Ageless love

By Mercury_Sol

Izuku starts to get real close to his next-door neighbor, perhaps a little too close for other people's likin... More

The Ice queen Part 1
Warm hearts Part 2
Melting the ice Part 3
Cold dinner 4
Cold shoulder Chapter 5
Getting chilly Part 6
Icey lips Chapter 7
Burning low Part 9
Rising temperatures part 10

Heating up Part 8

3.1K 104 72
By Mercury_Sol

Rei and Izuku pull apart from each other as they slowly opened their eyes. Rei and Izuku blush as they both awkwardly stand there staring at each other.

Izuku didn't know what to say. It felt right to kiss her but he didn't know what to do now.

Rei had so many thought going through her head but she pushed them to the side. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Congratulations Izuku. I knew you could do it." She told him.

Izuku was confused at first but then remembered his U.A. acceptance letter. "O-oh, y-yeah. Thank you." Izuku told her. He had completely forgotten about the most important thing he has been waiting for.

"How about we celebrate with pie?" Rei said as she hurried up and went to the kitchen. "Uh, sure." Izuku said. Once she was in the kitchen, Izuku was left in his own thoughts.

'That was intense. Good thing she didn't say anything about it or I would have died.' Izuku thought as he sat back down. 'Wait, why didn't she say anything? Did she not like it? Was it too forward? Was it not appropriate? Oh man, why didn't she say anything?!' Izuku shouted in his head.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen with Rei. 'Oh, my gawd We kissed!! What am I doing?! He's too young!

Rei opened her fridge and pulled out her pie. 'But why did it feel right?' She then placed the pie on the counter and began cutting slices. Rei looked over at Izuku.

'He deserves someone better. And not to mention younger.' She thought as she went back into her fridge and grabbed the whipped cream. 'If only.' She then brought Izuku his slice.

After some pie and sitting in relative silence. Izuku felt his phone buzzing. Pullin it out he sees he got a message from All Might asking him to meet him at the beach.

Izuku eyes widen at the realization that he didn't tell All Might about his letter sooner.

"Is it important?" Rei asked as she could see him staring at his phone in shock. "Uh, yeah. I-I'm no. Well, I just need to go see someone real quick." Izuku told her as he put his phone away.

"I'll wash this before I leave though." He said as he grabbed his plate and put it in the sink. Before he could turn on the fauces he felt a hand on his shoulders.

"You have somewhere to be. I got this." Rei told him. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Positive." Rei said as she pulled him into a hug.

Izuku was shocked but returned the hug. "I'm proud of you." Rei told him.

Izuku's mind stopped. "I'm proud of you." Kept replaying in his head. He felt tears threatening to fall. He's cried many times and even in front of Rei before. But for some reason, he didn't want Rei to see him crying anymore.

"T-thanks." Izuku said weakling as he quickly turned around and left through the front door.

After leaving Rei's apartment. Izuku took a quick breather to regain himself before he made his way to the beach he cleaned up to talk with All Might. 

On his way there he kept thinking of Rei. He felt so happy around her. He shared everything with her. He wanted to be around Rei all the time. He liked Rei. 

Izuku halted immediately. "I...like Rei..." Izuku whispered with his face all red. He knew he liked her he just didn't know he "liked" liked her. Not like Izuku knew what that meant. His experience with girls has been less than pleasant.

Noticing he is near the beach he decided to ask All Might about this. Once there, they spoke about his acceptance and how to harness the power of All for one. But Izuku had a more important question.

"All Might can I ask you about...girls?" Izuku asked a little embarrassed. "Young Midoirya, you sly dog! I didn't think you had it in you! While my experience is limited I shall help to the best of my ability. Ask away." All Might told him.

"I-is it okay to like someone...older...than you?" Izuku said as his voice got lower and lower. All Might thought about it for a sec. "I don't see why not. A small age gap shouldn't be a problem. What is the age?" All Might asked.

"She is...40?" Izuku said sheepishly.

All Might's face paled. He didn't say a word as only the sound of waves crashing could be heard. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!? All Might shouted.

"W-w-what?!" Izuku asked. "I thought we were talking about a 2 or even 4-year gap! But 25!!" All Might continued. "I-I know that sounds bad but-" "Midoriya, you have to think these things through. 40 is a big number. Do you seriously see yourself being with her?" All Might asked.

