Destined

By Varistic

A Shuriri Fanfic๐Ÿ–ค More

Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Author's Note
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
Epilogue

11

451 11 2
By Varistic

It was a warm, sunny day in Wakanda and Shuri and Riri were sitting down at the table eating breakfast. Neither had showered yet so Shuri was still in her tshirt and boxers while Riri wore a pair of shorts and one of her girlfriends shirts which went down to her knees.

As they were eating, Shuri noticed that Riri's mind seemed to be elsewhere because she hadn't said anything since they sat down.

"What's wrong my love?"

Riri looked up at her girlfriend with a questionable look on her face, "You know I can read you like a book, now tell me what's wrong love."

Riri let out a sigh, "Well I was wondering... Could I call my family today?" Riri had woke up, thinking. Just thinking about her family. She hadn't talked to them since she got to Wakanda so she was missing them more than she had been already.

"Of course you can talk to them," she started pressing things on her kimoyo beads and a little screen popped up showing one of the Dora Milajes.

"Yes, my queen?"

Shuri cringed at the word Queen. She still hadn't gotten used to everyone calling her that, "Could you put Riri's mom on please?"

Riri heard some shuffling and then she was met with her mother, "Hi Riri."

"Hi mom," Riri teared up at the sight of her mother.

"How's your time in Wakanda?"

"It's been good, me and Shuri are working together to fix this and I promise once it's all over, I'm coming back." Shuri transferred the call to Riri's kimoyo beads, got up, and walked out. Riri guessed it was to give them some privacy.

"Nah, I bet you two will be getting married by then."

Riri let out a laugh at that but then saw how her mom was dead serious, "What makes you say that?"

"Riri, I've always told you that there's no time stamp on love but you never listened to me. I've had two soulmates in my lifetime child, your father and Gary, so believe and listen to me honey when I say this: You don't get to pick the time when you take new steps, the time picks you."

That made Riri sit and think for a few minutes. Love was something she really didn't know anything about. She could tell you the answer to any math or science problem there is but ask her anything about love, she'll just have a dumbfounded look on her face and ignore you. However since she found her soulmate, she was now willing to learn.

"RI," Riri snapped back at the sound of her mother calling her name, "I was just saying goodbye and that I'll tell Gary and your sister that you called."

Riri nodded her head and said her goodbyes to her mother.

"What will the colors of our wedding be?" Riri looked up to see her girlfriend now out of her pjs and in day clothes.

"Black and Red, symbolizing the Black Panther and Ironheart duh."

"Well you know what I just thought about while you were on the phone with Ronnie," Riri raised her eyebrow, "I haven't taken you on a date yet."

Riri sat thinking, "Wow you really haven't, you're a bad girlfriend."

"Well how about I make it up to you and you go got dressed for our plans today," she said giving her a peck on the lips. Riri hopped up and ran to Shuri's room to get dressed but came back with her head poked around the corner.

"Um, how should I dress?"

"Comfortable but dress for a sunny day cause its hotter than usual." With that, Riri took off down the hall again."

☆★☆

Riri had just got done styling her hair. She looked at her outfit and she felt like she looked damn good.

(Y'all, Teyana Taylor is really saving me with these outfits😭)

She walked out and walked outside. Shuri was standing infront of her car, just waiting. Although her jaw dropped when she looked at her girlfriend.

"What, you said it was hotter," Riri chuckled. The look on her girlfriends face was priceless to her.

They got in the car and Shuri began to drive. They sat quietly until Riri broke the silence, "So where are we going since we're using the car to travel?"

Shuri just looked over and smirked, "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

Riri just nodded her head, deciding not to keep asking knowing her girlfriend wouldn't budge. "Who are you listening to?"

"Koffee, you've never heard of her?" Riri shook her head, "Wow and I thought I was behind on modern time."

"Shut up, I'm not behind. I just simply don't know who that is," Riri shrugged.

They sat in silence for the rest of the ride until they got to a desert. Riri looked outt the window to see Aneka standing next to three floating bikes. Wait, floating bikes?!"

"Shuri, are we getting on hoverbikes?!" Riri turned around to see Shuri with a big grin on her face. Everytime Riri visited Wakanda, she was always asked the same question: When you gonna let me ride a hoverbike?

Shuri would always just tell her no but decided that she would let her just this once.

The couple got out of the car and Aneka crossed her arms across her chest, "Kusasa, kumkanikazi wam."

"What did she say?"

"Good morning." Shuri walked over to the bikes grabbing the helmet.

"Griot, start the bike." Just like that, Riri heard the sound of an engine starts.

"So, your AI controls it?"

Shuri nodded her head, "Yea but if you wanna use Vivid, I can connect her for you." Shuri held out her hand for Riri's kimoyo beads and Riri put them in her hands. Then she heard the sound of Vivid's voice.

"Vivid, start the bike." Then Riri's started. Man, these Wakandans just keep getting more and more impressive

Aneka started her bike and the three girls got on their bikes and Riri put her helmet on.

"So where exactly are we going?" She couldn't believe it, she really was about to ride a hoverbike.

"Just around the beach."

Shuri showed Riri how to control the bike and the three were off like a light. Shuri and Aneka were enjoying the ride but Riri was at an all time high. It was almost the same as riding a normal fourwheeler but it was in the air so that just made it even better.

"Baby!" Riri yelled out to her girlfriend, stopping. Shuri also stopped, waiting on her girlfriend to speak, "First off, where's Aneka?" she had just now noticed the royal guard wasn't behind her anymore.

"She took a turn somewhere else but I assure you, she isn't too far."

Riri nodded her head, "Wanna race?"

Shuri smirked, "Sure, straight forward until you see your next surprise but if you don't win, stop when you see me."

The two were side by side as their Als counted down and once they heard "GO!", they were off like a light. Riri laughed proudly as she passed her girlfriend. This is going to be a easy win.

Riri continued on until she saw something lit in the distance but she floored the breaks when she saw her girlfriend just sitting and waiting.

"How- How did yo- HOW?!" Last time she checked, she was ahead of Shuri and she didn't remember Shuri passing her so hour did she finish before her.

"You have to remember, I've lived here wayyy longer than you so I have every road and pathway basically edged into my brain."

Riri rolled her eyes. She still cheated.

"Your so focused on me beating you that you haven't even noticed what I made for you," Shuri stretched her hand out infront of her and Riri's eyes went wide.

(Ignore the ones in the back)

Shuri had set up a beautiful beach picnic. Aneka and two other Doras were there, Riri guessed for protection as always. The only thing she could think of was how could Shuri set the couches up so sturdy.

"You gonna keep gawking at it or are you gonna go sit down?"

Riri rolled her eyes playfully but went and sat with Shuri following behind her. "So when did you have time to set this up cause last time I've checked, we haven't been apart since I came back."

"While we were riding the hoverbikes," Shuri saw the questionable look forming on her girlfriends face and answered before she could ask, "The Dora Milaje helped out."

"How did they do it so fast though?"

Shuri shrugged, "They move fast."

Soon a waiter came with their food and they just ate and talked. Riri had to admit, Xhosian food was pretty good.

After that the two just sat on the beach listening to the sound of the waves and watching the breathtaking Wakandan sunset.

"Shuri, when exactly do you think we'll have a drama free life?"

"Elaborate"

"Well a life without someone trying to get vibrnium on Wakanda."

Shuri let out a sigh, "Honestly, as much as I would love to see the day, I don't think that'll ever happen my love."

The two just continued to sit in silence until Shuri got a ringing in her ear. She looked in the direction and saw what looked to be a shadow figure coming towards her. Shuri stood up and activated her Panther suit. At the sight of this, the three Milaje brought out their spears. Shuri pushed Riri behind her.

The shadow came closer and closer until it was close enough for her to see a male face and hear two words:

"Hey cousin"

Ok so I'm nailing it down from 5 to 3 new chapters cause I really don't want to keep you guys waiting like this whenever I have writers block😭 but I hope you enjoyed nevertheless)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.4K 39
( If you haven't seen black panther 2 yet I suggest you do ) โš ๏ธ SPOILER WARNING โš ๏ธ After everything that happened with Shuri becoming the black pan...
22.4K 123 35
๐‘บ๐’‰๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’‡๐’๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’Š๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’”๐’๐’‡๐’•, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’†๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’, ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’‰๐’Š๐’• ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’๐’๐’†๐’•๐’”. โŸโดต ๐‘ป๏ฟฝ...
7.4K 119 11
๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—ซ ๐—–๐—›๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—ก๐—œ๐—–๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ฆ: ๐—•๐—ข๐—ข๐—ž ๐Ÿฎ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ง!!! ๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—•๐—ข๐—ข๐—ž ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—™๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—— ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—ง, ๐—ฃ๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก ๐—”๐—ก๐—— ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—ซ แตƒโฟแตˆ แต’แถœแถœแตƒหข...
61.7K 1.4K 51
๐–ซ๐– ๐–ฃ๐–จ๐–ค๐–ฒ ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ฆ๐–ค๐–ญ๐–ณ๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ค๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ซ ๐–ธ๐–ฎ๐–ด ๐–ฏ๐–ซ๐–ค๐– ๐–ฒ๐–ค ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ง ๐–ค๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ธ ๐–ฆ๐–ด๐–จ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ฒ๐–ข๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ฌ๐–ธ ๐–ง๐– ๏ฟฝ...