Night, and he hadn't let go of it sense. So this exighted him.

If only it exighted me..

The ice only grew colder.

Ink POV: I watched as that women dragged Geno away. He looked at me with a sense of hope and paranoia. I thought about what he said.

Why did the name Error sound so familiar..? Had i met someone with that name before?

Curse my horrible memory..

But, Reaper suposedly had a photo. Maybe I could remember if I saw him..? I looked around and tried to spot reaper.

Fresh POV: I looked around and tried to spot reaper. The room was loud and everyone looked at me weird. I walked around and sooner or later I spotted a familiar skeleton.

I had seen photos of reaper in the past, so I knew what he looked like. He was talking with a group of unfamiliar skeletons that I didnt care to talk to. But I walked over anyway.

I put on a smile, despite the lack of emotions that refused to make me feel any sort of feeling.

"Yo broski. What's up?" I said to Reaper. He stopped his conversation and looked at me with a confused glance. I had met him once in the past, but I simply said hi, then left back to my room. So it wasnt suprising that he didnt remember me.

"I'm fresh. Geno's not-6-feet-under brother. Nice to meet you again bruh."

The joke wasnt offensive to me. I couldnt care. Reaper seemed a little uncomfortable by the joke tho.

"Oh..! Umm.. hello. What are you doing here..? Dont you live kinda far away..?"

I ignore the question and turn to the group of people Reaper was talking too.

"Would you guys mind if me and my buddy had some alone time to talk? Thanks dudes." I say. Not waiting on their response. They mumble under their breath and give me some weird looks, but end up leaving.

I turn to reaper. My smile fading.

I take off my glasses.

"We're taking Geno home."

"Home..? Why? Did something happen?"

"He-"

"Reaper!! I've been looking for you!" Interupts a voice.

I quickly put my glasses back on before I look to see who it was.

I notice it was the skeleton that Geno was talking to before mom dragged him off. What did he call him when we were walking up.. ink..? Well. It does match the small splatter on his cheek.

"Sorry broski but, we're kinda in the middle of a super important convo."

Ink looks at me. He quickly recognized me, but continued on with what he had to say anyway "But- Geno wanted me to come talk to reaper when that girl dragged him away. It seemed important."

I sigh. "Let me guess.. he was talking about 'finding his brother'?"

"Yes..?"

Reaper speaks up, his attitude changing to a sour tone. "Is that was this is about..?"

Ink nods and talks quietly. "He was freaking out. He said you have a picture of him..? His name sounded familiar."

"Ink. Hes talking about his dead brother."

"......what...???"

Nightmare POV: I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. The rooms wall were cream colored and a cabinet with a white marble sink on it. Their was a tub against the far wall, and the toilet held a small basket on top with magazines and newspapers.

Their was a glass container holding a candle with a small flame that sat on the counter next to the sink. The smell gave me a bigger headache..

I walked over to the sink and ran some cold water. Splashing my face over and over.

I felt the cold water straighten out my thoughts a little bit. I even cupped some water in my hands and drank a little bit to balance out the alchohol.

I sat in the bathroom for who knows how long before I started to feel the consequences of all the shots I had took.

I opened the toilet lid and puked until i felt empty. The smell reiked of tequila and whiskey. I recoiled in disgust and flushed the remains down the pipes. I found a febreeze bottle and sprayed around, hoping to hide the smell.

I splashed my face some more before I closed the lid of the toilet and sat down. Leaning back and closing my eyes.

The buzzing sound of the yellow-toned lights seemed to block out the rest of the noise from the party downstairs.

The rosey smell of the candle started to smell good instead of feeling like pain in my skull.

And I could feel myself breathing and thinking clearly, instead of being a jumbled drunk mess.

Maybe it was best to stay in here for a bit before I went back downstairs...

I look to the small container filled with magazines and newspapers.

Might as well do something while I'm up here. Reading always cleared my mind in the past.. why not now..?

I sit up clearly and grab a newspaper.

The first article my eye caught was about a fire....

...A fire in a small town a few hours away called Baneville..

Geno POV:

"What were you thinking!??? When will this stop geno??" CQ yelled. I simply looked at the floor in disgust with myself.

Yet I didnt regret it.

"Why cant you realize hes gone..??"

"Hes not gone."

"Yes he is! He died in a fire. A hot, burning fire. He died with a whole apartment full of people, and he most likely died painfully. But hes happy now. Hes not in pain anymore...!

Why cant you let him heal?

Why cant you heal..?"

"Because hes not. Dead. Mom.... please just listen."

"No! You Listen to yourself! Your in denial Geno! The sooner you accept hes gone, the better.

We are leaving, now.

We are going to the Church Cemetary, and we are going to see your brother.

You will see were he really is.

And we will mourn.

Why cant you let me do that?

Every time you bring him up again, I feel a pain in my heart.

Why cant you let me move on..?"

"Because... hes. Not. Dead."

"For the love of God Geno..!-"

"I'm not doing this. I'm not going with you, and I'm not letting him go. Because hes not gone. I'm going to find him. I dont care what you say."

I walk back into the party. Ignoring her yells of protest.

Reaper POV:

"...what..???" Says ink. Clearly confused

I speak up. "Geno's brother died a few months back, and hes convinced hes still alive. He thinks hes somewhere in Pentral. He was hoping his brother would be here.. and I was hoping the party could destract him from his brother. Clearly not."

I pull out the photo from my pocket. Unfolding it.

"But sense hes clearly not going to do that-"

"HOLY S###"

"...? What..?"

Ink points at the photo.

I look at it...

Nightmare POV: I read the list of all the dead names.

Geno POV: I walk into the party and look up, making eye contact with someone familiar from across the room.

Error POV: I take my eyes away from blue and look torwards the door. I find myself making eye contact with someone familiar from across the room.

Ink POV: I looked and recognized the photo of Error..

Reaper POV: I looked and recognized the photo of Error..

Nightmare POV: I Read the name 'Error'..

Geno POV: I make eye contact with Error..

Ink POV:

Reaper POV:

Nightmare POV:

Geno POV:

Error POV:

Everyone POV:

..Error..?

Nightmare POV: I threw the paper on the sink counter, knocking a multitude of things over, and rushed out of the bathroom.

I heard the shattering sound of glass, but didnt bother to look back. I burst down the stairs, not bothering to close the door behind me...

( ..Let the fires burn.. )

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

35.1K 1.1K 200
This is a series of oneshots in my Refresh universe. Each of these one shots should be considered canon in that universe unless otherwise specified...
7.7K 377 34
in a world with no magic or technology, only curses and blessing, a small town sits on the border of the kingdom of 'new worlds'. this kingdom was ru...
42.7K 1.6K 25
- • x BLOOD AND GORE WARNING x • - Error stops, Where is everyone? It's so empty here... walking through the ruin halls he found nothing. no one, no...
14.6K 625 22
Soulstring: a piece of golden string that connects through the soul of families and relatives such as close siblings, this string of hope never lets...