Taking A Chance

By aniyahcheywrites

After being abducted at the age of 3 and held for 6 years by a man she considered family, Mercedes life chang... More

0| Description
01| Nightmares
02| Never Ending Pain
03| No Greater Feeling
04| Pop ups
05| The First Date
06| Greif is a process
07| One step at a time
08| I couldn't wait to see you
08.2| You have to want better for yourself
09| No Games
10| Family Gatherings
11| Life isn't worth living
12| Day 1 in Miami
13| Showtime
14| Should I take a step back?
15| We meet again
16| Sibling Bonding
17| Explanations
18| Popping The question
19| Let's Talk
19.2|Calm Conversation
20| "Family" Dinners
22| Nothing isn't the same anymore
22.2| I'm okay
23. I'm Tired
24| Run in's
25| Time to talk it out
25.2| I don't want to talk about it
26| Back in business
27|I said we're done
28| First Dates
29| Day 1..again
30| Healing Conversations
31|Looking better, Doing better, Living better
32| Closure
33| Day 1 in Bali
34| A wild night
35| A wild night pt.2
36|Epilouge: Until the end of time

21| Set Up

771 76 120
By aniyahcheywrites

Leaning against his car, Hendrix waited for Kevin to come walking out of the gates. He was nervous, anxious, and excited all in one. Already Hendrix had got him set up at his place, he had set him up with a job at his store here in Atlanta, he had 10k in cash laid out on the bed at home for him along with some new clothes and shoes and he had his barber waiting for them to show up for him to give Kevin a fresh line up.

Hearing the gates start to open, Hendrix stood up off his car excitedly. When he seen Kevin coming out, a huge smile formed on both of their faces. "What's up my brother!" Hendrix squealed and grabbed Kevin into a hug once they were close enough to each other. Hendrix felt the tears start to hit his shoulder while Kevin gripped him tighter.

The last couple of weeks inside had been hell for him. 2 weeks ago he had got into a fight with James in which he had beat James so bad that he had to have medical treatment. James kept taunting him and calling him all types of rapist and Kevin grew tired of it. He found himself taking his anger out on Jame's face which left him with a broken nose, a fractured jaw, and a closed eyes. The guards had threw him into Solitary Confinement and he was kept there for 3 days but Kevin knew that once he got out, James would send his men after him so he begged Lanceon to please keep him down there until his release day.

While down there he thought about taking his own life numerous of times and the day he was about to do it, Imani showed up down there and sat and talked with him through the cell for hours. Kevin had learned that she was freshly 25, her father was a pastor and her mother was a Lawyer. He also learned that she was single and focusing on loving herself for the moment. Kevin could honestly say that talking to her had him feeling great. She sat there and listened to him talk about why he felt so empty inside and that was exactly what he needed. Kevin knew that a woman like Imani wouldn't care for him outside of them walls but to know that she cared enough that day to sit and have a conversation with him meant a lot to him.

"Thank you for coming to get me man. I appreciate you brother. Real talk." Kevin wiped at his eyes.

"It ain't nothing. I told you I got your back and I meant that." Hendrix looked at him. "Today is the day your new life starts and I'm going to make sure you have everything you ever wanted. I mean that. I can't give you them years you missed out on back but I damn sure can make sure the years you have left are filled with you living."

Kevin just smiled. "I love you Hendrix. For real man."

"I love you too now get your ass in the car and let's get you cleaned up." Hendrix smiled.

Once they had got Kevin a hair cut and cleaned up, Hendrix and him decided to chill at his place until it was time for them to head out. "Did you see dad before you walked out?" Hendrix questioned Kevin.

Kevin sighed. "Yeah I did. He was sitting there looking like a lost ass puppy for real but it felt good to know that the last look I got of him will be the last one I will forever see of him." He let out a breath. "That man put me through pure hell and ruined my fucking life man. He had me in there ready to kill myself every damn day. Shit, even a couple days ago I was ready to end it all."

"What stopped you?" Hendrix questioned.

Kevin smiled a little. "This girl name Imani." He spoke.

"Aww shit now." Hendrix pushed his shoulder. "What's the story with her?"

"Man ain't no story." Kevin laughed. "She comes to the prison to give the guys pep talks and to read Bible verses. Little mama a real inspiration for real and beautiful as fuck. She a true gem and I appreciate her. I probably never see her ass again but if I ever do, I don't know how to thank her for saving my life."

"You can thank her by taking her out on a date." Hendrix smirked.

Kevin smacked his lips and waved him off. "Man she ain't going for no nigga like me even if I did want to. I'm a jail bird with a bad ass record. She hear my story one time and she running fasure." He shook his head. "Her daddy a pastor too. He wouldn't go for that. One look at me and into my background and he telling her to get rid of me. I ain't got time for that."

