Married @ Eighteen [REWRITTEN...

De attheiajazlyn

They say that once you are free from something or someone, it's a huge possibility that you will never see it... Mais

Married @ Eighteen
One: Athanasia's Misfortune
Two: Surprise, Surprise
Three: Try
Four: Three Months Trial
Six : Loud is Fun
Seven : Invitation
Eight : Uncomfortable
Nine : Secret Secret
Ten : Cooking with "Hubby"
Eleven : You're Unfair
Twelve : Can I?
Thirteen : New Kind of Silence
Fourteen : Just the Usual
Fifteen : Axel's Investigation
Sixteen : He is the Definition of...
Seventeen : Hurts to be Hated
Eighteen : Give Time
Nineteen : In Need of a Married Couple's Advice
Twenty : Longing
Twenty-one : Finding the Right Moment at a Wrong Time
Twenty-two : Worry Worry
Twenty-three : To Be Patient

Five: Holding Hands Would be Better

199 12 10
De attheiajazlyn

Everyone was staring at us.

Here I am on my first day of school, sitting on my seat as I waited for our professor to come and start my class. It would have been great if it was that normal but then with Lucas sitting beside me with his head lying on the table, staring at me with deep thoughts made my morning weird. The troublemaker boy was with the transfer, wow. No sarcasm at all.

I gave Lucas a glance and scoffed, moving away from him. It has been days since I agreed about that 3 month trial. And Lucas was still annoying me about it. What, does he want it to cancel instead of agreeing to it? I must have been reading his signs wrong. Now I feel a bit embarrassed.

"What are you staring at me for?" I muttered. I gave him a light flick on the forehead, he just showed a small smile as a reaction. See? He's weird.

Lucas sat up and began to face the front as the professor walked in the classroom to start the class. He gave me a light nudge and a wink when I glared at him. "I still can't believe that the Athanasia agreed to the trial. I wonder what was in your mind to change your choice?" He replied. "Now, it's your turn to stop staring at me and focus on the class."

He pointed at the front and began to ignore my presence. My mouth went agape. Everyone around us also scrammed away as if they were never there. Now I have more explaining to do later to those people. There is no doubt that there will be one or two that would come and ask what my relationship with Lucas is.

The class wasn't that bad. It was normal. It ended normally without Lucas trying to annoy me—luckily. I had no problems whatsoever until the bell rang for the next period. That's the time that Lucas and I had to separate for our next classes. We have different classes in the second period which is good for me. Except that I don't want someone to be with at that class.

"I'm going now," Lucas said as he took his notes with him. He suddenly took my pen and left it to me. I frowned, confused. "What are you doing?" I asked, pulling his collar to stop. "That's my pen, asshole."

"I didn't know that little miss perfect would call me that," Lucas commented. He put my pen on his ear so casually and turned towards me, pulling my hand off his collar. I raised a brow. Now he's starting to annoy me. "I have a mouth, I can say whatever I want," I answered which brought Lucas to let out a light chuckle. What's his problem?!

He copied my move earlier and gently flicked my forehead. It didn't hurt me but I took a step back when his finger touched my head. I immediately covered it with my hand as I glared at him. "Mom said that we'll be meeting in your home and talking about that trial. I just wanted to give you a heads up," He said. "And I'll be taking your pen. Because I have a hand, I can take whatever I want—" he's mocking me?! "—you can have my pen, princess."

He then left with the others, leaving me with someone who was still sleeping. I gave the person a weird look and left, not bothering to wake that person.

I went inside the next class and immediately saw a familiar figure sitting in the middle, three seats away from the board. I did not hesitate to walk and sat beside them.

"Hi," I happily greeted, nudging their side.

They gave me a confused look at first then gasped when they realized who I am. "Athy?!" They exclaimed.

No one could mistake someone who has silver hair and a tall figure with a clean sense of fashion. My friend, Ijekiel could only pull that off. And I was so glad that he's here with me in the same class! I don't have any problems anymore to be alone all throughout class and find Lucas later all by myself. I almost let out a cry as I walked in the room.

"Right, you told me that you were transferring here," Ijekiel exasperated, knocking on his forehead. "How did I not remember that..." He began to curse himself which I immediately stopped. The thought must have slipped out of his mind when he was busy doing projects. I remembered how he mentioned that he couldn't get to hang with me and Helena as he had a lot to do. Poor guy.

"Well, I am so glad that you are here," I said. I ruffled Ijekiel's hair but he didn't mind. Unlike a certain person.

No.

Stop thinking about him. It would only ruin your day, Athy.

As expected, I had a lot of fun when I had someone that was close to me. I was lucky enough to also have Ijekiel as my partner to a new project that the professor gave. It's my first day here but why do I get to have a project, pronto? Ijekiel is here to save me but I still feel a bit of pressure from it.

"Huh."

Oh, wait.

As Ijekiel and I were about to go out to the cafeteria to buy some snacks to gain our energy back. I find Lucas standing by the door, waiting for me. His brows were raised when he saw me with Ijekiel. He then gave me a look that I couldn't read. What's with that look, are you trying to look for a fight?

"Lucas?" Ijekiel called. Ijekiel knew Lucas?

Lucas was my childhood friend but we didn't go to school  together when we were kids. I only have Ijekiel and Helena to destroy my loneliness. They have pretty busy parents with great expectations for their child, so Lucas didn't get to meet them. It's such a small world that Ijekiel knew Lucas. Maybe it's because they went to the same university. But how?

Lucas only showed a smile. But that wasn't the smile that I have come to used to. "I see you're with Athanasia," he said. I could feel the coldness in his voice as he said it. Now what has come to this guy's mood? He was happy when he left me earlier. "Where are you guys going?" Why are you even asking? Leave!

"Athanasia invited me to buy some snacks," Ijekiel replied. He was completely oblivious that there's a black aura emitting behind Lucas right now. "I see..." Lucas then gave me a look again. What?! "Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have walked my way here to invite you."

"Eh?" Ijekiel was confused.

Eh?

"Oh, didn't Athanasia tell you?" Lucas turned to Ijekiel. The glint in his eyes has come back. I knew he was going to say something different that I wouldn't be able to stop. I know what he was going to say and that wasn't agreed in the contract, you idiot!

Lucas pulled me close, away from Ijekiel. I feel that the others were now giving their attention to us. Lucas' hold around my shoulders was gentle but it felt a bit forced. Oh no.

"We're dating."

Shit.

---

"Why did you tell him that?!" I yelled at Lucas.

Back inside the school building, right after Lucas confirmed that I'm dating him, I immediately dragged him out for privacy. Which concludes us in the emergency exit. Lucas was sitting on the stairs, u bothered while I was standing in front of him with a death glare. Even with my glare, Lucas was whistling so casually. How dare he—how is he so calm about this?!

"Why, isn't that right?" Lucas muttered. His eyes still wouldn't meet mine. "You agreed with the trial which means we have to act as a couple for three months to test the waters. That was written in the contract." His reason made me pause.

"But you can't just say that so openly!" I tried to reason with him but he was still sulking. What was he sulking for?! Ever since he saw me with Ijekiel, his mood turned sour.

Lucas finally met my eyes and then stood up. "I have the right to say it openly since you agreed to the deal," he retorted. He then took a step close. I was about to move back for some distance but Lucas had his arms around my waist. His hands were locked to each other. I was left to hold his arms for support to avoid my face from bumping his chest. My eyes widened at how close we are right now.

"But then you are right..." Lucas muttered. His voice now seemed a bit sad. "I still need your consent... before I act..." Oh , he knows how to learn. But isn't he acting like a puppy though?

"Glad you listened." I sighed. Without knowing, I was beginning to relax in his hold. This guy had the most comfortable hug as much as I wanted to deny it. If I say it out loud, this guy's confidence would skyrocket. I shook my head, erasing the thought. "Well, I feel a bit hungry..." I muttered out loud which Lucas heard.

Lucas tilted his head, his bangs got in the way of his eyes a bit. "You still haven't changed..." He commented with a chuckle. I returned it with a glare.

"You're lucky that I don't have my pockets empty," he said. He lets go of the hug and went to rummage on his pockets to get something. I was a bit disappointed that he stopped hugging—oh, hell NO.

He handed me 3 bars of chocolate from his pockets. And to my surprise, it was from my favorite brand of chocolate. My eyes sparkles at the sight and immediately took them from Lucas before he does anything stupid. I popped one piece in my mouth. Happiness rushed over me as the chocolate melted in my mouth.

Lucas just stared at me while I was enjoying my short snack. "It's not much but I know that you will like it," he said. He sat back on the stairs. He patted the space beside him, telling me to sit down with him also. I immediately followed, still eating the chocolates. "You really know me well!" I sang. Lucas only lets out a laugh.

"How can I not? I've been stuck with you for 7 years, it's hard not to get used by you," Lucas replied. "Remember when we were kids that you scolded me for not having a snack with me?" He started to reminisce. I turned my head to face him a with confused look, tilting my head. Lucas just showed me a smile, that smile. "Now, it has become a habit to me, carrying your favorite snacks..." His hand suddenly met mine, forcing them to intertwine. "... Even if you weren't with me..."

I was silent at first. I was commenting in my mind of how smooth that was but then I realized that he was holding my hand. I felt my face went warm and immediately pulled my hand off of his, scooting away from him. I sat on the other end awkwardly with Lucas looking dejected by what I did. But I did not regret of what I did, if I just let him, I know so well how I might fainted right after if he would continue.

I was a bit surprised as Lucas was never like this with me before.

Another new side of him.

Before things would get more awkward, I heard my phone rang. I checked it to see it was my mom calling me. It was the same for Lucas, someone also called him. The phone call saved us from this tight situation. Thank goodness!

"Hello, mom?" I replied, walking away from Lucas to also give him some privacy. "... Huh?"

