Inked

Por Nusy_idrisu

Asad Suhail is a young guy who is poetic, cold , void and always harsh to others. Life was harsh to him so wh... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 29

54 14 1
Por Nusy_idrisu

"There is no cramming for the test of life, it is always full of surprises".

                                        ~Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Aneesa and Asad got home that night and were laughing as they walked through the hallway.

They went to the cinema and watched a comedy show and they could not stop laughing since then.

"Well I will take my leave from here"... Aneesa said as she stood in front of her door.

"Alright have a lovely night"... Asad said and watched her walk into her room then he walked into his to retreat for the night.

Aneesa was about to unzip her dress when she saw Kamal sitting on the bed and her smile dropped.

For the first time in history, she was not excited to see him... she did not even want to see him.

She even forgot he was in Kaduna and spent the whole day with Asad and did not mind that.

"Where were you?"... Kamal narrowed his eyes as he stood up from the bed.

"I.. I was with Asad"... her words came out slowly as she watched him clench his fist by the side.

"Doing what exactly?"... Kamal asked knowing what she was doing but he wanted to see whether she would lie to him.

But Aneesa being the honest lady she was , she told him the truth.

"I went out with Asad to dine and watch a movie"... she blurted out and watch Kamal boil.

"Okay , let's go.." he dragged her hand and wanted to make her leave the room with him.

"Kamal wait"... she forcefully removed her hand from that of Kamal's.

"What is it Iyeesah?".... He asked.

She looked around and noticed that her room was empty and all her belongs was no where to be seen.

"Kamal where did my belongings go to?"... she asked.

"I packed them for you , now let's go"... Kamal stated and held her hand but she seemed hesitant.

"What else?"... he sounded pissed off.

"What about Asad? Are we going to leave him"... she asked and that made Kamal's body turn cold.

"He is none of our business now, you are quitting this job"... Kamal said and saw the disappointment in her eyes.

Funny how she was forced to come to Kaduna to stay with Asad and now she does not want to leave him.

"But... but I don't want to leave, at least let him be aware of the fact that I am leaving"... she said, she was considering his feelings.

"I don't want to see you close to Asad , let's go Aneesa"... Kamal hardly called her by her name.

"Then what if I don't want to go?"...Aneesa found herself asking.

'Was she really falling?'...The thought broke Kamal's heart.

"Please Aneesa, please. I know I am hard to deal with but believe me when I say I love you. I need you by my side, you are the only that understands me in this cruel world. Can you please come so that we can leave?"... he did not want to see Aneesa close to Asad again.

Aneesa still seemed hesitant.

"We can leave the plan, we won't exhibit it again"... he promised.

Aneesa reluctantly nodded and followed Kamal since Asad was going to be safe.

Asad kept on staying in her mind as the duo went to the airport and flew back to Kaduna.

***

Asad woke up and did his usual morning routine then went to check on Aneesa.

He ordered food and headed to her room to wake up the heavy sleeper.

He gently opened the room and met it empty.

Her bags were no where to be seen, her clothes, her shoes... there was nothing.

The whole place was empty.

Confusion settled in Asad's mind as he drop the food and heads down to the receptionist.

He asked the receptionist about Aneesa and shows him Aneesa's picture.

"Yes sir. She is Aneesa Nasir. She left the hotel with a man very late at night with all her belongs"... the receptionist explained to Asad.

'She left with a man?'... Asad asked himself.

'Was she kidnapped?'... he then became worried.

"Was it willingly or unwillingly ?"... Asad found himself asking the receptionist.

Well... why won't he.

He finally found someone that made him feel like home.

Someone who felt like his mother so why won't he get scared of losing her?

Asad tried calling her number but it wasn't reachable.

He heaved a sigh and walked back to his hotel room , not bothering to hear what the receptionist was going to say.

He kept on trying her number as the day went by.

He then went out and visited every restaurant he could find , hoping she would be there with this man of hers but he ended up more disappointed then he initially was.

Driving back to the hotel was quiet for Asad.

He was lost in thoughts as he packed his car in the parking lot.

He walked into his hotel room and just prayed.

He couldn't do anything else, he could not eat or even enjoy driving again.

He had lost appetite.

He was just worried about her.

'Is she okay?'.

'What if she is angry with me?'

'What if something happened at home?'

'What if this man is blackmailing her and forced her to come with him?'

Asad kept on staring as the ceiling as he laid down on the hotel bed.

He kept on asking himself questions, trying to reason the situation out but the possibilities were just to much.

The 'what ifs and what if not' could be nothing and anything.

Trying to analyze things just made his head hurt so he decided he would just sleep off and try looking for her tomorrow.

He tried her number one last time and heaved a sigh when the robotic woman like voice spoke.

"The number you dialed is not reachable at the moment"....

Asad banged the phone and forcefully shut his eyes to avoid the mixed feelings that were building up in his chest.

He was trying so hard to push out that one thought that started making its way to his heart ache but it was no use.

He just couldn't...

'What if... what if she left me?'

Morning came in as an unexpected visitor for Asad but Asad welcomed it due to the dreadful night he had.

His nightmares were taunting him again and his Aunt Nafisa wasn't here to help him read the Quran(the holy book read by Muslim) to calm him down.

He got off the bed , prayed and then got ready for the day.

He then tried Aneesa's number again but it was still not reachable.

His disappointment grew as he walked pass her empty hotel room and out of the hotel then he walked into his car.

He then drove to Mr Ahmed's house.

***

Nawal sat in the living room crying her heart out.