"Don't put yourself down like that bro." Hendrix frowned. "Your life was controlled. All that shit you told me you did wasn't you. That ain't the man sitting in front me and that damn sure ain't the man I've grown to know. Her ass would be luck to have you bro. You gotta' realize your worth."

Kevin chuckled. "That may never happen." He shrugged. "I'm just happy to be out of that cell. I'm ready for some good ass food and a drink."

Hendrix shook his head. "Wait bro, I got a question. Shit may sound silly as fuck but I'm curious as a motherfucker."

"Bro what is it? And you better not ask no dumb ass shit." Kevin mugged him.

"You a virgin bro?" Hendrix asked making Kevin smack his lips and stand up to walk off. "Bro I swear to God I'm not trying to be funny. I'm just curious because you been in that bitch for 15 years and you was young when your ass got thrown in. I know dad ain't never let your yellow ass do shit so I'm just curious. I'm really not tryna be funny."

"Naw, I'm not." Kevin chuckled. "I had sex with this one girl when I was 16. One day after school I sneaked over her parents place, we fucked and I left. I got my ass whooped real bad that night but that shit was worth it." He shook his head.

Hendrix bust out laughing. "Naw man, you need some pussy for real. I know your ass done forgot how to fuck by now."

Kevin mugged him hard. "Alright Nigga. Relax." He stale faced him. "I can guarantee you I can make a woman cum real quick. This dick even better now than it was when I was 16. Don't play with me."

Hendrix mugged him. "Alright nasty ass. I ain't ask all that shit."

Kevin bust out laughing. "Man if you could see your face right now."

"Nigga shut up and let's go." Hendrix frowned. "I'm ready to see my baby."

"Yeah me too." Kevin smirked making Hendrix pick up the pillow off the couch and throw it at him. "Man I'm playing. Relax." He laughed again.

Meanwhile Mercedes stood in the camera showing off her outfit to Georgia who was sitting back on her bed eating hot Cheetos. "Ooll bitch you look the fuck good." She squealed. "Hendrix brother about to be gawking at your ass."

"Girl stop it. No he not because you know damn well Hendrix would shoot that man." Mercedes smirked.

"And would!" Georgia bust out laughing. "I want every detail though. I need to know if he fine, how old he is, do he got kids. Every damn detail bitch."

Mercedes laughed. "Bitch you get on my nerves. I'm hanging up now."

Georgia laughed. "I love you stink butt."

"I love you more bookie!" Mercedes blew a kiss to her before pressing end call.

After checking herself in the mirror and making she sure looked good, Mercedes headed out. In her mind she was nervous to meet Hendrix brother considering he never talked about him. She wondered where he was coming from and why she wasn't seeing him until now. She had never even heard Harmony talk about him so she was assuming that this brother was an outside child.

Pulling up to the restaurant, she got out and headed inside. Upon seeing Hendrix she quickly walked over to him and he stood up to hug her. "Hey baby!" She smiled and kissed his lips.

"Hey mama." He smiled. "Damn you looking good. Let me take that ass to the bathroom real quick. Damn."

Mercedes chuckled and pushed him away from her. "Behave." She smirked before sitting down. "So where's your brother? I'm excited to meet him."

"Don't be too excited now." Hendrix mugged her. "But he went to the bathroom real quick."

"Okay bet." She smiled. "How has your day been? I've missed you."

Hendrix smiled. "It's been okay. Even better now that I'm seeing my baby. I've missed you too mama. Real bad." He spoke. "How your day been?"

Mercedes was about to answer but when she looked up and seen him, her face immediately drained its color and her mouth parted. Her body started to grow hot and she found herself not being able to blink as he got closer. Their eyes connected and instantly she felt her hands start to shake while Kevin stopped in his tracks.

"Baby what's wrong?" Hendrix asked in confusion before turning to look at what she was staring at. When he see Kevin standing their with wide eyes, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Baby why you staring at my brother like that? What's wrong?"

At the sound of that, Mercedes tore her eyes away from Kevin and stared at Hendrix. "Y-your what?" She stared at him.

"That's my brother." Hendrix said again. "The fuck y'all got history or something. Why the fuck y'all both staring at each other like a stunned ass deer."

"I-I um. I know her." Kevin mumbled walking up to them. When he stopped next to Hendrix, Mercedes instantly stood up quickly and stepped back feeling like he was too close to her.

Her hands still shook while she just stared between the two. "I-is this a set up Hendrix?" She asked.

"Huh?" Hendrix asked genuinely confused.

