THE CALM AND THE STORM~ Harry...

By rea4445

In which a boy with a lightning scar is struck once more. ********************** Harry Potter x OC I only own... More

C A S T
act.1- Flickering Flames
Happy Reunions
Dinner time
Early Mornings
Long haul
Sweet Victory
Familiarity
All Aboard
First Night

Sleep Walking

8 2 0
By rea4445

Fred and George stared happily at their winning from their bet with Ludo Bagman as they made their way back to the tent. Ireland had one, Krum caught the snitch, which reminded her, as Maggie turned to look at Harry, of their own bet.

"Excuse me, Harry Potter, but I believe you own me.... what was it? 50 Gallons!" she said with a huge grin on her face and her hand out. Harry snorted.

"I don't know if you remember how that conversation ended." he said raising his eyebrows,"It was something like... we agreed that I'm the richest, best looking man alive and being graced with my presence was more that you could have ever wished for?"

"Oh, is that how you remember it? Well I remember being promised a small fortune and your hand in marriage." Maggie replied winking at him as his cheeks reddened and a small smile hung on his lips.

He was about to say something els but Ron crashes in between the two, looping his arms round their shoulders, "That was bloody great! Did you see him? Did you see Krum? He was magnificent. He was a mastermind. He....."

Maggie laughed, "Ron, you're drooling."

"I can't hear a thing from my left ear now, thanks to him screaming and screeching Krum's name in it!" Ginny said, from up ahead. Ron's cheeks grew red.

When they finally reached their tent, everyone was awake with adrenaline and the sounds of the crowd. Mr Weasley agreed they could have one last cup of coco together before heading to bed, they immersed themselves into conversations about the match until Ginny fell asleep on Maggie's shoulder and spilled hot chocolate on the floor. Mr Weasley told the girls to go to their own tent and for everyone to go to sleep, which was fine by Maggie as she said good night to the boys with a yawn.

The second her head hit the pillow, she was pulled into sleep.

Ginny shook her awake once again, but this time her face was not coated in excitement but trepidation, "Maggie! Maggie, grab your coat, come on, there's been an attack!" Her voice shook as she pulled Maggie up and shoved her coat into her arms.

As they rushed outside, Maggie realised the sounds in the field were as loud as they had been before, only screams now replaced laughter and cheers morphed into cries. Bill, charlie and Percy emerged from their tent, wands out.

"We're going to help the ministry," Mr Weasley had to yell so they could hear him, "you lot- get to the woods and stick together, I'll find you when it's all over." And with that, they sprinted into the chaos.

That's when Maggie saw the hooded figures with masks covering their features... and the floating family above them. She stood still, not believing what she was seeing, frozen in fear until Harry grabbed her hand and pulled her back into the present. She and Harry followed the rest of them and they ran until the trees swallowed them up.

Maggie held onto harry hand as tightly as she could as frantic shadows pushed and screamed around them. They heard Ron cry in pain as he fell to the floor.

Hermione started worryingly looking around for him, "Ron! where are you? Oh, this is stupid- Lumos!" she illuminated her wand to reveal Ron in a heap on the floor.

"Tripped over a tree-root." Ron grumbles as Maggie helped him to his feet.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to." A mocking voice rang out and Maggie knew just who it belonged to. Draco was standing near by, leaning against a tree, alone.

"You watching this torture show, Sicko." Maggie said mustering as much repulse into her voice as she felt. He snarled in her direction but turned back to Ron when he told Draco exactly were he could shove his opinions.

"Language, Weasley. hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like them spotted now, would you? Malfoy said, he nodded to Maggie and Hermione.

"what's that supposed to mean?" Hermione said, holding her head up high.

"Granger, they are after muggles. D'you wanna be showing of your knickers in mid-air? I mean it would give us all a laugh." he said smugly.

Harry stood in front of Maggie, protecting her, "Hermione and Maggie are witches."

"If you think they cant sniff out a mudblood, stay where you are."

"You watch your mouth!" Ron shouted.

"Never mind, Ron" said Hermione quickly, pulling Ron back.

He continued to lay back against the tree lazily, "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? Whats he up to- rescuing the muggles?"

"Where're your parents?" Harry said, anger pooling out of him, "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

Malfoy snarled again as he said, "I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?"

"He's sick, don't waste your breath on him, Harry." Maggie said Grabbing Harry's arm.

Hermione managed to pull a seething Ron and Harry away from Malfoy, Maggie turns to leave as well until she hears him say something.

"Sick? We like to call it ridding the world of its impurities." Malfoy said with a coy smirk stepping closer to them. she paused but said nothing as she followed her friends, leaving Malfoy to be consumed by the darkness. She certainly wouldn't waste her breath on him, a shallow little boy picking fights he wont win.

"Fred and George couldn't have gone that far," Ron was saying as she rejoined them. She saw Harry feverishly searching his pockets.

"Ah, no, I don't believe it... I've lost my wand."

"Oh, bollocks." Maggie mumbled.

Winky, Mr Crouch's house elf came running through the tree line, "There is bad wizards about! People high-" Her voice was trembling, "Winky is getting out of the way."

