Lusting For Elliot

Od YvieOluoch

Human beings are sane, rational people. Necessities take up prime attention and wants are the temptations we... Více

MUST READ
:Part One
:Part One: Chapter One
:Part One: Chapter Two
:Part One: Chapter Three
:Part One: Chapter Four
: Part One: Chapter Five
:Part One: Chapter Six
:Part One: Chapter Seven
:Part One: Chapter Eight
: Part One: Chapter Nine
:Part One: Chapter Eleven
:Part One: Chapter Twelve
:Part One: Chapter Thirteen
:Part Two
:Part Two: Chapter Fourteen
:Part Two: Chapter Fifteen
:Part Two: Chapter Sixteen
:Part Two: Chapter Seventeen
:Part Two: Chapter Eighteen
:Part Two: Chapter Nineteen
:Part Two: Chapter Twenty
:Part Two: Chapter Twenty-One
:Part Three
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Two
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Three
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Four
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Five
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Six
:Part Three: Chapter Twenty-Seven

:Part One: Chapter Ten

288 16 4
Od YvieOluoch

~Chapter Ten~

We decided to order five different boxes of pizza, to go, with a whole pack of sodas. Dad got a call in the middle of ordering. Ella, our step mother, informed him that Duke, her oldest son, was coming home tonight. In fact, he was home and was wondering where we were.

"He says he came home and found you two weren't there, and got worried," dad said. When he saw the eye roll I couldn't hold back, he sighed. "He just wants to be a big brother, you know. The both of you love your siblings to bits. Can't you use that as common grounds?"

Duke and I were the same age; only he was months older, like eight months older. I didn't like him mostly because he tried to take over everything I do.

Okay, I admit it, I didn't like having an older brother, ergo step brother. It bothered me to know he was constantly a shadow over me.It didn't help that he was constantly getting into trouble.

This time, he'd been caught fighting at school, and with that he got expelled. Yes, fighting wasn't enough to get someone expelled, but when that person was caught breaking school property, drinking and smoking, constantly leaving campus grounds, and the most recent, an affair with a teacher, though they didn't say which, he definitely needed a kick in the bottom.

Dad's frame was still as I remained silent. When I tilted my chin up, he sighed. "He stays out of my room," I said simply. There was slight disappointment there, something I tried to ignore, but he understood. He smiled though. "Oh, I forgot, there's a gift coming for you soon."

I laughed, knowing exactly what it was. I pulled back my sleeve to find twelve charms dangling on a silver interlocking bracelet. "Let's see: eagles, glasses, purse, torch, wolf, owl... which one's missing?"

Jonny snickered, while dad blushed. "Ha, very funny," he said. "And no, it's not a charm. It's something more breathing, with a whole new set of responsibility for the two of you. Think you can handle that?"

Brows furrowed, I tilted my head speculatively. Jonny and I shared a glance, and I realised neither of us knew what it was. "More alive, you said," I said speculatively. That could be anything, really.

Still, dad grinned knowingly, and then suddenly the buzzer was groaning on the table, making a loud noise. But people at the pizzeria didn't mind as they were used to it. Back in England, we wouldn't be doing something this huge.

Yes, to me eating pizza on a school night, or any time, was a huge thing. Jonny and I were so lavished back home, we were brought up with propriety digging at us. I'd not once gone on a date, as imagined, as my first kiss now belonged to a jerk. Our lifetime had been strict, but with mother around, we could at least sneak in a few things.

We all jumped at the sudden buzz, and then laughed at the other's astounded faces. We were out of the pizzeria soon enough.

"It took you guys long enough," Duke was the one to open the door, still dressed in his former school's attire. Black slacks with a white shirt underneath a navy pull over. From the not tucked in shirt, I definitely realised he was also sloppy.

Dad grinned, trying not to throw down the pizza boxes while hugging Duke. "Welcome home," he said. "We will be talking about your behaviour, though."

Duke mock sighed, but then smirked. "Yeah, guessed I won't get off that easily," he said. He glanced to Jonny, and then patted his head, disarraying the hair. "Hey there, Shortie."

I immediately remembered Elliot. And suddenly I blushed. And with that came a scowl. "What's up with jerks and that term?" I grumbled.

Dad shot me a look, and Duke finally noticed me. He did a once over that was oddly weird. He grinned cheekily, opening his arms wide. "Well, if it isn't my baby sister?" he said. "I missed you."

He went to hug me, only I took a step left, which meant he missed his target. "Say Welcome, Chrystal," dad sighed. "New neighbourhood, new people, new behaviours. You two need to start getting along."

Jonny nodded. "I like Duke, Chrystal," he said.

I nearly rolled my eyes. The boy in question was grinning triumphantly. Inhaling deeply, I offered him the polite smile grandmother taught me. "Hello Duke," and with that, I turned around and started walking off.

