To Hell And Back || The Scorc...

By goldendragons

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and... More

To Hell And Back
01 - Anne, I-
02 - A Forgetful Mind
03 - Survivors
04 - The Smell
05 - Empty, Silent Room
06 - Tattoo
07 - Three Dreams
08 - The Rat Trap
09 - I'm Going To Win
10 - Screaming
11 - Alone
12 - The Death Of A Friend
13 - Into The Fire
14 - Changed
15 - Free Tommy
16 - Joining The Boys
17 - Hot And Feisty
18 - Not So Safe
19 - Death Is Not An Option
21 - Kill Her
22 - It's Over
23 - A Cold Shower
24 - The Flare
The End
It's Up!

20 - Fall

6.4K 269 30
By goldendragons

"Now!" Minho shouted. "Charge them!"

I rushed forward, swiping my machete from side to side. The monster stepped back a couple of times, but eventually it got into a fighting stance. It began to fight back by trying to jab me. I dodged each of the creatures attacks effortlessly.

I stabbed the thing in the stomach, striking a bulb. It exploded into a flurry of bright sparks. The creature stopped for a moment, surprised at what happened, but it quickly charged at me once again. It's face was so grotesque it made me want to throw up on the spot. That's why I decided to aim at its noseless flesh. The monster became injured and slower, however, it wasn't dead.

Looking around, I saw Teresa hitting the bulb thing with the butt of her spear. Thomas was jabbing it with his sword, and Minho was slashing it with the knives he held in both hands. I noticed a couple of people lay on the ground covered in wounds and absolutely lifeless. One was a boy. The other one was a girl, Izzy. Although she was a total bitch, she didn't deserve to die this way. I could only hope that she went down swinging.

I felt a sharp pain in my forearm which brought me back into the fight. Blood ran down my skin and dripped onto the dry ground. I angrily stabbed the monster again, hitting another orange lightbulb. That's when it came to my attention that when I broke a bulb, the thing became more and more injured. When I destroyed a few more, it let out a monstrous groan, much like the Grievers.

Out of nowhere I was tackled to the ground from the side. A different monster from the one I was fighting decided to create a dogpile with me. It cut my hip, but before it could do any real damage Thomas kicked the creature off of me. I scrambled backwards just as a bright flash appeared and struck the ground. It caused me to cover my eyes and Thomas to fall flat on his stomach.

It started to rain as lightning flashed all around me. My off white t-shirt was getting completely soaked and the blood on my arm was washing away.

Thomas lifted me up and I thanked him with a slight nod. Both of our foes were dead, but our fight was not over. The storm was getting very bad so we had to come up with a plan very quickly.

"Thomas!" I yelled. "We need to get out of here!"

"I know!" he responded, looking around frantically.

When I got an idea, I immediately told him. "The pods! We need to get inside of them!"

"What if they don't close?!"

"It's better then being struck by lightning out here, now come on!"

"We need to tell the others!"

"They're smart, they'll figure it out!"

We began to run, the rain beating on my skin. Lightning fell from the sky, creating a loud, ear piercing noise. Multiple spots on the desert floor were charred black and smelt burnt. The sky was dark with grey clouds, but it would light up now and then from the flashes of electricity. It was almost like a dream, a nightmare. This all seemed too horrible for any human being to endure. Especially a group of kids.

Thomas grabbed Teresa's hand as we ran. She seemed to know exactly what we were doing. Probably because of her stupid mind powers that I seem to have too, which I still don't fully understand. Both of them scrambled inside the pod and Thomas held out his hand for me. I was just about to grab it when I heard a cry of pain behind me. I whipped around to find Harriet on her back and the bulb monster looming over her.

"What are you doing, Anne?!" Thomas shouted. "You have to get inside!"

"I have to help her! No one else has to die!"

With that, I ran off. I slipped in the mud a few times before I reached my distressed friend who was desperately trying to shove the creature off. I stabbed the thing in a bulb that was on its back. It let out a moan before turning its attention toward me. It slashed its blades, missing me entirely. Although it was weak it still managed to make a slit in my cheek. I shoved the monster back, making it stumble. It then moved forward, walking oddly, it's body twisting in unnatural ways. I went to strike it again, but I only connected with flesh. That's when Harriet came and impaled it in its leg. Now only one bulb was left. I smiled before piercing the creature directly in the chest. It fell to the ground, now lifeless and unmoving.

"See you in hell," I spat.

Harriet grabbed me by my shirt just as lightning struck, not ten feet away from where we were standing. She began to drag me to a pod that was starting to be closed.

"Wait!" she shrieked. "Let us in!"