Izuku thought about it. He wasn't an idiot, he knew she was way older than him. But still. The thought of one day coming home and seeing Rei playing with their kids put a smile on his face.

"Yes, All might. I'm serious. She's very nice to me, she always knows what to say, and...I-I like her...a lot." Izuku said shyly but with determination.

All Might hung his head down. "I see. The cherries have been picked." He said. "What?" Izuku said confused.

All Might then swole up and become muscular again. "I see that same determination I saw the first time you went into danger! So I say, go for it young Midoriya!" All Might shouted.

"But-but-but you were just against it a minute ago!" Izuku told him. "I must admit I was caught by surprise. But just like when I first received one for all, I too felt the same feelings you felt. So, go for it." All Might told him with a thumbs up.

Izuku thought about it. "You're right. Thank you All might." He told him. "So what are you waiting for?" All Might asked. "W-what? Right now?" Izuku asked.

"Young Midoriya there is no time to waste! Now go tell her!" All Might shouted. Izuku hesitantly ran home. "Aw, young- uh, love. Aw, love." All Might said as he looked at Izuku run.

After a few minutes, Izuku finally returned, ran up the stairs, and stopped in front of Rei's door. Izuku took a moment to catch his breath. After composing himself he knocks on her door. 

Waited for a moment the door opens. "Izuku?" Rei said a little confused. Izuku could feel his heart sink. "I...like you." He told her. 

Rei's pale face flushed red  "I-I know y-you won't l-like me back, but I had to tell you. Maybe I didn't somebody told me I should." Izuku said shyly as he whispered the last part.

Rei didn't say anything as she put her cold hands on the side of Izuku's face. "Izuku." She said grabbing his full attention. "I like you too, but I'm too old for you. What do you think people will say about this?" She asked him. 

"I...don't care. I'm tired of listening to others." Izuku told her confidently. "Why would you go for someone like me? You could have someone prettier and closer to your age than me." Rei told him.

Izuku pulled Rei into a hug. "You were the first person who was nice to me, believed in me, and didn't care if I was quirkless. I don't want anyone else, just you." Izuku told her. Rei was shocked at his words but returned the hug.

"I don't want to lose you either. But are you sure you would be happy with someone like me?" She asked. Izuku backed up a little so he could look at her. "I should be asking you that. You're so nice and you cook really good. I wish I could be as amazing as you are." He told her.

"You are amazing. You make me feel...special. I don't want to be selfish...but maybe." Just then, the room became so cold you could see your breath. But Izuku didn't care. All he was worried about was what Rei was about to say.

"Maybe we could give it a try?" Rei said shyly as her face was red like a tomato. "You mean it! Seriously?!" Izuku said basically jumping in his spot. Rei laughed at his cute antics.

"Well, it's getting late. You have a big day tomorrow so you should get some rest." Rei told him. Izuku once again forgot about everything. "Uh, yeah. I forgot about that." Izuku said shyly. "Goodnight."

"Izuku?" Rei said stopping him from walking away. "Yes?" He asked. "Should we...?" She tapped her lips. Izuku's eyes widen as his face became red. "I-I think s-so." Izuku said walking up to her. 

Izuku's nerves began to set in. He was frozen in place. 'I can't do this!!' He shouted in his mind. It's not like it was his first time kissing her. But this one felt way more terrifying than the first one.

Rei softly smiled as she held his hands and gently leans forward and kisses him on the lips. The kiss felt heavenly. Not like before when both of them kept thinking about what was wrong or right. Now with no worries, it was just them.

Separating from the kiss. They look at each other with warmth in their hearts. "Tell me how it goes tomorrow." Rei told him. "O-of course!" Izuku told her as he slowly walked out of her apartment.

Once her door closed Izuku was looking at the closed door with a dorky smile on his face. On the other side, Rei was doing the same. Both felt like they were on cloud nine. So both were unaware Izuku's apartment door was slightly left open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 5 4
Okay, so maybe Jimin thinks his neighbor is hot. A little. Okay, maybe a lot.
34.3K 1.4K 19
When the mother of a misfit pair of twins catches the attention of multiple men. One being her sons' teacher, one a coworker, and a father who have a...
21.5K 839 39
Xiumin gets an annoying new neighbor, Luhan. And this man turned his world upside down. Luhan, embarrassed at the first meeting. Waited till he could...
181K 9K 39
One day you notice that a new neighbor moved in the apartment across yours. He's the complete opposite of you: attractive, confident, talkative... Be...