But she seemed to be running with great difficultly, like an invisible force was dragging her along, "Did you see how she was moving, like someone was holding her back?" Maggie said with disgust, "I bet they did that to her, she didn't ask to hide. It's wicked."

"You know house elves get a very raw deal. It's slavery, that's what it is!" Hermione said, "Made to sit at the top of the stadium, when she's afraid of heights. And now she's charmed so she can't run whilst they trample tents! Why doesn't anyone do anything about it?"

"Well, the elves are happy, aren't they?" Said Ron, "You heard what Winky said earlier, 'house elves is not supposed to have fun' that's what she likes, being bossed around."

"No, Ron, being bossed around and having your life endangered are two different things entirely! People shouldn't treat them like that just because of what they are-" Maggie defended before a loud bang echoed throughout the woods.

"Lets just keep moving, shall we" Said Ron and they set off again. Maggie saw harry fidgeting with his hands, obviously anxious without his wand. The only she could do to try and console him was to place her hand in his and give him a brave smile as they moved along.

They walked through the woods for about half an hour until the reached the heart, by that point they seemed to be alone, "Maybe we should move back along, where the people are." Maggie suggested, the eerie silence scared her more than the sounds of the crowds.

Harry squeezed her hand and said, "I reckon we should stay here, we'll here people coming a mile off." she squeezes his hand back and they all stand in silence for a while, just listening.

"I hope the others are okay." Hermione said, in a small voice.

"They'll be fine." said Ron.

"Imagine if your dad catches Lucius Malfoy," said Harry, as he joined Ron on the ground to watch his small figure of Krum walk around. Hermione walker over to join Maggie, she hold her hand and places her head on the taller girls shoulder.

"That'd wipe the smirk off old Draco's face, all right." said Ron.

"Those poor muggles," Hermione said to Maggie, "What if they can't get them down.?"

"They'll find a way, Mione." Maggie said as she rested her head onto of Hermiones'.

Suddenly, the group whirled around when they hear someone walking towards their clearing.

"Hello?" Harry called out.

"Who's there-"

"MORSMORDRE!"

A vast green light shoots towards the sky and pains a picture of a skull with a serpent crawling out its mouth. Screams suddenly littered the woods.

Maggie tugged on Harry's arm, who was frozen staring at the sky, "Harry quickly, it the dark lords sign. Its Voldemorts mark!"

They started to hurry out of the clearing when about 20 ministry wizards appeared in fort of them and the next second Harry was tugging Maggie to the ground as they yelled,

"Stupefy!"

"Stop!" Yelled a familiar voice, "That's my son!" she turned and saw Mr weasley rushing towards them, "Ron- Maggie," He was shaking, "Harry, Hermione- are you alright?"

Mr crouch crept up behind him, "Out of the way, Arthur. Which of you did it? Which of you conjured the dark mark?"

"We didn't do that!" Harry said pointing to the green image.

"This wasn't us!" Maggie said in a stern voice as Crouch pointed his wand directly at her.

"Do not lie!" Shouted Crouch, waving it in her face, "You have been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Barty," one of the ministry witches sadi, "They're just kids, Barty, they wouldn't even-"

"Where did it come from?" Mr Weasley questioned and the three pointed to where it had first come from.

Their wands where now pointed to that direction.

Amos Diggory and some other wizards search the grounds but only find one thing, Winky, with a wand in her hand.Mr Crouch was stunned and didnt seem to believe the wizards as they accused Winky.

They undo the stun put on Winky, "As you see, elf, the dark mark was conjured here a short while ago. And you were discovered moments later, right beneath it! An explanation, if you please!" said Amos Diggory.

Winkey tried to explain herself, but it didn't look good as Mr Diggory held up the wand she was found with. Maggie recognised it straight away.

"Hey- that's mine!" Harry said.

"Excuse me?"

"That's my wand, i dropped it."

"Is this a confession? You threw it aside after you conjured the dark mark?"

"Look who you're talking to! Is Harry Potter likely to conjure the dark mark?" Maggie said defensively.

"Er- of couse not. Sorry......got carried away..."

Diggory Turns back to Winky, hurling accusations at her once more.

"It wasn't her!" Hermione cried.

Maggie nodded her head, "Yeah, it didn't sound like an elf."

"it was a human voice, alright." Ron said.

Maggie stopped listening, show knew what they were saying was important but she was so tired and still shaken up that she couldn't bright herself to care. So stood like that until Harry guided her shoulder in the direction they were headed, back to the tent.

Once they made sure everyone was back, Mr Weasley sent them to bed once more.

Sleep did not come for Maggie again.

................
1875 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310 2 19
A fanfic about my Mc's from hogwarts legacy. its has drama and some heavy content!! WARNING!!!
23.9K 944 20
Complete. Short and fun to read! Set immediately after "Goblet of Fire". After the dreadful outcome of his fourth year, Harry finds a way to turn ba...
2.3K 104 12
In which the boy who lived becomes infatuated with the intriguing Veronica Black. A girl that leaves you wishing for more, enchanting in every way, ...
25.2K 1K 15
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟏𝟏:𝟔 "𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡...