The Capitals Flower

By sunflowersRus

The 67th hunger games is coming around. What happens when district four's tribute is none other than the very... More

Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 9

625 18 1
By sunflowersRus

Dahlia's Pov:

I woke up laying next to Finnick who was still asleep. He looked so peaceful, so perfect. I pulled myself closer to him resting my hand on his bare chest. I had missed this, the security of laying next to him feeling his body next to mine.

"You really can't keep yourself off me." He muttered half awake.

"How could I? Your THE Finnick Odair." I said jokingly

He chuckled before pulling me in closer.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered into my hair

I giggled and buried my face into his chest. He smelt of district 13, a smell I was far from fond of usually but knowing who the smell belonged to made it seem appealing. He used to smell of the sea but we've spent so much time from district 3 that the smell has been washed clean off.

It has been almost two months since our wedding and it has been like a dream. Everything feels so perfect especially for being stuck in district 13. We've spent every moment we could together and I've been cleared to fight alongside Katniss and Finnick if ever needed.

I move to get up but Finnick pulls me back to bed.

"No" he mumbles still half asleep

"Finnick, I have a doctors appointment in thirty minutes, I have to go." I say pushing his hair back as I try to pull myself out of bed.

"Why do you even need to go to the doctors?" He asked

"It's just a checkup, to double clear me." I lie, to tell the truth I've missed my last two periods and have a suspicion I need confirmed.

"You're already cleared just stay here," he says, "I'll make it worth your while."

I laugh at him and finally pull his arms off me. I start putting on my district 13 clothes and pulling my hair back in braids with Finnick telling me to go back to bed in the background.

Finnick walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Just stay for ten more minutes."  He muttered tiredly

"Ten more minutes and I'll be late. I have to leave. Love you!" I said getting my stuff together and walking out the door.

"Love you!" He calls out from our room as the door closes.

I rush to the doctors avoiding most eye contact on the way. I'm excited, me and Finnick have always talked about a baby, but it seemed like such a far away concept until now.

I enter the doctors waiting room and it only takes a few minutes for them to give me a test. The man who picked up my test looked hesitant as he took the small cup away.

I waited anxiously, I probably should've told Finnick to come with me. He would be just as excited as I am and probably could ease my nerves better than anyone else.

Finally the man came back in, closing the door before making sure no one came in after him.

"Dahlia, your test results came back positive." He say with an oddly troubled look for such good news.

"Thats great." I say hesitantly

"It could be, but Dahlia you have to understand that you and Finnick are about to be discharged to the capital together. Once this news gets out you will not be allowed to go with him. You have two choices, we can keep this between the two of us or you can have me keep you from fighting." He said

"What? Discharged?"

Me and Finnick have only been married two months, I can't leave him again but what if something happened to the baby. It was an impossible decision. Why would they send us to the capital so soon after our wedding.

"I won't tell anyone the news it's your choice." He repeated.

"Let's maybe keep this between us." I say finally, even if this decision may be fatal.

"Okay, but you have to understand us not telling people will not stop your symptoms and you will still need to take vitamins and eat properly for your baby. I can send you out with some vitamins and send some in the shipments to the capital for you." He says

"Why are you so eager to help?" I ask

"I'm a doctor it's what I do." He says shrugging

We set up a few last things and I go back to me and Finnick's room, he is pacing the room worriedly.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Well you were gone Coin called me in for a meeting." He says stopping his pacing to look at me. His eyes are troubled as if he is carrying a horrible secret.

"They're sending us to the capital." He says

"Oh" is all I could manage. I couldn't tell him the news, he'd worry too much and undoubtedly tell someone so we'd be separated. As much as I wanted to stay, for the baby, I couldn't handle being away from Finnick. Especially knowing he'll be in danger.

"I told them to just send me, but they were adamant on showing us united. I'm so sorry Dahlia." He says sadly

"Don't worry Finnick, we'll get through it," I say wrapping my arms around him, "when do we leave?"

"Tomorrow, early. Katniss and the rest of the team left an hour ago." He says, I can hear his heart beating fast.

"Finnick, it's going to be okay." I whisper

"Everytime you say that it's not okay, Dahlia." His voice raises and he pulls away from me, "You said it before your first reaping and your second. And guess what neither of them ended okay."

"They ended with us here, perfectly fine." I say, trying to calm him down from his agitated state.

"No, you're not perfectly fine. Do you think I can't hear you when you have your nightmares? The capital has brought us both to our breaking points and I'm scared Dahlia. I'm scared that the next steps we take will throw us over the edge and you'll be broken beyond repair." Tears begin to form in his eyes.

"No, Finnick-"

He interrupts me before I can say anything else, "You need to learn to put yourself first, for once be selfish, because you're the last person I have left. And I've done everything to hold onto you but you alway seem to get taken away. And you're just fine with it! That's the worst part you don't seem to care!  Would it kill you to care about your own life!" A steady stream of tears flows down his face.

"I do care! I want to live but Finnick I can only do so much! I stay strong for you! Do you not think it breaks me inside every time you try to deflect every bullet meant for me onto yourself?! Sometimes nothing can be done, you just have to take the bad for what it is. You can't change it so we just have to accept it!" I say raising my voice angrily. I couldn't believe what he was accusing me of.

"I know, I know, but Dahlia you're the only person I live for everything I do is for you, for our future. I need to know you want it as much as I do." He says his tone softening

"Of course I want it. Which is why we have to stick together." I answer pulling him back into a hug.

"I'll never leave you." He whispers into my hair

"So we'll leave tomorrow than." I say

"Tomorrow"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 239 23
Amity Tides may have survived the 70th Hunger Games but will she survive the life of a victor? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE bo...
172K 6.4K 33
When ๐‰๐”๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐“๐“๐„ ๐€๐Œ๐๐‘๐Ž๐’๐„ gets chosen for 68th annual hunger games and her mentor is none other then the capitol darling, ๐…๐ˆ๐๐๐ˆ๐‚๐Š ๏ฟฝ...
2.4K 63 12
"๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐‡๐€๐•๐„ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ ๐“๐Ž ๐…๐„๐€๐‘ ๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐„๐—๐“ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐˜๐Ž๐”" It is the 66th Hunger Games when Oceana Fonta...
19.1K 489 75
The day snow fell upon Victor's Village, everything changed. There was no excitement, no joy, only the cold stare of scrutinising eyes into a child's...