The Red Wing Mansion

By CSWx1995

Alix is a backpacker out travelling before she goes to college. She takes the odd job to clean a haunted Red... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
The Sequel : The Pearl Wing Mansion
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter One
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Two
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Three
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Four
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Five
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Six
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Seven
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Eight
The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Nine

Chapter Twenty-Four

532 23 0
By CSWx1995

My parents decided to drive Pam home and they weren't returning until tomorrow at noon, so I had all night to run away with Fontaine on our risky little date – if I so chose to be his all night. And of course, I did choose. I couldn't resist!

I knew the general risk of dallying with an incubus was kind of bordering on madness, but my curiosity was getting the best of me; we had a past and I wanted to know everything about it.

The marriage certificate said it all.

Plus, I needed to get my friendship bracelet back off Fontaine anyway, right?

And I just read Pam's letter before making my way up to his cabin at the front of the Holiday Park.

Her words were sweet as pumpkin pie.

My witchy aunt always has accurate advice and premonitions, well I asked her about you, and she told me all your anxieties will go away if you dare; dare to be wild, dare to chase your dreams, whatever they may be, do not hesitate, go for it, Alix. Don't be afraid. Love – Your Best Friend, Pam.

Her sweet and simple message had boosted my confidence a thousand fold.

And I had three immediate goals now.

I wanted to be the best photographer. This new job allowed me a chance to do something I could enjoy and make a living from.

I also wanted to learn about my past – all of it.

And I wanted Fontaine.

So here I was, daring.

Dressed in jeans and a pink top Pam left for me as another gift, I make my way to Fontaine's cabin feeling wonderful – aside from the dirty sneakers, but I had no other shoes and my flip flops didn't seem to be appropriate dress attire to a gymnastics' tournament.

I check my phone. 6.55pm.

I'm right on time as I walk up the cobbled path to his door from his free-standing luxury cabin.

I knock. I hear Fontaine's boots walking toward the door, and I straighten my back, preparing for our next interaction.

The doorknob turns and I immediately see that Fontaine has his grey scarf, leather gloves but a brand new black suit on – and he looks like a model ready for a shoot.

His blue eyes are too blue, it's not fair!

His black hair just lies perfect forevermore, pushed back off his forehead.

Wah! I felt like I was dating a celebrity!

Well. One I had a kinky strange otherworldly past with.

"Husband," I test the word.

It clearly takes Fontaine off guard, as I notice his demeanour shift – even when his expression remains void.

He looks me over and drawls, "At least you tried," he speaks of the pink top.

"Courtesy of the greatest friend in the universe, Pamela," I smile even wider.

"You're in a good mood, Alix, good," Fontaine doesn't step aside to let me in, but he does step out of his cabin to shut the door, lock it and turn to me, holding his car keys.

"We have to go right now?" I ask, slightly flabbergasted, "I thought the event started at 8 –"

"Yes, we have to go," Fontaine finally shows a small amount of amusement, "What would we do in there, anyway?" he looks me over one more time, his eyes cheeky and the question both flirtatious and rhetoric, "You agreed to the terms?"

"Sure, let's spend the night together," I agree, feeling lighthearted about it, "As long as you keep your end of the deal too."

"Help you remember, everything?" Fontaine asks, raising a brow, and I nod. He fishes into his pocket and takes out Pam's bracelet for me. I take it from his gloved hand, slipping the purple weaved bracelet onto my wrist.

"Thank you," I sound so smooth, even though my voice is naturally husky.

Fontaine ushers me toward his car, and I walk with him.

So far, our interaction tonight was both aligned and perfect.

I don't see how the night could turn sour – it seemed my luck had finally turned in my favour with Pam's letter.

****

On this date, I had the protection of natural forces; Claudius Fontaine could not seduce a purity – I was immune from his demon influences.

But... I was not immune from my own feelings toward Fontaine.

Anyways. We are only at the Gymnastics event 10 mins, which is surprising to me, but welcome. Claudius was there to be a part of the formal introduction for the start of a new season and new competition, and then we walked out the side of the gymnasium and went back to his car.

Without a word, he drove us into Clue to a Night Market.

A small-town carnival was on as well, so there was a crowd out, and the street was covered in lanterns, lights and activity.

Fontaine and I walked through the market, and I bought some locally designed earrings – which he insisted he would pay for.

Then we bought ice cream again, like at the Lakehouse, but this time it wasn't gelato.

I eat chocolate ice cream, Fontaine eats vanilla – of all the flavours he could choose, heh... but still, we walk side by side eating out dessert, and eventually we find a public bench in front of a small live band at 8pm, while people move between the food trucks, and Fontaine and I blend in like two normal humans.

"Tonight's date has been... kind of perfect, boss," I admit to Fontaine as we sit close, side by side.

"Tonight has barely even started for us, Alix," Claudius finally makes his move.

I watch as his gloved hand now lands to rest snuggly on my knee, clenching and holding me steady – sending a pulse through my blood. A shiver runs up my spine; the very, very good kind.

I'm excited and nervous and oh my, I can't wait to tell Pam everything.

"What else shall we do?" I ask, shuffling just an inch closer, so our shoulders touch.

"Would you like to go to the Red Wing Mansion tonight? I have something private set up there for us," Claudius' eyes swipe to the side as he looks over me, while I'm attempting to lean into his side, "It's pretty much abandoned but that's the beauty of it."

"Alone?" I whisper now, hopeful, sucking in a breath when we hold each other's gazes.

