Regrets

Por MintVender

Like any other, she hopes to have power. Coming from a noble house in the wizarding world, that should've bee... Más

REGRETS
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.13
1.14
1.15

1.12

36 1 0
Por MintVender

Standing in the middle of the quidditch pitch, Xing takes a few deep breathes, trying to envision her formation for today. Now with tryouts out of the way, she could finally focus on her skills.

Xing pulled out her wand from its place in her belt, and incanted some charm spells to the stones that she had pick out, turning them into obstacles before using a levitation spell for them to float.

Looking up at the newly created obstacle, Xing let out a final breathe, summoning her broom and mounting it. Feeling the slightly chipped but still smooth handle made out of wood, Xing calmly floats up into the air. With long-term use, the hands would soon become rough, possibly giving her splinters but for the time being, Xing savored the smoothness of it.

Scanning through the obstacle, there were several brick walls moving about, with balls representing blushers zooming around.

Xing mentally sighed, If I don't make it, this is going to be a fun trip to the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey won't be forgiving this time.

As if accepting her fate, Xing focus her attention on the first obstacle, a wall that was swinging side to side. Waiting for the right moment, she bend down, chest hovering over the broom. As soon as the wall slide to the farthest left, Xing relax letting herself zoom across the pitch.

Approaching the wall, Xing easily pass through it, ducking down just in time to dodge a stone flying by. Before she can get back on track, Xing dodged another stone coming for her head. Dropping the broom towards the ground, hovering on top of the pitch, Xing continues, flying around the walls. Once she was a third of the way through, the pace suddenly increase, and a new obstacle was added.

Looking up, lights coming from all direction suddenly appear, focusing on Xing's every movement. Once they have found their target, those lights cut through the air, chasing Xing's tails as she continue on with the course.

While trying to dodge one of the lights, Xing took a sharp left, causing the light to slam into one of the walls. Not able to withhold the impact, the wall shattered and explode into pieces very soon after.

Turning back, Xing was momentarily shocked at the sight. Taking down a gulp, she continued on without a word but how can words describe how she is feeling right now.

With countless light beams coming her way, Xing was quickly approaching a wall going vertically. Now knowing the effect of the light, Xing took a risk, tightening her grip on the broom. Pulling it up to her chest, she drives the broom perpendicular to the floor, feeling the impact of gravity on her body. Xing grimaced at the force, fingers turning white at the pressure she was holding.

Seconds after she flew up, the light beams made contact with the wall. Before she knows it, Xing was flying on top of a red explosion, feeling as though she is trying to escape the sun. Once the air thinned, she let herself free fall, turning the broom to a slight right, dodging the stones in the way. With the lights now managed, her body is more relaxed.

Now, with two thirds of the way done, only then did Xing let herself take a breather, steadying her breathing as she continues to dodge the boulders. As soon as she was used to the speed, the pace of the stones increase instantly, aiming to caught her off guard. However, Xing was prepared for this, and acted with eased.

For the rest of the course, Xing smoothly continued on safe but her stamina and movements growing slower and less sharp by the moment. Taking in a big gulp of air, Xing was now practically hugging her broom as she spot the end of the obstacle.

Staying calm, Xing continues on and slowly, she managed to approach the end of the course. In order to end it, she had to get hold of the flag hovering at the end. Knowing this, Xing decided to take her chance of ending up in the hospital wing.

Slowly, she tread carefully towards the flag, body as tense as ever. At this point, her sweat have drenched her clothes, seeping into every thread and fiber, hands cramping up due to the hold, palms turning clammy.

Balancing herself on the broom, Xing took her chances, and slowly stood up on the broom. Before she could fully do so, a stone was coming her way. Unable to balance herself, Xing stumble, struggling to gain balance on the broom.

Stepping back on the broom, only for the stone to bolt right through, Xing managed to gain balance. Now, staring at the flag infront of her, Xing took a deep breathe before running on top of her broom, gathering momentum.

One, two, three. On the count of three, Xing jumped forward, hands reaching out for the flag. Suddenly, noises from below could be heard.

"Xing! Be careful!"

Distracted with the noise, Xing did not see the stone that was coming from before her. Turning back to see who it was, she managed to duck her head in time for the stone to slightly graze her cheek.

Hands still reaching out, Xing could feel the rough handle of the flag. Clenching her teeth, Xing force herself to stretch farther, feeling the handle coming intact contact until she was gripping it, snatching it while hovering in the all.

Once all of the momentum was spent, Xing was free falling, plummeting towards the floor. Hearing panicked sounds down below, Xing remained calm. Now with the flag in her hand, Xing clenched her other arm, aiming towards the broom.

Come.

