CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA

By princessreign297

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But Caden is anything but normal. Unmated, unmatched, and the Alpha of... More

LET ME IN.
STAY
ALL OR NOTHING
THE RIVAL
FALLING FOR ME
FAMILY REUNION
NOT AGAIN
SLEEP WITH ME
MY POWERS
THE TRUTH
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
ONE OF US
🌶️BURNING DESIRE🌶️
AMBUSH
🌶️OUT OF THE ASHES🌶️
STRONGER TOGETHER
🌶️NO ESCAPE🌶️

TRAITOR

311 11 0
By princessreign297

CADEN’S P.O.V

I leave Arabella’s room with a heavy heart. I don’t know what it is but I’ve got a nagging feeling that something is about to happen. Maybe I need some rest, we both do. I don’t think I can keep it straight if I spend another night in bed with her. I having trouble keeping my emotions to myself around her as it is.

As soon as I enter my room, I fall on the comfort of my bed hoping that I’d at least get these few hours of sleep before training tomorrow morning but I can’t. I’m tired yes, but I can’t seem to keep my eyes closed. After about two hours of tossing and turning, I decide to go for a run around the estate to tire myself. Shifting mid-air preparing for my run, I hear a loud crash coming from Arabella’s room. Giving no room for thought, I dig my paws deep to run towards my mate.

As I knock the door down with my wolf strength, there before me is Erik, his hands strangling Arabella and his knee pressing hard on her reopened stab wound. I can feel Arabella fading away through our bond, but before she could completely fade, I throw myself at Erik hard enough to knock him away from her. I’m standing above her, crouched and baring my teeth in a snarl as she gasps. I want to ask her if she’s okay but I can’t. I know that she’s not okay and it’ll probably look like I’m growling at an enemy in my wolf form.

“C-Caden…I can handle this.” She insists but I know she can’t. It’s just her stubborn side taking over, so I ignore her, as I lunge at Erik again, who quickly shifts into a wolf himself.

Arabella scrambles out of the way as Erik and I collide mid-air. We slam to the ground, a flurry of teeth and claws. From the corner of my eye, I see Arabella sprint for the door, yanking it open.

“Help! Somebody help!” She yells for help but before she can call again, Erik escapes me, leaps for the door and slamming it shut making her stumble back.

I lunge ferociously at Erik but he’s too fast as he quickly slams me into the wall and I go limp.

“Caden!” I hear Arabella’s worried voice.

After knocking me unconscious, Erik turns to Arabella, stalking closer to her with his razor sharp teeth bared. She manages to move back, stumbling over herself, unable to look away from Erik’s brutal, lupine eyes. One step…then another…he’s almost upon her. He bends down with a snarl to make his final attack but before he could touch a single hair on her body, I pull up my strength and knock him away from her. My size and power dominates every inch of me as I pin Erik fast. I clamp down on Erik’s throat, holding him in place as he thrashes violently beneath.

“Whoa, what’s going on?” Kit, Beau and Juno burst into the room, brandishing weapons.

“Guys, please help Caden!” She should be worried about herself not me!

“Erik’s attacking him?” Beau asks the obvious.

“We’re on it. Stay back Arabella.” Juno comes to the rescue.

I shift back into my human form, clutching at my shoulder as blood drips from a harsh bite and furious as hell.

“Restrain him.” Beau, Kit and Juno descend on Erik holding him down at my command. With a howl of frustration, Erik shrinks, transforming back into his human self.

“Erik how could you---“Beau starts only for Erik to seethe out at him.

“How could I not! The bitch ruined our lives.” Erik seethes fighting them.

Hearing enough of him talking trash about my mate, I deliver a kick to his stomach and he collapses. My fists clench and unclench at my sides, blood running down my body as a storm of emotions pass over my face. I just got her back, I’m not gonna make the mistake of losing her again.

