Holly Hedwig

By hollywheels

Follow Holly Hedwig as she embarks on her ambitious adventure to follow in her mothers foot steps and beco... More

Authors note
The journey

Old memory

11 0 0
By hollywheels

While packing up ready to begin her new life at the infamous Hogwarts, she came across an old wooden Jewellery box, which she didn't recall having. Slowly, she opened the box, and she saw an old faded photo. She could just make out her mother's face in the crowd of people holding a trophy. Even though it had been years since her mother had passed, she could never fail to recognise her piercing sapphire eyes. She slid it into her coat pocket to take with her for good luck and carried on packing. She was not completely sure what to pack but there was a small list and realised she was under-packed.

Swiftly, she put on her satchel with a flower print on it. In the letter, it said to get the supplies you would need to follow the instructions on the back. She set off into the busy city and walked down to the new bus station that was recently opened near her house. And waited for the next bus closest to the leaky cauldron. When she got inside. There were some men toasting butter beer.

" Excuse me, do you know how to get to diagon alley?" Holly enquired.

" Follow me, kid," he said.

He twisted through the leaky cauldron and got to an ancient wall with moss all over it.

"This isn't the leaky cauldron." Holly cried loudly.

"Watch this," he smirked.

He got a rose-pink umbrella from his bag and tapped around some missing bricks on the wall. Rapidly, bricks on the wall started to move. In seconds five bricks turned into fifty! The bricks parted opposite ways to reveal Diagon Alley.

"Thank you!" Holly shouted.

"Good luck." the man called to her.

As she walked off into the distance she wondered how she became magical, but that thought soon faded when she saw the busy part of town. She was flabbergasted when her eyes landed on the magical populated streets of Diagon Alley. Everywhere on the narrow streets, she looked she could see crooked witches and wizards buying their new gear. for the New Year ahead. There were lots of kids that she could tell it was their first time too. One boy with a scar on his head brushed up against her shoulder, he was with a man that was as tall as a giant. Then she saw the place she was looking for Ollivanders!

She stepped inside there were wands all over the walls but a few scattered on the floor.

"Sorry about the mess a boy just came in and it went a bit wrong." he apologised.

"It's alright, can I try a wand please?" She begged.

The man showed her many wands dragon heartstring, horned serpent, Phoenix feathers, and unicorn tail hair.

"Why don't you try this one." He dropped the dragon heartstring into her hand.

She waved the wand into the air and there was a sound that would make you stagger. Quickly, he took the wand from her hand and put it back in the golden box. Next, he chose a sage green box from the shelf it was on the label it said "horned serpent. Again she picked it up and waved it around and the wand made the room prance in circles and wands glided through the shop. When she stopped all the wands tumbled to the ground.

"Maybe not this one." he took it back sounding faint.

Then he put a wand in an amethyst box that was Unicorn Tail Hair she took the wand and it gently slipped into her hand then she waved it around then gave it a sharp flick! Faint purple filled the room with little sparks like fireflies rearranging the wands and cleaning up the shop it stayed for a while until it disappeared. She was so relieved that she found the right wand she knew as soon as she felt it slips into her hands that it was that one it was the only one that felt right to her.

"Ok can I have some Galleons please?" asked the man politely happy that nothing else bad happened after both children visited he was worn out.

"What's that?" Questioned holly.

"Oh you don't know yet, go to the bank at the end of the street and tell them your name and come back and I will give it to you."

Holly stumbled out of the shop still dizzy and walked to the end of the aged streets passing many shops. Until she got to a shop that had "Gringotts Bank" on top of the doorway. The top floor looked like it could fall at any minute because it was so wonky. She pushed her way passed to get inside, she was speechless. The bank looked so small from the outside but it was huge. It was very fancy, there were marble walls and identical tables arranged in neat rows on either side of the room and many goblins in suits working quietly. And a chandelier that looked like expensive crystals in the centre of the room.

"Hello." a stunted man squeaked.

Holly jumped back as she had not seen him yet.

" Oh I'm sorry to scare you is this your first time?"

"Yes, I'm Holly Hedwig," she replied.

" Oh yes I remember your mother's first day still, it was one of my first days working she was very eager to get to Hogwarts ." He told her.

The goblin guided her to a tight room she trembled with fear as she was shown to an old rickety cart. They both got in. Around them, there was a stone that t look like it could devour the track in seconds if it fell. He asked her for her room number, which was 258. The goblin started the track it was bumpy but quite fast like a roller coaster it twisted past many vaults. It felt like she was going to get lost because it looked the same everywhere and it was very foggy. She was told to duck as she approached some pointy rocks coming from above she barely missed them. As they halted to a stop he got ready a candle lit and carried it to the vault, Holly followed him.

"Key please." the little goblin continued.

When he unlocked the vault, Holly was astonished by how much was in there. There were mountains of money, she knew she had some money but not this much!

"Take what you need."

Holly stuffed her purse full of coins they shined like a light in the dark room. The goblin came back for her and they travelled through the cave again. She was not as scared this time but still a little.

Slowly, the cart stopped. She politely said thank you and wandered off to the street. She traced her footsteps back to Ollivanders.

"I'm back." she started out of breath.

" Very well, can I have 15 galleones?" He asked

She looked for her purse and carefully counted out 15 shiny gold coins. They exchanged items and she put the box at the bottom of her back to keep it safe. skipping out of the shop, she thanked him for helping her find her new wand.

Checking the list again she realised nothing was left! She barged through seas of people looking at the new broom the Nimbus 2000. She tried to get a look herself but she didn't see more than someone's pointy witch hat. Getting hungry she thought it was time to set off home. She passed the shops once again. Streets were getting fuller. When she got to the old mossy wall it automatically opened, she looked back and ambled out of Diagon Alley. She twisted through the leaky cauldron, almost getting lost. Finally, she found her way out she thanked the men again and left the Leaky Cauldron.

She walked down the street to the nearest bus station it was quite a trek from there so it took a while. when she got there she sat down and pulled out her wand to have a look. Pulling it out of her bag, she saw a little firefly drift out of her satchel .She was very content with her wand but she knew she was not allowed to use it so she put it back. after a while the double-decker bus came she almost gave him galleons instead of money but thankfully she didn't she sat on the top of the bus and read a comic she found on the bus. As she approached her to stop, she packed up her things and walked back to her house. Ecstatic to get packing, she almost forgot to take off her coat and shoes. She rushed upstairs and carefully put her wand in the front pocket of the suitcase so It didn't get damaged when she was on the train then she packed her Encyclopedia of Bugs and Butterflies she loved bugs and thought bugs were interesting. She brought her crystals in her little box, she had painted it was pink and purple with stripes on them .And in the inside there was a heart in the middle of the box she made it when she was 10 and always loved it ever since. When she was done packing in her blue suitcase she rested and waited for the day to arrive!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.3K 23
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
27.5K 1.7K 20
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 # 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
59K 5.8K 116
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
186K 4.5K 107
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...