Engaged

By MJH024

The Howard's and the Chapman's are the two richest and most influential families in the world. After gangs a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Parents POV (before the engagement)
Parents POV (at the end)

Chapter 26

3.2K 77 19
By MJH024

There was a knock at the door and Peyton got up to answer it. It had been long enough since Peyton and Lainey had talked that Lainey had forgotten Scott was coming over. Lainey left her room and went to the edge of the stairs to see who was at the door.

"Hey Sco-" but Peyton was cut off by Scott shoving their lips together. Lainey watched as they kissed and then walked off before she saw anymore. She couldn't watch the girl she loves make out with someone else.

Peyton eventually pushed hard enough to separate her lips from Scotts. "Scott what was that?" She exclaimed wiping their kiss from her lips.

"What do you mean? You said you wanted to talk."

"Yeah, Scott, talk not make out."

"Oh come on babe. Look I know you feel bad, but I forgive you ok. It wasn't you fault so we can pick back up where we left off. No need to start over." Scott went to grab Peyton's face to pull her back in, but was met with a firm slap from Peyton.

"What the fuck was that for?" Scott said holding his cheek.

"I said TALK!"

"And I said no need."

Peyton sighed from Scott's lack of ability to take a hint. "Scott I'm choosing Lainey not you."

"What do you mean you're choosing Lainey?"

"Look can we just sit down and talk about this?"

"No, what do you mean you're choosing Lainey? Choosing Lainey to breakup with? Yeah I know. That's why you called me over."

"Not exactly."

Scott was still confused so he gave Peyton a sideways look and she took it as her cue to continue on. "Ok, I guess I can't force you to sit so we'll just do it here. I loved you Scott. I truly did and I wouldn't trade our time for anything, but I love Lainey and I can see a future with her. When we were together I was all for living in the moment, but I never planned a future with you."

"Well, we can plan one right now." Scott cut in.

"No, Scott, it's not like Lainey and I sat down and planned one out together" she chuckled. "I can just see myself with her in the future. I can see myself building a life with her."

"No, you don't. You see what was set up for you. You've only done that because you thought your parents were going to force you to be with her for the rest of your life, but they're not and they even reached out to me and begged me to come talk to you. Peyton I had a new girlfriend and they convinced me to come back."

"Well maybe you should find her and apologize and get back together with her because I don't love you like that anymore Scott, and the more I think about it I never really did. I loved you because you were popular, we went out and had fun together, you were... decent in bed, but I never loved you the way I love Lainey. I could name a million things I love about her. I could go on and on about why I admire her and why she makes me a better version of myself, but with you all I think about is being that stuck up popular high school girl."

"You love being that girl when you were with me."

"No, Scott I loved the spotlight because it made my parents happy, but Lainey makes ME happy and I'm not giving up what her and I have built. Yeah it may not have been our idea at first, but she has shown and taught me things no one else has. I know that what we have is special and I will never find that with anyone else. So I'm sorry Scott but I didn't invite you over here to get back together. I invited you over because I thought you at least deserved to hear it in person and not over the phone. Please, go find your girl and fix things with her because I don't want to get back together. Goodbye Scott."

"Pfft" Scott scoffed. "Traded in for a fucking lesbian. I never meant a damn thing to you. Good luck getting off. There's no way she's as good as me in bed." Scott said walking down the driveway.

"She's actually better, and lasts longer than a few minutes." Peyton said slamming the door. 'What the fuck did I ever see in him' Peyton thought as she started up the stairs to go talk to Lainey.

Peyton knocked on Lainey's door but didn't get a response. She knocked again, but this time opened the door as she was knocking and called her name.

Lainey wasn't in her room but she had left her phone on the desk. She saw that Mack and Eli were on facetime with her.

"The fuck do you want now?" Eli asked.

"Eli shut up you don't even know Peyton's side. Maybe there's a reason she chose Scott."

"Huh?" Peyton said. She was confused because she hadn't chosen Scott. "Wait is that what Lainey thinks? Is that why she got upset earlier when I told her I was inviting him over?"

"Peyton, what are you doing in here?" Lainey said from the doorway.

"I was looking for you. Where were you? Wait why did you get upset earlier when I told you I was inviting Scott over?"

Lainey rolled her eyes. "I was in the bathroom, and I don't want to talk about you and Scott right now. Please leave me alone."

"No, Lainey I think you've got it wrong."

"Wrong? I have it wrong? You kissed him when he walked through the door! 'Oh Lainey I'm just going to invite him over to talk' AND THEN PROCEEDS TO SUCK FACE BEFORE HE STEPS IN THE DOOR!" Lainey shouted.

"I think we should go." Mack said. "Eli hang up."

"No this is just getting good."

"Eli. Hang. Up."

"Why she's just going to tell us later anyway."

"HANG UP YOU BAFOON!"

"Ok, ok, jeez no need to be so demanding MOM" Eli rolled his eyes and hung up. Mack hung up right after.

"Lainey he kissed me." Peyton said. "Wait were you watching us?"

"Not on purpose. It had been so long since you told me he was coming over I forgot. So when I heard the door I went to see who it was, but when I got to the edge of the stairs I saw you guys making out so I turned around and came back to my room."

"Well, if you'd have stayed you'd have watched me push him off."

"What?"

"Look when I told you I was inviting him over to talk, that's exactly what I meant. I wanted to tell him that we weren't getting back together, but I didn't want to do it over the phone or tonight at dinner when everyone was watching. I didn't know he was going to kiss me when I opened the door or I wouldn't have let it happen."

"You... You didn't choose Scott? But I thought you loved him? And now your parents aren't forcing you to be with me? You guys can be together."

