When The Mob Villian Doesn't...

Door Nihil_Est_Scriptor

Bully. Disgusting. Annoying. Egoistic. Pompous. Stupid. Lester Farrington is all of these words to everyone... Meer

MORE INFORMATION
001: LUDNITH
002: OBSESSIVE LOVE
004: A MYSTERIOUS BOOK
005: NICHOLAS CARBEY
006: THE BOOK THAT HOLDS THE FUTURE
CHARACTER CHARTS
007: DISILLUSIONMENT
008: HIS FATE
009: ACCEPTANCE
010: THE REALIZATION
011: THE PURPOSE OF A MOB VILLAIN
012: FACELESS
CHARACTER CHART BUT ✨YASSIFIED✨

003: THE FAMILY DINNER

663 28 67
Door Nihil_Est_Scriptor

A/N:

Hello again readers! 

I hope you all have been well. The new update is here. Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

________________________________________________________

The classes end at 4.30 pm and Lester goes back home in his carriage. Of course, not before leaving a small bouquet of daisies just for Abigail at the student council mailbox anonymously. Abigail loves daisies a lot.

The carriage back home is silent. As for his brother and sister who are still at school, they usually take one carriage of their own. Lester hates loud noises so he takes a separate one for himself. His oldest brother was not happy about it, but Lester remained adamant on his demand so here he is.

He reaches home at 5 pm. He is greeted by his butler, Norman Maynard. A young man in his early 30s, with long straight white hair that he usually keeps in a ponytail. He is very stoic and expressionless, but very good at his job. He has the ability to deduce anything from just the atmosphere of the room and so, Lester never really hated him like the other servants, who all just shrank into the walls and corners if they ever got a sight of him.

Of course, that does not mean his presence does not displease Lester. Norman is nothing but a watchdog for Lester, prepared by his father to track his moves. The young boy had instances saying so.

"Good evening, Young Master." Norman says with a bow, to whom Lester tosses his bag. But Norman already expected this—after all, it is a routine by now—and takes the bag away without it falling to the ground. Both of them walk to Lester's room.

On the way, Lester asks, "Anything new on my schedule?"

"Nothing new, Young Master. You have a joint dinner with the family. Young Master Johnathan will be absent due to—"

Lester cuts him off with a scoff, "Of course he is. The last time he was home was last year."

Norman does not reply to it.

They soon reach Lester's room. It is a big room painted white with gray undertones and blue themes. It also had linings of gold and a big chandelier hung from the painted angels on the ceiling. Two paintings of the God's Warriors hung on the walls. The bed had the same colors of dull white and blue put to the left side of the room in the center. To the nearest left of the door, was a large shelf of books. On either side of the bed were two large windows and there was also a vase next to his bed that held some Chowder flowers. There was a small balcony in front of the door. There was a study table to the left. And then was a smaller room to the dressing table where his clothes were.

In that dressing room there is another door that holds the bathroom. There is another door in the bathroom from where the maids would enter to prepare the bath. The whole room had a professional feel to it. A touch of perfection. Quite grand for a bedroom, but his mother is very careful about status.

Norman pours down some mint tea that was prepared due his arrival. Another routine. Lester takes the cup and says, "Tell the maids to prepare my bath." He then dismisses Norman, who bows and leaves after placing his bag down on a smaller table near the door.

Lester sits down on the chair near the balcony and drinks his mint tea. Everything is quiet. The silence is so loud.

After a perfect 10 minutes, the small bell on his wall rings, signaling that the maids have prepared the bath. Lester, who is done with the tea, walks over to the bathroom.

A perfect white room, walls filled with soft blue floral patterns enter his view. A large dark blue curtain is open, showing the bathtub with steaming water. The whole area reeks of lilacs.

Lester goes behind the standing curtains to undress himself and put his dirtied clothes in a bin nearby. He then gets to the bathtub and closes the curtain. And then, he leans back and sighs.

After 15 minutes, he gets out of the bathroom. After drying himself, he walks to the dressing room, where he takes out a white shirt, a pair of black pants, a golden lined belt and finally a duller, yet shiny vest of the color of gold. After wearing them, he hooks his cuffs and looks in the mirror. Unsatisfied, he takes out a brochure made from a golden gem stone and wears them on his vest. He also wears a brown tie. He looks in the mirror again. He straightens his tie once more and combs his hair for the third time.

Finally, he is done. At a perfect 6 pm.

He sits down to revise his classwork. He does some of the homework, making mistakes in some questions, and such. At 8, there is a knock on his door.

"Come in," Lester orders. He already knows it is for dinner and changes his expression into annoyance.

Norman comes in and with a bow, he says, "It is time for dinner, Young Master." Lester clicks his tongue, frowning in irritation. He closes the book, tossing it on the table like an invaluable object before walking off to dinner, Norman trailing behind him.

Soon, they reach the dining hall. Lester takes a deep breath, before nodding to Norman, who bows and opens the door. Lester walks in and eyes the whole room.

Beautiful dark blue walls, with silver designs shining from there. Golden brown ceiling with two chandeliers hanging from top. Marble silvery floor, sparkling from intense cleaning. A long dark wooden table in the center of the room, adored in a dark blue table cloth, with a set of lit candles. And at the head, sits his father, Otis Farrington, Duke of Setis.