“Take him to the barn.” Beau, Juno and Kit pause, all turning to look at me in shock. When they don’t move, I snarl at them, my eyes burning with fury.

“Now.” I growl. They nod and drag Erik from the room. I turn to Arabella, pulling the rest of my clothes on.

“What’s the barn?”

“Stay here. I’ll be back soon.”

“Wait…I don’t want to be alone right now.”

“I can have someone come up and check on you. But you are staying.” I don’t want her to witness what I’m like when someone gets on my nerves.

“But--” She begins, but I set my foot down on this. She’s gonna have to listen this time. I’m not in the mood of doing this with her.

“I said stay.” My words are like ice in her ears. I storm out, slamming the door and locking it behind me. It’s the only way to keep her in.

We start our way towards the barn far in the woods. Far away so that no one can hear the screams.

 “Get your hands off me! I was doing this for you assholes!” Erik struggles to get loose.

“You didn’t do this for us.” My voice is void of sympathy.

 “No! Get off me!” Erik sounds scared for his life and he should be. He won’t be coming out of the barn.

“Keep watch.” I command Juno as Kit and Beau drag Erik in the barn and down to the basement and I tail behind them.

Down at the barn basement is a torture ground for the worst of my kind. Those who go against what the pack stands for. Those who go against me.

Right after Kit and Beau tie Erik up on a chair in shackles, I drop a sickening punch on his jaw, making him spit blood. I land another punch, and another, and another, and another until my hand goes limp with his blood all over my fist. And the bastard spits up more blood a filthy laugh escaping him fueling up my fury.

“Is that all you got?”

“I haven’t even begun.” I circle his bloody tied up frame.

 “I’ll do it again. That bitch is the daughter of--”

“I don’t care who her father is, damn it!” I interrupt him, slamming his bloody fist into his stomach. She’s my fucking mate and I love her. She deserves the respect as the Luna of this pack.

 “Erik…you were my friend. My right hand." I turn away from him; I feel the pain because this hurts me the most. I feel the anger rippling inside me. I can feel the killer inside me. 

“And you were supposed to be my fucking Alpha. But now you are a weak little pup under the heel of Raphael’s brat!”

“She’s my mate, you piece of--” Erik lobs a wad of bloody spit at me mid-sentence and the room goes eerily quiet. Darkness like I’ve never felt before consumes me as I snarl, my hands balling into iron fists. I’ve had enough of this. He’s a dead man.

“I trusted you!” I hurl his fist at Erik, knocking him and his chair to the ground.

“You were my pack! My family!” I kick him in the stomach and slam my fists into his side. Erik flashes me bloody smile. Kit and Beau hover in the corner terrified of me as I throw punch after punch at Erik with rage, anger and pain.

As I raise my fist again, Arabella leaps out of hiding and shields Erik, I stand frozen in place. I should’ve known she’d never listen.

"I thought I told to stand guard Juno. What the fuck!?"

"She's persistent. And now is when you need her the most. You're thinking straight, Caden".

"You don't get to make decisions for me warrior. Know your place." I growl, my wolf surfacing.

"Get out of the way Arabella.”

“No! I’m stopping you from doing something you’ll regret. A lot has happened around here because of me and I refuse to let regret eating you up, be my fault.” 

“Stand aside slut. Let him kill his beta and show his pack who he really is. As big a traitor as his bitch mate.” Erik adds gas to the fire inside me and Arabella apparently, because she wheels around and raises her own fist at him but stops herself.

“I refuse to touch you. You aren’t worth an ounce of my time or energy.”

“What?!” Erik thrashes on the ground pathetically, screaming at her as she turns to look at me.

“You’re right. He’s not worth it. I almost made a huge mistake.”

“Get back here! Finish what you started, you bastard.”

Without another word, I turn and walk out of the room, leaving Erik struggling in the dirt. Arabella follows me upstairs.

“Caden?” Her sweet voice calls for me.

“Caden…are you alright?”