She lost sleep again.

Each time she tries to sleep, he would invade her thoughts and keep her thinking of him.

"Was it that easy for him to move on?"...Nawal asked Maria.

"It's been 10 years. Why do you still love him Nawal? He has moved on with someone else, I think you should do the same"... Maria advice her.

Nawal just continued sobbing "I still love him. I thought my feelings weren't deep when I left him but I was wrong. With time , they manifested and grew into something stronger and since then I haven't been able to get over him".

Maria heaved a sigh as she watched the door open.

"Speaking of the devil and the devil appears"... Maria muttered under her breath.

"Huh?"... Nawal turned and met Asad.

He looked drained and sad but he quickly masked it up and started looking void.

He pulled out his phone and called someone.

"Yes sir. I have arrived"... he stated.

"I am not home Asad. Give me 15 minutes please"... Mr Ahmed stated through the line.

"Fair enough, I will wait"... Asad stated and ended the call.

He then stared forward and met Maria.

Nawal ran away like the coward she saw herself as.

"Good morning"... Asad surprised Maria by greeting her.

"Good morning sir"... Maria lowered her gaze as stood up from the carpet and greeted him formally.

"How is your main cook's health?"...Asad asked.

'If Maria was looking this old and she is the assistant cook , the main cook must be extremely old'...Asad concluded in his head.

"She is fine sir".

He made himself comfortable on the chair and nodded in response, dismissing Maria.

He tried calling Aneesa's number again and luckily it rang but she declined it.

'Is she okay?'...Asad asked himself.

He wished he had her mother's number or anyone she knew, just to ask about her wellbeing.

Maria walked back to the room and met Nawal crying.

"Nawal why did you run away?"... Maria asked.

"I...I don't know".

"It's alright dearie".... Maria hugged her and allowed Nawal cry on her shoulder.

Meanwhile.....

Mr Ahmed's driver packed the car in the parking lot and Mr Ahmed alighted from the car.

Mr Ahmed kept to his time.

He arrived at exactly 15 minutes and sent one of the maid to call Nawal.

The maid walked to Nawal's room and knocked.

"Come in"... Maria answered.

"Nawal , Sir asked me to call you"... the maid stated and walked out of the room.

Nawal broke out of the hug and went to wash her face.

She applied small kohl on her eyes to hide how swollen they were and composed herself.

"Take your time"... Maria said to her.

Nawal didn't want to waste Mr Ahmed's time knowing he won't like it so she left her room and headed to the living room.

Asad who was busy scrolling through his phone stopped.

His gaze followed the sound of faint foot steps and  it landed on her soon as she walked into the living.

'Is this some kind of joke or something?'... he asked himself as he stared at her.

Nawal mustered up the best smile she could and spoke "Good morning Sir"...
She greeted Mr Ahmed.

"Nawal my dear, we have a guest. Meet Mr Asad"... Mr Ahmed introduced Nawal to Asad.

"And Mr Asad meet my main cook, Nawal"... Mr Ahmed smiled.

'This is not the old lady I was expecting to see'... Asad said to himself.

For a moment, all his sadness disappeared, he forgot about Aneesa's disappearance and was focused on the devil that stood in front of him.

She was also clothed in black , just like him and she put kohl in her blue eyes , making them pop out and look more beautiful.

"It is a pleasure to meet you sir. Good morning. What would you like to eat this morning"...Nawal addressed her ex lover in a formal manner.

"Your beauty"... he whispered , mesmerized by her unearthly beauty.

"Sorry?"... Nawal wanted him to repeat himself.

"Iced coffee would do"...Asad changed his statement.

What he said early was a slip of tongue.

He should not be paying heed to a gold digger such as herself.

Tension filled the living room as Nawal and Asad exchanged glances and glares.

"Make that two"... Mr Ahmed innocently chirped in , trying to ease the tension in the living room that he did not know about.

When Aneesa left, he spoke.

"Do you guys know each other?"... Mr Ahmed asked.

"No... I thought I did , she looked familiar but I was wrong. I have never seen her before"... Asad spoke with void eyes and quickly changed the topic.

Aneesa came back to his mind , sadden him again but he was able to mask it.

"My personal assistant is missing. It's been 24 hours and I still can't find her"...Asad told Mr Ahmed.

Maybe he has seen her within this 24 hours.

"That's bad. Have you tried calling the police?"... Mr Ahmed asked.

Asad thought of that but he couldn't.

Aneesa was not kidnapped , she happily left with a man and calling the police would make him look stupid.

"I will try..." Asad lied.

He didn't want to talk about anything personal again.

"After we are done having our coffee, I want us to go to the company so that you can see how things are moving"... Mr Ahmed stated.

"Okay. I stay and supervise the company for a week then go back to Lagos"...Asad stated.

He didn't want to stay , it was because he wanted to keep on looking for Aneesa if not , nothing will make him stay here.

Especially when he knows Nawal is here.

Nawal returned with two cups of iced coffee and served them according.

Mr Ahmed thanked her while Asad said nothing.

He didn't even spare her a glance.

He took a sip of his coffee and felt like he was in heaven for a moment.

It was so creamy and delicious.

He took another sip and licked his lips.

'This heavenly coffee was made by the devil'... he said to himself  but he still drank the coffee till he emptied his cup.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.7K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
15.4K 782 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
10.9K 1K 34
"You have intertwined our destinies. You involved her into this mess from the beginning of it all and now it's my time to intervene." He challenges. ...
288K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...