Feeling the familiar tingle of magic within her veins, Xing savored every drop of it before pushing it through her veins towards the broom.

Come to me.

"Xing use your wand!"

"She doesn't have her wand!"

"What!"

As the sound becomes clearer, Xing knows that she is coming near the ground.

Just a little more. With her outstretched hand, Xing dug through the magic flowing through her veins, forcing them out towards the broom. Eyes clamming shut to focus, her teeth could only shake at the pressure.

Come to me.

"Let me go get my broom."

"It's too late."

"Xing what are you doing!"

Come to me!

Opening her eyes, she stared at the still floating broom, hands still outstretched suddenly fist together.

COME TO ME!

In those moments, those watching in panicked beneath, saw a slight movement from the broom before it zoom through the air towards the ground. Before it can slam into the ground, the broom pull upward catching Xing successfully. Only then could Xing let out a heaving breathe.

I did it.

Driving herself towards the ground, once she was close enough, Xing dropped on to the ground, body soaked from head to toe. By this time, Xing heard several hurried footsteps coming towards her. Cranking her neck back, Xing saw who they were.

"Ms. Forest, what were you doing!" Madam Pomfrey shouted in horror.

Olliver Wood, who was planning to practice, headed towards the Quidditch Pitch only to be met with such a sight.

"Xing, are you crazy? Where was your wand?"

Xing did not answer, and waited for when she could gather enough power to push herself up from the ground.

My muscles will kill me today.

"Apologies, I was doing a small practice. Heavers are not suppose to have their wands during these practices, the aim you see, it to practice our physical agility." Xing informed, causing silence to spread among the space.

Looking down at herself, Xing stiffly patted her clothes to get rid of some of the dust that had collected.

Madam Pomfrey gasped, "Practice? Merlins, you were free falling at one point. If it was not for one of your tricks, you could have break your neck!"

"You know I won't, Madam Pomfrey. I've only been to your hospital wing for less severe injuries," Xing attempted to comfort for, resulting in a dead stare.

"So a broken arm and leg is considered a better excuse for what you have just done."

Hearing this, Xing could not argue against her, slumping her shoulders in defeat, "Right, apologies, Madam Pomfrey, Professor Snape, and Wood."

Mentioning his name, Professor Snape who was stuck in a trance, eyes staring at her clothes, shifted to meet Xing's eyes. Before it moved away, Xing sworn she could see a fraction of worries in there.

Letting out a weaken sigh, Madame Pomfrey prompted to the gate before leaving, "Might as well get you check out."

Seeing an escape route, Xing happily nodded, intending to follow her. "Of course, let me go get my equipment--"

"No need," Oliver Wood cut her off, already coming towards her with her bag of things. "You can go."

Xing look at him weirdly, "You're following me?"

"What do you think? Look at yourself, can barely walk for your own good." Xing could only roll her eyes, pace lowered down until Wood could match her pace.

"Where's Professor Snape?"

"Back there, fixing your mess."

"Huh? Then I should go back, there's a rever-"

"He already knows, looked like he was used to it."

Awkwardly, Xing turn back, following Madam Pomfrey footsteps.

"...You know, if you weren't a Heaver, I would already recruit you to the Gryffindor team."

"Even if I was a Slytherin?"

Oliver Wood rolls his eyes, "Of course not, it is just a hypothetical possibility."

Xing chuckled at the statement, "Of course, Wood, whatever you say."

Once they have arrived at the Hospital Wing, Oliver Wood dropped Xing's equipment beside her bed, and left, with the excuse that Madame Promfrey have made up about him needing to have his breakfast.

Madam Pomfrey pulled the blinds surrounding the bed, creating a private space for her to assess Xing's injuries. Xing then began to take off her clothes, facial expression remaining neutral as if she was used to it.

"You should not be that careless, girl."

Xing remain silent, still working on taking off her shirt, groaning in pain at the contact if=t made with one of the larger scratches.

"If it was not for one of the wandless enchantments, you would already by carried by a stretcher up here."

"They're requirements for this position, Poppy. I can't not do them."

Heaver, a position that have been added in recent years was known for its rigorous training and strict regulations. Therefore, despite its high pay, the position was not any close to being the most popular position in quidditch.

When Xing volunteered for the position, it put the council to silence. Quidditch have been an ongoing practice in Hogwarts, and with the rules of the game being updated to each game must have a Heaver in attendance, it would put a stop to the tradition. Knowing this, a student must go through the rigorous training to acquire the position, and Xing was the perfect candidate.

While the training duration barely last 2 months in the summer, it was laborious both mentally and physically. As a child, Xing was gifted with agility and power. After the training, these innate abilities were only enhanced.

