Endless Love

By xxmmas_

❝Never in my life have I met someone like you. You're someone that comes once in a lifetime.❞ - Lucas William... More

Authors Note And Character Aesthetics
1 : Pilot
2 : Back To Where It All Started
3 : Depressing Mall Trips
4 : Summer Nights
6 : The Matchmaking Project
7 : First Date Jitters
8 : Suspicious Dreams
9 : A Night To Remember...Or Not
10 : Aftermath Of The Storm
11 : Business Trips And Bad Decisions
12 : Slumber Party
13 : The Reason I Love And Hate Elevators
14 : It's Wednesday My Dudes
15 : DDD (Double Date Disaster)
16 : Friday Night Lights
17 : Suprise Visits
18 : Birthday Kisses And Weakness
19 : Spooky Season Is Officially A Go
20 : Seriously, Whose Idea Was This?
21 : He's Alive...I Think
Bonus Chapter : Cam's Birthday
22 : The L-Word
23 : Move Night
24 : Quinceañera Prep : Scene 14 Take 347
25 : Es Hora De Una Quinceañera!

5 : First Day Back

19 3 1
By xxmmas_

AALIYAH

You know what I love about school?

Nothing.

8 hours of sitting in the classroom while doing boring, useless work that I'm not going to use later.

Well, you do in some jobs, but you get the point that I'm trying to make.

I don't like school in general but private schools especially. It was filled with a bunch of spoiled rich kids who didn't think of anyone but themselves.

I know I'm not perfect but I at least acknowledge the fact that other people in the world don't have it as good as I do.

Now that I'm off my soapbox.

I made my way to my bathroom and got ready. I went back to my closet to try and pick out an outfit.

I decided on a dark red college shirt with some straight-leg blue jeans and my black boots.

I quickly threw on some mascara and I left my hair down because I didn't know what to do with it. I sprayed on some perfume and went downstairs.

My mom was already gone, but she left me a note on the fridge because she knew that was where I was most likely going first.

Sorry, I couldn't be here I had to get to work a little earlier today. I hope you had an amazing day and STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

- Mom

She honestly could've texted me that but she believes in the old-fashioned way for some things.

I grabbed my phone, water, and keys and headed out the door.

•••

When I walked into the school I immediately wanted to turn around and go back home.

I haven't seen some of these kids in months. For the most part, they still looked the same, but somehow everything felt different.

But then again it has been 6 months.

Desirée told me to meet her by the entrance so we could meet up with each other. When she was walking over here Xavier was beside her.

Finally, my ship has sailed.

But honestly, I'm surprised Lucas wasn't with them.

"So where's Lucas?" I asked Xavier as we all walked down the hall.

"Oh, I don't know he said he had something to do."

"Oh." is the only thing I said.

We walked around for a little until it was time to go to our first class.

Surprisingly we all had the same first class. After that, we didn't have any other classes together but at least I had this one with them.

On another note, I think I may need to go back to the guidance counselor because who wants to go to any type of math class at 8 in the morning?

We walked in and all took a seat near each other. Desirée was in the middle, Xavier was in the seat behind her, and I sat in front of her.

He asked if I wanted to switch spots so I wouldn't have to turn around to talk to Desirée but I told him it was fine.

We were all talking until Xavier looked up and started staring behind me.

I turned around to find Brooke Baldwin. The biggest bitch in the school.

She thinks she can do whatever she wants just because Daddy has money. Spoiler alert she does because the teachers are too afraid to do anything.

Her little minions, Eleanor and Chloe, were also with her.

"Get up," Brooke said.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked.

"I don't think I was speaking another language, Miller. I said get up."

"Yeah, I just had to make sure I heard that right. Brooke, I don't know if anyone has ever told you but being nice gets you a long way."

"Tried it and it didn't work. But why are you guys still sitting here?"

"Because it's a seat. That's usually what you do."

"Yeah but why are you sitting in these seats?"

"Listen, Brooke," Desirée interrupted, "Aaliyah is being very nice right now but I'm not Aaliyah. There are let's say twenty-three other empty seats in this classroom and you chose to come back here where you clearly saw we were sitting. Now I don't know if you're blind or you just think you can tell people what to do. Maybe it's a little bit of both I don't know. But what I do know is that all three of you can turn around and find a different seat. Preferably one that's not occupied or do you only like things that are taken?"

Brooke looked at her for a second and then scoffed and turned around. She walked to the other side of the classroom and sat down.

"Mi novia," Xavier said smiling at her.

"I have no idea what you just say but thanks." she glared over there at Brooke, "Damn I can't stand her."

