It Started with a BET

By aYarinya

(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong... More

Before we moveee
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Two
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
!NOT A CHAPTER!
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-three (II)

Chapter Twenty-six

34 4 0
By aYarinya

Zemela's POV:-)

Monday! The worst day of the week, the weekend was smooth and surprisingly less stressful, meaning Monday would be hell.

I wasn't at ease because I knew a smooth weekend wasn't always for free, Monday or even Tuesday would always pay the price.

As I walked to my locker my eyes scanned for Skyler, she was no where to be seen.

"Hi" Holden was leaning on my locker, Vaughn beside him, they looked bothered.

"Hi" I replied, I haven't seen them in like a week or so.
"I...I haven't seen you guys in like forever" I tried to cool my unease nerves.
"Zemela" Ruby came from behind.

She looked worried, that was when I noticed how the students around were looking at me like I was some piece of shit.

A red haired walked up to me.
"You're a disgusting cheap whore!" She spat.

"Shut up Veronica! Mind your damn business!" Vaughn shot.
The red haired–Veronica– scoffed, "I'm simply telling a fellow girl the truth" she said before walking away.

My eyes watered immediately, "w...what's going on?" I asked the three of them.
Holden passed his phone to me, a video was playing, the first clip was of me and Bryson Griffin in the library–kissing– my vision blurred even before I saw the second one, the second clip was of me kissing Reggie at downtown, the third was of Arlo kissing me at the bus station, the last one broke my tear buds, it was of Reggie and I at Skyler's house, it was edited because it didn't look like he was forcing his self on me it just looked like two teenagers having bondage sex.

My head was blank, I had no questions to ask. The title of the video was Zemela The Cheap Whore!

I couldn't hold my tears no more so I ran towards the library.
The trio followed me, they sat at my sides quietly.

Vaughn had an arm on my shoulder rubbing gently.

"I...I don't know what I did to whoever" I hiccupped, "I...I don't know why I am being treated like this, who did I mess with? Br..Bryson Griffin was the one who kiss..ed me...the only person I kissed was Reggie...the last clip was edited too" I cried harder as more images flashed.

"Reggie....he..he tried ra... to rape m_" I couldn't complete my sentence, my tears poured out.

How did the person get hold of the video? Did Skyler give__no!no! Skyler would never do something like that, it must be Reggie's doing, he isn't even in school.

I cried till my tear buds couldn't produce more tears, none of them said a word or moved an inche.

We sat there the whole day, by the end of the day my legs were numb from how I sat, students still whispered as we walked out of school.

I assured Ruby I was going to be fine with work, she offered to fill in for me since we both worked at Mateo's cafe.

Mrs Mateo noticed my fowl mood, she gave me permission to go home, greatful but reluctant I accepted. I dragged myself home, crashing on my bed, Pamela was nice enough to make dinner. When my dad came back she made up a perfect excuse for my appence and because my dad trusts his big princess, he believed her.

The next day I dragged myself out of my house to school, I was sure I'll be questioned for my zero attendance the day before.

After the first two periods when no one called for me, I went on autopilot. Students were still talking, Skyler avoided me, it hurt me alot because I needed her and she was avoiding me, part of me couldn't careless if she talked to me or not, while another part was angry with her.

I'm a confusionist.

After school Ruby and I went to Mateo's cafe for our shift.

"You look a lot better than yesterday" Mrs Mateo smiled at me, I was surprised she remembered how I looked a day before.
"Yes" I forced a genuine smile.
"I want you to know you can tell me whatever it is that's bothering you, worst case I wouldn't remember after I give you a good advice and see you smile" she said with a smile.
"Thank you" I smiled, for real this time.
"God bless you dear" she squeezed my hand a little.

A customer walked in forcing me to leave Mrs Mateo, before I made it to the counter my best friends voice stopped me.

"Sadiki!" I ran to hug him, he had a wild smile on.
He didn't look sick, he looked okay.
"I'm sorry, you were sick for so long, I couldn't check up on you" I apologized when we broke apart.

He looked puzzled, "sick?" He laughed hard for a while leaving me as confused as ever, "let me guess, Skyler told you I was sick" he guessed, his tone wasn't friendly.

I nodded, "she said you were sick but, you two were already on talking terms. Arlo told me you two had a fight or so" I recalled
"Wow!" He let out, "I wouldn't say I'm surp_" a real customer walked in causing Sadiki and I to pause our discussion.

By six I was seated with Sadiki, I wasn't leaving Mateo's till nine even though my shift was over. We sat at the far end by the glass wall.