---

"We're here!" I called out as soon as I walked in the house with Lucas following behind. I let him to the garden which I guessed where our parents were. Lucas still remained silent since that time in the Emergency exit. I felt a bit awkward while he's acting like that. I can't seem to focus.

"What's wrong?" I asked, nudging Lucas' side to gain his attention. He gave me a glance then back staring at the flowers. "Nothing..." He said timidly with a shrug. I stared at him with narrowed eyes. I have been with him for a long time, there was no way that I could just forget how he's acting when there was something wrong with him.

You have underestimated me, Lucas.

But then, I was a bit saddened that he would not open up to me. I felt like I was in the wrong. And I badly want to make it right. But how can I when he would not say what he feels? I cannot just force him to spit everything out. That's just rude.

My eyes never left him as we continue to roam around the garden to look for our parents. Our garden is quite huge since my mom loves flowers, dasd made it for her before they were married. Because of this huge garden, this was also where I started to love roses. After 11 years away from here, I finally felt at home.

Lucas was still silent. It's now making me uncomfortable. Is it because of what I did earlier? If so, why?

"Athy, sweetie!" Mom called as soon as they saw us. As expected, they were having lunch in the middle of the garden. The weather was perfect to go and eat outside.

I left Lucas and went to my parent's side, while he sat with his parents. And I swear I heard him sigh out loud. Now, I am getting worried.

"Is this what Lucas told me about earlier?" I asked. "About the trial."

"Yes, indeed," Lucas' mom said. We began to eat when we were now complete. "We have already explained about the trial. Now all we have to do is to sign the papers. And your marriage with Lucas."

Lucas choked on his drink, while I had my mouth open as I was about to take a bite of my food.

What?

"Marriage with Lucas?" I repeated with a frown. I dropped my utensils and sat up. "But didn't we agree that this will be all a trial?"

"Yes," Mom replied. She has her hand on my shoulder, pulling me to calm myself down. Without any words from her mouth, I still ended up lowering my head. "But isn't this better that to have you two marry, even just for 3 months? I mean, if we make it as a trial, we should make this more realistic to see if the two of you are compatible."

It's like you are just adding some stuff so that I would really end up with Lucas. This is a trap!

"But this is what we have agreed on," Lucas said. I was surprised that he's joining this conversation. I thought that he would just watch this unfold. "Yes, we would act as a married couple but signing the papers... It's like that you are still getting us married. And what? If this doesn't work, of course, we would have to divorce."

Everyone went silent. For the first time, Lucas was speaking for himself.

"Oh, please. It's just a forgery," His mom said, patting her son's shoulder. "Calm down, son. We are still keeping our promise."

"You better be..." I heard Lucas mutter as he went back down, leaning his back on the seat. I stared at him with a worried look. What's gotten into him?

The lunch ended peacefully despite that it started with us arguing. In the end, we agreed. We cannot deny our parent's orders. Their word is always absolute. I was disappointed at dad that he's still losing whenever he tries to argue with mom. He had lost too much power and always made mom the winner in every argument. I felt defeated.

Lucas was the first one to leave. I immediately followed him without any thoughts to reason with him.

"Lucas, wait up!" I called. I noticed how he was slowing down when he heard me. I was now walking beside him but he was still silent.

I gave him a glance to which he didn't returned. I look down an caught a glimpse of his hand, open. I remembered how he was holding my hand with those, holding me gently as if I was someone precious. The memory had me blush again, I was thankful that Lucas was looking in the other way or else I might have punched him to look away.

I was staring at his hand again, contemplating whether if I do it or not.

....

If he's that stubborn to not talk to me, then he'd better suffer.

I reached my hand to his and intertwined them, causing Lucas to flinch and stop in his tracks. Finally, I got your full attention!

"Hey."

Still no answer.

Then, "Are you happy?"

I looked up, confused. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I defended you from our mothers' schemes. Are you happy? I know that you wouldn't like to marry at this age, so I defended you..." He replied. He sighed when he tried to face me but he was hesitating. "Damn I was so disappointed that you were still avoiding me but here you are, holding my hand as if it were that easy—" he paused and stared at our hands. "—Ah, damn it! What am I saying, it is easy for you to hold my hand! You're so annoying, you know that?!"

"What?" Now I am so confused right now. He was silent the whole time because I was avoiding him? What is he, five?

And why is it easy for me to hold his hand..?

Lucas finally faced me. I saw a tint of red on his cheeks which I thought was from my imagination. He stared at me for a moment before he cursed again and walked away, calling me annoying again.

He was walking away. But.

He did not let go of my hand.

---
just teenage sweethearts :')

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.5K 351 16
"I hate you and never want to see you again..." Bang bang "I am sorry about everything.. From now on you can be happy again.." "No...!! No..!! Ple...
54.4K 1.5K 23
Set in lovely princess What if athanasia escape her execution with Lucas and started a family together 20 years later the obelian empire started to...
85.1K 3.1K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
698K 42.8K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...