The rest of the time was spent in silence as Madam Pomfrey perform her magic on Xing's body. Luckily, it was nothing serious, a few scratches and a fracture rib. Where she got that, Xing does not even know.

"You're all patch up, you can go now."

"Thank you, Poppy," calmly, Xing dug through her bag, fishing out her school uniform, and began putting them on.

Just before Madam Pomfrey could leave, Xing whispered, "I'll be able to protect people this time. Please let me do this."

Knowing that she heard it, Xing turns a blind eye to the woman leaving. Once she have properly clothed, no longer smelling like she was drag through the dirt soaked in the dews of monsoon season thanks to a simple spell, Xing also left the hospital wing.

***

"Looks who is here?"

Upon entering the main hall, only half of the number of students was present. The entire process of being in the hospital wing only took half an hour, so when she arrived, students were still trickling in.

"Good to see you're still doing fine after the match," Xing greeted Marcus Flint, settling down an expanded distance away from him.

Marcus Flint scowled at her comment, "Why so far away, Forest? Afraid?"

Placing some sausages on to her plate, Xing grunted at the pain that was starting to seep through her muscles. "Afraid? Never, should I remind you who shielded that bludger aiming for your skull that one time."

Several scoffs and coos were heard from the group, which quickly got turned down by a dismissive hiss.

With silence and peace greeting her, Xing happily accepted the gentle hug that it engulfed her in, enjoying the plate of constant--blandness in front of her. Granted, despite its bland flavor, it did the trick to cure the ever grumbling monster inside her stomach. Only when she saw the mountain of food on the table did the monster awaken from its den.

Pouring herself a cup of hot tea, Xing savored the warmth trickling down her parched throat. How warm. With her hunger now dealt with, Xing began to look around the hall for familiar faces.

To the closest house near the Slytherin, several Ravenclaws are piling in. In one corner of her eye, Xing could spot out Cho Chang along with her group of friends happily conversing. Despite, this being the girl's second year attending Hogwarts, Cho Chang have managed to become a name that many students knew. Being in the house of the wit suited her.

Moving towards the Hufflepuffs, a crowd was beginning to form. Looking at the familiar sight, Xing came to a conclusion. The reason for this disruption in the early mornings was of course, the face of Hufflepuffs, Cedric Diggory. Like what she thought, a blondie standing in the middle of the crowd, held an awkward stance, smile desperately clinging on to his face as he attempted to escape the cumulating traffic jam.

Xing silently pitied the Hufflepuff but still moved on, finding this cycle endlessly funny, no , amusing actually. Finally, the houses of all the house of Hogwarts, known for its braveness...wrong, known for heir loudness and unpredictability, was the Gryffindors.

In certain days, Xing found the bright red and yellow to be a bit too much but luckily, today was not those days.

There was less than half an hour before classes begun, only then did most of the familiar faces from Gryffindors piled in. Percy Weasley, a prefect, was already up for attendance. Unlike him, the Weasley Twins entered much later but not as late as the final son, who entered in a hurried along with the infamous Harry Potter, both looking as if they just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

With a couple minutes left, the owls flew in, dropping parcels and letters to students. Not expecting anything, Xing continued drinking her tea. Aella and Dion who have also entered the hall were quietly eating their meal beside her, jumped in shock as several parcels dropped near them.

"Merlins! I thought it was gonna slam into my head!"

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"Shut it, Atherton."

"Oh, yo--"

"Hurry up and open your parcels, we're about to be late," Xing intercepted, finishing the last of her cup.

Only when Xing finally set her cup down did she spot a black letter laying beside it. Picking it up, she brought it closer for inspection. Hands holding on to it, Xing brought it closer, taking a sniff of it. Xing smiled, catching a familiar scent before unravelling the hairpin that did the job of keeping her bun where it was. In seconds, the letter was open with the sharp edge of the pin.

Xing carefully pull out the letter, unfolding the letter from its neat placement folds. As she reads through its contents, Xing fumble with her pin, occasionally making the adornments jiggle. Once finished, Xing reverse her previous actions, standing up and motioning the duo for class.

Before going, she made sure to tuck the letter safely in her cloak.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

312K 14.9K 78
She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slumber of fifty years and finds that everyt...
32 0 12
I SUPPORT: Trans community (am enby) Queer Community, Pirating, Socialism, Communism, and Anarchy. I DON'T SUPPORT: Trans Hate, Queer Hate, JK Rowlin...
25.6K 967 15
Fourth in the LOVED Series Perhaps Lily is still in there. Care and worry shines through as she helps, saves and protects the one person who could he...
35.1K 1.3K 16
Third in the LOVED Series Lily's world has ended...yet again, all because of Voldemort. She's sick and tired of him pushing people around and ruling...