"Skyler told me she didn't like me, that all of what happened between us was just a joke to her. I was..am a joke to her, her words, I can never like someone as dumb and uncool as you never!" I was shocked because I honestly thought they were together, with the kisses and the sex and every other thing. Plus Skyler never told me anything about their misunderstanding –as she called it– she didn't want to talk about it, so I thought it was a relationship misunderstanding or so.

"I was hurt, badly, because I liked her alot and she acted like she liked me too. I was down for a day or two, Arlo managed to talk some sense into me and I got over it" he paused, a long pause.

He sighed, "my mom died after she had the baby, she left me, my dad, and three younger siblings" Oh my God! I felt really sad, he was holding up so well, he didn't even look like he just lost someone so dear.

"I was stressed, sad, I felt lots of emotions at once, I  returned from Saudi a day before yesterday, her wish was to be taken back home for her burial" I felt like crying on his behalf.

"I'm sorry, so sorry, I..I didn't know"
He smiled, "you don't have to be, it wasn't your fault. Arlo filled me up on everything that has been happening, I've seen the video and that is why I am here, I need you to explain everything to me plus what happened at Skyler's"

I told him everything, I tried holding my tears back but, they found their way out, I paused now and then to catch my breath. I told him about Reggie's attempt, the theft accusation, my wet and stolen uniform, what Bryson Griffin had said about Skyler and how he saved me twice, I also told him about Fauna's growing dislike for me or would I say hatred.

"Arlo is really sorry for what he did" he told me.
I nodded, "I know"
His eyes scanned my face, "Do you trust Skyler?"

I wasn't expecting that question from him, he knew how much I trusted and loved Skyler.
"Do you trust her?" I returned his question.
He smiled, "meaning you still trust her" he leaned back on his chair.

He sounded so different, he sounded matured and experienced, his mother's death left a mark on him, an invisible mark.

"No" he answered my question, "I don't trust Skyler, not because she doesn't like me back but because she's a lier and she's selfish" he said.

"I still want to be best friends with you Zemela, you're a great friend but not Skyler, she's a green snake under green grass. She lied about us patching up things when in the real sense she has blocked me completely on all platforms. A day after Fauna accused you of stealing, Skyler and Fauna went to a party together, they're friends, good friends the whole of Fauna's IG and TikTok followers know that already. Skyler is also friends with Reggie, she was the one that gave the CCTV footage of her closet to Fauna. The day you kissed Griffin in the library, she followed you secretly. I didn't suspect her at all before but now, I see who she really is, all those while she was pretending and acting. She only cares about herself and nobody else" it took me minutes to process the information Sadiki just provided me with.

Skyler? Would she do stuffs like these? No, she wouldn't, would she? She loves me as a friend.

A part of me believed Sadiki because he is also my best friend. But I couldn't just understand why Skyler would do all that? For what purpose?

"...b..ut_"
"Popularity. Bryson Griffin" he cut me shut.

I scoffed, "she can get him if she wants, I mean he likes girls like her after all and she's a little bit popular too"
"Talk to her, ask her, if she's ignoring you confront her"
"Okayy, I'll try that. I just hope and pray all these is a misunderstanding" I said, I got up and headed outside, I needed fresh air I felt claustrophobic inside.

Sadiki stayed with me till Mateo's closing time, nine, he dropped me off at my bus station.

All I could think of over the night was Sadiki's words and how nice Skyler has been.

She has been avoiding you.
A voice at the back of my head said.

I didn't know why she was avoiding me, but it could be for other reasons.

Or because she is ready to show her true colors.

I had a sleepless night because I couldn't get Sadiki's words digested nor could I block the flashes of his lips and face as he spoke or Skyler's smiling face or Reggie's hands on me.

I thought I had gotten rid of Reggie's feel, all my attempts that night failed, sleep found me and thankfully I had no night mares.

                                           +
What's up guys 😊?

I'll try to be updating twice whenever I get the chance to update because, school prep would start soon and I'll be too excited to write by then. And I really want to complete this book. To prove SOME PEOPLE wrong.

Vote🐽 comment 🐽 & share🐽

See y'all 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92K 1.3K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
18.8K 1.3K 32
"Parker, what have I done to deserve this?, infact, I don't care what it is, I'm sorry. Please just go" "What do you mean?" he looked confused ...
1.4K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...
8.5K 99 14
- - - - EXCERPT ONLY - - - - The rest of the story is available on INKITT as the content violates Wattpad regulations. Check my bio for link. * In th...