"You're right. I did love Scott, and my parents aren't forcing me to be with ANYONE. Scott and I could be together, but I don't want to be."

"W-why?" Lainey asked, already hoping she knew the answer but needing to hear it from Peyton herself.

Peyton smiled. "Lain, I think you know why."

Lainey blushed, "Will you please just say it so I know for sure? I don't want there to be any confusion."

Peyton smirked and walked over to where Lainey was standing. She took Lainey's hands in her own and led her to the bed. She gently pushed Lainey down so that she was sitting on the foot of her bed. Peyton climbed on her lap and pushed the hair behind her ear that had fallen in her face.

"Lainey, I love everything about you. I love the way you make me laugh, the way you stand up for not only yourself, but those close to you and everyone else. The way you're not only a great big sister but you're also their bestfriend. I love the way you make me feel. I love the fact that you make me a better person. You are so kind, caring, loyal, genuine, honest, and everything else I could ever dream of. But, the thing I love most of all is how in love with you I am. When we first started living together I couldn't take my eyes off you. You have the body of a goddess, but that's not why I fell for you. Of course that caught my attention, but your personality is what I fell in love with. I may have loved Scott at one point, but I was never IN love with him. Lainey I am so in love with you it hurts sometimes." Both girls had tears rolling down their cheeks by this time.

They wiped the tears off each other's cheeks and Peyton kept going, "Sometimes when we're out and you're talking to a fan I get jealous. I get nervous that they are going to try and take you away. I get jealous because I know you're way better than me and you deserve someone better than me. I just hope that you're willing to stick with me and help me be the best version of myself because I love who I am with you, but I can't be who I want to be without you there so please please please don't give up on us." Peyton wrapped her arms tightly around Lainey's neck and cried into her shoulder.

They sat there like that for a few minutes just holding each other. When Lainey heard Peyton stop crying she moved just a bit to get her attention.

Peyton sat up with tears still on her cheeks. Lainey wiped them off and kissed her forehead. "Peyton you are good enough. You are more than good enough. You bring out the best in me and I never want to lose that. I want to wake up to your beautiful face every morning, and that morning voice of yours is enough to make anyone bust a nut." Lainey said causing them both to laugh. "I am so in love with you too. I wanted to tell you this morning, but I didn't get the courage worked up and chickened out. Then I wanted to tell you again after our parents had left but they had just dropped the Scott bomb on you and I didn't want you to think I was just saying it to try and convince you to stay with me. I could see that you were overwhelmed and I didn't want to make things worse by dropping the love bomb on you. Peyton, baby, I want to call off the wedding."

"What?" Peyton furrowed her brows.

"Let me rephrase that, I want to post pone the wedding, I guess I should say. I want us to have more time for our relationship to grow without it feeling forced. We didn't even get to set our own wedding date, our parents did it for us. We didn't get to choose anything about the wedding except for the people we wanted up there with us. P, I want to plan OUR wedding together on a date that WE set. I also don't want to rush our marriage. We didn't even like each other a year ago, and now we're supposed to be getting married in less than two weeks. I am so in love with you that yes, I do want to get married, but in the future, not yet. I want to experience being in love with you. I want to experience our life outside of a schedule our parents set up for us. I want to take you places because I want to not because they are scheduled in by our parents to keep us on track. I want to love you because I love you not because of some stunt our parents are trying to pull."

"So what does that mean for us? Do you want to call off the engagement too?" Peyton asked nervously.

"No, I don't want to call off the engagement. I love you and still very much plan on marrying you. I just want to be able to enjoy life with you a little bit longer and do what regular couples get to do before marriage. I don't want our honeymoon to be our first vacation. I don't want the first important date we share to be our wedding date. I don't want the first time we talk about kids to be when one of us is ready to have one. I don't want our one year anniversary of being together to come after we're married. I want all of those things with you, but before we are married."

"So you're telling me all I need to do is take you on a vacation, spend some kind of special date with you, tell you how many kids I want, and wait 5 more weeks so that we've been together a year? I can do that. I want 2 kids of my own, and to adopt 2 as well. Also if we hurry up and pack now we can be in the Bahamas by sunset. Want to get married in 6 weeks?" Peyton laughed.

Lainey laughed and pulled Peyton down on top of her as she laid back. "I do" she said in a sexy tone, "but I think there are a few other things we should do as well that might set us back a bit."

"Oh yeah?" Peyton said shifting her gaze between Lainey's eyes and her lips, and then back again.

"Yeah."

"Like what?"

"Kiss me and find out." Lainey smirked.

"Make me!" Peyton teased, but just as the words left her lips she was on her back on the bed with Lainey hovering over the top of her.

"So you want to play those games today? Ok, I see how it is, but don't get mad at me when I have you begging for it later." Lainey said in a low seductive tone.

"Uh oh" Peyton said knowing she's in for a long night.

"You started it princess, so there's no going back now."

That is where I'm ending it! I know, I know, what a buzz kill but honestly I think this story is long enough and I already feel like it is starting to get repetitive, which is the last thing I want. Please let me know if you want a continuation of this story. I would be willing to play around with a sequel of some kind, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. Thank you for reading and I hope you check out my other stories as well :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.5K 40
"I can't do this anymore. You have to choose" This is definitely not a question I've been prepared for but I definitely knew this was coming at some...
1M 33.7K 49
[There is spelling errors and it's confusing sometimes but I'll try my best to look for them before publishing a chapter] two dominate women... all f...
32.1K 2.1K 27
Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the cheek. But now, Abby is finally going to go...
39.9M 1.6M 72
Tobias and Talia are complete opposites, yet thrown together in an arranged marriage. Can they navigate married life in the wake of a terrible traged...