Newt popped up, waving his arm wildly. I didn't know why until I heard the moan. As Harriet climbed into the pod my leg was pulled back. I fell face first into the mud and the bulb creature crawled toward me, it's legs a tangled mess. I screamed when lightning crashed next to me, the heat almost unbearable. I tried to stand, but I ended up falling because of the wet ground. But I felt I a pair of hands clutch my body and pull me along. It was Newt, limp and all. We helped one another get inside the pod, then we immediately closed it without a second thought.

I fell to my knees, suddenly going into shock from what happened. I closed my eyes for a moment to try to get myself together. I couldn't let my guard down, not now, not ever.

"How much longer?" I asked as I stood up.

Newt, Frypan, Harriet, and I were all in here. So hopefully everyone else made it too. I had to believe that they did or else my normally composed self would crumple to the ground. And I couldn't let that happen.

"Three minutes," Frypan spoke, his breathing heavy.

"Do you think this is the safe haven?" said Newt, his accent showing more then usual.

Harriet shrugged. "Maybe. These things might sink back into the ground."

Water was seeping in from the cracks in the pod. It created a small puddle at our feet. But that was the least of our worries because lightning found its way to us. It seemed to have hit us directly above our heads. The coffin-like structure shook after the blow. It made a cracking sound which meant one thing, we were definitely not safe inside these.

"Well that's not good," Frypan sighed. "That is soooo not good."

A faint humming sound, deep and low, came out of no where. It made my whole body vibrate.

"What the hell is that?" I questioned.

"I have no bloody idea," Newt responded. "But I think we should check to see what it is."

As the noise got louder it made the pod shake. Another sound took over, it seemed to be rushing wind, but it wasn't the same kind that the storm produced.

"Let's do it," I said. "We might as well. There's nothing in here that's goin' to save us."

We all got into position before we placed our hands on the lid. Newt and I looked at each other for reassurance, although we both knew it wasn't going to be all unicorns and rainbows.

"Ready, Annie?"

I nodded. "Might as well be."

Then we pushed upwards. The lid ended up toppling to the ground. Rain poured in, taking away any chance for us to get somewhat dry.

I leaned on the edge of the pod to get a better look on what was out there. What I saw was a flying machine, about thirty feet from the ground, lowering rapidly to get landed. It was huge and round, with flickering lights and burning thrusters of blue flame. The thing touched down on claw like landing gear and a huge cargo door in its metal belly began to open.

"We have to go!" Newt yelled over the commotion. "Now!"

He jumped out onto the mud and turned around to make sure we got out too. When I got to the not so solid floor, I lost my footing and landed in the muck. It splashed into my eyes, so I had trouble seeing. But Harriet helped me up as I wiped it away.

All of us ran to the flying ship together. I noticed others had the same idea because some of them eventually caught up with us. But as we got closer, something seemed off. From the right side of the ship at least a dozen of those things came lumbering toward the group. Most of their lights were damaged, but they were still blocking our way.

"Fight right through 'em!" Thomas said as Newt, Harriet, and I sprinted to his side.

My eyes locked on my target and I launched forward. My first swing was successful in making the bulbs sparks fly. My second only got air. But I made up for that by destroying two in a row. Only a couple remained and I easily shattered them.

"It's leaving!" I heard Thomas scream. "Hurry!"

I rapidly turned around to see the ship rising, obviously ready to go without us. I was the farthest away from the opening, so I had to go into overdrive if I was going to make it. I ran faster then I had ever ran in my entire life. My arms pumped at my sides, my lungs were burning, my legs seemed to be barely touching the ground. Everyone had already made contact with the hatch, except me. It was at least six feet in the air by the time I got there, and it was still rising.

"Anne!" Minho called out. "Grab my hand!"

He leaned over the edge, someone else holding onto him. I jumped as high as I could, my hand almost missing his. But I grabbed it and held on for dear life. My feet dangled in the air. If I were to fall, I would certainly break something.

All of a sudden my hand began to slip out of his. My eyes widened and my heart pounded speedily. Minho desperately tried to get a grip, but his attempts were worthless. Only the tips of our fingers prevented me from plummeting to my death. Then I was holding onto nothing.

"Minho!"

🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀⚡️🚀

Ooooooohhhhh snap.

~Remember to vote and comment!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 593 28
Official archives of the tough series' untold stories. Set pre-Maze Runner up to Safe Haven. + Short fic [ newt x o.c. | safe haven ] in Part VII ⚠️...
12.8K 250 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...
1M 30.1K 35
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu Anne enters the Glade terrified for her l...
30.1K 1.3K 44
❝We're called soldiers and not subjects for a reason.❞ ✃✃✃✃✃ The discovery of Immunes founded WICKED; an organisation dedicated to find a cure to The...