"Is this a fucking set up!" She yelled earning a few eyes on her.

"Mercedes the fuck are you talking about?" Hendrix asked and stepped closer to her making her step back again. "Why the fuck you acting like that? You got people staring at us. Tell me what the fuck is going on!"

"Salanii I-" Kevin started but was quickly cut off by Mercedes.

"Don't you fucking call me that!" She snapped. "Was this apart of you and your fathers plan Kevin? Huh? Hendrix are you in on this!?" She gritted.

Hendrix ran his hand down his face. "In on fucking what Mercedes!"

"The fucking kidnapping!" She yelled. "Did you just date me and go after me for revenge or something? Is this some type of game your playing with me? Was this all apart of James plan all along? Are you a sick ass human being like your brother and father?"

By this time tears were streaming down her cheeks at full force. In that moment her heart was beating rapidly out of her chest and her head had started to hurt. A million things had started to run through her mind all at once. Was he playing her all along? Did he mean the things he said to her? Did James put him up to this? Did he know who she was all this time? Everything seemed to be hitting her all at once.

"Mercedes I don't know what you're talking about. Real shit." Hendrix gritted. "Can we just go and talk somewhere private? Please." He tried to reach out and touch her but Mercedes quickly smacked him.

"Don't fucking touch me!!" She yelled. "Don't act fucking clueless like you don't know who the fuck I am now. You're a fucking liar Hendrix! Don't act like you don't know that your father kidnapped and raped me for fucking years and your brother right there was right along with him as his right hand man!" She gritted.

"It all makes fucking sense now! The reason why your father is locked up for life and sending you letters, you never telling me who your brother was or what your father did to land himself in jail!" She started to pace back and forth. "It all makes fucking sense."

She chuckled to herself. "I-I can't believe I was so dumb. Oh my God!" She yelled.

When she seen Hendrix try to grab her again, she started to throw punches at him. Hitting him in the eye and anywhere she could until she was eventually pulled back by someone. "I said don't fucking touch me! You probably a sick ass rapist like your fucking father!" She gritted. "Kevin tell him how your father raped me every single night and forced you to watch! Tell him how James kept me captive in that fucking basement for 6 fucking years! Fucking tell him!"

Hendrix looked up at Kevin who had tears streaming down his cheeks and in that moment he knew everything Mercedes was saying was true. His heart stung hearing her blurt out that she was raped. Seeing her like this was tearing him apart and it was evident that she wasn't going to listen to anything he had to say and he didn't blame her. To her this looked like a set up but to him, he had no idea. Kevin had always told him that he was locked up for robbery and Hendrix was always told that his father was in jail for life for murder. The story Mercedes was screaming about he had never knew of.

"I-I bet you knew you father killed my fucking parents!" She cried feeling her heart sting even more by the second. "I bet you knew he ripped them away from me!"

"I-I hate you! I fucking hate you!" She continued to yell while still being held back. You going to pay for this Hendrix. I promise you. Just wait until I tell Kaleb! You better watch your fucking back." She stared into his eyes with pure hatred, hurt, and disgust.

She then pushed the man holding her off of her and grabbed her purse off the table before storming out of the restaurant despite Hendrix calling behind her. When she got into her car, she drove off quickly. Her hands shook while she drove way over the speed limit and tears streamed down her cheeks. Her heart was broken and her mind was racing extremely fast.

Mercedes was driving so fast and the tears had blurred her vision so much that she didn't see the light she was driving through was red. It wasn't long before another car crashed into the side of hers hard sending her car flipping over. The 3 positive pregnancy test falling out of her purse in the process.

The only sounds that could be heard were the horns from both cars going off after the car landed flat on its top. Mercedes laid flat in the street after being ejected from the car considering she wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Meanwhile Kaleb laid flat out on the ground with blood coming of his mouth while he choked on his own blood. His vision was blurry and he couldn't move. It wasn't long before his eyes slowly started to close and everything went black for him just like it had with Mercedes. Today had truly been one big Set up.

I- whew. Bye🤭
Y'all mad at me?👀👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 15 11
Savannah Williams is an angel on earth. The nicest person you'll ever meet. She would never break the rules...until she met a boy. She changed comple...
80.2K 2.4K 62
Although her fathers death hurt her, it was when her mother died that really took a toll on Sierra. The pain she felt was so immense she decides to n...
94.8K 9.2K 32
Mercedes Kingsley is beautiful, spoiled, and one with a few different sides. Her best side? She has a huge and kind heart that she uses to put others...
504K 18.1K 62
#1 "Lie. Everything is Lie. My life is totally a Lie" -Amelia Collins __ Amelia Collins's life is full of lies. Her life is playing with her happines...