Fairy Tail Divine Bane: God's...

By nyxfall

Y/n was a lonely boy with no friends. He was called a monster because of the terrifying strength of his magic... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Character Bio
Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Welcome to Fairy Tail
Chapter 3: A Day Off
Chapter 4: Restrain The World
Chapter 5: My True Strength
Chapter 6: Meeting Lucy
Chapter 7: Battle of Fairy Tail
Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm
Author's Note
Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster
The Most Special Day of Everyone's life
Chapter 10: The Dragon Of Thunder
Chapter 11: Some Hellos and Some Goodbyes
Chapter 12: A Will to Surpass
Chapter 13: From Light to Dark
Chapter 14: Jack Of All Trades

Chapter 8: A Fruitful Bond

2.1K 59 1
By nyxfall

(Third PoV)

Laxus was sat upon the wooden stairs of Kardia cathedral with his eyes closed, when suddenly the enchantments made by Freed started rearranging themselves.

Laxus slowly opened his eyes and saw the words he had been waiting to hear since the start of this mayhem.

Y/n L/n has entered the battle....

Remaining participants: 4.....

The grin on the lightning dragon slayer's face was downright bonechilling.

Laxus: Finally... The true Battle of Fairy Tail has begun!!!
___________________________________________

Y/n rushed through the streets of Magnolia before finally arriving at his destination. In front of him stood the massive stone structure, once it used to provide shelter to the helpless and now, it serves nothing more than a temporary residence for the source of all the current chaos.

Y/n was about to enter, when he suddenly felt a familiar magic coming from behind him. He smiled before slowly turning around to greet the person.

The man wore a dark blue bandana with a silver forehead protector, and a green mask that obscured the bottom half of his face. He had bandages wrapped around all his four limbs and a dark blue cloak to hide his torso.

His attire made it rather difficult to percieve his gender, albeit for the pair of brown eyes which emanated qith magic power. Thankfully, Y/n was one of the only mages who had the luck of seeing the face behind the mask.

Y/n: It's been a while, hasn't it...Mystogan.

The said man just nodded his head in response. Mystogan was a man of few words. He didn't talk to anyone in the guild and was usually by himself most of the time.

However, that wasn't the case with Y/n as the God's Arsenal had extended a helping hand to Mystogan when he was new in the guild.

Mystogan didn't say it, but he had deep respect for Y/n and felt a sense of loyalty to him.

Y/n was about to ask Mystogan a few more questions. Sadly, it was interrupted by an irritatingly, loud voice.

???: How long are you two going to stand their chit-chatting! I am getting bored over here.

They both turned and saw the culprit responsible for the whole mess.

The man had blonde hair with a pair of hazel eyes. He wore a navy blue shirt under a dark fur cloak with black pants and shoes. He wore metallic headpones with a single iron spike protruding out of each ear cup. He had a lightning shaped scar running down his right eye.

Y/n: Hello to you too, Laxus....

Y/n narrowed his yes and expanded the pressure from his magic aura. However, Laxus didn't flinch, instead his face adopted a bloodthirsty expression.

Y/n rolled his eyes at the sight. This masochist really made Y/n frustrated.

Y/n: Why are you doing this Laxus? I know you are a jerk, but seriously this time you are crossing the line.

The man in question scoffed coldly before answering.

Laxus: I believe it's time to finally establish which among us three S-Class mages is truly the strongest in the Guild.

Y/n: Is that it?

Y/n arched an eyebrow at Laxus. Surely that can't be the only reason to go as far as to endanger a city full of innocent people.

Laxus: Of course not. I also wish to see which of our guildmates is worthy of joining me in my new Fairy Tail, with yours truly as its master.

Y/n felt his hands tighten into fist. So this bastard has put so many lives on the line to fulfill his stupid dream.

Y/n took a deep breath to appease his rising anger. He really aanted to do nothing more than send this bastard flying. But, losing control here would help no one.

Y/n: So you want a battle between the strongest, right? Well then why didn't you invite Erza?

Laxus: Don't be stupid. I admit that little red-head is strong, but she is nowhere near our level. And, I intend to fight only the most powerful. In this case, that includes Mystogan, you and me.

Y/n sighed he knew after that declaration, negotiation was out of question. He gave Laxus a tired smile before grabbing Mystogan's shoulder and shoving him forward.

The said man wasn't even remotely startled at the betrayal from his comrade. It was because Mystogan was well aware of Y/n's intentions.

The magic wielded by Laxus was quite destructive in nature and so was Y/n's. On the other hand, Mystogan's magic specializes in inflicting abnormal status conditions to the opponent. Y/n's message was clear as day.

A fight with minimal collateral damage.

Mystogan subtlety nodded before one a wooden stave appearred in his hands.
Laxus grinned like a mad man. Lightning cackled around his body as he addressed the man before him.

Laxus: Alright then! It seems I will have to pound you to dust before getting to the main show.

Faster than a naked eye could perceive. The two combatants rushed at each other. Unbeknownst to the three wizards. This was only an omen for a battle that shall go down the history of Fairy Tail.

___________________________________________

Mystogan batted away loose bolts of lightning with his magic staves. He knew when it came to raw power, Laxus had the upper hand. Due to this, Mystogan had resolved to use the 'hit and run' tactic to slowly deal damage to the lightning wizard as he blows through his mana reserves.

Laxus gritted his teeth in frustration. This game of 'cat and mouse' was starting to get on his nerves.

Laxus: You damn coward! Come here and face me like a man!

Laxus hurled three bolts of lightning at Mystogan. Unfortunately for him, Mystogan had a ability similar to his own
Lightning Body.

Mystogan's body dissolved into a cloud of mist as bolts of lightning phased right through him. He reappeared only a few feet away from Laxus, suprising the lightning wizard.

Y/n who was spectating from sidelines felt a smirk broke through his poker face.
The expression on Mystogan's face told him that things were about to get interesting.

Mystogan's brown eyes narrowed at the sight of Laxus. He really didn't like the guy who treated his own comrades like garbage.

Mystogan felt a certain feeling rise up in his heart. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he inwardly questioned himself.

Mystogan: 'What right do I have to judge him when I too am in the same boat as him.'

Mystogan jumped over an incoming attack from Laxus as he continued to dive deeper in his own memories.

(Flashback)

A young boy was seen practicing his magic under a large tree. The boy had his right arm stretched out with his left hand maintaining a firm grip on his right elbow.

Infront of the boy was small sphere created out of blue magic energy. The boy's eyes were fixated on the blue sphere with all his focus gathered to just sustain it's existence.

Unfortunately, the sphere started flickering with parts of it starting to slowly disappear. The boy gritted his teeth as he applied even more power.

???: No...! Don't disappear!

The spehre started to fade even more.

???: No! Please don't fade away...!

The boy's legs buckled as he struggled to remain standing. His arms started to tremble from fatigue. His mind screaming at him to give up and little hope in his heart slowly fading away similar to the blue sphere.

???: Please....please...please.............

The magic sphere finallu faded away as the boy fell down with a look which appeared to be a mixture of physical fatigue and mental trauma.

???: Why...why... Why am I so worthless! I can't even pull off such a simple magic. How am I supposed to get strong then? How will I ever be able to protect others and end my father's mad campaign for power?

The boy grieved as the memories of his previous life came rushing back. He broke down in tears. He truly was a useless person.

??? 2: You want an answer to that.

The boy turned and found a young boy with long vibrant green hair with a pair of ocean blue eyes, on a face that appeared to be chiseled from marble itself. He wore a long white dress which reached his ankles and a long black chain with a sharp tipped, prism-like object hanging from it.

The boy gulped. He had never seen someone so handsome in his entire life.

The handsome boy made his way towards him before extending out his hand in greeting.

??? 2: Hello. My name is Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you.

The boy had a guarded expression. He didn't want to trust this person, yet he felt something in his heart, telling him to trust the handsome boy in front of him. He slowly grabbed the extended hand and shook it.

???: I am Jellal.

Y/n gave him his most appealing smile. Jellal started comparing his own looks with Y/n's. Resulting in something akin to envy rising in his heart. Jellal quickly shook his head and cleared the unnecessary thoughts before focusing at the matter at hand.

Jellal: What do you mean by- "You want an answer to that." ?

Y/n: It's exactly what I mean. I can see you are facing difficulties in trying to harness your magic energy. So, I simply wish to extend a helping hand.

Jellal looked down in disappointment. Not only has he failed to control his magic, he has also allowed himself to be seen by others. He bet Y/n would be laughing on the inside at Jellal's inepitude in magic.

Y/n: Why exactly are you looking down? Do you think the ground will answer your question?

Jellal: Well...That's.....

Y/n: If yes, then you would be corrrect to think so.

Jellal's eyes snapped back at Y/n with a look of disbelief on his face. Y/n simply smiled at Jellal's confusion.

Y/n: You see not everyone is born the same. That's why the term individuality exists, am I right?

Jellal nodded. Y/n knelt down and plucked purple flower from the ground and showed it to Jellal.

Y/n: This flower is such a weak thing. You can easily pluck it, trample it, burn it and do so may henious acts to it.

Y/n gestured to the flower before pointing it to Jellal.

Y/n: This flower is you.

Jellal felt his fist tighten as he bit his tongue to prevent lashing out at Y/n.

Jellal: I get it okay....... I am weak....

Y/n: Yes, you are weak. Just like this flower you can be easily oppressed. But, I dare you take a whiff of this flowers pollen and I promise you, your death shall not be a preety one.

Jellal's eyes widened in shock. Y/n just chuckled at the incredulous expression the boy gave him.

Y/n: You see Jellal, this is Calindril. One of the most posionous flowers in the world. It is said, just its scent is enough to mentally traumatize any living creature.

Jellal gulped in fear as he took a few steps back, trying to get as far away from the flower as possible.

Y/n: This is why I said you are a Calindril. You appear weak yet you are far more dangerous than any nightmarish creature.

Jellal: But... I can't even manifest any magic by myself....

Y/n: So what? Even the strongest of people, when met with unfortunate accidents, become crippled and need crutches just to do something as sinple as walking.

Jellap could see the wisdom in Y/n's words. He felt the tiniest hope returning back to his heart.

Jellal: D-do you think I could a-also become strong.....?

Y/n: Of course! All we need to do is find the right crutch for you!

Y/n whipped around and zipped for the treeline. Jellal was shocked by the sudden enthusiasm, but followed him nonetheless.

Y/n searched around before his gaze fell on what he wanted.

Y/n: Aha! There it is!

Jellal felt his eyes widened as he and Y/n stepped out of the treeline. He saw a massive lake with water more clearer than crystal.

In the middle of the lake stood a single tree with lush green path leading to it. The tree appeared normal until Jellal's gaze fell on the water. His jaw droppped to the floor as he watched the reflection of the tree in lake.

The reflection was like a picture you would see artists create, except it was far more real than any painting on a canvas.

With one side of the reflection showing the tree in its appearance in the spring. Bright and warm sunlight illuminating the lustrous leaves on the golden branches.

On the other side of the reflection, was the tree's life in it autumn season. With all the leaves dried off and fallen, the pale white snow served as a substitute for greenery on pitch-black branches. Flakes of ice fell from cold night sky as the moon along with stars brightened the horizon.

Jellal watched in awe as he had never seen such a spectacular phenomenon in his entire life.

Y/n chuckled before he took Jellal's hand and dragged him towards the tree. Upon their arrival, Y/n quickly got to work and broke a single branch from the extraordinary tree.

Jellal snapped back to reality on the sound of branch breaking.

Jellal: Y/n! Maybe we should leave. I have heard about divine entities who get mad at harming endangered lifeforms!

Y/n: Don't worry Jellal. Nothing like that would happen.

Jellal: Are you sure?

Y/n: Of course! After all, this is My Garden of....

Y/n muttered the last part so Jellal couldn't make out all the words properly. Hefinally managed to break the branch. He appraised its quality as he slowly turned towards Jellal.

Y/n: Here!

Y/n handed the branch to Jellal. Jellal was hesitant at first, but took it nonetheless. When Jellal's fingers came in contact, he felt a rush of magical energy flow through his entire body. He quickly let go of the staff as he stumbled back.

Jellal: What... was that?!

Y/n: Hm...I guess it would take while for you get used to so much magic.

Y/n put a finger under his chin as he contemplated. On the other hand, Jellal's eyes couldn't leave the branch whatsoever.
He slowly stood back up and picked the branch.

The magical rush came back, but this time he was ready. He managed to control it, albeit for a short while only, before getting flunged back five metres away.

Y/n snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of Jellal crashing on the ground. He quickly ran to the young boy's aid.

Y/n: Hey! You okay?!

Jellal: Yes.... I am just not used to so much magic at once.

Y/n: Well, this tree is quite special in it's own right. You see, it generates magical energy from the weather itself. So, depending on the type weather it's mana capacity keeps changing.

Jellal: That's okay. I just have one question for you.

Y/n: Um... yes, what is it?

Jellal: Will use of this branch help me become strong?

Y/n felt his eyes widened. He had never met such a person who would be willing to go this far just to gain strength. He took a deep breath before answering his question with a smile.

Y/n: Yes, it would help you gain strength.

Jellal flashed Y/n a grateful smile. He had never felt the hope in his heart flaring up so strongly.

Jellal: Thank you, Y/n L/n. I don't know how would I ever be able to repay you.

Y/n: No need for repayment, but if you wish to do it anyway, then just call me Y/n from now.

Y/n offered his hand to Jellal as the latter gratefully took it.

(Flashback)

Jellal smiled reminiscing the oldd memories as only one thought echoed in his mind.

Who would have thought that a single act of kindness would help forge two of the strongest members of a guild like Fairy Tail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 581 20
Preferences with Jade, Tori and Cat. Enjoy :)
197K 11.3K 168
[Previous Title - One Piece: Hashirama's Voyage] Hashirama Senju, the God of Shinobi, the Wood Deity, was a legend in the Naruto World. But what if w...
3.2K 102 6
I will combine my favorite Western adult cartoon, Rick and Morty, with my favorite anime, My Hero Academia. In this fanfic Izuku Midoriya is the smar...
3.6K 97 69
The arts are not always for everyone. However, when you find something you love, people you love, you tend to stick with them. Whether that is your...