How She Reigns

By AveryJ_

A polyamories love story. The change is a mutation given to those meant to rule the world. Its passed down t... More

Welcome back readers.
Backstory part one
Backstory part 2:
chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 8 -RATED R
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15
Chapter 16:

Chapter 7:

30 5 1
By AveryJ_

Evie refused to board until she oversaw unloading her house. She watched for 2 hours as a crew of 50 men unloaded her garden- she yelled the whole time as phoenix had his crew on the sideline watching.

Evie was taken in front facing handcuffs tied around the wrist of her long-sleeved jacket, and a chain around her waist into academy custody. She never spoke a word while she packed her bags of electronics with Phoenix.

Thanks to her compliance, they allowed her to finish her bottle of wine on the plane. Between her hands her small stuffed lion and was more than happy to hold it on her flight. Phoenix, after scanning it, seemed it safe to let her fly with.

Lev won it when she was 7 at the arcade before the claw machine broke.

It was a reminder of why she does what she does.

She was happy to say the least. To be gone and heading closer to Lev. She was hoping he kept moving forward. Maybe he was going back to school. Evie chuckled to herself seeing the assumable gigantic Russian sitting in the American classroom.

"Ms. Romanov" a voice sounded from behind her detaining seat on their plane. Evie looked up and met two blue eyes. She felt her body sag, hating that name. The man walking up noticed her reaction to her name.

"Valkyrie is fine. Mr. Kingsley Blackhawk." She falsely smiled, recognizing him from his books on accounting. Phoenix was shocked with how quickly she changed to English. He sat 10 feet behind her, and watched the way Valkyrie smiled up to king.

"Nice to finally meet another competitor in person, your books saved my own business on more than one occasion, thank you." Evie smiled honestly this time. Kingsley mask almost slipped at how sincere she was. Was this girl really a mafia boss? Kingsley thought to himself.

"You write?" Phoenix asked Kingsley. His books were low in number and ones that his team didn't know about.

"He has a couple of books that you should read if you become a business owner yourself Phoenix." Evie burped and got embarrassed. She flushed red and held up her free hand.

"Sorry it's the wine.." She laughed. Phoenix smirked and Kingsley has a tinge of a smirk to the side of his mouth. She was cute. Kingsley thought to himself, not knowing Phoenix was having similar thoughts.

Kingsley was shocked she knew his face, but then again, she knew about the SIA.

"So you speak English." Kingsley asked.

"No, absolutely none.." She spoke, in English.

"Im going to ignore that. How about another question." Kingsley sat down in the chair directly across from her, folding one leg over the other.

"How much do you know about the SIA." Kingsley asked once he settled. He watched as the girl, younger than himself, started out the window as she kept stealing glances to the stuffed tiger is in her hand.

"That's a difficult question." Evie admitted aloud fumbling with her tiger stuffy. Kingsley saw the look in her face as she stared at the stuffed tiger.

"How so?" He inquired; his brows furrowed in an intimidation factor. Evie slowly peaked up to him and smirked, seeing through his fake intimidation.

"Well, I guess a better question would be, what DON'T I know."

"I mean I know the ins and out, code words and locations of bases. It took me about 4 months to get back in , you guys have a great cyber security network now. But I guess I was in originally 6 years ago. So I already had the backcode." She smiled.

"6 years ago? How old were you- ?" Phoenix askes baffled.

"Guess." Evie giggled, feeling the alcohol. No one answered in fear she was much older than she looked or much younger.

"But my knowledge is not malicious.I was simply hiding you." She told him honestly; Kings brow lifted at this. Phoenix noticed how she never answered him about her age. He assumed that meant she was young, probably too young to drink.

"Hiding us from...?" He clarified.

"Who do you think." Evie scoffed. Phoenix sat up in the seat adjacent.

"Her father" Phoenix said allowed.

"Ding ding ding." Evie whispered, smiling to the boy her age. Phoenix smiled back to her. She looked away.

"Why were you hiding us?" Kingsley asked .

"Your precious SIA is something that papa would have.. tried to get rid of." Evie tells them.

"I like your organization, what you stand for. Russia needs one of you. I didn't want your organization to go away." She admits letting a bit of her sadness show as she tilts her head back onto the plane head rest. But she was only telling a partial truth.

"Plus king, If I killed you there would be no one to to pass on your eyes- god- theyre brilliant. I've never seen eyes so blue.." She whispered leaning into king who stopped breathing for a second- thrown off.

She leaned back and readjusted.

"Im gay-" Kingsley stood and walked away, only to return with a small a blanket for her.

"Thank you, King- and ...apologies.." She answered- feeling bad, she leaned forward formally.. He was shocked that she used his first name and from the look Phoenix was giving him, so was he. No one called him by a nickname except his team. He watched her curl into the blanket and his thoughts turned someplace they shouldn't.

"I hate to inform you that my name is kingsley." He corrects after a moment.

"But if I call you King it makes you seem your age-..Loosen up. Youre only 24. Not 44." Valkyrie whispers, now fully feeling the effects of the alcohol. Phoenix can't help the snicker that arises in his throat, only for Kingsley to stare him down.

"How did you know my age?" He asked.

"I Googled you- " She admits with a wide smile- clearly drunk. She was completely relaxed at this point.

"Sooo,your highness, my King.." She goes to say in play, just to irritate him. His eyes twitch in annoyance at the brat infront of him. He calls himself with a breath.

"Were in a plane and I would like it if you would at least un handcuff me until we land.." She asked. Kingsley looked to Phoenix then back to Evie.

"Very well." He watches as as he went to grab the keys she simply pulled her arms apart, snapping the cuffs.

"What-" He began. She ignored his questioning look and took the blanket around her and curl up, Falling asleep with cuffs around her wrists. Kingsley watched the girl fall asleep, the small lion in her grip and couldn't stop thinking about how adorable he found her. Plus it helped she was very intelligent, besides the obvious connection to the Russian mob, Kingsley liked this girl. More than he should.

"How did she?" Kingsley asked Phoenix.

"I have no idea?" Phoenix responded.

Kingsley settled for the links were broken and lifted his feet to rest on the butt of the chair Evie was curled in and he found himself reading peacefully, enjoying the calm air between his family. This calmness was rare for their team, and he was expecting the detained to throw a fit like their intel had described. Just who was Valkyrie.

...And how did she know so much.

"She spotted me.." Asher brings up as he walks from his bedroom on the plane, he had just showered, as he was dusty form air vents. He decided to inform the group only after seeing an intoxicated girl asleep in the chair.

"What do you mean?" Phoenix asked.

"She avoided every shot I took." Asher turned his camera to Phoenix who search through the photos Asher took, and he was right, he didn't get her face in any shot.

"The only way she could have done that was if she saw me. She's good. Really good." Asher informed them. The smile on his face evident. Asher sat right onto phoenix's lap who sighed and held him close. Asher smiled to his fiancé with a smirk. Phoenix reached up and ran a hand into ashes hair, causing him to lean into his touch.

"I had half a mind to let her kill Mr. Romanov.." Phoenix admitted out loud with a sigh. Asher leans all the way back and kisses his forehead upside down.

"Not letting her may come back to bite us in the ass, my dear." King agreed. They all nodded. But they had morals, and the SIA didn't condemn killing people.

Nile was in the pilot's seat, ear cuff freshly on, listening in to his lovers team. The detainee must be a problem. He thought to himself. He decided not to question it as he needed to fly another 3 hours home. He put the ear phone back in. Helping him focus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like

Comment

Follow

-AJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 308 11
Mark hasn't been on one single date for the past four and a half years. Not because he isn't attractive to the ladies.. No, it's because he's loved o...
545K 17.2K 51
A cliche wrong number story. Boy gets girl's number, boy texts the wrong person, etc. You know how it goes. But what if boy finds the exact opposite...
512K 12.9K 16
Axel looked with tears in his eyes as he saw his ex-boyfriend walking hand in hand with his best friend. He never expected it to be this way. No not...
15K 354 21
JJ had been living in a group home for boys and girls for a 5 whole years, and it had become the only sense of stability and familiarity in his life...