Claudius can hear and see my desperation – but it is mostly excitement.

My boss reaches up a hand now to wipe a bit of melted ice cream off my chin with his gloved thumb... but he doesn't take his hand away. With his helpful movement he now chooses to hold my chin steady in his hand as he leans over to look down at me while I gaze adoringly upwards.

The distance between us is forever closing.

Fontaine's cruel lips are now within reach, as his eyes focus on my mouth, his thumb has pressed up against the corner of my mouth; and I've stopped breathing.

Three centuries chasing and seducing women had made him a master of such things, but also bored of such things.

I see that boredom in his eyes and the calm knowing of how each move will play out.

"Alix, will you behave tonight?" Fonatine asks me quite darkly, still holding my face, the leather of his gloves now sliding across my jaw, holding my head further back, keeping me focused, "And follow all my rules?"

"To live? Yes," I breathe out, "We have to be careful. I understand, Cl – Fontaine."

Fontaine moves in a downward motion.

His nose almost swipes mine, but instead he had just moved down to look closer into my eyes.

We are so so so very close, that even our breaths mingle together.

My eyes show both vulnerability and a strange trust in him, and I know it's because that's simply what I feel.

His eyes are – well, stark, sharp, judging... something.

What is Claudius critically analysing now?

"Mm?" I ask with a low moan, my eyes sliding from his lips to his eyes, back and forth, unable to choose what I want to focus on more.

"...I can never forgive you for making me wait..." Claudius murmurs, in pain, the bladed edge of his truth cuts between us, but he gives it to me straight, "...you tortured me..." he whispers that, "...Alix... why did you leave?"

He is asking a woman with memories that isn't truly here.

Argh. I feel inadequate in this moment.

In my obvious confusion, Claudius seems to remember himself, "...what do you want?" he asks me now, the present me. With the question, his tone darkens, detaches – as if he is talking to a stranger, "...and don't lie to me. What do you want and why did you ask for this date?"

"I have no idea, I'm just excited – I – well, look, logically, I'm here because I wanted to be here, I'm here because I want to be here with you," I answer, a little jumbled, but at least it's something, "I believe you. I believe we had a past together," Claudius is shaking his head slowly, and I start to copy his movements as I ask, "What is it? What's wrong now?"

"The past is dead, all we have is whatever this is between us right now, you gorgeous brat," Claudius scolds me, somewhat, when a moment ago, he had also been infatuated with one of his memories, "...I don't know what I'm going to do with you."

"You're holding my face, looking at me like that," I whisper, "Right?"

Claudius tempts me.

He leans down and his lips finally do caress mine.

Ice cool.

It's the very beginning of a demon's kiss, but as my mouth opens, the sexy incubus pulls back to see me gasping with air.

I'm leaning so heavy into his hand on my chin, attempting to close the distance, but he holds me firmly back.

"These rules are going to break your heart," Claudius admits, as my bottom lip trembles, and he looks right at it, "No romance."

"Why?" I gasp out, almost choking with the lack of opportunity to explore this spark between us.

"It will kill you," Claudius explains, coldly, "The less we touch... I can have you. In my arms, sometimes," he moves his lips closer again, not touching me, but putting his mouth by my ear, and still not touching his lips to my ear, or my skin, or my cheek – just putting his mouth there to speak hot air over my skin, a safe move, "When we fuck, it'll be torture."

"What kind?" I whisper, closing my eyes, just living for his hot breath on the side of my face, and his gloved hand still on my chin – the only safe contact we can have.

"Heaven and hell," Claudius answers bluntly, "Either you'll go mad or I will."

"Will I die?" I ask, bravely.

"Maybe," Claudius answers with that painful truth – he isn't sure, but he doesn't want that to be the outcome, "...will you follow the rules, Alix? Respect for my power is all I need from you."

Finally, Claudius Fontaine slips his hand from my face and he pulls back to properly look me in my eyes.

I am slightly hunched over, chewing my lip, trying to gather my thoughts.

I nod.

I nod again and I straighten my back so I don't look so pathetic.

Claudius doesn't seem satisfied that I will listen.

"Yes, Sir, I will follow the rules," I answer with words, speaking up.

Fontaine finally turns, he picks up my hand in his gloved hand, twirling his fingers over mine.

He squeezes my palm, stands up and pulls me with him.

We head back to the carpark, leaving the Night Market.

His hand is firm and entirely possessive around mine, the tension between us is almost a physical thing.

The energy has its own form.

Like I could feel it's shape.

Whatever we were together, we had some kind of magic.

I just... I just wish I could do more.

All I know right now, is if I follow Fontaine's rules – I'd definitely lose my virginity tonight... safely...

The question was, did I want that?

Well.

That wasn't the right question at all.

I had already jumped to the next part.

I was falling for Claudius.

But how did a mortal successfully love a demon – an incubus at that? When that love is exactly what could kill me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 3.3K 61
PLEASE READ MY BIO! Complete on Dreame and Ao3 Dax Whitlock is bored. He lives a boring life as a CEO of his company, doing the same exact thing day...
31 0 8
The hisses and whispers of the creatures lurk in the darkness. The screams of anger and hunger bounce off the dusty crinkled books. Harmless creatur...
634 54 40
Alistair's being plagued by dreams about a certain creature. And someone who could be his Grandmother, but no, she died. He lives in a town called Mi...
437K 26.4K 41
|2022 WATTY'S SHORTLIST| HER WISH CAN SET HIM FREE. When college student Ella Carrington finds an ancient locket and a gorgeous man literally falls...