Jonny giggled. "That means 'Hello' but go away." Jonny laughed, followed by a surprising laugh from Duke.

Dad sighed. "What am I going to do with you guys?"

It was morning the next day, it still being the first week of school that I decided to pull out the idea I'd been mauling over. Ella had returned a few hours ago, and yet I could already hear her in the dining room.

Dressed up and ready to go, I walked out of my room with my bag, just to stay rooted to my spot.

Duke was also leaving his room, dressed in a pair of navy black slacks, a blue shirt with a navy blue blazer. Surprisingly, the shirt was tucked in and his shoes were gleaming; black hair was slicked back with jell and blue eyes twinkled cheekily at me.

I shook my head slowly, unable to comprehend what was going on. He nodded his head, a smirk breaking out. The smug, little...

No cursing, dear, it shows you from a class the exact opposite of what you are.

"I'm still dreaming," I mumbled, one hand with some files to my chest, the other holding my phone with my bag hanging over my shoulder.

Duke crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame of his room. "Then I'm pretty lucky to be in your dreams," he teased. That was the thing about Duke, he was constantly teasing me about everything, and it was annoying.

I sighed, remembering another rule: be the better person. I squared my shoulders and sighed. "Fine, but try not to be embarrassing," I said. It surprised us both, and suddenly, Duke was smiling differently, more amused than cocky.

"Thank you," he said.

I rolled my eyes, then pressed them firmly shut as I realised I was being contrary to who I was. I sighed again, opening them to meet Duke's blue eyes. "I'm part of the welcoming committee since yesterday, and it seems there are two new students coming in. The best person they will assign me with will be Elaine."

He quirked a brow, standing straighter as he walked to me. "Elaine, huh?" he said. "Is she pretty?"

I scowled, turning to go down the steps. "She is, and she loves her boyfriend," I said sternly. Duke, another surprise, nodded as he put his hands up in defence. "Good. She will show you around, and I promise not to be cruel if you try to behave."

He nodded. "Always caring about image," he said.

I snorted at that. "Recently, not that much," his brows shot up. "Not important. Anyway, good luck, and have fun, but not too much." Duke smirked; I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

Before I walked away, I noticed Duke watching me funnily, but just pushed it away as his surprise showing. I was acting differently, which was baffling to both of us. "We use the jeep when going to school," I instructed, walking into the kitchen and dumping my bag on a chair. I kissed the chef, Mr. Wilcox, on the cheek. He'd been something of a friend ever since I was a child. "Good morning," I called to everyone.

"Good morning, Chrys," they said back.

"Your lunch is almost ready, though I can't decide between salads or apples," Mr. Wilcox said.

I smiled, picking up a cookie from a tray. Lena, the upcoming chef, who was working on them, mock glared and I smiled cheekily. "Apples would be good," I said. "Thank you."

"Chrys I fixed the problem," Job, one of the cooks, said. We'd been trying to create ice-cream, but all the time something happened and it didn't work out.

"What was it?" I came to stand beside him.

He glanced up and smirked, "Turns out someone kept on saying table spoon instead of teaspoon."

A blush stained my cheeks, and everyone chuckled, "Now who could that be?" I fluttered my lashes as I walked away. "Thanks Job, I know Jonny's going to start salivating soon again."

All the while, Duke watched from the doorway, seeming mesmerized. I shook it off, clutching at my binders. "Hey Duke, I'm going to talk to dad for a sec," I said. "When you're done, could you take my bag too?"

He nodded, and again, I stopped walking and watched him in surprise. He stared back uncomfortably, blinking rapidly. "What?" he asked.

Brows furrowed, I shook my head, dazedly starting to walk off. "She's surprised you accepted," Mr.Wilcox said, laughing at my astonished face. When Dukerolled his eyes to me, I shrugged, and he groaned.

I found dad working on some papers in his office. Knocking made him glance up, and he smiled, though I noticed the wary way he watched my entrance. I smiled knowingly, "Don't worry, I'm not here to pop your head," I said.

"Oh, thank god," he sighed, relieved. "I would have told you but Ella thought you'd throw a tantrum and refuse him to attend your school."

Always Ella, I thought begrudgingly. I shook my head, taking seat on one of the chairs opposite his. "I'm here because of Jonny," I went on as dad suddenly frowned in worry. "No, he's fine; it's just that I think it would benefit us both to have a bodyguard. If it's someone who can also be part of the school, so be it, but I don't feel safe knowing Jonny is so open like that."

The frown turned speculative, and suddenly, his brows shot up. "You still don't remember who he is, do you?"

I tried not to groan, and instead asked, "Should I remember him?"

The corners of dad's lips tugged upwards but he fought off a smile. The groan rose to the surface then, but I stopped it in time. "Just curious," he said. "Didn't you give a beanie to that friend from the wake? What was his name again?"

I immediately knew who he was talking about. The wake had been my mother's wake, when friends and families had gathered to mourn her death. It was a long time ago but I still remember the boy who'd made my brother and I laugh, against all odds, only because we'd all been fighting with a toad that fit the palm six times over.

Still, I didn't understand its relevance. "What is this about?"

Dad sighed, as if the weight of the world suddenly descended on his shoulders. He dropped his head, but quickly picked himself up and shook his head when he realised the dejection he was showing off.

"Never mind," he said quickly at my astounded face. "You will understand soon enough. Do me the favour of talking to him, for five minutes: tops." He went on even as I winced. I'd be going against Elliot's warning. "As for the guard, your grandmother beat you to the idea. My only task was to see if you, specifically, would need it in the first place."

I was surprised to find that out. But then again, I should have expected my grandmother to have been more than ready to butt heads with us to get something her way. She was a control freak, as most would say.

I nodded. "Jonny needs one," I said, making certain to put emphasis on my brother's name. Dad quirked a brow as one corner of his lips tilted upward. "I don't, really. Besides stepping into school, the only outing I'd attend involves parties invited by you, parties invited by friends, or project meetings which are out in public. Besides that, I have the defensive skill mother made certain I acquired."

"You do realise it's because of you she's up my arse for this?"

"Daddy!" I scolded, mortified at the cursing. Dad grinned, shaking his head in amusement. "Seriously, no one would believe you're my father with all that cursing."

"Ella does it," he pointed out. "Duke is definitely fluent in the arts of cursing, your brother does it once in a while, and then there's Timmy who is picking up on it. The question here asks where you came from?"

Blushing furiously, I realised I was the odd one out. Even the staff worked that tongue like a weapon. Insulted, to say the least, I said the first thing I could grab hold of, "From my mother's womb through her virginal carnal, one, if I remember my biology correctly, you enjoyed pleasure in nine months earlier..."

I trailed off in laugher as my father quickly surmised his papers and surely ran out of the study. Yes, it was embarrassing saying such words to my sire, but it surely helped even out the playing field whenever he brought out something I wasn't able to counter.

Leisurely, I picked up my files and tucked them against my chest, walking out as gracefully as my mother once did. I found everyone already at the dining table, with dad at one end and Ella at another. I ended up seated across Duke with Jonny to my side.

"Good morning," I greeted cheerfully, dad's cheeks turning a bright pink as I sat down sweetly. That surely got everyone's attention.

Jonny grinned, adjusting his glasses. "Let me guess," he said. "You pulled out the sire card."

I shrugged innocently and dad spluttered with his drink, eyes wide. Timmy, Duke and Ella watched on curiously. Only Jonny and I knew the sire card, and somehow we'd made it a mutual agreement to keep it that way. It was something from our mother, I guess.

"You taught him too much, Chrys," he said.

I smiled, fluttering my lashes sweetly. "What did I teach him, daddy?"

His cheeks darkened, and he grudgingly returned to his breakfast. Jonny and I high fived victoriously.

Ella sighed. "Well, you guys had better eat up," she said. "We don't want Duke's first day to be ruined by a tardy late slip. Timmy, you too. I've instructed Muriel to take you to your school first, and then he'll drop you three next. It's good to see you well dressed; Duke. I surely hope it will stay that way."

Duke rolled his eyes, before taking a good bite of his toast. I shook my head. "Mum, why can't I go to their school?" Timmy asked, truly looking burgled. He was a few months younger than Jonny, but a mini version of Duke with a lighter pair of blue eyes. It was a good thing, too. "I feel like the ugly duckling every time."

Duke snorted, eyes twinkling mischievously. "Oh, please, like you aren't already," he said.

Eyes wide, I gasped, with Ella scowling. Duke was the only one to find it funny. Timmy liked black, he'd changed the whole theme of his room into black just last year, and with it was the change in clothes and eye liners. Yes, Timmy was an all out Goth.

"Duke, have some manners," Ella scolded, reaching to ruffle Timmy's hair. He pushed back. She sighed. "Dear, do remember we must be at the Egbert party this Saturday."

Dad picked up, as did Jonny. Dad barely glimpsed my way. I ignored it, carefully lathering butter over my toast. "This Saturday?" he asked, seeking confirmation. Even he didn't believe he'd have to go.

The Egbert's were a social sort of family, with Mr. Cedric Egbert being a well known banker, who believed girls should wear dresses over the knees, with blouses that showed no shape, whatsoever. He was a dictator whose first born son had refuted and was a successful artist in New York, while the younger ones were still living under his roof, barely.