Brooke, Desirée, and I all used to be friends a couple of years ago until Desirée caught Brooke and her ex-boyfriend a week after they broke up.

After that, I was closer to Desiree so she accused me of being a bad friend.

To be fair I was willing to hear her out but she always treated me badly.

She constantly undermined me and made it seem like I was a bad friend for not letting her make everything about herself.

After that, I guess we just grew apart.

After about ten minutes the bell rang and the teacher cleared her throat.

"Good morning," the teacher spoke, "I'm Mrs. Davis and I hope you all had a wonderful summer. I look forward to this semester and hope that it's a fun and productive one."

Around 10 minutes after she was talking and telling us about herself someone knocked on the door and the person sitting by it opened it.

Lucas.

Of course, he's in this class too. I'm honestly starting to think that the guidance counselor did this on purpose.

"Mr. Williams how nice of you to join us," Mrs. Davis said turning her attention towards him, "care to tell me why you're late?"

"I had a meeting with my dad and it ended a little later than expected."

"What time did it end?" 

"7:30."

"Dude I hate to break it to you but it's 8:20," Xavier said.

"Thank you Xavier for being so helpful," he said sarcastically. Xavier smiled at him. He then looked at me and started for a second, "I guess I just lost track of time."

"I don't care who you or your father are I will treat you like any other student that comes through those doors. If that means you're twenty minutes late then you're 10 minutes late." Mrs. Davis said.

"Good to know," he said uninterested.

He started walking toward the back of the classroom to sit in the seat beside me.

"Hey pretty boy," Desirée said, "what do you think you're doing?"

"Sitting down?"

"Not right there you're not."

"I think I have the right to sit wherever I want. I mean last time I checked America was a free country."

"Lucas, baby come here I saved a seat for you beside me," Brooke said turning around to where he was.

Baby? Out of all the people.

You know what never mind I don't care.

"Nah I'm good back here," Lucas replied staring at the desk.

"Well fine I didn't want you up here anyway," she said turning back around.

"Sure you didn't," he said while letting out a little laugh.

After a couple of minutes of working, I felt something small hit the side of my head.

Hell no I was not about to do this.

When I looked at the ground it was little paper balls on the ground beside me.

"Hey," Lucas whispered from beside me.

I ignored him but he kept on hitting me with the paper balls.

Was he honestly trying to try to get me in trouble on the first day?

"What?" I whispered, still not turning to him.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Aaliyah come on don't be like that."

"I'm not being like anything now will you please leave me alone."

After an hour of a useless class, it was finally time to go to my other ones and do the exact same thing.

I went to my next class and did meaningless work for half the class and nothing for the rest.

Then it was my favorite time of the day.

Lunch.

I was talking with Desiree while walking to the cafeteria when suddenly Lucas grabbed my waist and dragged me somewhere.

"What the hell," I said when we stopped in front of a bulletin board.

"Before you start jumping to conclusions. I wanted to let you know that I don't have anything to do with Brooke. We haven't dated, I haven't given her any attention, and I keep telling her that it's not going to happen but she won't listen."

"Okay..."

"I just wanted to let you know."

I didn't say anything for a second I just stared at him. "Well thank you I guess."

I walked back to the cafeteria and Desirée and Xavier were sitting beside each other at a booth table.

Lucas and I went to sit with them. Desirée looked at me and mouthed "What was that about?" "Nothing." I mouthed back.

They didn't have anything to eat yet because they were waiting for the line to go down.

"What do you want?" Lucas said turning toward me.

"Oh you don't have to-"

"I'll just get you something. Xavier mind coming with me?" Lucas asked.

"Nah let's go. Do you want anything Desirée?" Xavier said.

"I mean if you want I'm not forcing you to do anything. Not that you implied that I was forcing you-"

"Just get her something too if you don't mind." I interpreted her rambling.

When they got up she crossed her arms on the table and stuffed her head in her arms.

"How stupid did I look?" she asked.

"Very," I replied, "but I'm just being honest and what kind of best friend would I be to lie."

She took her head out of her arms and sat back up. "I don't know what happened. Usually, I can control my nervousness around him, but today was different."

"Oh my gosh," I gasped, "Desirée Carmen Thompson. What are you not telling me?"

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"I'm gonna believe you only because you're my best friend."

Desirée and I talked for a bit then Lucas and Xavier started walking back over here.

"Here you go," Lucas said sitting down beside me and putting the lunch tray in front of me.

I smiled and said, "Thank you."

When I looked beside me I started to laugh a little. He was so close to the edge that he looked like he was about to fall off the seat.

"I don't bite you know," I said turning towards Lucas.

"What?" he said.

"Dude she means that you can scoot over a little bit. You look like you could fall out of the seat any second now." Xavier said.

"Oh yeah right," Lucas said scooting a little closer to me.

I appreciated him trying to be cautious but I don't want him to think I'm a pit bull ready to attack at any and every second.

"Hello everyone can I have your attention please?" someone said from the stage.

Everyone turned to see Brooke and the cheer squad standing on the stage.

"I just wanted to let everyone know that cheer tryouts will be tomorrow after school in the gym. Everyone is welcome to try out but only a few will make the squad. That's all I had to say. Bye!" she said and walked off the stage while everyone else followed.

"We should try out Aaliyah," Desirée said which turned my attention back to the table.

"Absolutely not," I said taking a sip of my drink, "I'm not the cheerleader type. Plus I don't want to be anywhere near Brooke."

"Forget about Brooke let's do it for fun. Come on we could be like Brooke and Peyton," she said, "or Haley whichever one you prefer."

"You should try out Aaliyah," Lucas imputed, "you used to love to cheer."

"Yeah, when I was 7."

"Wait. You? Cheer? Yeah, I have to see that," Xavier said while laughing.

To be fair it was funny. The thought of me cheering seemed so weird to the point where it was hard to believe.

"Oh come on please," Desirée begged, "just try out you might not even make the team."

"Fine. But if I break any body parts you're paying my hospital bills."

She smiled and then looked at Xavier. Xavier was already staring at her, so when she turned to look at him their eyes met. She quickly turned away and looked out the window.

Xavier cleared his throat and then said something. "Hey, you know some guys from the team are throwing a party this weekend. You guys should come."

"Oh, I don't know.." Desirée started.

"We'll be there." I interrupted her.

The only reason I did that was because Desirée said one of her goals this year was to be more social.

What better way to do that than go to a party?

I honestly don't know because I never went to parties, but why not try it out.

We stayed there talking for a while until we had to go to our other classes.

Lucas and I had another class together. Along with Brooke too. It was child development or something like that.

Seems pretty easy right?

"Good morning everyone, I'm Mrs. Landry. I hope you had a good summer, but now it's time to get back to work." Mrs. Landry said at the front of the classroom.

"Today you'll be starting a partner project that will be very important considering it's your biggest grade of the year."

A project on the first day? I can tell what type of teacher she is.

About three minutes into her talking I zoned out. I know I should be listening, but my mind was distracted. By guess who, Lucas.

The thing is why was I thinking about him?

"Aaliyah is it?" Mrs. Landry said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes."

"Are you paying attention?"

Now at this very moment, I asked myself. How would a normal person respond?

I obviously couldn't say I was because then she would probably ask me what she was talking about.

Me being myself I decided to do it anyway.

"Yes."

"Okay, well would you mind telling me what I was just saying."

I knew it. It was the first day of school and I was already embarrassing myself.

"You were talking about how for the next four months we would start a family, take care of a baby, and come up with everything families usually need. It would be a big grade at the end of the semester that would determine our grade for that class." a voice from behind me said.

"Mr. Williams I didn't realize your name was Aaliyah." Mrs. Landry said.

"But that's exactly what I was going to say. He just happened to say it first." I said.

You know sometimes I just need to learn how to be quiet. Just stop talking sometimes it'll save you a lot of trouble. She looked at me skeptical of if I was lying or not.

"Thank you," I whispered to Lucas.

"No problem."

"I've already chosen your partners so we don't have any arguments over who's going to be with who." Mrs. Landry said.

Of course. I can just feel it. I was either going to be with Lucas or Brooke. It's bound to happen in these types of scenarios.

"Okay...," Mrs. Landry spoke looking at a sheet, "we have Eleanor and David. Annalise and Courtney. Brooke and Rylee. Aaliyah and.."

Please don't be Lucas. Please don't be Lucas.

"Kevin."

Oh, thank you I don't know what I would've done if I had gotten Lucas or Brooke-

"Oh, I'm sorry that was my bad Aaliyah you're actually going to be with Lucas."

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

•••

I know the part about the project was a probably unrealistic, but then again it's wattpad nothings realistic.

Hope you're having a good day!

-Samm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 1.1K 58
When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, Owen Windess. She hadn't expected to fall...
1K 70 33
Two lost souls. Finding each other. Finding themselves. Luna is a sophomore in college with a group of friends that have become family to her, and to...
444 50 8
It started by accident. It ended as planned. Love came in different forms. What if it started with an accident meeting? Asteria Hartley is a young v...
363K 10.3K 54
❗❗THIS IS A RENEWED VERSION OF MY STORY HIS VICTORIA, YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL ONE IN MY PROFILE❗❗ ⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke ...