Izuku, The Traveler.

By Veiss7

Izuku Yagi, wanted nothing more, than to be a hero. But what if he was given the chance, to become something... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

711 29 1
By Veiss7

In the city of Musutafu there is a small family, all smiling and laughing, however as we look deeper we enter an alleyway where we see a teenage boy curled into a ball being beaten by a stores owner.

"If I ever see you here again, forget the heroes, I'll punish you myself!"

With a huff he left and the boy sat up, watching the man walk away, looking back down at his hands was a piece of bread.

Despite being in the nearby dumpster, it was perfectly edible, he had no idea why the man would throw away something that could eaten. Quickly devouring the piece of bread the boy fled before the man returned.

Climbing up a nearby fire escape he ran along the rooftops, jumping across gaps no ordinary boy could accomplish, yet he hardly broke a sweat. This was a normal day for him afterall.

After finding his home, made of some cloth and boxes, the boy had been living there ever since he was found out tobe quirkless.

His name? Izuku Yagi, later changed to his father's name Midoriya, picked up a nearby watering can for a plant he had been cultivating for a while.

It is nothing special, just some crops of wheat and corn, he was trying his hand at farming.

So far most of the crops he had planted would wilt away or completely disintegrate. Seeing his newest plant, being a rare flower, droop a little he panicked.

"N-No! No, no, no, no! You're fine, you just need some sunlight, o-or some water! Maybe food?"

Izuku picked up some fertilizer and sprinkled it around his flower. Picking the pot up with only his index, middle fingers, and thumbs he gently placed the small pot in a nice spot of sunlight.

The flower opened its petals slightly, visibly enjoying its natural food source, with Izuku sighing softly.

"See? All perfectly fine."

His face adorned a soft expression, reminiscing about the past, before violent flashes of blood and screams made Izuku clutch his head in fear.

"Y-You're perfectly fine...e-everything is...fine."

*Meanwhile*

In a classroom we can see a girl with short violet hair, a soundwave design could be seen shining in the light, her gaze was fixated out the window.

Her thoughts were scrambled as a certain verdant haired teen crossed her mind.

"Jirou-san?"

Snapping out of her thoughts she looked to her left to see her best friend, Momo Yaoyorozu, looking at her with concern.

"Are you feeling alright, Jirou-san? Do you need to go to the nurses office?"

Kyouka Jirou, one of the many students attending UA University, her quirk is a mutation type. She has extended earlobes on each side, each one roughly reaching five meters or more due to rigorous training, she can pierce nearly any solid and is able to hear everything on the other side through soundwaves.

Shaking her head dismissively she opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by their teacher walking into class.

It was their fifth class for the day, being Grammar, their teacher being Present Mic.

They groaned silently, they all loved and respected him, but he tends to go overboard sometimes.

"Hey! Hey! What is up Class 1A!"

A few waved back, either being polite or enjoy his company, he pulled out a textbook and quickly wrote the lesson on the board behind him.

"For today's lesson, we will be talking about how to effectively talk a villain out of villainy, does anyone have a good idea on how to quickly diffuse a hostage situation?"

Before anyone could answer an alarm had caused the classroom to go on lock down. Present Mic merely shut his textbook and look at the class, who were ready for a fight.

"Sit back down, it's probably the media again."

Once he was done speaking, as if on cue, the entire school had trembled and shook everyone inside. Present Mic was now serious and contacted Nezu.

"What's going on? Is this another Mei incident?"

In the principals office. Nezu, sitting in his office chair, looked out his window seeing the rapidly growing purple mist.

["I'm afraid not. It appears that we have, yet another, Yagi Incident. We shouldn't worry yet, be sure to be ready though."]

Mentally groaning Present Mic hung up and turned back to Class 1A.

"Don't be alarmed, it's the daily routine of checking the security system, it'll all be done soon enough."

Resuming the lesson, like Present Mic had said, the alarms had stopped and the class was back to normal. Except for a few who had overheard Present Mic.

Masumi Yagi, older sister of Izuku Yagi, has heightened senses that allows her to eavesdrop easily. With her only her ears she can hear a person faintly whispering around seven to eight meters away. However with her eyesight and nose she can track anyone and anything with a simple glance and whiff. There are downsides, some bad and some horrible, if she over exerts on any sense for longer than thirty seconds she will lose the ability to use that sense.

Katsuki Bakugo, lover of Masumi, he used to be Izuku's tormentor using his quirk, which is nothing special. His palms generate a liquid more commonly known as nitroglycerin, he can detonate the violent liquid with a literal flick of his wrist, the major downside is if his palms are wet he can't produce his spicy sweat.

Kyouka Jirou, you've met her already, and she is actually Izuku's first friend. Glancing around she saw that Momo and Denki were the only few people who are real friends.

You may be confused and probably wondering what had all happened?

Well, for that, we need to go back.

Back to when Izuku had just been enrolled into UA's General Education course, soon later being exiled.

*Flashback*

We see a younger Izuku being dropped off at the local playground. Masumi quickly rushed off to join Katsuki's side while Izuku went to enjoy the sandpit.

It was a nice way for him to enjoy silence. A place where he can wonder in his own mind, but a surprise had been waiting for him, as his eyes landed on a girl with short violet hair.

Seeing the girl already playing Izuku slowly approached her before making himself known.

"H-Hi..m-my name is Izuku Yagi, what's yours?"

Turning her head Izuku was smitten with her dark purple eyes, his cheeks quickly brightened, with a smile she greeted him back.

"Kyouka Jirou, nice to meet ya Yagi!"

The two went on to spend their time together in the sandpit. Izuku had learned about music and instruments while Kyouka gained new knowledge on her favorite heroes.

The day soon ended and the two had to bid each other goodbye. Izuku didn't want to forget her, he never wanted to forget her eyes, turning to Kyouka his eyes brightened with determination.

"J-Jirou-san, I-I promise...that I'll be y-your hero!"

It was her turn for her face to quickly blush, clinking her jacks together nervously, she met Izuku's determination with her own.

"T-Then..I'll be your hero too!"

Izuku's brain proceeded to overload, while Kyouka hid her smirk behind her hand, all the while their parents watched from afar.

*Fast Forward*

"I'm sorry, but your son is quirkless, nothing I can do about it."

Inko and Toshinori Yagi were distressed hearing such horrible news.

"A-Are you sure Doctor? Izuku is healthy a-and he hasn't had any fevers these past few days, m-maybe you did something wrong?"

The doctor sighed as he placed his clipboard down showing the two distraught parents.

"Ma'am, I have two PhD's, I think I would have known if something was wrong. Your son has a chance of getting a quirk when he's older, but I wouldn't get your hopes up yet."

Izuku sat on the chair staring down at his hands in dismal. If he didn't have a quirk, how could he protect Kyouka?

That question swirled in his mind every day from then on.

*Fast Forward*

A crumpled piece of paper hit Izuku once again, flinching he quietly sighed, he could hear them snicker to themselves.

Smirking to himself, glancing down at his notebook, he drew a sigil on the piece of paper that was thrown at him. Standing up, noticing the teacher was not pleased, Izuku turned his smirk into a kind smile as he placed the piece of paper onto Masumi's desk.

"Here ya go sis, I think you dropped this by accident."

He returned to his seat and counted to ten. Masumi was questioning why Izuku returned trash to her, so quickly acting, she grabbed the paper and tried throwing it before feeling something wrap around her had very tightly.

So tight in fact Masumi looked at her hand to see a python open it's mouth and hiss at her.

Screaming at the top of her lungs Masumi flailed her arm in a effort to fling the serpent off. The class was in disarray, questioning how a python got into the classroom, while also screaming their heads off.

The only person calm and collected is Izuku, who wrote down the lesson, while the teacher pathetically tried helping Masumi.

After the snake was finally removed it quickly changed back into a crumpled piece of paper.

Since then, no one knew where the snake came from, only Izuku of course.

*Fast Forward*

"Am I a mouse, a dog, a bear, or a rat? None of that matters, what does, is that I'm the principal! Izuku Yagi, we have looked over your application to the Hero Course, and sadly we have to decline. On the brighter side, however, you're written exam is truly extraordinary! Although you won't be in the Hero Course, we will gladly accept you as one of our General Education students!"

The projection ended, leaving Izuku to process the recording, to say he wasn't disappointed is a understatement.

He even trained to be able to fight bare handed against their robots!

Unknowingly, he grit his teeth in bitterness, his hand that was holding a pencil tightened.

'I defeated twelve three pointers, fourteen two pointers, and thirteen one pointers! The requirement to join the Hero Course is exactly seventy-five! I had precisely accumulated seventy-seven points! I should be in the HERO COURSE!!'

The pencil in his hand disintegrated into a purple mist, his mind quickly switching to Kyouka, tears slowly dripped from his face.

'I...I need to be there..! To be...her hero!'

His body began to emit a purple glow as more tears were shed, before anything happened Inko knocked on his door, quickly bringing him back to reality.

"Honey? Did you get in?"

She opened the door slightly, over the years she had to retire as a hero to look after her kids, she had gained some weight but was still considered fit. Her eyes landed on Izuku hunched over his desk slowly he turned around, with a sad smile, he lied to the only person who stuck with him all these years.

"Yea mom, I did it."

*End of Flashback*

Izuku shook his head and clasped his hands over his ears. The pain and growing hunger had been torture for Izuku, for his body to properly function, he needs to devour a living being. It works best when fed flesh from humans.

'No! Don't let it...control you..! You...are not...hungry!!'

Yelling in pain Izuku made his body self-destruct mildly, what was red mist was now purple as his body was reassembled, the same purple glow shined brightly as Izuku fell to his knees gasping for air.

'Why...why...!'

Looking up at the setting sun, far in the distance, he grew angry at himself. At the quirk that was dormant until he joined UA. Screaming into the sky he directed his anger to any God that was listening by chance.

This is the story of Izuku Midoriya, the Hero who cannot Die, trying to end the curse embedded into him.

While Izuku sobbed on the rooftop, he would soon be found by his Light.

To be Continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...