Mrs. Egbert, if I could describe in a few, curt words, was the rudest, most obnoxious, astoundingly ignorant woman I'd had the cruel misfortune of meeting. The last time we spoke, I'd been forced to keep my mouth busy by gorging in mounds of finger food; unfortunately, I was stilltempted to gorge her eyes out with the toothpicks.

I inhaled in deeply, exhaling mildly. I didn't wish for anyone to notice how much hate I had for the woman. It wasn't just her character that irked me; it was her mere misfortune to speak of my late mother, commenting how the woman hadn't been able to raise her children properly.

"Surely she could have taught the girl how to converse properly," she'd whispered to one of her obnoxious friends, and I'd been privy to the conversation from behind the flower pot. "And did you see the clothes she was wearing? Oh, she nearly gave my Cedric a heart attack. He swore he'd never seen something so... indecent, to put it modestly, ever in his life. It must have been god punishing the woman for raising her children so... vulgarly."

My mind wafted back to the breakfast room, where Duke was watching me worriedly. I smiled reassuringly, and he hesitantly nodded. "Yes, this Saturday, darling," Ella said. Jonny sighed, begrudgingly drinking his juice in gulps. It hurt me seeing the resigned expression on his face. "The Potter's, Stanton's, Brandon's, Michael's and the Branson's will be there. We cannot miss it. These are people we must keep in touch with. Tomorrow you'll go pick up a new suit. Today, you should see to it that no other occasion will come to destroy this occasion. It's very important to me."

Dad was losing as Ella brought on the pleading eyes. I couldn't believe this was happening. Jonny finished his drink, and I could see his eyelids start to redden. Anger, fierce and loyal, surged through my veins. I twirled the knife in my hands over the bread, creating some sort of picture. Dad glanced my way. I smiled, gently stabbing through all two slices of toast still on my plate.

He gulped.

"Actually, dear, there's something else happening on that day," he said, and Jonny looked up hopefully. "It's also important."

Ella, astonished dad was going against her, flustered out, "But honey, this is more important that whatever could be-"

I sliced cleanly through the slices, and dad's eyes nearly widened, but he caught himself at the last minute. Dad stood up, gulping down his drink. "We'll talk of this later, hon," he said quickly. Dad did a head kiss on Ella's head and then me, before practically running out.

Silence lingered in the air. I glanced to Jonny, and he was staring back at me. He'd actually done that. He'd gone against Ella's instructions to attend the Science Congress. We both knew there was a likely chance he would go to the Egbert party instead, but the feeling that he'd attempted to get there was far more.

Jonny and I shared a secretive smile, before I stood up. "As much as breakfast was fun, we must get going," I said. "Two new students are arriving, one, unfortunately, being related."

"Chrystal!" Ella snapped. I winked at an astonished Duke, who grumbled.

I laughed as I excused myself from the table, grabbing my bag and files with me. "Hurry up you three," I said. "Time is of importance in my book."

Grumblings sounded from the dining room as I walked away. Duke was the first one out, and found me seated at the back of the land rover. He slid in next to me, but I was watching outside to really notice.

Cars and people moved past the brass huge gates outside our home. Being old money from both sides of the family, the house belongs to the family, from somewhere in the sixteenth century, from my father's family.

No one really saw what happened within the walls of the gigantic mansion; all they thought was that we slept in money. Not really. Most great houses were filled with laughter and tears, as much as other houses. The emotions made the house home, in a sense.

"So, what should I know before we get there?"

I was startled out of my thoughts as Duke decided to interrupt the silence. My hand rose to my chest as I gasped. "I forgot you were here," I laughed.

Duke smirked, "That's insulting," he said. "No one forgets this piece of hunk."

I snorted. Men were becoming overly cocky. Just like Elliot... No, no more thinking of Elliot. I rolled my eyes at Duke. "A hunk of coal, you mean?" I fluttered my lashes at him.

Duke scowled and I laughed. "Alright, alright," he rolled his eyes. "What should I know before I get there?"

"That I've gotten a text message from Elaine," I said, and Duke's brows rose up.

"Your friend," he said.

I nodded. "She's going to be showing you around, which means for the next whole day, you'll have a whole load of information dropped on you."

Duke nodded. "Do they have a swimming team, at least?" he asked, seeming worried.

I was surprised by that information. For long, we'd always been fighting, throwing words at each other at every interval. Having him reveal he liked swimming was something astounding. "Um, yes, yes it does. It's a private school," I remarked, smirking. "Unless you thought we used a lake, instead?"

Glancing out the window, he said, "Careful, Chrys, your perverted mind is showing." I pressed back a scowl, turning away lest he sees the line my lips had formed. From the smirk, I doubted I'd done it well.

He was still rude.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

264K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
313K 6.8K 85
After Harriet was expelled from her school after an incident, she has no other option but to go to a boarding school meant for delinquence like herse...
3.9K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
33.8K 1.7K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...