The Farrington Household is actually situated in the Northern Country of Magurus. After the Great War of Eternal Night, that happened between all the kingdoms of the Human Realm, there were many immigrants from other kingdoms. And the Farrington family was one such family, who came to Imealia after the war. They rose from the status of a Marques to a Duke. Their main business is the 'Land of Black Metal' Corporation. Their family has been a hereditary metal maker. And thus, became one of the best weapon makers and iron makers in Imealia.

Otis Farrington is one of the 5 dukes in Empire Imealia. Well known and well reputed, he is a very stoic but capable man. He has 3 mines under his name. He had opened up new connections with the other empires through his business. He is also the Minister of Weaponry under the Emperor. He is about 45 years of age. Long dirty blond hair and deep tired olive-green eyes are his features. His skin is a warm ivory, and there were wrinkles on his face of age, but he still appears strong and attractive. He is about 6'5. He usually wears darker toned clothes with a black cape over his figure which gives him a domineering look.

To Otis's left is an older woman wearing a beautiful red gown. Lester's mother, Celine Durie Farrington. It makes her porcelain paler skin stand out more. She had long chocolate brown hair that was tied up with a red ribbon with two ruby pins fixed on it. Her eyes were a teal blue, that held nothing but dryness. She wore a necklace of gold with a ruby on it, her ear consisted of rubies too. Her wrist held a golden bracelet. Her eyes darted at his form. It was momentary and she does not look at him again, which is copied by Lester, who ignores her.

To Celine's right, is a younger girl. Viola Farrington, Lester's second older sister. She is an exact copy of her mother: chocolate brown hair and teal eyes that sparkled unlike Celine's. She had her hair down and wore a similar red gown like her mother. But unlike her, Viola only wore a golden bracelet as an accessory. She is 19 years old, 3 years older than Lester. She is in the Art Department, with a talent for music. She has an amazing voice and has won several prizes because of that. Thus, she is very popular and pretty much the social butterfly of the Farrington Family. Viola only glances at him and then focuses back on her plate. Her plate only had a quarter of what everyone else was eating and Lester knew it was her mother's plan to do this.

To Viola's right, sits a taller and more matured woman, but still younger than Celine. She is Clara Farrington, the oldest sister, aged 23. She had light blond hair, and teal blue eyes. But like her mother, hers were dull as well. Almost lifeless. She wore a long-sleeved white shirt with a dark blue ribbon for a neck piece. And down, she wore a long and slender dark blue skirt. As for accessories, she wore a long silvery blue gemmed earring. She is currently working as an executive accountant in a very well-known noble bank called, Golden Gate Financials. She glances at Lester, nods to him as an acknowledgement before going back to eating. Lester does the same.

To Otis's right, there is a chair left empty. It was for the eldest child and the first son of the family, Johnathan Farrington. Short and well-kept blond hair with aqua coloured eyes. 25 years old and is currently the General of the troops under the second prince, Prince Cyril Wendell Imealia. He is never home, unless for work. It has been a year since they last saw him.

To the further right was a younger man. He is Wilson Farrington the second son of the family, younger than Clara, but older than Viola. Aged 20 and in the final year of the Science Department, he has long brown hair and fern green eyes. He wore a pair of glasses, which did hide his eyebags to some extent and just appeared in modest clothes: a white shirt with a plain green vest and black pants. His shoulders were slumped and he leaned over, not looking up from the table. He notices Lester's entry, but does not greet him.

And finally, Lester Farrington. The youngest child, the third son and the black sheep of the Farrington family. Dark blond hair and olive-green eyes like his father. His academics were just average and his magic is poor too. That is because of a condition called Decaying Mana Syndrome. It causes poor mana flow and his mana cycle would be in a very rusty shape, making him unable to use magic in a good and fluid manner like his classmates. Practice is not his cup of tea, be it magic or swordsmanship. Maybe once or twice, but nothing more.

Poor academic skills, poor swordsmanship, no talents, unstable magic... he is the packaged trash son.

"Good evening," Lester greets the family before taking his seat near Wilson like always. Norman had already prepared his meal.

The family continues to eat. Not many words are spoken among the family; Viola telling her family about her day at school, and the others listening in in silence. Celine appears happy. Lester focuses on his food. He finishes up early at a perfect 8.30 pm.

"Thank you, for the meal," Lester stands up and leaves.

He gets back to his room. He changes his clothes to his dull gray cotton nightwear. After that, he takes his medication for his condition, and practices a bit of his magic, to make sure it is still in working condition. Then, he goes through some of the class notes again until it's 9 pm. Lester finally blows out the candles and goes to sleep.

Unknown to this 16-year-old boy, there is another presence in his room. An adult man, with long red hair and silver eyes. He is adored in dark and violet robs.

He stares at the sleeping boy and smiles. "Finally," the man murmurs, taking something out of his robes. It is a book.

"Finally, I can put an end to all the problems." He says, a bit giddy.

He places the book on Lester's study table. He gives a glance at Lester again and smiles sweetly, "Do your best, Lester." And he vanishes.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

51.7K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
105K 2.2K 57
They say opposites attract, but what happens when that opposite is a sexy, lethally trained, sexy, arrogant,sexy soldier of one of the most deadly fo...
122K 3.3K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...
1.9K 283 57
" For the first time I felt I saw Daniel Howell, the lonely boy who puts everything into his job so he can feel there are some people out there who w...