“I almost…I really almost killed him.” My words are barely a whisper as I finally turn to her. The hurt and anger is evidently written all over my face. “He was my friend. My family. And I wanted to kill him.”

“But you didn’t kill him, Caden.”

“But I wanted to that’s the point. I’m exactly who he said I am. A fucking monster.” I say before storming out of the barn and she follow suit at a run, I take long, heated strides through the woods, refusing to stop but she doesn’t give up.

“Wait!”She move as fast as her little feet can take her halting at my get away haven. The hot spring within the pack’s estate.

“Don’t come any closer.” I don’t want her to see this side of me. I don’t want to scare her off by showing her this side of me but it’s too late. She saw everything. She saw how much of a monster I was. That’s why I wanted her to remain in the comfort of her room.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because I don’t trust myself anymore.” I don’t look at her; I just stare at the blood on my hands.

“I told you before. I’m a monster.” I try so desperately to wipe the dried up blood in my hands.

“I’m a monster who can’t control my impulses. I can’t protect my family, or my mate... Damn it!” I swear, tearing at my palms, desperate to get the blood off. It’s the truth I’ve wanted to avoid. It’s the fear that I was running from. And now it’s all happening.

“Caden, you’re not a monster.” She insists.

“Please stay back Arabella. I mean it.”

“No.” She stands her ground.

I freeze as she reachs my side, her steady gaze acting as an anchor in my grief when she takes my hand in her. A move I wasn't expecting.

“I’m not afraid of you Caden. So you may as well stop pushing me away.” Keeping her eyes on me, she  guide me down to the water’s edge. She dips my hands into the hot spring water, I  slightly flinch at the sting, but that doesn't stop her from doing what she's doing. Taking care of me.

“Arabella…” I try to pry myself away from her but she tightly holds me in place, ignoring me, gently rubbing her fingers over mine, and working away the cloud of red that haunted me just moments ago.

“You protected your pack by doing what you did. You protected me. I could never be afraid of you.” I stay awfully quiet, watching her hands glide over mine in the warm water, nodding after a long moment. Thinking to myself how lucky I am to have her back. Knowing that she back in my life.

“Thank you.” I softly say, making her smile. But as she relaxes, she suddenly doubles over.

“Arabella? What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing. I’m totally fine.” She insists but I'm far from buying that bullshit.

“You’re clearly not.” He close the gap between us. My fingers lightly tracing her abdomen and let's out a sharp gasp. “It’s really hurting you. Why didn’t you say something sooner?”

“It wasn’t at the top of my mind, let’s just say that.” She says but she let's out another cry. Clearly she's not fine and she was stubborn to let me help her.

“Come here.” I usher her towards me, threading my hand over the small of her back, immediately waking the bond between us of which I'm sure she feels as I guide her to the shore of the hot spring. “The water will help.”

“How? Does it have magical power? Leave it to you wolves to have some enchanted pool. I bet there’s mermaids too.” She tries to lighten the mood in the process and I smile at her unawareness of our world, given that she's an Alpha's daughter.

“No, but the sulphur does have healing properties. See?” I say, showing her my hand. Right where she washed them, the cuts and bruises have already begun to fade. “It dulls the pain too.”

I  step into the hot spring, tugging her with me. One step, then another, as we slip into the warm, intoxicating water until it reaches her knees.

“Well?”

“Yeah. It is nice.” I don't me to and I certainly can't help it as eyes travel down to her wet clothes clinging to her perfect body, just the thought of anyone seeing her like this when we get back already riling me up. She notices me staring longer than I intended and she tugs at them, wanting to take them off for better effect I suppose but she winces in pain, having disturbed her wound.

“Here, let me help you with those.” I offer. Reaching for her, my fingers lightly brush her stomach as I  gather her clothing, the process igniting electricity and I see her face getting coated in beautiful shade of pink, clearly affected by my touch as I hers.

“Hold still for me.” I command as I lift the fabric higher and higher. She silently nods at my command and a freaking smile ghosts across lips, loving how responsive she is to me as I lifts her clothing even higher. My fingers brush against her navel and her ribs, in but gentle innocent movements making her take it a sharp breath where as I was holding mine, fighting not to loose my self control.

“Does it hurt?” She shakes her head immediately.

“Good. Now rise your arms.” Slowly, she obliges, raising her arms as I carefully glide the fabric up and off of her body, leaving her exposed in her black lacy bra. Literally living nothing to the imagination and it takes every ounce of power in me not to reach out and feel her skin. Kiss her. Worship her.

“Is this alright?” I ask, my voice coming out as a husky rumble, I'm walking on a thin thread here.

“Y-yes. Thank you.” She stutters.

“You’re welcome.” And for the briefest moment, my eyes stake down her exposed flesh again and I hear her heartbeat quickening under my gaze and I know I shouldn't but I can't help the slight smile on my face knowing how much effect I have on her.

“Here.” I quickly peel my T-shirt off and I'm immediately washed over by the way she's eyeing me, from the V connecting my member to claw scars on my chest which I'm surprised she doesn't react to. I'm sure most women would. And God forbid if I don't like every second of it. I ball my shirt up and dip it in water then I gently presses it to her bandages.

“This won’t hurt, I promise.” I assure her.

“I’m tough. Don’t worry.” She insists.

“I know you are. You’ve proven that enough times already.”

I can hear the short breaths leaving her my body on contact with the water, as she grips on my shoulders and I can tell she's starting to relax as soon as she realized the water was taking effect. 

“Since you’re an omega, it won’t heal like mine but it does help, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah. It does.”

We stay by the hot spring until late in the evening. The sun is setting as Arabella meets my eyes, steam curling between our half-naked bodies as I softly stroke her skin and I don't know if she can tell but I somehow regret bringing her back into this world. I regret having put her in harm's way.

“Arabella, all I’ve done is hold you prisoner and get you in trouble. I put you in harm's way.”

“I get that you were trying to protect me Caden.”

“Was I? Or was I just being selfish?” My throat goes empty for a second when she gently place her hand over mine, stopping me for a moment.

“You’re a good man Caden.” I huff at her discription of me. I mean we both know I'm nowhere near a good man. I avert my eyes for a moment, trying to hide the emotion warring on my face but she sees right through me.

“I’m still responsible for this. For all of this. Idlf I hadn't brought you here, Eric wouldn't have tried to kill you.” I rasp, unconsciously moving the cloth higher, towards her chest. “I’m sorry Arabella. Let me make it up to you for that now. Let me take care of you. Let me show you I’m more than just your prison guard.” I drip some water over bare flesh, washing away the dirt, leaving a canvas of goosebumps on her body 

“Okay. I’m at your disposal.” The words leaves her parted lips on a sigh, and it is all the invitation I need to keep on working her body.

Working with care and precision I soothe my now wet shirt over her neck and shoulders. With every stroke, a sigh of relief escapes her lips.

“Close your eyes.” I order and her eyes flutter shut at my command. I squeeze the shirt over her hair. As a  cascade of healing water trickle down I hair I gently thread my fingers in her hair, softly massaging her scalp and she fucking purrs under my touch.

Fuck! 

“You might be a wolf yet. You sure like getting pat.”

“Shut up.” She retorts.

“Turn around.” I let out.

“You don’t have to ask me twice.” She turns around, now waist-deep in the water.

“Good. Because I wasn’t going to ask the second time.” I squeeze a warm trickle down her spine followed by the massaging cloth. Her knees buckle as my hands work at a knot in her back, my breath hot on the nape of her neck. “Is this okay?"

“Yes.” She responds almost immediately.

“Arabella…Your back is to me. If I wanted to take this off, I could make sure I don’t miss a spot.” I don't even recognize my voice, my words come out in a low, husky whisper as I shift closer to the shell of her ear. “I’ll be a gentleman. I promise.”

Letting her body do the talking, she reachs up and unclasps her vest, allowing it to fall away from her chest. For a moment, everything is perfectly still. I couldn't help stare at her bare back without my mind thinking of her bare breasts, heat radiating off of me hotter than the scuphuric water and I'd be a miracle if she hasn't noticed it.

“Your skin is….” I blatter before my mind could register what I was about to say as I slowly drag the cloth over the middle of her back and our bond flares to life.

“What did you say?”

“Your skin is…so smooth. Like it’s never seen a single hardship.” I know it's a cheesy line but it couldn't be more true.

“It’s seen its fair share. I just heal well." She says as she remembers what happened to her in the outside world.

"I’m sorry. I won’t let anyone touch you like that again.” In one way or another, I can't help think that everything leading up to now is my fault. Going on with the care I'm providing her, I squeeze  the water over her perfect breasts and iIt flows over my taut nipples making  gasp. Her body answering with a shiver of pleasure.

“There.” I seem to have brought her back from a daydream as I hold up her vest and she quickly fasten it back in place.

“Thank you.” She sincerely says as she turns back around to face me. I didn't miss the way her eyes travel down to the scars that mark my chest.

“I wish I could make it so this had never happened to you.” She referes to my scars as if it's her fault I got them but it's not. It's no one's fault. It's just what it is.

“Yeah. I would have preferred that, too.” I follow her gaze as I trace my hand over the scars, trying to imagine not having them. “I’d be a very different person.”

“What do you mean?”

“This taught me what violence really means. How much it can take away from you.” I say, digging my nails into my pecs over the re-stitched wound, not wanting her to see me so vulnerable as I remember that god awful day. But this doesn't cut it for her, I should have know as she steps closer to me and I automatically step back.

“Caden, you look incredible.” She doing a great job at trying to make me feel better, worth it even but I know better.

“You don’t have to say that. I know what I look like. I know this disgusts you every time you have to see it." 

As if to assure me more, she reachs out to me, her fingers close to my scarred chest and I freeze at the sudden gesture.

“Stop. It’s your turn to stay still.” She insists as her fingers make contact with mybscars. I flinch as I suppress the need to throw her hands away from, to tell her to stop lying, but I hold still as she traces my jagged skin.

“I know these remind you of a painful past Caden. But to me, they’re a part of you and that makes them beautiful.” She let's out as she leans in and presses her lips against the thickest scar making my heart heart thunder beneath her kiss.

“Arabella…”

“Just be a good boy and hold still, Alpha.” She sasses as she kisses the next scar, tracing its edges with her lips.

“They’re beautiful to me Caden. And so are you.” A tremor ripples over my skin, I'm not sure if it’s because of her lips on my chest or her wholeheartedly words as she kisses the final scar and I release a shaky breath.

“No one has ever…I mean…” I don't even know what to say to that as my eyes find hers. “Thank you.” Is all I could get out, handing her back her clothes and wringing out my shirt as we both dress.

“We should get back before dark.” I suggest as we walk side by side back to the pack house.

It's already night fall as we climb the stairs to the second floor. The silence between us is deafening.

“Well, I hope you get some sleep.”

“You too.” She says with a soft smile as she moves towards her bedroom door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Like hell if I'll let stay alone after what happened with Eric.

“To bed. Like you said.”

“Not in there, you’re not. Not after Erik attacked you right under my nose.” I tag her arm, pulling her back.

“What are you doing?”

“You’re sleeping with me, darling.” I say, not leaving room for argument.

“In your--”

“In my room. In my bed.” I  finish her words for her. 

I mean memories or not, now that I have her back, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 703 18
*Formerly known as Omega's Brother on my other account* Isabelle Smith was ranked an Omega at a young age. She was treated worse than the others. She...
42.8K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
50.7K 2.4K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...
13.2M 363K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...